PDA

View Full Version : Happy Wednesday

Blondie
October 24th, 2012, 06:43 AM

Happy Wednesday folksies! And a happy anniversary to me! Seventeen years ago, the big man and I jumped the broom. And I've been riding one ever since. nyuk, nyuck, nyuck. Just kidding. But it IS my anniversary and while I may not ride a broom, I can sure sweep a mean one.

I had been a single mother for what seemed like an eternity when I met Larry.

I told him "I don't need a man, I need a donkey."

He replied "Where in the back forty do you want me to kick up my heels ~ I'll hee haw for you."
Wow, the beginning of true love! I was as serious as that groundhog eating my vegetables this past summer and so was he! Luscious is a very mellow, patient kinda fella. I would arrive home from work to see him working in my yard, trimming hedges, whatever. He always had music playing some of my favorite groups of all times - Marshall Tucker Band, The Travelling Wilburys ~ Who can resist a good man and good music? Hubba, hubba, hubba

He is an old fashioned kinda guy as well. Why he even asked my dear old Daddy if he thought it was a good idea to ask me to marry him and what would he do if I said no? The way my Daddy would tell it, "I would then look up at the boy (cuz the boy is about 6'4") and say, Boy, if she didn't want you sniffing around, she'da shooed you away with that broom already. Go ahead and ask her. If she says no, I will eat your hat."

Larry is the mushy one in the marriage; I am not. He buys the best cards and gifts and flowers. He even does it on un events! He never forgets dates like birthdays, anniversaries. The only reason I remember my anniversary is because I have one of those lists on the computer to remind me. That doesn't make me a bad wife does it? I am good at other things. I have a great sense of humor, I am loyal, faithful, and Larry thinks I am easy on the eyes. I have also learned how to turn around three times before I sit down. I would make a wonderful lap dog.

Think I will make him some chicken and dumplings for an anniversary dinner. Have a wonderful day, everyone!

Jean Sewing Machine
October 24th, 2012, 06:48 AM
Wow, Blondie, what a wonderful love story! No wonder he is your Luscious! Keep him happy and around for a long time! Have a wonderful anniversary!

RFREE
October 24th, 2012, 07:22 AM
Happy Anniversary Blondie! I'm with Jean;it is a good read ha ha. You have a way with words.L.L. is lucky to have found you.
Work Work Work for me today. These days are a flying. I need to get around and let everyone (family) know that Thanksgiving dinner is at my house this year.It makes for a big crowd and everybody brings a dish or 2 or 3 so we have plenty of food for sure. I continue to work on my SS gifts , don't want to fall behind:)
You all have a wonderful Wednesday.
Hugs
Rhonda

dwil23
October 24th, 2012, 07:23 AM
You are one Blessed lady! They don't make many like him. Trust me.

Have a very Happy Anniversary!!

I made it through my first week of work. Now off for two nights! Hope to get some quilting done.

MRoy
October 24th, 2012, 07:38 AM
Awww, that's a sweet story Blondie. Happy Anniversary to you and LL! Happy Hump Day to all!

quilter.martha
October 24th, 2012, 07:38 AM
Happy anniversary Blondie! Enjoy your special day with your special DH. He is a keeper, that's for sure!

candy
October 24th, 2012, 07:59 AM
Happy anniversary Blondie. Chicken and dumplings sounds like the perfect anniversary dinner to me! Enjoy your day.

aliaslaceygreen
October 24th, 2012, 08:10 AM
Happy Anniversary!! What a great guy you've found there... (and I think he's done pretty well himself!!!!)....

Off to work....first of 7 straight, then HOUSTON~~~

Monique
October 24th, 2012, 08:10 AM
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY BLONDIE AND LARRY. May you have many many more together. xoxoxoxoxo (Chicken & dumplings, huh. Never had that. Would you share your recipe?)

Wow, I would like to know who is speeding up time. I have decided I need a new bra (s) and a new prosthetic as well. I called my lady that I had found years ago and SHE RETIRED!! Awww, made me sad. I really liked her. There is another shop in Ottawa that specializes in such things. I called and made an appointment for tomorrow. The lady on the phone was so nice. Plus they are having an open house as well. So we will see what I come home with tomorrow. These bras and prosthetics are not cheap, let me tell you. Bras around $80 and prosthetics in the hundreds! I consider it a Christmas gift to me.

