PDA

View Full Version : A True Horror Story or More Bad News

bkthomas
October 19th, 2012, 08:13 PM
Up until the phone call I received a few minutes ago, I was feeling quite fortunate and more than happy to pray for everyone who has such bad news lately. I still am but adding my sister and nephew to the list.
My nephew Christopher has served in the military and been overseas fighting this terrible war - he's out now and married with 2 children.
He had been working for a Sheriff's Dept. - lost that job and then was asked to come in for questioning about a complaint a prisoner had made. He took a polygraph and passed it, but today he was arrested and is being held without bond for the whole weekend!
He is on suicide watch - this kid has been through too much - he has a bad back and suffers from PTSD - and now this?!!!
I am in shock - I just don't get it! Now I am the one asking for prayers that this gets straightened out - I asked my sis if he has seen a lawyer and she said NOT TILL MONDAY - I just don't get it!!! In what world does this happen?

Monique
October 19th, 2012, 08:26 PM
Aw Kathy that is just horrible. I pray that things get sorted out and pretty darn soon. I am so sorry. I will certainly say prayers.

quiltingtrish
October 19th, 2012, 08:29 PM
I got him in my prayers. I know some of the soldiers that came back from Iraq with PTSD. As if that weren't enough problems for them.

Hugs,

alliek
October 19th, 2012, 08:48 PM
This SHOULD NOT be happening in this country. Why can't he see a lawyer sooner? Did you call Legal Aid and ask why? We send over young men (my nephew included, ) and do not have the capacity to care for them when they come back suffering. I know I sound angry and I'm sorry, but my heart breaks for these young men. Prayers for all of you.

HandsOffItsMine
October 19th, 2012, 08:49 PM
Don and I just watched a documentary on PTSD of our recent war Veterans and how we expect folks to just step back into society as if nothing as happened to them while overseas.

Prayers will be said and I hope that he gets legal representation asap plus medical support.

SoBuzy
October 19th, 2012, 08:52 PM
I am so sorry...prayers are powerful and I'm lifting you and your family up in prayer!

Sandy Navas
October 19th, 2012, 08:56 PM
Sending prayers! It just doesn't make sense. PTSD is real and I am aghast that this country does not do better for those who fight for our freedoms. I pray this is just a fluke and he'll be home where he belongs real soon.

Patrice
October 19th, 2012, 08:59 PM
They are in my prayers Kathy. Keep us posted

sewbizzy
October 19th, 2012, 09:07 PM
Sending prayers his way.... Also for your family....

Bailey65
October 19th, 2012, 09:17 PM
Sorry Kathy to hear your news. I will continue to pray for you and your family.

EnumclawGramma
October 19th, 2012, 09:20 PM
Kathy I am so sorry your family is going through this! It's unbelievable! Praying for you and your family.

candy
October 19th, 2012, 09:24 PM
Praying for you and your family.

BellasQuilts
October 19th, 2012, 09:56 PM
I saw a show recently on our veterans and getting into trouble. In Texas the judge makes them attend 2 years of therapy from the military. It works! http://www.ncdsv.org/images/VIP_VeteransArrestedAndBookedIntoTheTravisCountyJa il_11-2011.pdf

Winniesfriend
October 19th, 2012, 09:59 PM
OMG thats terrible, the law can be so ridiculous some times .... hope all goes well for him and the rest of your family, sending hugs and prayers.

bkthomas
October 19th, 2012, 10:05 PM
Thank You all so much - It means so much to me - will keep you posted.....

Lonna
October 19th, 2012, 10:21 PM
Kathy you all are in my thoughts and prayers. It is a shame the way we treat those who have given so much for us and our freedom.

Musical_Starling
October 19th, 2012, 11:12 PM
Kathy, add my name to the list of those sending prayers. This is just craziness. Even if he was guilty as sin and they had video evidence against him he still deserves to talk to a lawyer! I don't think innocent until proven guilty exists in our society anymore :( I hope this is cleared up very soon and will be praying for you and your family until this is settled.

lilmouse
October 20th, 2012, 12:48 AM
Kathy, will keep you and your family in prayer until this is resolved! Love and hugs, Susie

shannonsaulter
October 20th, 2012, 12:53 AM
OMG thats horrid..you are all in my prayers..
As a Corrections Officer I can tell you one thing they will always take the crooks word first.. this industry has come a long way..but people still think we are like the guards in movies its a bad rap.. I can only believe it will all work out...

