PDA

View Full Version : Hospital quilts for babies

RiverMomm
October 22nd, 2012, 01:03 AM
Hi everyone,

I know a lot of you make quilts to donate to hospitals for newborn babies. Well, I thought you might want to see a happy dad looking over his newborn baby that is cuddled in a wonderful donated quilt. Lucas was born more than 7 weeks early but is doing great. Today he got to go home! And the quilt came with him!

Thanks for the donations to all the hospitals. Thomas and Candice were tickled pink to receive their son's first quilt.

HandsOffItsMine
October 22nd, 2012, 01:11 AM
Vicky that is a great photo of a NICU. I saved it to a folder as I'm making spot on my site with the various causes that we're working with...Marilyn's being one of them. NICUs and PICUs are such important places where children need that extra comfort of a quilt/blankie.

TY for sharing. :)

janluna
October 22nd, 2012, 01:11 AM
Aww! so glad he's going home. Did they send him home with a monitor? So glad he is doing so well. Prayers are being said for Lucas. Ruby, you are such a special person! Hugs, Jan L.:)

auntiemern
October 22nd, 2012, 02:06 AM
This post makes my heart sing. This is the reason I do what I do. Will keep little Lucas in my prayers.

shannonsaulter
October 22nd, 2012, 04:17 AM
That is a precious pic..

Winniesfriend
October 22nd, 2012, 07:07 AM
What a beautiful picture, Continues prayers for Lucas.

Monique
October 22nd, 2012, 07:16 AM
That is beautiful and glad that Lucas has gone home. I see lots of kisses & cuddles in the very near future.

Patrice
October 22nd, 2012, 07:22 AM
how sweet. so glad he got to come home

RiverMomm
October 22nd, 2012, 10:03 AM
I really should make some quilts for hospitals. What size do you think? This quilt looks like the perfect size for NICU. I will have to ask DS to measure it for me. But I suppose he is a tad too busy to do that for a while. The new parents are so happy now that Lucas is home.

pcbatiks
October 22nd, 2012, 10:07 AM
Vicky, What a great picture! I know you all are thrilled that Lucas got to go home. Congratulations and prayers for Lucas and family!

Jess1377
October 22nd, 2012, 10:07 AM
That is such a sweet picture! Just love it!!

lilmouse
October 22nd, 2012, 12:44 PM
Love that picture.....when my GS was in PICU...had surgery hours after birth...he received a quilt; so once he came home I made a quilt and gave it to the PICU to pass on to another baby!

MayinJerset
October 22nd, 2012, 12:44 PM
Welcome to Lucas who is healthy and happy snuggled in his quilt.

My DGD Christine is a NICU RN and she loves the idea of having a little quilt for the babies May in Jersey

CrazyMtnLady
October 22nd, 2012, 11:21 PM
That was a really nice picture. It's great to see someone enjoy the donated quilts.

Crumberly
October 22nd, 2012, 11:59 PM
What a sweet photo and such a touching story.

auntiemern
October 23rd, 2012, 07:47 AM
NICU quilts are generally 30x30. Most of mine are for the PICU, which serves children of all ages. That would be awesome for you to make some up. It really does make you feel good.
I really should make some quilts for hospitals. What size do you think? This quilt looks like the perfect size for NICU. I will have to ask DS to measure it for me. But I suppose he is a tad too busy to do that for a while. The new parents are so happy now that Lucas is home.