PDA

View Full Version : Holiday Pies @ McDonalds are back!!!

2AsMommy
October 23rd, 2012, 06:04 PM
Nothing but good news here. They freeze up beautifully.

Just tempting y'all.

cyndiofthevortex
October 23rd, 2012, 06:41 PM
LOL! I'll have to check them out! I have three large and hungry boys still living with me so I don't think they'd stay in the freezer for very long!

auntiemern
October 23rd, 2012, 08:40 PM
DD is manager @ Mickey D's. I do love those pies.

Lonna
October 23rd, 2012, 10:00 PM
I don't think I have ever seen or heard of their Holiday Pies.

K. McEuen
October 23rd, 2012, 10:11 PM
I'm with you Lonna. All I've seen at McD's are the fried apple or cherry "pies."

buckeyequilter
October 23rd, 2012, 10:17 PM
They used to have pineapple pies...I loved those. Now if I get one it's apple. I saw that one of the local McD's had pumpkin pies....but that doesn't even sound good to me.

CrazyMtnLady
October 23rd, 2012, 10:21 PM
I really really really don't like McDonald's food, I am not a big fast food type person at all. Once in a great while I will eat at Arby's but other than that..... I'll cook.

MayinJerset
October 24th, 2012, 02:51 AM
[QUOTE=Lonna;183870]I don't think I have ever seen or heard of their Holiday Pies.[

Me too. They sound interesting - what kind do they have? It might be worth stopping there. Can't eat fast foods any longer and the only time I've been to McD's recently was to at the drive thru to get a Mocha Frappee, mmmm!

Musical_Starling
October 24th, 2012, 03:16 AM
They used to have pineapple pies...I loved those. Now if I get one it's apple. I saw that one of the local McD's had pumpkin pies....but that doesn't even sound good to me.

A pineapple pie? I love pineapple, but can't say I've ever had it in a pie...

dwil23
October 24th, 2012, 04:17 AM
Their pumpkin pies are delicious! Unfortunately, at least around here, their coffee has become undrinkable. Must have changed to a cheaper kind - it is awful now, and it used to be my favorite. I used to love to stop on my way to work and get a large coffee and pumpkin pie.

MayinJerset
October 24th, 2012, 11:57 AM
DH will be unhappy that their coffee has changed. He hates Starbucks, etc. and likes McD's I think mostly because it's cheaper and he gets a senior discount at most of them.

auntiemern
October 24th, 2012, 09:19 PM
Hmmm about the coffee. Will have to ask about that. They were voted best coffee in St. Louis. Chances are it is an owner operator (franchise) store and not company. Any way I do love those pumpkin pies.

dwil23
October 25th, 2012, 11:04 AM
Hmmm about the coffee. Will have to ask about that. They were voted best coffee in St. Louis. Chances are it is an owner operator (franchise) store and not company. Any way I do love those pumpkin pies.

I would love to know the answer as I want to complain to whomever is responsible. I miss my McD's coffee.