PDA

View Full Version : Up Date on my Dear Wayne.

Lonna
October 20th, 2012, 06:39 PM
Sorry I have not givin an update on Wayne in awhile. Thanks for asking about him Sandy. I guess he is doing as well as can be expected. He got the results from his latest CT scan yesterday and it is not looking good. The chemo does not seem to be doing any good. The tumor just keeps on growning. He stays in pain most of the time, has trouble sleeping, and a horrible cough. I just wish there was something I could do to help him get a good nights sleep. Yesterday and today he has been very depressed and cranky. It is one of those days that it seems I can do nothing right for him. But I just smile the best I can and carry on and over look it all as I know it is the cancer talking and not my Wayne. Dr. Lo at Mary Bird Cancer center is talking of doing a few radiation treatments to see if it will help with his cough some. Well he has gone to lay down awhile and once again try to get a little sleep so I guess I will take Max and Skully outside and let them get a little sunshine and fresh air. Maybe then Max will settle down a little bit. He gets so antsy when Wayne is out of his sight. Thank you all for your prayers and warm wishes.

Winniesfriend
October 20th, 2012, 06:45 PM
Thank you for the update, I am sorry to hear that it is not going well for Wayne and for you, It is very wearing on you as his carer when he is not well, I hope you have some help to, continued hugs and prayers for you and your family.

Bubby
October 20th, 2012, 07:09 PM
Thank you for the update. I know how difficult this is for both of you. My prayers and best wishes are with you and Wayne every day. (((Hugs)))....Barb

Sandy Navas
October 20th, 2012, 07:11 PM
Thanks, Lonna. You are such a wonderful person - you are always so chipper and upbeat with we all realize how difficult it must be dealing with a CA patient. Continued prayers all the way around!!

Musical_Starling
October 20th, 2012, 07:16 PM
Lonna, I'm so sorry to hear that. Cancer is a terrible beast, and it never treats any two people the same. I will be praying for both you and Wayne. I hope his pain and his cough subside so he can at least rest and feel comfortable, that would probably help you as well :)

HandsOffItsMine
October 20th, 2012, 07:21 PM
Dear Lonna, it's hard to hear that there hasn't been any improvement on shrinking the tumor. Both of you are in our prayers and always an extra hug for you to give you strength to care for Wayne. Know it's hard to be the breadwinner working six days a week and take care of Wayne plus the parents/family as well.

Please do take care of yourself as well. :) A stroll with the pups and a sitting in the sun would be good for you too.

Huggers, Ruby and Don

Cathy F
October 20th, 2012, 07:25 PM
Lonna, I'm sorry to hear about your husband. Being the caretaker is a hard job but one done out of love. Hugs to you both.

Divine Daisy
October 20th, 2012, 08:35 PM
slips my hand into yours and gives it a gentle squeeze. I am thinking of you and hope you will call if there is anything I can do. Raises my glass to you............heres looking at you kid

MRoy
October 20th, 2012, 08:38 PM
Lonna, Wayne and you are in my prayers. (((HUGS)))

Donna F
October 20th, 2012, 10:16 PM
Limbs, I'm praying for both of you. I hope he will be back to his old self soon.

bopeep
October 20th, 2012, 10:24 PM
Thanks for the update.....
We will keep you and your husband in our PRAYERS.......
bopeep

BellasQuilts
October 20th, 2012, 10:47 PM
Praying for you both very hard right now. Praying for rest and a peaceful night's sleep. Hugs, Megan

Jean Sewing Machine
October 20th, 2012, 11:42 PM
Lonna, I often think about you and wonder how Wayne is doing. I know you had a not very promising prognosis from the get-go, and you are wise to realize that when he feels that bad, it's not him that's cranky, it's the disease that is making him like that. Pain will do that to a person. May God be with you both, and be merciful--hopefully some treatment will let him get a little bit of rest. I'm sure you can't do much resting either. I feel very sad for you both, and say prayers for you every day. I know I slept in the chair next to my husband's bed for many weeks while he was battling cancer, you need to be nearby in case they need you and can't get your attention if you are somewhere else in the house.

lilmouse
October 21st, 2012, 01:21 AM
Lonna, I am so sorry to hear this....will keep you both in prayer...sending hugs your way!

