PDA

View Full Version : Monday and the start of a new week.

Monique
October 22nd, 2012, 07:35 AM

Good morning friends. My goodness the weekend just flew by. I had an absolutely wonderful weekend with the children, grandchildren and even a dog. Dog is BIG and a little intimidating at times. She was a good dog. I did baracade myself in the kitchen a couple of times. It has been a long time since we were all together and I loved it. Saturday was busy with preparations for the big Turkey dinner, but a wonderful meal was served. My brother, and another SIL and her daughter came. Lots of laughs. As I hugged my DIL#1, it felt so good to know that it will not be another year before we see them again. And no kodak moment either. Granddaughter is just so......what is the word I am looking for? Precious. Funny. Amazing. When you tell her she is crazy, she replies "I not cwazy, I Maizyn". What more can I say. They all got to take some food home with them.

This morning I will go shopping for food and perhaps a few Xmas gifts.

Have a wonderful day everyone. Prayers going out to those in need.

Bubby
October 22nd, 2012, 07:40 AM
Good Morning,

We spent the afternoon with friends at their new home. It was wonderful seeing them so happy. One of their dogs jumped into our truck and was determined he was going home with us. It almost turned nasty when they tried to haul him off my lap. He's a spoiled chihuahua. My friend Tina is Embroidery Queen of Queens, so we swapped tips and websites with bargains.

It's back to the grind today and back to the old house to begin painting the dining room. Molly will go with me and explore her old house again.

Prayers and hugs for everyone hurting and ill....Hugs, Barb

buckeyequilter
October 22nd, 2012, 08:29 AM
Good morning,

Back to work...lot's to do today. I think we have an Indian summer coming this week. Saturday is trick-or-treat so I hope it holds through then.

I was hoping to be finished with the quilting on my brother's quilt last night but was almost finished and forgot to put the presser foot down on a row. So started taking that mess out....it's not too bad because it was near the end...just unpinned it and am taking it out...then will repin and finish the quilt.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day...prayers and hugs for all.

Jean Sewing Machine
October 22nd, 2012, 08:58 AM
Monique, your picture says it all for the way I feel today! Yesterday, I did my costume fittings, which started with a marathon sewing session from 8-2, then loading the car, dragging it all to the theatre, sorting it, and then one by one trying on the costumes, marking the hemlines, and I have a huge pile of hems to sew today, plus a few things yet to buiild! I left the theatre at 8:30, barely able to drag my body to the car. And today, I get to do it all over again! But, I got an angel of a helper, she kept me cool, was very helpful in suggesting ways to put garments from 4 different collections togther to make complete outfits. I love her! I had an angel like that for the last big show I did, that angel kept me from totally going over the edge with frustration, exhaustion and total confusion. This angel did the same for me yesterday. She asked me when we got there what she could do for me, and I said, "You can buy me a ticket to Tahiti, leaving tonight, and you can drive me to the airport!" Unfortunately, even though she is the treasurer of the group, she couldn't go for that one!

Jean Sewing Machine
October 22nd, 2012, 09:02 AM
Good morning,

Back to work...lot's to do today. I think we have an Indian summer coming this week. Saturday is trick-or-treat so I hope it holds through then.

I was hoping to be finished with the quilting on my brother's quilt last night but was almost finished and forgot to put the presser foot down on a row. So started taking that mess out....it's not too bad because it was near the end...just unpinned it and am taking it out...then will repin and finish the quilt.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day...prayers and hugs for all.Hate it when that happens! I did that on my first quilt on the longarm, and believe me, I don't forget to do it now! All you have to do is rip out a whole row of quilting, and that will cure you!

aliaslaceygreen
October 22nd, 2012, 09:22 AM
Monday AND Tuesday-- My weekend! (and last days off till we leave for Houston!)
Had a lovely weekend -ish ( I worked Sunday) ....Layla is just a delight...too much fun...30377 Timmy is totally wrapped around her finger! (here enjoying the music at the Celtic Highland Games)

Seems I cracked one of my toe joints Friday night getting her up off the floor when we were drumming.:(... the fact that I just had a steriod shot and am already on an anti-inflammatory is why I can walk, I believe...WHOOPS...