MayinJerset
October 20th, 2012, 01:49 AM
Adding my prayers, May in Jersey

nurrsey
October 20th, 2012, 08:17 AM
Oh Kathy, how horrible for him. Prayers coming to him and your family.

quilter.martha
October 20th, 2012, 09:15 AM
I'm so sorry Kathy to hear of this. I'm praying for your family.

Swedish leo
October 20th, 2012, 09:18 AM
Lots of love and support! Hope everything sorts out soon.

New York Sue
October 20th, 2012, 10:41 AM
I pray this young man get's the legal aid and PTSD support he earned! I know I'm preachin' to the choir, but we have to start taking better care of our Vets, peeps! And a good start would be to check your Senator(s) and Congressman(s) voting records regarding veterans support. If it's lacking, give them the BOOT!
I heard a report on NPR, (last evening maybe), regarding the confusion over Veteran's educational entitlements. Many are taking out student loans, because they are being misdirected by their college of choice. Is the VA overwhelmed, or asleep at their watch?
Come on, now! These men and women deserve SO much MORE!
If you know of af a Vet returning, lend a hand. They are probably so overwhelmed when returning, they don't realize half of what's out there, for assistance. Offer to peruse through there 'stack' of discharge papers, if no one around them is 'stepping up to the plate'. It's likely all there.
Interesting though, how the words 'entitled' and 'assistanse' have become 'dirty words' this election season. (I cringed while trying to find the right words...)
I really don't want to make this political. I'm merely pointing out that we, as a Nation, have to show up for the GAME! (Let alone 'step up to the plate'....)
STEP AWAY from the sewing machine on November 6th, and find time to VOTE!
My BEST to you and your family, Kathy. I hope you find solace soon.

bobw103
October 20th, 2012, 10:43 AM
Oh my friend, this just makes me shake me head in disbelief! Warm thoughts coming your way.

bkthomas
October 21st, 2012, 09:07 PM
Just waiting for tomorrow, hoping for some news - I hope when this is over that he sues them for wrongfully arresting him!!! I am so angry I just can't tell you! I hope he sues (and I am not the get even type) and is awarded 5 million as a settlement and that sherrifs dept. is found dirty and cleaned up!!! grrrrrrr

auntiemern
October 21st, 2012, 10:46 PM
So sorry your family is going through this. PTSD is real, as I have a first hand understanding of it. MY DH was a war wounded vet from Viet Nam (still has shrapnel in his head). Have all of you in my prayer. Hopefully truth and justice will prevail.

janluna
October 22nd, 2012, 01:59 AM
Where are all the Jag Officers? He's a vet why don't they get him a Jag guy? Especially if he has PTSD? I saw that judge that is helping the vets get help. He's the first kind judge I've seen. Poor Kathy, Somebody is kicking your family. That's how we felt, when Emily got sick, my husband got sick both with serious diseases, and then they thought Joe's sister had a brain tumor! I said who in heck is kicking the Luna's when we're already down!?! Thank God his Sister is ok. Joe and Emily, are still fighting. As a matter of fact, Emily ended up in the ER Saturday. She woke up with a fever, and green gunk in her lungs, a really sore throat and a wicked bad cough! Friday night she was fine. Went to bed, Heather checked the kids before she and Joey turned in. Em was fine. Saturday, Heather got up at 7:30 and started on the laundry, She heard Em in her room, so she poked her head in the door and told her good morning, put clean, folded clothes on her bed for her to put away. And Em said, "my chest hurts, my throat hurts, and she went into a horrible cough and coughed up yucky stuff. Heather touched her, she had a fever. Off to the ER, they went. Strong Antibiotics, the humidifier, Another scour of her already antiseptic bedroom. Strong Memorial wants to see her on the 24th. One year ago, she relapsed with the Aplastic Anemia so bad she was sent to Wisconsin. It started with a fever. I don't know how much more this kid can take. I don't know how much more Her Mom can take. They are such Grace under fire. Heather turned to Emily and said, "You'd do anything to get out of putting your clothes away." lol So after you say prayers for Kathy and her family, Please say a few for Emily, Thanks. Sorry, I didn't mean to go on a tangent. Hugs, Jan L.

