PDA

View Full Version : Bye

Rhonda D. Matzker
October 23rd, 2012, 12:23 AM
No, I am not wallowing in self-pity, I just don't want to interfere anymore so after tomorrow, I will no longer be on the forum. I have met some really nice people and I wish all of you the best of luck in all of your endeavors. Take care and keep quilting.

Rhonda

bkthomas
October 23rd, 2012, 12:25 AM
You are not interfering, drop by and say Hi when You want to!

Musical_Starling
October 23rd, 2012, 12:28 AM
Oh Rhonda, don't say bye. You are certainly welcome here. If you really feel the need then take a little break and come back in a bit and check in with us all :)

Rhonda D. Matzker
October 23rd, 2012, 12:29 AM
No, too painful. You all just be good to each other.

HandsOffItsMine
October 23rd, 2012, 12:39 AM
Rhonda, don't feel that way. Things just got taken the wrong way and that is sometimes easy to do in emails/written forum.

You're part of this goofy gang. :) It will all work out.

Huggers, Ruby

auntiemern
October 23rd, 2012, 12:40 AM
OMG!!!! You do not need to leave the forum. For crying out loud, I've been mad before, and will be again. No need to take it to the extreme.

New York Sue
October 23rd, 2012, 01:41 AM
Rhonda, don't feel that way. Things just got taken the wrong way and that is sometimes easy to do in emails/written forum.

You're part of this goofy gang. :) It will all work out.

Huggers, Ruby

Rhonda, I'm not sure what happened, and I sure hope I wasn't part of the equation. I'm not about analyzing your last 20 posts, or trying to decipher what went wrong here. I've dropped a few threads.... In other words, I post and others are rendered to not respond, or they change-up the subject, or it just dies.
That's me.....
I am not a 'core' member.. I'm not part of the 'In Crowd'. I signed up for quilting advice, ideas, inspiration....
Seems like it's become an 'aches and pain' and PRAYER forum, to me.
No worries SS, just maybe my final send off, though, as well

dizzyLiz
October 23rd, 2012, 03:36 AM
I too come here for quilting ideas, advice & inspiration. I also have many aches and pains (smile), and I need all the prayers I can get. Didn't know there was a "In Crowd", but I'm more of a "outie" LOL. I hope this blows over. I come here and take/ give what I choose to, and the rest......let if roll off my back.

Monique
October 23rd, 2012, 07:30 AM
OH NO! I don't know what is going on either, but DON'T GO!! WE NEED YOU!! Just take a break.

You will be missed.

auntiemern
October 23rd, 2012, 07:42 AM
I just don't understand How such a simple post got completely taken out of context. For those of you that don't know, Rhonda and I are sisters, and just having a little spat. This too will blow over. Think we both over reacted, partly because I just didn't feel well at the time. For crying out loud I practically raised her, and will always love her no matter what. That and I am just a cranky old lady, lol. sorry for all the conflict.

Monique
October 23rd, 2012, 07:49 AM
Sometimes I am glad I never had a sister to fight with. I did fight with my two brothers though. LOL!!

MRoy
October 23rd, 2012, 08:00 AM
I wish I still had my sister here to spat with. I hope you can work things out...Life is too short!

SuziC
October 23rd, 2012, 08:11 AM
Boy, i hope you guys work it out. Life is TOO short!

CrazyMtnLady
October 23rd, 2012, 10:21 AM
I never had a sister to spat with, but wish I did. I had 3 brothers though. Hope everything works out between you two. Rhonda..please stop in once in awhile if you feel the need to go, just to let us know how you are doing.

Quilting Queen
October 23rd, 2012, 11:00 AM
I had six sisters and two brothers. Someone was always spatting. Sometimes knock down drag out. I have lost two of my sisters. Wish they were still here so I could fight with them.

HandsOffItsMine
October 23rd, 2012, 01:13 PM
Rhonda, I'm not sure what happened, and I sure hope I wasn't part of the equation. I'm not about analyzing your last 20 posts, or trying to decipher what went wrong here. I've dropped a few threads.... In other words, I post and others are rendered to not respond, or they change-up the subject, or it just dies.
That's me.....
I am not a 'core' member.. I'm not part of the 'In Crowd'. I signed up for quilting advice, ideas, inspiration....
Seems like it's become an 'aches and pain' and PRAYER forum, to me.
No worries SS, just maybe my final send off, though, as well

When I said "goofy gang" was not ment as a "In Crowd" - but The Forum members. Some folks are "Stalkers" who read, weep, snicker in private. Others are "Yackers" who jump write in and write away. Others are "Toe Dippers" who once in a while will write a post or contribute to on.

