PDA

View Full Version : ~ Tuesday Morning ~

Blondie
October 5th, 2010, 08:37 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v693/BSpence/sigs/1gm.jpg

Good Morning and Happy Tuesday, ladies

I reckon our Laura finally got some good sleep. I've been up for awhile, cleaning up dishes from last night. Some evenings I just can't face the sink. Thank goodness my dear hubs doesn't mind the occasional dirty sink in the a.m. - I assured him I wouldn't make a habit of it; after all, he can wash pots and pans as well as I do, hehehe

Today I plan on trying to finish up the hand quilting on my dear Daddy's lap quilt and perhaps get the binding on. I always get antsy about half way through the hand sewing and want it DONE. I may walk down to the folks and sew on it there. Daddy is almost as antsy as I am. He kept reminding me last evening that it was getting right chilly, he sure could use another "kiver".

What do you have planned today?

NM Lady
October 5th, 2010, 09:48 AM
Good morning Blondie!

Love to get on here each morning to see what everyone is doing.

It is so wonderful that you are making your Dad a lap quilt and it sounds like he really appreciates it too.

Today is another work day, but tonight is my "do what you want" night, so I'll be sewing some more on Christmas Star Blocks.

Everyone, have a blessed day and as my daughter says "be sure to dance in the rain".

janluna
October 5th, 2010, 09:49 AM
Morning Blondie, Morning everyone who follows. I plan on mopping floors and cleaning bird cages. Hopefully having enough back to sew with later. Blondie, I love the giraffes on your graphic. My dad had a thing for giraffes and when I had a surgery one time, as I was coming to in my room, a giant giraffe walked across the room. Behind it was my dad. He bought me a 3foot stuffed giraffe. I thought, That was some weird stuff they knocked me out with! Nope, only Daddy being worried about his "baby daughter". He was so sweet.
Gina, have a safe trip. Laura, how are you today? Rest Laura, rest. You did too much yesterday. And let me know what the doc has to say today. I'll be waiting to hear from you. Love to all, Jan :icon_wave:

patticakes
October 5th, 2010, 11:00 AM
Morning all!
Yes, Blondie - you are right! "here" has become a habit! Love the giraffe greeting me!
Cute story Jan! Nothing like the feeling of knowing you are Daddy's girl!
NM Lady - How far along are you on your blocks? Aren't they fun? I felt kinda sad when they were all done. I still have to sign them.

I just popped on here as I take a break at work. VERY stressful a.m. so far and I needed to calm down.
Last night I got the binding all pieced and pinned for my latest quilt that I am working on. Tonight I am going to sew it on and pin it over and then have it available to hand sew when I am not working on my sewing machine. It is a Christmas gift so no hurry to get it done. The hand sewing of the binding is my favorite part and I like to have a hand sewing project when I am curled up on the couch watching tv with the BF.

Well back to the problems and chaos!
Patti

patticakes
October 5th, 2010, 11:17 AM
OMG - had to get back on here after reading Jan's car episode from Monday's chat! I am so thankful you are safe and I only can hope that my only crazy, wild speeding uncontrollably experience will be with my sewing machine foot pedal! I can't imagine the other.....makes me shake to think of it!!

janluna
October 5th, 2010, 11:24 AM
It sure wasn't one of my fondest moments

janluna
October 5th, 2010, 12:45 PM
Has anyone heard from Laura? I'm getting concerned. :icon_scared:

toggpine
October 5th, 2010, 01:03 PM
Good Morning ladies!
This has indeed become a habit! At least it isn't illegal, immoral, or fattening! Well, unless I spend too much time in the "recipes" section! I missed keeping up with you the last few days while the computer was unplugged and napping in the living room.
I had a busy weekend. Hubby was on his annual "guys only camping trip" so I took the opportunity to empty out the sewing space and paint it. Wow, I think I have bent some laws of physics. I have no idea how I managed to get so much stuff crammed in here. It took me a day to unload the room, and two so far to put things away. I have at least one more day of sorting through the "office stuff" and putting papers into a workable system. Hopefully that will keep this little space under control. Apparently, organization was not on our list of things to do when we first moved in 5 years ago, and I am just now getting to it in here.
My little sewing room/office is off of the living room and it has 5 walls. The walls would be 8 feet long on all sides if the room was square, but they nipped off the corner that opens in to the living room/entry hall, so those two are only 5 feet long. The wall that opens in an arch to the rest of the house is about 4 feet wide. If you looked at it from above, it looks like the beginning of a snowball block. I have a big window that looks out on the front yard & driveway. We have cathedral style ceilings, so it angles from 8 feet at the window wall up to 10 at the opposite one. I did get everything painted with the help of my sister. We did not get the counter top cut and installed. (I found a couple of sections of pre-formed formica at Home Depot for 75% off.) Once the new wireless router arrives, I am going to move the computer into the corner of our bedroom with the rest of the office stuff. This will give me more counter space for my machines and a place where my daughter can sit and color or play while I sew. Someday she will have her own little machine to work on. I did get the new lights installed that I bought from IKEA three years ago. I can actually see in here at night now!