bkthomas
October 22nd, 2012, 02:06 AM
Jan, I love to read any thing you post - you are an Angel - never need to apologize - your family is in my prayers also!
Thanks Jan!!!

bkthomas
October 22nd, 2012, 02:07 AM
....and continued Thanks to all of You in your ongoing prayers for Christopher!

mommadeb
October 22nd, 2012, 11:01 AM
Prayers to all of you. Bk, please keep us posted on how this turns out. It is true, in the US you are guilty until YOU prove yourself innocent. What a horrible experience.

Jan, I was wondering about Emily, thanks for that update.

I've got my fingers crossed for all of you.

CrazyMtnLady
October 22nd, 2012, 11:25 AM
Kathy, so sorry to hear about your nephew. It is a terrible world we live in when the criminal is more important than our Veteran's and law enforcement officers. I will keep your family in my prayers.

Jan, I have Emily in my prayers everyday!

bkthomas
October 23rd, 2012, 12:33 AM
A Little Update.....his bond is 50,000 and they need 5000 to get him out....sorry, that is all I know....that and that I am suffering from a terrible cough - not feeling well....will let you know when I have more to share.

Jess1377
October 24th, 2012, 01:00 PM
OH geesh, I cant believe I didnt see this! My heart and prayers are going out to you and your family Kathy. Is the prisoner someone he arrested as a sheriff or while deployed? I suppose it dosnt matter but am just curious. I gotta say I feel the same way as others these days you have to fight to prove yourself innocent. It isnt innocent until proven guilty but guilty until proven innocent. Its a horrible shift our society has made these days. I assume by now he has seen a lawyer right? Poor guy, and like I said my thoughts, heart and prayers will be going out to you and your family.

I hope you feel better soon too!

Jan, prayers going up for your family as well.

bkthomas
October 24th, 2012, 04:47 PM
Haven't heard anything new - can only assume that he has seen a lawyer - he is lucky with the wife he chose though - my little sis tells me she is tough and has moxie.
Think I am feeling a little better - will let you know if I hear anything else - Thank You

Jess1377
October 24th, 2012, 04:55 PM
I've heard army wives have to be a little tougher to handle that life ;) I am glad he has a good one. I am glad you are doing a bit better though health wise.

CrazyMtnLady
October 24th, 2012, 06:04 PM
Am still keeping your family in my prayers. Hope there is a quick resolve to this problem.

janluna
October 24th, 2012, 06:19 PM
Kathy, our prayers are going up for your family. Life just isn't fair and then when you get all of the bad stuff happening at once it is worse. God Bless you and yours, Sweetie!
Thank you all for Emily's prayers on her behalf. I know you are all praying for her. And knowing that, is a blessing in itself. Thank you, Hugs, and Prayers, right back at you, Jan L.:icon_wave:

bkthomas
October 24th, 2012, 10:01 PM
....continued prayers for all of you as well....

MRoy
October 24th, 2012, 10:06 PM
Kathy and Jan, your families are in my prayers.

bkthomas
October 25th, 2012, 05:27 AM
Had a quick little conversation with my baby seester and she got to talk to him on the phone - he was a mess - has an appointed lawyer but hasn't seen him yet - grrrrrr
Anyone know a good lawyer in Kansas?
Roxanne (baby seester) is in Hawaii and he is in Kansas.

Blondie
October 25th, 2012, 07:23 AM
Kathy, I sure wish I could help out with something other than prayers.

Now to be totally P.I, I will add that because we live in a country where inmates have more rights each and every day - I find it infuriating that our children have to be in debt for half of their life for an education that doesn't guarentee a job - but inmates can further their education, have color tv, medical care - while we under the new mandate will be taxed to have it - whether or not we can pay for it AND if we can't, well, our houses can have a lien attached to it - none of this equates with me. And as for our military - it warms my heart to see on the tv that crowds will be at airports welcoming them home from war, and yet, we can't keep our bases and consulates safe from the enemy because we don't want to offend - well Kathy, that is the country we live in now. Makes no sense.
Off to wash my mouth out with soap - too early in the morning to feel that spike in my BP.
I will continue to pray, dear girl.