Jess1377
October 21st, 2012, 01:29 AM
Sending up prayers for you both right now!

auntiemern
October 21st, 2012, 01:34 AM
So sorry to hear that the news on Wayne is not good. But on the bright side, you have all manner of peeps praying for both of you. Speaking from experience, prayer is a mighty powerful too. Hugs and blessings to you both.

MayinJerset
October 21st, 2012, 02:16 AM
Hope the new treatments bring some relief, May in Jersey

carolv
October 21st, 2012, 09:03 AM
Prayer's and hug's for you both.

Lonna
October 21st, 2012, 10:53 AM
Thank you all, your kind words are like a nice warm hug. Jean I am lucky enough that we were able to get rid of our king size bed and there is now a hospital bed and a full size bed in our bedroom. Yes the bedroom is almost all bed but it services the purpose. Wayne has the two beds as close together as he can get them. That way at night when we go to bed he can reach over and hold my hand until he is ready to fall asleep. This is the hardest thing that I can think off that I have ever had to go through but I know that the Good Lord does not give one anymore then they can handle, so handle this I will. I am very luck also to have our good friend Sue living with us to help out and my parents are right next door along with my brother. And too be honest I have more problems with his mother then anyone else. Every time she calls me I just cringe when I see her number on my phone. All she ever does is call me to cry and tell me "I just don't know how I will live if Wayne dies before I do. I don't have anyone else." This woman lives with her youngest daughter and her family. Ramona has either lived with her Mother or the other way around ever since Wayne and I have been married. She may have been over here to see him three or four times this past year. Oh well enough of this venting over his mother. Sorry got way off track here. Anyway once again Thank you all for your kindness, sweet words, and prayers. Have a great Sunday all.

pcbatiks
October 21st, 2012, 02:07 PM
Lonna, Still praying for you and Wayne.......for strength, peace and comfort. Anytime you need to vent here.......just go ahead......sometimes it can help relieve the stress! Thinking of you often.

Monique
October 21st, 2012, 02:58 PM
Lonna, you are one tough cookie. Sorry to hear this about your husband. Prayers going your way. MIL from **ell*? Just don't answer the phone!! When she starts, just tell her someone just came to the door, you have to go.

quilter.martha
October 21st, 2012, 04:38 PM
Lonna, I'm so very sorry your Wayne does not seem to be improving. It moves me deeply, as my husband is also named Wayne and I don't know what I'd do without him. You and Wayne have been in my prayers, and I'll continue to pray for God's healing hand upon him. Hang in there dear, and know that we love you and all pulling for you with all our best.

NanaB
October 21st, 2012, 05:52 PM
Lonna, I pray for your Wayne (I'm married to a Wayne as well) and you each and every day. I hope that Wayne will be feeling better soon. I know it is difficult to face each day. Try to keep a positive outlook and take care of yourself while taking care of him. HUGS!

SuziC
October 21st, 2012, 06:52 PM
Prayers and Hugs for you and your Family!!

janluna
October 22nd, 2012, 03:13 AM
Lonna, Joe and I pray for you and Wayne on and off all day, then we pray together every night, for you, Wayne, Mr.&Mr. Daisy, and Alison's Mom. Also Heaven and Angela, tammy, A friend of ours we have know for over 40 years who is terminal and on her way to Hospice, her name is Mary Dean. She was diagnosed 2 months ago. They gave her 3 Months. Now it's moving fast, her bones, lungs, brain, spine, the bone in her head. She was out of it the other day. She is unable to get her words out now. She can't eat, and on and on it goes. She is 57. Has a son, who is only in his early 20's and he is having a hard time coping. Her quilt sister's stepped in and they have been taking care of her. Monday her two sisters and a cousin from here,(NY) finally were able to get there. She is in Mn. She was in MENSA at age 14. She has so many Degrees, I don't even remember them all. Anyway, we are praying for all of you. Love, Hugs, and Prayers, Jan L.