Yesterday I actually got into my sewing room. I started a Christmas card holder for my SS. That will get finished today. I also have bingo tonight at the seniors home.

Have a wonderful day everyone.

meemeecyn
October 24th, 2012, 08:14 AM
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY to a very special couple! What a great story. One where it is evident you were both meant for each other.

I am off soon for annual eye exam and then to the LAQ to pick up/drop off some quilt tops. Trying to get the UFO pile down! One of these days I am going to get a camera and learn how to post pictures. You can 'teach an old dog new tricks', it just takes a bit longer! hehe

Have a good day all you Quilty Friends. Happy sewing!
Cynthia

Cathy F
October 24th, 2012, 08:33 AM
Happy Anniversary to you! That was a special story this morning and put a smile on my face, may you celebrate many more!

A rainy day today but sice I have housework to do won't make much difference. Want to start looking through some of my fabric and patterns today to maybe find some cute ideas for Christmas gifts. Off to get a cup of coffee cause my eyes are just about open and the brain is still foggy.

Have a great day everyone!

Lonna
October 24th, 2012, 08:35 AM
Happy Anniversary to a wonderful couple!

Not much happening around here this morning just enjoy a cuppa before heading into work. Already making my list of things I want to get done this weekend as I do have the whole weekend off again this week. I could really get use to having every weekend off all though that will never happen. Oh well a girl can wish can't she. Well off to get ready to head out the door.

Jess1377
October 24th, 2012, 08:39 AM
Oh Blondie, thank you so much for sharing your story! Happy Anniversary!! You two have a great thing :) Congrats!!

Bubby
October 24th, 2012, 08:40 AM
Blondie....Wishing you and LL a wonderful anniversary!! When it's good, it's good....and you guys are so good together! Doesn't the time fly!!

I'm heading back to the old house this morning to do some more painting. I would like to surprise DH and have one whole room painted and trimmed. That would be a big relief for him. Yesterday I put on an oldies station on the radio and enjoyed the afternoon working.

Slowly the supplies I need for my daughter's Luna Notte quilt are arriving. Finding and ordering the charms, jellyrolls and yardage has been like piecework....a little bit here and a little bit there. Even after ordering some of the items I was notified they are permanently out of stock, so the search was back on. I have everything now except the two jellyrolls and when I get them I'll feel relieved.

We have been having wonderful weather but it is coming to an end this weekend.

I hope everyone has a good Wednesday....stay safe! Hugs, Barb

dizzyLiz
October 24th, 2012, 09:40 AM
Blondie what a great story. Made me smile. Happy anniversary. I can't help but laugh, your LL sounds so much like my DH, and DH's fav meal is chicken n dumplings LOL. Everyone have a terrific day

CrazyMtnLady
October 24th, 2012, 09:50 AM
A wonderful Wednesday to all of you and a special 30536 to you and your Luscious Larry. I believe it has something to do with the name Larry. My late husband's name was Larry and he was a lot like your Larry (and he called me Blondie a lot..haha)
Hope you have a wonderful day and the best Chicken and Dumplings ever.

Took a short ride with the motorcycle yesterday, had to run errands in town. The colors are at their peak and it was beautiful. I am going to work on a couple UFO's hopefully today. I need to check the weather though a do a load of laundry if it is not going to rain.
DH has another gun show this weekend and I need to make sure his good jeans and shirts are washed.

Other than that ..nothing much here. Hope everyone has a great day.
Hugs and prayers to all.

LynneLeavell
October 24th, 2012, 09:56 AM
Happy Anniversary Blondie. Hope you have many more wonderful years together.

pcbatiks
October 24th, 2012, 10:02 AM
Blondie, Your story put a smile on my face too! Hope you and Larry have a great anniversary day together!

I will probably work on the baby quilt and try and get more housework done....bleh on the housework! Need to get caught up.......one more week until Houston Quilt Show!!!!