Big and small plans, lots of stuff to shove into two days off, including packing stuff, but the weather is supposed to be mid 70's, so I might wander about outside instead!

Jess1377
October 22nd, 2012, 09:38 AM
Yup, that picture describes me today too. I thought today was back to school after fall break here but nope, one last day off! My son is of course thrilled, I am just not amused as I wake up at 6am just so I can have my coffee wake up time. Its kinda funny of course. Last time I did something similar to this was when he was in Kindergarten. I got him to school a bit late on a Thursday but didnt realize there was no school on Friday the next day but realized it when we were the only ones there that day, but at least we would have been on time! ;) Well, I gotta figure out what to do today now, as plans have changed a wee bit!

*Jean, I am glad you had a good helper! You needed it :)

Sandy Navas
October 22nd, 2012, 09:44 AM
Well, Trish, I should be wandering outside because we have had a couple 'near-perfect' days here lately and today is also shaping up like one.

I got a call from one of the granddaughters yesterday as I was working on dinner. "Nana, please come over and see our swing show." So, put things on hold and off we go. I told Al that one of these days they will be too big to want to share anything they are doing. It took them over half an hour just to decide which swing each was going to be in, and then they scared Nana by doing flips out of swings, swinging high while standing up with no hands . . . I could just envision scraped knees, bruises, bumps on the head! They had Agnes in the 'baby' swing and when we got ready to leave she threw an absolute tantrum because they tried to get her out of the swing. Daddy stayed behind to keep pushing her. I wonder if he's still there?

More sewing today. I gave in and made a trip to JoAnns yesterday to pick up more fabric for the girls' Halloween bags - I decided the time and frustration with the ones I had started wasn't worth the expense and stress. New plan in place! Also one more (I hope that's the last) apron to make.

May you all have a wonderful week, filled with nothing but wonderful things. Special prayers for all our friends in need - bumped up Emily again (thanks for the update, Jan - she's had enough of hospitals, I'm certain). There are so many who need blessings right now.

RiverMomm
October 22nd, 2012, 09:57 AM
Big Turkey dinner? Are you celebrating Thanksgiving between the US and Canadian Thanksgivings? LOL! I missed the Canadian Thanksgiving because of my trip to the States so I will have to turkey up my hubby for the US Thanksgiving. Yep, we celebrate both-guess Canadian hubby lived too long in the States or he just likes turkey.

Baby Lucas is home with the proud new parents. I am trying to be good and not pick up the phone and order plane tickets RIGHT now! The budget just isn't there for a trip right now, so we will wait until Christmas. I feel like a kid, counting down the days until Santa comes. But, at least I will have time to make some cute quilts, etc before we go. If only I could get myself out of my mild sewing funk and start sewing. I walk into my sewing room, pat some fabric and then walk out. Today, I will do more than just pat it! (maybe pick it up??)

Hope everyone has a wonderful fall day. Prayers to all in need . . . and even those who aren't in need. :) I am in a prayerful thankful mood.

pcbatiks
October 22nd, 2012, 10:03 AM
Good morning.........Yesterday I worked on cutting blocks for a baby quilt for a nephew's new baby. Also sneezed all day.....didn't get to fabric store yesterday because of the itchy drippy nose. So today I'm going to help sort books, then get rotary blades from fabric store and by a few groceries. I have a great idea for a business opportunity for people who love to cook. They could be matched up with quilters who would rather sew..........and several days a week they show up at your house.....plan and cook the meal......while you focus on your quilting project! What do you think?? Continued prayers for forum friends who need them. :)

buckeyequilter
October 22nd, 2012, 10:45 AM
Hate it when that happens! I did that on my first quilt on the longarm, and believe me, I don't forget to do it now! All you have to do is rip out a whole row of quilting, and that will cure you!