Speaking of machines, Patti, did you check to see if the cord to your foot pedal, or something else, might be helping it stay stuck in the "fast" position. I had a cord to a light that was causing problems with my serger pedal not wanting to release all the way to the stop position. Good luck on that.
Blondie, wishing you good luck and a speedy needle on getting the lap quilt done. Jan, have fun with the house cleaning, don't wear yourself out. It will still be there tomorrow, and you can finish it then.
I'm off to do morning chores at the neighbor's dairy and then back to sorting & filing! Whoo hoo! I made me promise, no sewing until that is done and I have the dining table back to naked. Ugh!
You ladies have a great day!
Cathy

Lola2Ace
October 5th, 2010, 01:15 PM
I totally missed Sunday and yesterday on here. I sure hope the car thing never ever happens again! Laura glad to hear you are doing somewhat better, just make sure not to overdo when you are. Hillbilly, hope the little one gets back to sleeping well soon. I know what you mean about a little one's explorations! Today is my Grannynanny day with Ace, who is 14 months old today, and what a busy bee he is! Oh, but how much fun we have together! Tuesdays are THE best day of the week for me!
I got some stitching on star blocks done on Sunday, and some bigger bibs for Ace cut out and embroidered on, now to get them finished off. I sure do love this section of the forum and look forward to keeping up with everybody.
Lola

Blondie
October 5th, 2010, 01:52 PM
Hi everyone
just back in from a walk down to the folks - a few acres downhill and then a few up hill back. That's a work out! While I was there I got to chat with an aunt in Georgia who will be passing through next week on the way to DC to visit with her middle son. Nice chat - although my Dad gets jealous of anything cutting into his time. hehehe. Totally guy thing; can't understand what women folks can think to spend so much time talking about.

Hopefully our Laura will breeze in after her doc's appt.

Cathy, you are soooo cute. Seeing quilt pattern designs in the cut of the arch. Of course, I think we all do that when looking at tiles in buildings, design in carpet, etc. At least I do.

Off to grab a bite of lunch.

hillbilly
October 5th, 2010, 03:09 PM
Hello ladies! The little guy slept nicely last night.

Jan...if you haven't heard from Laura that IS a concern. Did she have an appt. today?
And, please go buy a new springy thing!!

My husband got a paycheck...BBQ ribs and steamed veggies for dinner!!

Since the tutorial is done, and I still don't have white fabric, I am going to attempt to design my medallion quilt today. I'd like to have it done by the 15th. DREAM ON!

janluna
October 5th, 2010, 05:06 PM
OK I finally heard from Laura. She had a reaction to one of the meds they gave her. She has the shakes and a bad headache. She said to tell you that. She's resting. :icon_wave:
She said hi to everyone. Ok I feel better knowing what happened to her. At least she's going to be ok. She just needs to rest.

newbiequilter
October 5th, 2010, 07:03 PM
... Seeing quilt pattern designs in the cut of the arch. Of course, I think we all do that when looking at tiles in buildings, design in carpet, etc.

Blondie, a few weeks ago in aerobics class we were bent over so facing the floor, and I commented to the woman next to me who also quilts, that someone had not lined up the seams on his floor tiles. We got a giggle from that.

This morning I joined the little squares to make the binding for my 4th of July table runner (are there any other patriotic holidays coming soon?) and am rereading how to do the corners and the ends. Wish me luck!

patticakes
October 5th, 2010, 08:40 PM
Jan - thanks for the update on Laura! I was worried when I read your earlier post.
Togpine - your sewing room sounds so nice! make sure to post some pics for us when you get it done. you've inspired me to work on some bookcases that I have at the top of our stairs to clean them off and pack my cookbook collection up and purge the other things and set up all my fabric and supplies on the shelves.
Hillbilly - Glad your little guy got some sleep, which means you probably did too! Payday is my favorite day!! BBQ ribs sounds so good!
Speaking of food - I better to get started on our late dinner. BF had to run and look at a plumbing job and just finished sewing the binding on the quilt. Now what to have for dinner.....????
See ya later!

Blondie
October 5th, 2010, 09:13 PM
Blondie, a few weeks ago in aerobics class we were bent over so facing the floor, and I commented to the woman next to me who also quilts, that someone had not lined up the seams on his floor tiles. We got a giggle from that.

This morning I joined the little squares to make the binding for my 4th of July table runner (are there any other patriotic holidays coming soon?) and am rereading how to do the corners and the ends. Wish me luck!

Can't wait to see what you've come up with. Why not have a red, white and blue Christmas? We put up a few trees of various sizes and always have a patriotic tree. LOL. I've even made cloth and clay Santa's dressed in RWB

So glad to see you jumping in!

Jan, glad that Laura will be okay. I was a bit concerned, but remembered she mentioned a dr's appt today. Meds are worrisome when reactions are concerned. yikes.

Everyone, have a great evening. I'll be back in the morning with my first cuppa.

janluna
October 5th, 2010, 09:30 PM
Ok Blondie, thanks for starting the thread. Laura was all concerned that we didn't do it . I told her you started it today. That made her feel better. I worry about her a lot she has been through so much in a short period of time. And now her health is giving her trouble.
She is too good of a person to suffer so. Say a prayer for her would you. Thanks