Sandy Navas
October 24th, 2012, 10:19 AM
What a Gal. What a Guy. What a story - thanks for sharing. Love the picture.

Gorgeous weather - beautiful day shaping up. Almost to the point of being on my own in the sewing room. Last task? A TOGA - one of the DGDs is TorTing as Romulus!! Should be fairly easy.

Other than that, I wish you all well.

Claire Hallman
October 24th, 2012, 11:24 AM
Have a lovely anniversary, looks like you both got keepers.

HandsOffItsMine
October 24th, 2012, 11:52 AM
Happy, Happy Anniverary to my Sis and LL :) - what a couple they make! Love that photo...ahh, we all looked so young. :D

Yesterday took photos of Candy's dresses for the Keikies of Waianae. Can you believe she made 11 pillowcase and 9 peasant dresses plus sent a bunch of new dresses, undies, socks and 2 pairs of shoes. Still need ot take pictures of the Boy box, my camera battery died! It was full, I think she sat on the box!! Full of shorts, tshirts, swim trunks, and some "slippers". Amazing gifts!

Got my AccuquiltGo delivered by UPS! Yea!! Amazing as I ordered in on Friday and we're on the Rock. I will play with it today with my scraps, there's a 36"x36" quilt pattern on the back of the die that looks good as a tester. :)
Now I need the circles and hearts and birdies and ... ohhhh my, guess my dear family will know what's on my Xmas list. lol

Also need to continue to work on backing up my laptop as it's acting funky. Took 4.5 hours to back up my photos yesterday. Hate to think about my Graphics files. :(

Blessings, prayers and huggers, Ruby

BellasQuilts
October 24th, 2012, 12:12 PM
Happy anniversary to you both! What a great story.

MayinJerset
October 24th, 2012, 12:15 PM
Happy Anniversary Blondie and Larry, sounds like you were meant for each other.

BIG NEWS: DGD Laura called to tell us that she's expecting some time in May. She's the mother of our 1 1/2 yr old great grandson Jack. Family is growning bigger each year, Adam new grandson this year when he married DGD Christine. Next year new great grandchild expected in May and maybe another new grandson, Harold,who is engaged to DGD Mary. No date set for their wedding but I'm pretty sure it will be next Fall.

Lunch this afternoon with my best quilty friend Elaine. Funny story, we met through Alex Anderson's old message board, 'talked' a bit there and found out we lived only a few miles from each other. That was about 10 years ago and we've been good pals ever since. We've been to local quilt shows and shops and spend a lot of time talking about our quilts. For many years we've gone to the show in Lancaster, staying a few days to shop and hang out with other quilting pals we've met through Alex's MB. Between one thing and another we haven't seen each other in awhile and have a lot to catch up with. May in Jersey

cyndiofthevortex
October 24th, 2012, 12:25 PM
Happy Anniversary, Blondie! It's a great love story and I was glad to hear it.

Nothing new here. Grandkids and quilting. I'm going to start to hand finish the binding on one of my sunflower quilts and also work on a baby quilt for a friend's new grandbaby due in January. It's all pinks and purples and yellows in a pinwheel pattern. I'm going to try my hand at a scalloped border for the first time on this one. I have errands to do and dishes to wash but they can wait I think. Maybe a magical dishes fairy will stop by and I don't want her to be disappointed that the kitchen is all clean!

SuzyQue
October 24th, 2012, 12:58 PM
Happy Anniversary, Blondie! Great story.
Cyndi---when that fairy gets there to do your dishes and cleaning, send her on my way, please! I have Bible Study here tonight and must remove some dust as the sun is shining today.

I finally picked up those comic book boards yesterday, so after I polish and shine the house, I hope to start the fabric stash rolling dance! I really debated, for months, changing the way I store my stash. I finally figured out the dressers in the spare room, where the attic access is that stores most of the fabric tubs, .....anyway....the drawers are the perfect size for storing the best quilting fabrics on the boards. It will be a long and slow process, but I have to have that room cleaned before Christmas guests arrive, so I might as well start organizing as I go. It might be forever till I get back to my machine, but oh the feeling of organization will make it so worth it all!

