PDA

View Full Version : Weds. Morning

janluna
October 6th, 2010, 07:17 AM
Hello all :icon_wave: How is everyone doing this morning? I got up at 4:30 and started more laundry. Wanted it all caught up before my class on hand quilting tomorrow.
What type of classes have you taken? The next class is going to be an orange peel wall hanging. Can't wait for that one. It's so pretty. I'm doing it in black, and white, with a splash of red. I love that color combo.
Hopefully Laura you are feeling better. We are all praying for your recovery to excellant health and healing.
Suzi how many star blocks do you have done so far for your new star quilt. I just figured if you had 70 before anyone started the first swap you got to have some all ready to go for the second one :icon_heh: You are amazing!
Well off to change loads, talk to you all later. Hugs, Jan

hillbilly
October 6th, 2010, 07:34 AM
Good morning Jan. i really can't wait to see your orange peel quilt! I like those colors too...I also like black, white and brilliant blue. I've never been able to take a class, so the internet is a blessing!!

Mr. Stephen was not a good sleeper last night again, so I'm trying not to be fussy. i dont know what his problem is!! I started my Generations quilt. I'm quite proud of myself over that one because i've had the chemicals to make my own photo fabric for two years and I'm one of these people that are scared to try new things. I tried it...and it was so easy!! It came out beautiful.

I am retreating from the computer some...I am just tired of it. I just get on a lot because Stephen gets into everything in the basement, so I don't sew while he's awake. I need to get me some hand sewing! I usually always have something i can sew binding on...but not right now!

Well the little burger fell asleep again in my arm. i think i give up on sleep, but I'm going to try to lay him down. He's only been sleeping about twenty min before waking again!

Have a great day all...and Laura, please take care!!

janluna
October 6th, 2010, 07:58 AM
Good morning Tonya, so sorry the baby is fussing. Is he cutting teeth again?
You should have joined the block swap or did you? That would give you some work to do.
Can they be hand pieced? I know one girl who had pieces full quilts. They are beautiful. I don't trust mine to stay together. I'm not afraid to hand finish a binding though. Have a better day. Maybe the baby will take a nap this afternoon and let you sew or you take one too.

Blondie
October 6th, 2010, 09:08 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v693/BSpence/sigs/p23.gif

Good morning everyone.
Tonya, I know your bundle of joy is a source of pride, amusement and sloppy baby kisses. Loosing sleep because they get their days and nights mixed up, no fun! Remember those days!
How is hubby doing?

Ladies I am going to be visiting hopefully with my sis from up the road today. We get at least one day a week to play. Fingers crossed that the folks will be okay while I chill out, watch tv shows with her and hand stitch. No worry about dinner - I have homemade chicken noodle soup in the crockpot. I have already swept and mopped the floors, opened the windows up for the welcome coolness.

Blessings to all on this sunny day here in NC

Texsam
October 6th, 2010, 09:27 AM
Morning everyone

Jan -I haven't taken any classes, maybe someday. I look forward to seeing your quilt.

Tonya- Hopefully your little guy will get his sleep pattern worked out. I know this happens sometimes. Take care of yourself-you've had a lot to deal with lately!

Have fun with your sister Blondie! I wish I could hand sew while I watch tv but I have to see what's going on. :icon_rolleyes:

Laura - I hope you are doing better and the doctors are closer to finding out what's wrong. You are in my thoughts and I'm sending sleepy dust your way! Take care and feel better soon! :icon_hug:

Sheesh I better go get ready for work! Have a great day everyone!

patticakes
October 6th, 2010, 10:35 AM
Good Morning to this lovely day and all of you!

Jan, I have taken several classes, but they were years ago. The first one was the honey bee pattern which I made into a pillow. I had quilted for a few years before that but was self taught as most of us our. I helped found a quilt guild when I live in Michigan and joined another one when we moved to northern Michigan. The average age of that group was probably 70 (and I was in my 20s) so they really took me under their wings and taught me alot! A few years ago I quit sewing and quilting and last fall I just started up again. Having this passionate hobby has saved my sanity!

Tonya, hope that little guy takes a nice nap today and you can work on your sewing. Your Generations quilt sounds lovely, make sure to give us a peek at as you go along. I would freak out with chemicals!!