Can't speak for anyone but for myself but I surely don't consider by myself "In" or "Out" just "Ruby/HandsOffItsMine". I have plenty of creations in my Album, have offered plenty of advice, creative ideas, IMHOs. Now if my friends or a fellow forum member needs a prayer or a reach out to a higher spirit...I can do that. :) A&Ps came with life and friends share those, life would be grand if we didn't have those.

Plenty of great blogs out there for ideas, inspiration, quilting advice...very little personal information on there...oh yeah, maybe they will talk about their kids a bit, not too much.

stitched in color
maureen cracknell handmade
ellison lane quilts

just to name a few but I hope you stick around...

Huggers, Ruby

K. McEuen
October 23rd, 2012, 01:16 PM
Sometimes knock down drag out.

Haha, I was trying to remember spats with my siblings and these exact words came to mind. My sister 6 years older tha me, we used to beat on each other all the time.

Jean Sewing Machine
October 23rd, 2012, 01:58 PM
I was the oldest of 5, and I fought with my brothers a lot. My sister was 9 years younger than me, so I didn't fight so much with her. As life and fate will have it, the brother who I fought with the most will probably be my staunchest supporter, and I of him in our dotage! And we're getting pretty close to our dotage right now! Both single, he with no other family. 2 of our siblings are gone. So, while your siblings can press your buttons, for sure, they are important, and a little cooling off sometimes is just what you need to do.

A little story, it is sad. Our family went on a family vacation in June 2002. We all went to Hawaii for my daughter's wedding and to celebrate our youngest sister's 50th birthday. Our brother who is the middle child, managed to tick everyone in the family off in one way or another. When we left the island, we didn't call or write for a couple of months, and in August of that year, the police called from his home town and said they found he had died in the house. Nobody there, no body knew why. We had lost him and our opportunity to be a family. While we were in Hawaii, we had a family portrait taken. He was the one who bitched and moaned the most about having to have his picture taken. Little did we know that that picture would be the last picture we would have of him.

It has been 10 years, and I'm crying as I write this. We need to stay close to our family members, no matter how much they may press our buttons. No one knows when the next time will be when you will see them.

Rhonda and Marilyn, I feel like you are sisters to me. I hope that we don't lose touch with either of you, because this forum is like family to a lot of people. Maybe it has gone too much away from its original purpose, to share our love of quilting. But I cherish hearing from each and every member, and when some wander away, or decide to leave, it is a loss for us all.

Lindagie
October 23rd, 2012, 02:17 PM
There does seem to be an "in crowd" of sorts; maybe they were the originals on the forum or something, as they seem to know alot about each other and respond to each other's posts. I tried jumping in to a few conversations to no avail, so now I just peruse the site and get the information I need when possible. Sometimes people answer your questions, sometimes not so much. No biggie either way. I just like to look at the albums and see what other people are doing. As a beginner I do get alot of inspiration on here.

I do hope you two sisters get back on track. Life IS too short to spat over things that are not really important in the grand scheme of things. Have a great day everyone!

buckeyequilter
October 23rd, 2012, 02:30 PM
I have 2 brothers and 2 sisters - I'm the 4th child. Well my brother and I are in a sort of spat right now but just as soon as he figures out he's wrong and I'm right the spat will be over LOL.

I'm making a quilt for him that he asked for when he was here in May, I've had the top done for a while but when mom got diagnosed things were put on hold....so hopefully his quilt will be done in the next couple of weeks. Our spats never last long - just enough to know we've spatted (don't even know if that's a word).

I'm sure you and Marilyn will get it all worked out :)

auntiemern
October 23rd, 2012, 03:05 PM
I do not consider there being an 'In' group or clique. Some of us are just more chatty than others. While some of us do know each other a little better than others, it is only because we talk on here all the time. We share our ups and downs, stories about family, and yes if there is a need we pray for each other. Those that feel 'left out' just need to jump head first in to the middle of our convos. Share part of your life with us, ask for prayers or encouragement if you need it. I am not an 'original'. I have only been part of this amazing group since April. Sometimes you have to make the first move to make friendships. I was brand new on here when I told about my grand son, and said I was making quilts for our hospital NICU. I didn't ask for help, but got plenty[, along with love from total strangers. Just saying, jump in, and before long you too will get to know some of the 'regulars' not the 'in crowd'.QUOTE=Lindagie;183666]There does seem to be an "in crowd" of sorts; maybe they were the originals on the forum or something, as they seem to know alot about each other and respond to each other's posts. I tried jumping in to a few conversations to no avail, so now I just peruse the site and get the information I need when possible. Sometimes people answer your questions, sometimes not so much. No biggie either way. I just like to look at the albums and see what other people are doing. As a beginner I do get alot of inspiration on here.