On the Momma note, she was finally allowed an iron and ironing board yesterday in her room at the care center. Off to Walmart we ran to get a new one with automatic shut off as allowed. She was as thrilled as a 3 year old on Christmas morning! Now she can putter around with her quilt blocks, at her own pace, once again! Once you get that lint and thread in your lungs and blood, it stays there. It makes my heart sing to see her so happy! Memory made!

Hope and prayers, hugs and smiles to one and all. Go make it your best day!

rebeccas-sewing
October 24th, 2012, 01:00 PM
I'm so glad you found him! He's a wonderful guy! Hope you have many more wonderful years together, Blondie! Cheers to you both.

toggpine
October 24th, 2012, 01:05 PM
Morning everyone!
Late start for school today, but finally a full day! Why they don't make one whole week parent teacher conferences I have no idea. They have to wreck two weeks by taking tow days last week and two days this week. Grrr.
After the trip to the bus stop, I'll be starting beef & barley soup and then getting down to some serious work in the sewing room. I have a few blocks to knock off of the table and then I have a red dinosaur costume to get done!
Happy Anniversary Blondie! I actually missed ours one year. We married on May 25th and it was the Saturday of Memorial Day weekend. So our anniversary is on a Saturday as far as I am concerned. Hubby came home mid-week with flowers and I asked him what was wrong. To which he replied "It's our anniversary." I have yet to live that one down. Hubby is not the romantic type, if you didn't guess. His version of a proposal was "Well then, lets do this thing." (Another long story.) So I have a right to be suspicious when flowers show up!
You all have a great day!
Cathy

lilmouse
October 24th, 2012, 01:44 PM
Happy Anniversary Blondie, hope you have many more! I think you both scored on that one....love the story...have a great day!

shannonsaulter
October 24th, 2012, 02:40 PM
Happy Anniversay!!!!! He definitely sounds like a keeper..good for you both...seems like so many couples break up nowadays...Enjoy you special dinner...(((HUGS)))

auntiemern
October 24th, 2012, 03:04 PM
Happy Anniversary Blondie and Larry. What a wonderful story. Your LL sounds a lot like my Gary. He takes such good care of me. Sometimes though a little to much. Like yesterday and today. In bed with bad case of bronchitis, and he checks in on me every 5 minutes. Because I am under strict orders to stay in bed for at least 3 days, will not get anything done. Gonna take me a couple extra days to get to the PO as well, so hoping my quilty friends understand that I just can't get their packages ready to ship. This crud just zaps me, so thinking I need to take a nap. Hugs and blessings to all, and prayers for those in need.

buckeyequilter
October 24th, 2012, 03:09 PM
Happy Anniversary Blondie & LL....hope you have many more.

SuzyQue
October 24th, 2012, 04:32 PM
Marilyn----Get well and follow those Dr's orders! You are lucky that your hubby is so attentive. Lap it up! REST!

bkthomas
October 24th, 2012, 04:36 PM
What a great story and a very handsome/beautiful picture!!! Happy Anniversary!!!

janluna
October 24th, 2012, 06:14 PM
Happy Anniversary to you and Luscious, Blondie. He reminds me of my Joe. He spoils me rotten. And, he calls himself my donkey. If he asks me, you want me to take that empty water bottle to the kitchen, and I say yes, thank you Hon, he proceeds to hee haw all the way down the hall. He imitates one really well! LOL He cracks me up! He is funny, a romantic, protective, doesn't care if the house is spotless, (thank Goodness) and a great big Teddy Bear...er... Donkey! LOL Hope your day is wonderful and I'll be there for dinner around 6. I love chicken and dumplings! I'd rather be at your house, we're only having fish and mac and cheese. Speaking of which, I'd better go cook for Joseph. Love you to pieces Blondie, give Luscious a hug for me, then make him give one to you. Then you both will have an anniversary hug from me. Two actually! What you do after that is your business. My hugs are that good! LOL God Bless you both and many more. Love, Hugs, and Prayers for everyone, Jan L.