PDA

View Full Version : For Kids or Those of Us Who Are.

toggpine
October 23rd, 2012, 09:38 PM
Magnetic Poetry has a place on their website where you can play magnetic poetry online!
I stopped by there to find some Christmas gift ideas and ran across it. For folks with tablets/phones that will do the internet, this might be a fun place to let the kids play.
http://www.magneticpoetry.com

Sis & I used to have so much fun with it on the fridge! We worked opposite shifts at our jobs, and we tried to leave something for each other to find when we came in or went out. Just thought I'd share.
Go have some fun with words!
Cathy

shannonsaulter
October 24th, 2012, 12:41 AM
interesting...may show this to the kiddos

Jess1377
October 24th, 2012, 12:55 AM
This may be a stocking stuffer for my kiddo... thanks for sharing!

Musical_Starling
October 24th, 2012, 02:54 AM
Aww man! I'd love to buy these for me! lol Stupid stainless steel fridge...

toggpine
October 24th, 2012, 04:17 AM
You can get magnetic paint!
They use a shallow metal oil pan in the class room for magnet stuff. I was going to measure one to see if I could mount it on the end of the cabinet for more magnetic space.
A non-aluminum cookie sheet would work.
They even have a metal easel on the Magnetic Poetry site for desk-top use!
Some white boards are magnetic too.
Think outside the Ice Box!

Musical_Starling
October 24th, 2012, 04:29 AM
Well, I do have a steel door in my dining room/kitchen/living room (Open concept house lol). I've debated sticking magnets on it and using it instead of the refrigerator for posting things lol Instead I bought a couple of command hooks and a small magnetic white board and hung it on the fridge instead :D It works? Plus I can write notes directly on there now instead of having to find a piece of paper and stick it there!

Sandy Navas
October 24th, 2012, 11:02 AM
Aww man! I'd love to buy these for me! lol Stupid stainless steel fridge...

DD has stainless steel fridge but the sides aren't stainless . . . strange - so they use a free side of the fridge for magnet stuff.

Musical_Starling
October 24th, 2012, 05:15 PM
DD has stainless steel fridge but the sides aren't stainless . . . strange - so they use a free side of the fridge for magnet stuff.

Mine is like that too, the sides are black :icon_beuj: But my fridge is actually enclosed in our cupboards, so I only have about 3" that sticks out on one side.