I do hope you two sisters get back on track. Life IS too short to spat over things that are not really important in the grand scheme of things. Have a great day everyone![/QUOTE]

auntiemern
October 23rd, 2012, 03:06 PM
I do not consider there being an 'In' group or clique. Some of us are just more chatty than others. While some of us do know each other a little better than others, it is only because we talk on here all the time. We share our ups and downs, stories about family, and yes if there is a need we pray for each other. Those that feel 'left out' just need to jump head first in to the middle of our convos. Share part of your life with us, ask for prayers or encouragement if you need it. I am not an 'original'. I have only been part of this amazing group since April. Sometimes you have to make the first move to make friendships. I was brand new on here when I told about my grand son, and said I was making quilts for our hospital NICU. I didn't ask for help, but got plenty[, along with love from total strangers. Just saying, jump in, and before long you too will get to know some of the 'regulars' not the 'in crowd'.QUOTE=Lindagie;183666]There does seem to be an "in crowd" of sorts; maybe they were the originals on the forum or something, as they seem to know alot about each other and respond to each other's posts. I tried jumping in to a few conversations to no avail, so now I just peruse the site and get the information I need when possible. Sometimes people answer your questions, sometimes not so much. No biggie either way. I just like to look at the albums and see what other people are doing. As a beginner I do get alot of inspiration on here.

I do hope you two sisters get back on track. Life IS too short to spat over things that are not really important in the grand scheme of things. Have a great day everyone![/QUOTE]

HandsOffItsMine
October 23rd, 2012, 03:42 PM
There does seem to be an "in crowd" of sorts; maybe they were the originals on the forum or something, as they seem to know alot about each other and respond to each other's posts. I tried jumping in to a few conversations to no avail, so now I just peruse the site and get the information I need when possible. Sometimes people answer your questions, sometimes not so much. No biggie either way. I just like to look at the albums and see what other people are doing. As a beginner I do get alot of inspiration on here.

I do hope you two sisters get back on track. Life IS too short to spat over things that are not really important in the grand scheme of things. Have a great day everyone!

Aloha Linda, I've only been here just over a year. Over time it turns out that some have been dealt a similar hand in life as my husband and I in the last four years. Others create quilts for a cause dear to their hearts, that's tends to make one reach out to one another and get to know one another beyond the public postings.

If you post a question and you don't get an response...Post it again with a big "HELP - I'm stuck" in the Headline to get someone's attention.

I'm not a traditonal quilter. lol I like Modern quilts and when I read the instructions if I can use seamstress or any other method in my brain to make it easier on myself to get a good result - I use it. For example, I will not disclose how I measure and put on my sashing and outer borders. It's totally against any Quilting Police or Professional Quilting Teacher's instructions I've ever read but it works for me without waves. Go figure!

Needless to say...I would not be one to offer advise on those type of questions. lol

Jump in, offer something of yourself so folks get to know you. :) Hope to read more of you.

Huggers, Ruby

shannonsaulter
October 23rd, 2012, 03:56 PM
Im new and at times not sure if my posts get looked at..but they do..real good advise and suggestions here..I would hate to see anyone leave over a misunderstanding

MayinJerset
October 23rd, 2012, 05:20 PM
Hey, I'm fairly new around here and always feel welcome. Sometimes what I say is commented upon and more times than not it isn't, but that's just how it is on message boards because we're not all sitting in the same room talking to each other - this is cyber space.

Have to admit I may be an offender about the aches & pains bit. I'm close to 77 yrs old and still get thrown by the sudden drops in my mobility and energy that gives me the aches and pains. Feel if I "talk" about them here instead of saying it out loud I won't bore myself.

Keeping on a up note -:icon_woot: Nothing hurts today :icon_woohoo:- YEAH!

HandsOffItsMine
October 23rd, 2012, 05:29 PM
Have to admit I may be an offender about the aches & pains bit. I'm close to 77 yrs old and still get thrown by the sudden drops in my mobility and energy that gives me the aches and pains. Feel if I "talk" about them here instead of saying it out loud I won't bore myself.

Keeping on a up note -:icon_woot: Nothing hurts today :icon_woohoo:- YEAH!

May! You can talk all you want about your A&Ps!!! :) That's what's great about this MSQC Forum vs other Quilting Forums, we care about each other! The good, the bad, the ugly. lol

And a big WHOOP! Nothing is hurting May today!!! (((May)))

Huggers, Ruby

New York Sue
October 23rd, 2012, 09:01 PM
I was the oldest of 5, and I fought with my brothers a lot. My sister was 9 years younger than me, so I didn't fight so much with her. As life and fate will have it, the brother who I fought with the most will probably be my staunchest supporter, and I of him in our dotage! And we're getting pretty close to our dotage right now! Both single, he with no other family. 2 of our siblings are gone. So, while your siblings can press your buttons, for sure, they are important, and a little cooling off sometimes is just what you need to do.

