PDA

View Full Version : Tuesday Greetings

Blondie
October 23rd, 2012, 06:10 AM
Happy Tuesday to all

My cousin will be leaving in just a few short hours - right at the moment he and Luscious are packing their vehicle and then Luscious has to leave for work. Karen is still sleeping, and I am going to take a nice long nap today! I sure do love my relations - well most of them. Every family has in laws and outlaws, right? These are my special favs. I have one other cousin who is like a sister to me that I am missing over much. Hopefully we will all get together around the holidays. Usually, my location is centrally located for those in the frozen north and those in deeper south. We spread everyone out to various houses here on The Hill and occasionally have a motel spillover. Now that our children are grown and gone, we are slowing down on all the get togethers. Sad but true. We always thought it would be the opposite but gosh, they now have grands and etc. Sigh.

I now have about 4 or 5 circle of comfort quilts to work on. I did stitch a little on one last evening. These are gonna keep my machine singing and my fingers toughened. Thanks to everyone participating.

Good to see that Pam posted an update. Off to read a bit before I have to say my tearful byes. I will sure miss my company.

auntiemern
October 23rd, 2012, 07:17 AM
Well lookie here. I am here before anyone else other than Blondie. Not much planned for the day. Getting kids off to school, then pick up my little man at 11:30, keep him till almost 4, get the girls off the bus and then take them all home. Hugs and blessings to all, and prayers for those in need.

Monique
October 23rd, 2012, 07:25 AM
Good morning Blondie and Marilyn.

Blondie, enjoy your nap. You deserve one. Marilyn, enjoy your little one.

I had a busy day yesterday. Got to go shopping for groceries. There were some good sales. Then of course, had to get put away. I did manage to clean out the pantry and rearrange stuff. Then I did the cupboards of pots and pans. I was just throwing stuff in there. Now it is all neat.

Today I will finish straightening the house. What else!!

Have a wonderful day everyone.

MRoy
October 23rd, 2012, 07:30 AM
Good Morning! It's (almost) always good to spend time with family. We took DH's 91 year old aunt out for a birthday supper Saturday night that she planned. She's so alert and active that she doesn't seem as old as she is. I hope to be doing as well as she if I make it my 90s.

It's going to be up toward 80 degrees here today then back in the 50's by Saturday. You don't know how to dress unless you hear the forecast. Have a great day!

Bailey65
October 23rd, 2012, 07:31 AM
Good Morning Ladies,

I am up a little earlier than normal but that's good because I have the entire day to sew and work on my crafts for the Fairs coming up! Hopefully today will be better than yesterday. Everything I touched yesterday either broke, fell apart or a I dropped it. Oh well new day and new beginnings. Hope all of you wonderful people have a wonderful productive day:icon_wave:

Jean Sewing Machine
October 23rd, 2012, 08:24 AM
Hi every one! For me, the end is in sight for my costuming job! Have 3 more pairs of knickers bloomers to make, some hems to take up, and then it's TWEEK TIME, play starts Friday, i may make it! Next week, back to quilt making! Oh, and shoveling out the floor of my sewing room. It is covered with scraps, pattern pieces and unused fabrics from several false starts at the whim of a disappearing director! Looking forward to being finished!

Lonna
October 23rd, 2012, 08:30 AM
Oh Fannie I know those days. Seems latley there are more and more of them. Good Morning all just another work day here. Didn't do much yesterday at work other then to get the bathrooms cleaned. Today I really need to get out there and sweep out some more units. I do so hate sweeping those things out once it starts to warm up. Hate being all sweaty at work. And to think I only have about another 260 to get done. May have them all done by the end of the year. Sorry owner of the property I do not think I will have them all done in the next two weeks. I am not a 20 or 30 something that can get out there and start sweeping at 8 and keep going until 5 plus work the office. Once again I am rambling on. Anyway have a great day my friends.

CrazyMtnLady
October 23rd, 2012, 10:16 AM
Good Morning! Not that I really want to be out of bed yet, but you know how that goes.
Got the baby quilt I was working done late yesterday so I will get some pictures of it today and make a post. I usually don't like to wear thimbles, but I hand sewed the binding on this one and I finally had to wear a thimble! My thumb and middle finger are super sore ;(
Will pull another UFO out of my pile today and see if I can get one more project done.

MMMMMMMMMMMMmmm Coffee is perking................ it is a good day!!!!

Hugs and prayers to all.

