PDA

View Full Version : A lot of life can happen in two weeks

RiverMomm
October 19th, 2012, 06:19 PM
Two weeks ago today, my brother died. He was my only sibling. I flew to Tampa to be with his family. While the last two weeks were terribly sad, there were moments of bittersweet memories, reconnecting with friends, pride of my niece and nephew as they started on their paths as adults as well as several days of visiting with my father in Georgia.

The day after my brother's funeral, I got a call that my FIRST GRANDCHILD was born. Lucas was born 6 weeks early and weighed about 5 lbs (now that boy was going to be a big baby at full term!). He is still in the hospital but doing great! Talk about your spirit lifters. :)

I am home now, planning my next plane ride . . . to welcome a sweet little boy into our family. The circle of life . . . sounds like a movie but it really is the way life happens sometimes.

Swedish leo
October 19th, 2012, 06:24 PM
I am sorry for you loss and happy for your grandchild!

pcbatiks
October 19th, 2012, 06:25 PM
Vicky, Good to see you back on the forum! Prayers to you for the loss of your brother.......and congratulations on your 1st grandbaby! Hope you get to spoil him soon!

Bubby
October 19th, 2012, 06:25 PM
He's darling...I'm so happy for you becoming a Grandma. There's nothing better than being a Grandma!! I'm sorry for the loss of your brother.

Winniesfriend
October 19th, 2012, 06:30 PM
I am sorry for your loss Vicky,..... as you said the circle of life, being a grandma is wonderful, enjoy your new grand baby.

HandsOffItsMine
October 19th, 2012, 06:35 PM
Vicky, we're sorry for the loss of your brother and now that the grief will take it's time to heal.

Lucas will ease that pain that's for sure, he's adorable and the parents look oh so proud! Being grandparents/Opa & Oma is wonderful, they make your life complete!!

Enjoy that trip to see him...

cyndiofthevortex
October 19th, 2012, 06:54 PM
So sorry about the loss of your brother. What a sad thing. And what a happy thing to become a grammie! I have five DGKs and there's nothing like it. Show off more pics of your grandbaby when you get to see him.

K. McEuen
October 19th, 2012, 08:04 PM
Wow, was going to say something about the size of the baby's hand and his long fingers, then I noticed Dad's in the second picture. That boy comes by it naturally. He would have been a big full term baby. Congrats.

Glad to hear that you got to spend some time with your dad. I'm sure that helped him deal with the loss of your brother a bit easier.

Monique
October 19th, 2012, 08:23 PM
Aw Vicky, what a precious wee boy Lucas is. There could not any prouder parents by the look of this picture. Congratulations again.

Again, sorry about your brother.

quiltingtrish
October 19th, 2012, 08:33 PM
Awww. So sorry to hear of your brother. I've got my prayers for you and your family.
Congratulations on your first grandchild. He is beautiful.

Hugs,

Sandy Navas
October 19th, 2012, 08:53 PM
A wonderful young man to take his place in life, and the loss of a wonderful brother - hard to take so soon together. Blessings to all.

sewbizzy
October 19th, 2012, 09:10 PM
So sorry for the loss of your brother Vicky....and congratulations on the birth of your grandson...I love the name Lucas...our third son's name is Luke...Hugs and Blessings

BellasQuilts
October 19th, 2012, 09:58 PM
Sorry for your loss and so happy that your dear GS arrived in time to lift your spirits. Such is the circle of life. We mourn with you and celebrate with you, Vicky!

Musical_Starling
October 19th, 2012, 11:24 PM
Life certainly has ways of keeping us on our toes, always expecting the unexpected. I am very sorry for your loss, but also very happy to hear that you're a grandma.

lilmouse
October 20th, 2012, 12:45 AM
Vicki, I am so sorry about the loss of your brother and I am sure you were a comfort to your father......congratulations on the new grandchild....and yes life does seem to circle doesn't it!

MayinJerset
October 20th, 2012, 01:51 AM
Welcome Lucas, Grandma will soon be with you to smother you in hugs and kisses. May in Jersey

auntiemern
October 21st, 2012, 01:27 AM
So sorry for the loss of your brother. It truly is the circle of life. I would just about bet, that you will notice things in your grand son, that remind you of your brother as he grows up. Congrats on the new grandson.

Jess1377
October 21st, 2012, 01:34 AM
Congratulations on the new addition to your family! The pictures are wonderful that you shared!! I am also very sorry for the loss of your brother.