Blondie, have fun with your sis. Sounds like a nice, relaxing day. Don't poke yourself with your needle when watching tv. I always do! The chicken soup sounds soooo good!

Shelia, it really stinks that we have to work huh? Hope your day goes by quickly!

Got my binding attached and half hand-sewn on last night while watching the BF flip the channels like crazy! Tonight I hope to finish it. It always amazes me how the tops just get so much more beautiful and come to life when you quilt them. The top wasn't my favorite one until I quilted it and I kept thinking that my son's girlfriend might not like it, but now that it is quilted I love it and know that she will too. Glad I kept going on it!

Take care - I will check in later to see how everyone is doing! Hope Laura feels better today!
Patti

sally
October 6th, 2010, 10:59 AM
Good morning everyone.
Weds...yuck! Never a good work day for me and am usually in a lousy mood when I get home.
Luckily my DH is a very loving and forgiving man!
I took one quilting class. I was so overwhelmed that I forgot more than I learned. Took me two years to finish the quilt. Thank the Lord for MSQC and you folks...renewed my interested in Quilting.
Well hope everyone has a good day! Wishing you all naps if you need them, good health always and
bigs hugs...just cause!

Sally:icon_wave:

janluna
October 6th, 2010, 11:14 AM
I'm with you shauna, I get overwhelmed really easy. It takes me time to learn but once I got it, I got it. I'm hoping this stuff sinks in. :icon_scared:

toggpine
October 6th, 2010, 01:15 PM
Morning all!

Classes? Nope, but I want to take one on paper or foundation piecing. The biggest problem I have is that the LQS doesn't seem to have night classes. I think they close by 4:30 or 5 most nights. Not really the best plan if you want folks to come by after work or after Hubby gets home and can watch the kids. I would at least try to be open later one night a week, but maybe that is just me.

I got morning chores done at the dairy and found out that this may be my last week working there. It sounds like her off-the-farm job is coming to an end sooner that expected. Bummer. I was hoping to make it through January working for her. The extra $$ during the holidays would have been nice. I really don't want to have to work nights, but that may be what it comes to. There goes my sewing time for sure if that happens.

Well, I need to go get my own farm chores done and then back to sorting the last of the office stuff. I kind of slacked off yesterday and went to the library to pick up some new audiobooks to listen to while I work around the house or sew. I feel like I am getting several things done at once then, and no guilt for just plopping down and reading a book.

Hillbilly; good luck with the baby. They eventually get better. My four-year old still has rough patches where she sleeps less or lighter than other times. I certainly don't envy you. Have you tried a weak & lukewarm chamomile tea for him? It is supposed to be calming. If he is teething you might try Hyland's Teething Tablets. They are all natural and dissolve almost instantly in his mouth, or you can mix them in a little bit of water and give it in a bottle. My friend who is a pharmacist recommended them to me. She says they work on all sorts of aches for little ones. We used them for Emmy's tummy and her teeth. I have even used them for monthly cramps, and they worked. (Obviously at a higher dose for me than a baby.)

Laura; take care of yourself. Blondie; have fun with your sister, those are special times! Jan; I'm going to have to go see what an Orange Peel quilt is. I am sure you will make a spectacular one in any case. You working gals, have a good one, and think of all of the daily deals you can grab up with the $$ you are making!

Catch you later!
Cathy

janluna
October 6th, 2010, 01:31 PM
Cathy, you have me confused with someone who knows what the heck she doing. ?We'll see how good it is. My teacher may get so frustrated with me she will probably throw me out of the class. LOL :icon_crazy: :icon_woohoo: :icon_mooooh:

Blondie
October 6th, 2010, 02:00 PM
Quick drive by wave here; sis has gone back home, have to take Pops to the dr - this came up quickly. He was doing so well yesterday walking, exercising and today is like going back ten spaces according to my Mom. I am off to run down the hill and get them rounded up for the dr.
Sigh. My folks are treasures. It seems to come in doses with the amount of time I spend with them. Sometimes just a quick visit a few times a day and other times, I am staying the night with them for weeks on end. This has been a real eye opener on the aging process. My sis and brother are both disabled, so it is all me. Not feeling sorry for myself, just the facts, Jack.

