PDA

View Full Version : A short walk in the cold sunshine

Divine Daisy
October 20th, 2012, 05:31 PM
Here in the UK the autumn is often sunny and chill. Today was one of those days up here on the moors and Mr Daisy took a very very short walk.

I wrapped him up in his chemo hat ( what little hair he had has gone) and a scarf and we walked slowly to the end of our road and then came back again. He said it felt good to feel the air on his face.

He is slowly beginning to eat again and is less .......er........morose which is nice for me lol. Yesterday was the Marie Curie nurse's last day but they will return if I need them. It all feels like we have turned a very tight corner. On friday he has his Hickman line removed and barring infection we should be on the homeward stretch now. The following week he begins radiotherepy which we hope he will cope with well. It takes longer to get undress than it does to have his treatment. Sadly though the treatment centre in 2 hours away. He will go 5 days a week for 3 weeks.

pcbatiks
October 20th, 2012, 05:45 PM
Ms Daisy.....sooooo happy for you and Mr D......that you were able to get out in the sunshine and fresh air. There is just something about the fall air that is soothing and relaxing! Tell Mr D we are all still cheering for him and continued prayers!

K. McEuen
October 20th, 2012, 06:06 PM
Glad to hear Mr. D was able to get outside for a bit. I know when I feel sickly if I can sit outside in the sun for a bit I usually feel better. Your car certainly is getting a workout with all his treatments. I wish they were closer to you, for both your sakes.

Jean Sewing Machine
October 20th, 2012, 06:11 PM
So glad you guys got out for a little walk! The journey isn't over, but milestones are being passed, on to better health and a long life ahead!

Meli
October 20th, 2012, 06:11 PM
Jim had bypass surgery a few years ago. That first walk outside was slow going, but it made a huge difference in his attitude and in his determination to get better no matter what. My best wishes and continued prayers for you both.

Lonna
October 20th, 2012, 06:17 PM
How wonderful you both we able to get out for a short walk the fresh air is so good for the soul. Prayers are still comeing your way.

Winniesfriend
October 20th, 2012, 06:41 PM
So glad that Mr. D has managed to turn that tight corner. Continued hugs and prayers for you and Mr. D.

Musical_Starling
October 20th, 2012, 07:10 PM
Your updates make me smile Daisy :) I'm so glad to hear that Mr. D is continuing to do better! After all of the bad news we've been hearing lately, it's nice to hear something good and uplifting.

Sandy Navas
October 20th, 2012, 07:15 PM
Echoing everyone's comments and wishes. That chasm can be crossed with the very first big step. Hugs to you both. Cuddle and get some comfort by being close.

HandsOffItsMine
October 20th, 2012, 07:25 PM
Same from us here on the rock. Remember that first walk with Don outside after his Open Heart surgery. Slow but what a difference it made to his mood and outlook to his recovery. May God give Stewart that extra boost of strength he'll need on those trips for his radiation treatments.

Blessings, Ruby and Don

pamipatch
October 20th, 2012, 07:28 PM
oh daisy, wishing you and mr daisy a smooth (abet slow) next few weeks...heartfelt prayers and best wishes to you both!!

ElaineP
October 20th, 2012, 07:53 PM
I can think of nothing more healing and uplifting than a walk (however short) in the lovely British Autumn sunshine on the beautiful Moors. It's so good to hear that progress is being made. I wish I lived closer as I would certainly take a turn as taxi driver for you both. Keep going Daisy - I know that you will both make it through this very difficult time.

Take care Elaine x

alliek
October 20th, 2012, 08:33 PM
Turning a corner!! Slow step by step, BUT getting there. God's Blessings to you both.;)

auntiemern
October 21st, 2012, 01:40 AM
So happy to hear that you and Mr. D got to take a stroll together. The road to recovery, sometimes is a long one. Hugs, blessings and prayers.

lilmouse
October 21st, 2012, 01:45 AM
I will continue to lift you both up in prayer...so glad to hear you had a little stroll today...good for the body and soul! Sending my love and hugs!

MayinJerset
October 21st, 2012, 02:12 AM
Wonderful News and hope it keeps coming. You both have a long haul in front of you but step by step it will be done and over with. Continued prayers, May

csarina
October 21st, 2012, 05:48 AM
So pleased to hear that Stewart has turned that very tight corner. I had been wondering how things were going. Ptayers that the rest of his treatment goes well and that he will soon be on top forn again. Hugs to you both........A

Genny
October 21st, 2012, 08:36 AM
Here in the UK the autumn is often sunny and chill. Today was one of those days up here on the moors and Mr Daisy took a very very short walk.

I wrapped him up in his chemo hat ( what little hair he had has gone) and a scarf and we walked slowly to the end of our road and then came back again. He said it felt good to feel the air on his face.

He is slowly beginning to eat again and is less .......er........morose which is nice for me lol. Yesterday was the Marie Curie nurse's last day but they will return if I need them. It all feels like we have turned a very tight corner. On friday he has his Hickman line removed and barring infection we should be on the homeward stretch now. The following week he begins radiotherepy which we hope he will cope with well. It takes longer to get undress than it does to have his treatment. Sadly though the treatment centre in 2 hours away. He will go 5 days a week for 3 weeks.

I'm so happy, for both of you, that Mr D is starting to feel better and I think that fresh air will really help him. In the past few months I have tried to keep up on all your posts and I must say, you have to be completely exhausted! Sending you and Mr D prayers for a healthy and happy future.

Jean Sewing Machine
October 21st, 2012, 10:24 AM
Today at Mass, our pastor reminded us that the journey to the goal was just as important as reaching the goal. As Jesus walked on his journey on the earth, His walk was difficult and painful. For those who are walking the journey, this is a message of hope. Be it health, a new opportunity, whatever the goal, we all have to make the journey, which can be painful and difficult. But, by putting one foot in front of the other and pushing on, we can make it.

Now, I've given myself a good talking to, so I'll get my ars in gear to finish my costume job! Not important in the grand scheme of things, but my challenge for the moment! Hope you all have a great, restful, productive and blessed day!

Jess1377
October 21st, 2012, 01:14 PM
That sounds like it was a great moment for both of you. I will continue saying prayers for you both!

shannonsaulter
October 21st, 2012, 02:01 PM
Sounds like things are coming along..I bet that walk made such a difference...keep getting out and enjoying.

NanaB
October 21st, 2012, 06:01 PM
Daisy, thanks for the update. I know you feel better yourself now that Mr. D is feeling a bit better. Here's hoping for some late October sunshine to fall on your faces as you head down the radiation road. Love and hugs sent from me to the two of you.

Loonwatcher
October 21st, 2012, 06:10 PM
So glad you two were able to get a and enjoy a bit of the beautiful day. Also glad Mr. D is on the home stretch even though it sounds like a longe stretch. Don't hesitate to call the Marie Ccurie nurse's if you need them; even just once in a while. We call them Home Health nurses around here and they are a God send.

Thinking of you and Mr. D always,

phoots
October 22nd, 2012, 09:24 PM
Daisy, I'm glad to hear that Mr. Daisy is getting out of the house...even for a few minutes. I miss your stories.

Pam in Vegas (by way of Kingman)

CrazyMtnLady
October 22nd, 2012, 10:22 PM
So glad to hear from you. I know fresh air can be so healing and am glad to know Mr. D. felt well enough to get out and take a few breaths of that fresh air. Prayers to you both.

Poppytree
October 23rd, 2012, 01:36 AM
So glad the walk in the Autumn air did you good. Hope Mr D continues to make good progress. Love and prayers to you both