PDA

View Full Version : royal wedding in the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg

mamaquilt
October 20th, 2012, 02:39 PM
Despite the good weather outside I've been watching the royal wedding of our "Grand Duc héritier" prince Guillaume with Countess Stéphany de Lanoy on TV. It was wonderful, really prince like with lots of royalities from all over the world, even from Japan.

the first picture shows the couple before the civil wedding yesterday, the 2, the official wedding picture and the 3rd. on the balcony of the palace.

tonight they still go on celebrating, so if you're interested I'd be able to post some more pictures tomorrow.

Have to go on watching now. You all have a nice evening and a very good night

Michèle from the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg

Jean Sewing Machine
October 20th, 2012, 02:49 PM
How beautiful! Royal weddings are really a feast for the eyes, aren't they?

Lenie
October 20th, 2012, 03:23 PM
Michèle! I did see a little bit of that too on the Dutch television! Beautiful couple aren't they? I just love royal weddings!
Thanks for sharing the pictures. Enjoy watching!

Sandy Navas
October 20th, 2012, 04:14 PM
Michèle, What a delightful couple. I'd give up my title to run off with him, too!!

Blondie
October 20th, 2012, 04:27 PM
A truly lovely couple! Wow, looks like they are going to be blissful. Thanks for sharing Michele

alliek
October 20th, 2012, 05:16 PM
Love the royal weddings! What a handsome couple. Love the pics, if you have more would love to seem them... Thanks for sharing

Donna F
October 20th, 2012, 05:40 PM
Michèle, What a delightful couple. I'd give up my title to run off with him, too!!

Does that make her a princess now? I don't get the way the titles work.

Winniesfriend
October 20th, 2012, 06:49 PM
They look a very nice couple.

Bubby
October 20th, 2012, 07:05 PM
Royal weddings mesmerize me! Love them!!!! Thanks for the pics and, yes, I would love to see more. Barb

Musical_Starling
October 20th, 2012, 07:20 PM
Beautiful couple :) Not sure I'd want to carry around that train though! lol

Cathy F
October 20th, 2012, 07:27 PM
I love watching royal weddings, and love all the hats!

mamaquilt
October 21st, 2012, 01:53 PM
Does that make her a princess now? I don't get the way the titles work.

the marriage makes the Countess de Lanoy now a future Grand Duchess. Actually there is only one Grand Duchy in the world and that is Luxembourg. But since the actual Grand Duchesse is only about 55 yrs. old, Stéphanie will have to wait a bit I guess.