It was about 3/4 of the row before the thread broke. I told DH that I am going to put a sign on the end of my machine to remind me to lower that presser foot (then I will just need to remember to look at the sign).

CrazyMtnLady
October 22nd, 2012, 11:36 AM
WOOHOO! I am back to getting my "Quilties" fix! I hate it when DH has a gun show and takes the computer for the weekend, BUT glad he had it. A guy came in with a old Russian gun to sell and the guy wanted $350. for it. DH researched it and bought it.... It is worth between $750 and $1200! :) :) :) And he bought a beautiful Madagascar Steel knife for $150 that is worth about the same as the gun!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He had a really GOOD weekend. He even was watching the Home Shopping Network on Friday night and bought us a brand new camera and boy do we need one. He said it has a lot of neat features and software. I am looking forward to getting it so I can take some nice pictures. I love taking pictures.

I got the binding about done on another baby quilt...Large 9 patch. Will post pictures when it's finished.
I spent a few hours down at the neighbor's Saturday playing Jacks and Pick-up-Sticks with her Granddaughter Miss Bailey. It was a lot of fun. It was a much needed relaxing weekend.

Well need to get caught up on the weekend's posts. Have a great day..

Hugs and prayers to all.

MayinJerset
October 22nd, 2012, 12:56 PM
Thought I'd pop in here before the morning is over, just 3 mintues to spare! Got distracted with laundry and sewing earlier. Will have to wait until later today to take advantage of today's Deal of the Day of Free Shipping as I have to get to the store ASAP. Need to pick up hair coloring and do my hair as I'm meeting an old freind for lunch on Wednesday and can't go with grey roots showing. May in Jersey

toggpine
October 22nd, 2012, 01:14 PM
I was bad.
I took advantage of the daily deal and bought the Wacky Web template & papers. I have plenty of glue sticks that will do the job, so I saved myself a few $ there. At least I didn't buy any more fabric!
I spent a late night at the sewing machine. It seems that this time of year is good for that, well, and the cup of coffee I had at 8 PM probably didn't help much either! :icon_doh:
I made some good progress on this project. I hope to have it mostly done by this evening since I have a red dinosaur costume to whip out before Halloween! I could use some of Jean's Seamstress Pixie Dust around here!
Off to help at the school for an hour, pop home to meet Em @ the bus, so we can run to the library before we head back to the school for parent/teacher conferences! then the afternoon is mine for sewing!
What to throw in the crock pot for supper???
You all have a fabulous day! Hugs & prayers all around!
Cathy

shannonsaulter
October 22nd, 2012, 02:06 PM
Good Morning to all!!! its my Friday so thats a good thing...I worked all weekend but was able to sit for most of it...thats a rare treat in my line of work...Going to the quilt shop tomorrow to find a 6 1/2" square ruler so I can try the irish chain...Can't wait for the nephew to move so my crafty space can come to life...the morning here is cool and crisp and I love it...Have a great day to All!!!

Blondie
October 22nd, 2012, 05:33 PM
Hey folksies
Really out of touch here - the cousins will be leaving tomorrow. I sure have been having a ball with them.

That's about all I know at this time. I am tired in a good way from good fellowship, lots of food and I am exhausted from laughing and talking so much. hehe.

Be back soon.

mamaquilt
October 22nd, 2012, 06:01 PM
Hey folksies
Really out of touch here - the cousins will be leaving tomorrow. I sure have been having a ball with them.

That's about all I know at this time. I am tired in a good way from good fellowship, lots of food and I am exhausted from laughing and talking so much. hehe.

Be back soon.

Thanks for the up date! I'm not here that much either, but I was already missing you.

Hugs Michèle

Laura108
October 22nd, 2012, 11:50 PM
Peek a Boo! Not sure if anyone remembers me ...I thought I'd pop on and say hi and check in its been forever. I miss you girls and miss quilting. Blondie I saw your name and had to smile I am so glad to see your still here :) I just placed 2 orders with MSQC and hauling out the machines again..will stop back on when I can ....Hugs :)