MayinJerset
October 23rd, 2012, 10:27 AM
Blondie, Happy to hear of good visit with your cousins. I get together with 3 of mine monthly for a long lunch and lots of talk, we've been nicknamed "The Grannys". They were my closest cousins growning up and happy that we all live near enough to each other to keep intouch. Our big individual family, extended family and occasional cousin get togethers seem to be a thing of the past. I used to have all my children, grandchildren, sibilings and their families over at least once a year but none of the younger family members are continuing the tradtion.

One tradition my family has kept up is meeting on the first Sunday in December at our parent's and youngest brother's grave. That's when lay an evergreen grave blanket and say some prayers for them and the rest of the family and also welcome the arrival of new additions. Sometimes it is just my 2 sisters, brother and our spouses, and some years some of our children and grandkids join us. Afterwards we all go out to lunch at a local place. To me this is the beginning of The Christmas Season because I won't see everyone at Christmas as we live in different states and usually celebrate Christmas with our children and grandkids.

Speaking of grandkids, DGD Laura called me yesterday to tell me the good news, she's expecting again. Her son, Jack - my great grandson, will be almost 2 years old when the new baby arrives sometime in May.

Off to today's chores, lots of laundry needs putting away, folding and baging pillowcases from Saturday's Pillowcase Sew In and find a nice outfit for tomorrow's lunch with an old friend. This colder Fall weather makes me think of eating lots of soups so I'll be making a big pot of mushroom barley soup for dinner. May in Jersey

Sandy Navas
October 23rd, 2012, 10:35 AM
Scrambling around here to get down to the sewing room ASAP - Al has a video conference going on and the talking drives me up the wall. Right now I'm hanging from the ceiling by my toes to type this.

One last apron down yesterday - I'll need to post a picture as it is darling. I'll wait for the story, too. Mended a hoodie for my man, cut all the NEW Halloween bags and have the applique finished on over half of them. Now that I've figured out exactly how to make them come out right I think I can finish them all today. After that? PO tomorrow to mail a few things . . . .I may need to plan some house cleaning later this week.

Read my signature!!

aliaslaceygreen
October 23rd, 2012, 10:48 AM
Morning all! Blondie, those kinds of cousins do sound fun! Wish more of mine were closer...geographically and emotionally....

Off today, had to do a work conference call first thing anyway!! Next, off to the eye dr, and then home with dilated eyes...wonder what kind of quilting I can do like THAT?? lol

Its my last day off before we head to Houston...I will have to work 7 days straight in order to attend...and it will be worth it!!!

cyndiofthevortex
October 23rd, 2012, 10:50 AM
Hi everyone. All the boys will be out of the house today so I have the place all to myself. Sort of. The DGSs that live next door will be popping in all day but what better distraction can there be than loving little children? I finished quilting one of the sunflower quilts and will be sewing on the binding today. As much of it as I can, that is. It takes a long time for me to hand sew but what I once hated I now love. I love the quiet of hand sewing. As long as I'm not in a rush I can just sit and enjoy it. I may then get out a UFO and continue to get things finished or I might get out that ice cream fabric and make some pillowcases for my DGDs for Christmas gifts. I hope to have a peaceful and productive day. I hope God agrees with my plans!

lilmouse
October 23rd, 2012, 01:29 PM
Morning everyone....not much new going on here....4 days off of work and I plan to use them well....can't do much today...accidently overdosed my meds last night....had to call poison control...said I should be all right...don't do any driving today and just lay around until the meds flush out....scared me good...now will check bottle first before throwing down a bunch of pills....have never done that before and I am very anti suicidal and the lady I spoke to on the phone says it happens alot...not to feel bad and at least I called in right away...still feeling dopey and but I can handle that....please be careful taking meds! I am sluggish but coping and will be drinking lots of water today to help flush everything out! Hugs and prayers to all my friends out there!

buckeyequilter
October 23rd, 2012, 01:39 PM
Good afternoon....

Going to take it easy this afternoon...caught up on my work but always have files to work on.

It a rainy day here, thought I heard some thunder a bit ago. Tonight I'm going to begin finishing up a couple of quilts that I'm working on. I really, really need to clean my sewing room, but that will have to wait for the week-end.

lilmouse....be careful with those pills. I put mine in a pill box because I'm afraid I might accidentally take them a second time...don't want to be doing that with my blood pressure meds.

Hope everyone has a great day...prayers and hugs to all.

Laura108
October 23rd, 2012, 07:00 PM
Just a quick hi and finding myself back on MSQC site all the time. I miss you girls...Blondie, Jan how is everyone???

shannonsaulter
October 23rd, 2012, 08:02 PM
It's been a nice Tuesday here it's cool and crisp saw a good friend and we went to the quilt shop and I got some fabric..SE my show and tell Post...did some food shopping and now relaxing