A little story, it is sad. Our family went on a family vacation in June 2002. We all went to Hawaii for my daughter's wedding and to celebrate our youngest sister's 50th birthday. Our brother who is the middle child, managed to tick everyone in the family off in one way or another. When we left the island, we didn't call or write for a couple of months, and in August of that year, the police called from his home town and said they found he had died in the house. Nobody there, no body knew why. We had lost him and our opportunity to be a family. While we were in Hawaii, we had a family portrait taken. He was the one who bitched and moaned the most about having to have his picture taken. Little did we know that that picture would be the last picture we would have of him.

It has been 10 years, and I'm crying as I write this. We need to stay close to our family members, no matter how much they may press our buttons. No one knows when the next time will be when you will see them.

Rhonda and Marilyn, I feel like you are sisters to me. I hope that we don't lose touch with either of you, because this forum is like family to a lot of people. Maybe it has gone too much away from its original purpose, to share our love of quilting. But I cherish hearing from each and every member, and when some wander away, or decide to leave, it is a loss for us all.

Sad story, but worthy all the same, Jean. Life is too short...While clearing my parents estate, I could have easily lost both my sisters over squabbles. I had to let it go. Property and assets come and go, over a lifetime.
Family and good friends are all you ever have in the end. Nothing can be worth the loss of your siblings in your life, especially if it's over pettiness. I hope you ladies can find a way to work it out, sooner rather than later...

I regret the 'aches and pains' and 'prayer forum' remark, and I apologize to any if I offended. Especially May in Jerset, 77 years old, and connected to an on-line forum! God bless you!
My Mom always said, 'if you don't have anthing nice to say, don't say anything at all'... Words to live by, really. Sorry my sour mood caused a ruckus.

toggpine
October 23rd, 2012, 09:16 PM
Interesting.
The reason they created this section of the forum (Non-Quilting chit-chat) is because we asked for a place to talk about non-quilting stuff. It gives us a place to get to know each other a little better.
If folks would pay a bit more attention to which section they post in, that might help. You know, I can skip a post if I don't want to read it. There are so many other things in this world that are worse than that.
I'm sorry that it sounds like a family spat was aired out in the forum. Stuff happens. "Don't get your boots dirty in somebody else's stuff if you can avoid it" is my policy.
For new folks, lurkers, toe dippers, etc. Some of us chat & share more than others. Join in. Tell us about your day, etc., or just check in and let us know you are out there. The more you hang around the better we'll get to know each other. Somedays I just don't have the umph to "socialize" even here, but I'll stop in and see what everybody is up to.
Rhonda, I certainly hope that what ever is amiss gets worked out. We love to have as much creative input here as possible, so someone leaving is sad.
I hope it all works out, kind of like a crazy quilt.

Donna F
October 23rd, 2012, 09:45 PM
May, you can Exchange aches and pains with me. Right now I have plenty. Message me anytime!

CrazyMtnLady
October 23rd, 2012, 10:45 PM
Lindagie I am sorry you feel that way... Kick me in the butt, if I have not responded to your posts. I try everyday to look over the threads and make sure everyone has had a response to their thread. If it is a question I can't answer I atleast try to let them know that. I am not on here all day everyday but I pop in as much as possible...
I am just one of the CRAZY ones ...not an innie or an outie... wait...let me look at my belly button... that's an innie ... full of lint .. what does that mean?
Anyway.. we are one big happy family and I am glad you are all here.

Tanya D
October 23rd, 2012, 11:35 PM
I hope you two sisters can work things out.

auntiemern
October 23rd, 2012, 11:53 PM
It's all good. We never stay mad long.

MayinJerset
October 24th, 2012, 02:44 AM
New York Sue said, "I regret the 'aches and pains' and 'prayer forum' remark, and I apologize to any if I offended. Especially May in Jerset, 77 years old, and connected to an on-line forum! God bless you! :"

No problem Sue - Have to say I'm not all that With It because I didn't know for quite some time when I joined MSQS Forums that I misspelled Jersey in my forum name. LOL! May in Jersey

MayinJerset
October 24th, 2012, 02:47 AM
May, you can Exchange aches and pains with me. Right now I have plenty. Message me anytime!

Thanks Donna, You may be sorry you said that after I send you message after message, Just kidding, May