The good news is that my sis brought some need figures she has been embroidering on and we are going to use them to eventually applique them for a quilt. It will be quite whimsical and full of things we like - bunnies, birds, kitties and perhaps a dog.

Hoping that Gina is having safe travels, that Laura will soon be in the pink and the rest of us skip all the puddles that muddle our day.

janluna
October 6th, 2010, 02:42 PM
Sorry you are having problems. Hope your Dad will be ok. I'll say a prayer for your folks and for you.

hillbilly
October 6th, 2010, 07:37 PM
Blondie, let us know how he is.

Jan, have you heard from our sweet Laura?

I have not done a lot today other than play with baby. I do have a pot of applepear sauce and applepear butter cooking. did I say that this morning? Probably. I don't remember.

Had a lady wanting my machine until she found out the stitch count was just over 2,000,000. I googled it to see if I have used and abused my machine...and according to the only thread I found about it 8,000,000 was not unheard of. So...she might be back once she looks around a little harder. I did look on ebay as well. There is one that keeps trying to sell, but no one is meeting the high reserve. And it doesn't include the $800 software program that mine does, so I am crossing my fingers.

I am feeling overwhelmed about the christmas swap...but trying not to be. I sure hope it is as easy as Suzi says and that I can speed through them.

I've also signed up for a modern quilt contest and started my own ornament swap.Oh, and I'm making 60 small parachutes for a community service project. How do I get myself into these situations?

I tried to lease out my son via facebook today to any of my friends that needed a baby fix. I told them it would guarantee that they wouldn't want another...I got no takers. Aparantly, apparantly, appearantly, (oh phooey, I won the school spelling bee 25 years ago) I guess just the threat was enough of a baby fix for them. So, I called my daughter and told her that if she wants me to be a good grandma to wait a few years. LOL, you guys know I am kidding, right??

Well, just 4 more hours until husband comes home after another 14 hour day...and 4 more hours until baby goes to bed.

Everyone have a good night. I am going to chase a little bug away from my phone charger now :)

janluna
October 6th, 2010, 08:31 PM
Laura just called me. She should be online shortly. It seems she fainted and hit her head. They gave her codeine for her head ache and never told her nor did they look at her chart which had a flag that she is allergic to it. So he reacted to it rather badly. She had an electrocardiogram today on her heart and has more blood work and tests tomorrow. And may have to have a cathlab done soon. They are trying to find out exactly what is wrong with her heart. She can probably explain it all better when she checks in later. That's what I know so far. I was having a hard time hearing everything(my ears are not as good as they used to be) so I may not have heard everything right. She will explain. love you, Jan

janluna
October 6th, 2010, 09:58 PM
I made a mistake about Laura. It was an echocardiogram she had not the other. Sorry, I knew something wasn't right and I went and took a shower and it popped into my head echo stupid echo. Forgive me I have been worried about her and then I didn't sleep good last night. Finally gave up at 4:30 am and got up and started doing cleaning and laundry and all that stuff and I'm tired. I'm not thinking. I'm an idiot tonight forgive me. Sorry Laura. I'll get it right next time. Jan :icon_doh:

janluna
October 6th, 2010, 10:50 PM
Good night people. I've had it. I'm exhausted to the point of tears. My class is tomorrow so I better get some sleep. Love you all. See you tomorrow. Love you Laura. Let me know how it goes tomorrow. See ya later guys. Hugs, Jan :icon_wave: :icon_sleep:

craftyladysam
October 6th, 2010, 10:53 PM
Hey guys! Hillbilly hug that baby for me I would love to have him for a day. Just a day now. But I'm to far away! Love him while you can and I know you do.

Blondie let us know about your Dad. Hope all is well. Visited your blog tonight.

Jan thank you for your prayers! It is so sweet of you to offer prayers for everyone. I'll remember you in my prayers and all of you guys! Especially Laura and Suzi who must have lost it along the way. How many stars is she going to make? See you in the morning light. Good night.

ginampls
October 6th, 2010, 11:05 PM
my first class i took was about four or so monthes after my husband had died. it was so good to take this class.

sally
October 6th, 2010, 11:07 PM
See I knew Weds would not be a good day. For the last 3 weeks at least it has not been good for me.. Like Jan I am exhausted to the point of tears. My day was crappy. Overload...please Lord give me and those others who had a bad day today a better day tommorrow. G'night all!