PDA

View Full Version : Yay for Fridays

Blondie
October 19th, 2012, 06:08 AM

Happy Friday to y'all!

I was happy when I signed in to see a post from our Daisy and our DonnaF. Both have been sorely missed by everyone here and on all of our minds, always in our hearts.

I most likely will be offline the next few days. Some company is arriving - a favored cousin and his wife are driving through the area on the way to somewhere else. They always stay with us and this time will be no different.

Have a wonderful weekend, folksies!

MRoy
October 19th, 2012, 07:32 AM
Good Morning! Enjoy your company Blondie! TGIF! wishing all a wonderful day...

aliaslaceygreen
October 19th, 2012, 08:09 AM
good morn! Rainy day already... hope work isn't crazy, but I do have Layla to look forward to tonight!!!

Happy weekend in advance!

Monique
October 19th, 2012, 08:32 AM
Blondie, have a wonderful visit.

Yesterday was spent fixing things and cleaning. It was going to be a warm and beautiful day, so the order of the day was laundry. At the end of the first load, the pump stopped working. JEEZ!! I was lucky, just gave it a slap and it started. But I did have to add air to the tank. Had to borrow that from a neighbour. Was vaccuuming, hose was clogged and had a bugger of time getting that unclogged. I thought, things happen in threes, what is next? Got my cleaning and laundry done. I was making supper and put a pork loin in my little roast pan, and as I was putting it in the oven, I noticed it had a leak. Roast pan has gone to garbage. I will ask the kids for a new one for Christmas.

Hubby spent the afternoon visiting with a neighbour and brought him over for supper. It's okay he had called and asked first.

So this morning I have taken out the beef for supper and the turkey to defrost. I need to make the pumpkins squares and the buns today for tomorrow. Will get the dressing together. With a little one here, it will be hard to do all these things tomorrow. This weekend I will host thanksgiving dinner. There should be around 12 here in total. If the weather cooperates, I would like to get some pictures of everyone outside.

So I may or may not have time to be here, but know that I will be thinking of you all and sending prayers to those in need.

Lonna
October 19th, 2012, 08:38 AM
Good Morning All,

Blondie and Monique enjoy your company this weekend. I am off this weekend the whole weekend and I am so looking forward to it. I am slowly cutting back on my hours. I know the hit on the check book will hurt but I am so tired of working six days a week. Besides things at work are not the greatest feel like I am walking on eggshells all the time.

Hopeing to get some time to sew this weekend. I have several things I hope to finish this weekend we will see. Hope everyone has a great weekend.

Bubby
October 19th, 2012, 08:57 AM
Good Morning Everyone!

Today will be another day of painting for me. I got the worst of it done yesterday and can now see the light at the end of the tunnel.

Blondie, enjoy your family. I love when the 'favorites' come to stay! They never seem to stay long enough or often enough!

We are having another day with high winds and starting tomorrow we should have 4 or 5 glorious days. Tomorrow we are going to take a ride to look at the Fall colors. It's really gorgeous right now.

Thanks to everyone who helped me with my Luna Notte fabric search yesterday. I finally found everything I need...at the four corners of the country! That's the wonderful thing about the internet, isn't it! My daughter seldom comments on my quilts, but she fell in love with the one I made from the Luna Notte pre-cuts and wants one. Hers will be the same pattern but there will be some fabric changes in the borders, etc. Even though LN is still out there in small quantities, they seldom have more than 1 yard lengths and almost everyone is out of the really special prints. Thanks again to everyone who searched for me!!

Miss Molly is downright spunky today and wanted to play at 5:00 am! She seldom plays anymore - preferring her tummy to be rubbed and the whole princess treatment. I love it when I see flashes of the younger Molly. Everyone should be fortunate enough to be loved by a Scotty at least once in their life.

It's Friday and TGIF in every way!!! Hugs and prayers all around for all our quilty friends here....Barb

Winniesfriend
October 19th, 2012, 09:03 AM
Morning all, it is now Friday evening in Oz, we had a beautiful sunny day today, unfortunately I had to work but just for something very different on a Friday night in what is usually a very busy emergency department it was not so busy, we even had the occasional empty bed, 3 days ago there were twice as many patients in the dept than there were beds....Enjoy your weekends I will be back at work hopefully every one can stay healthy and not come to ED.

quilter.martha
October 19th, 2012, 09:22 AM
Morning all. Blondie, enjoy your company. Monique, your Thanksgiving dinner sounds so good! I, too, have "company". My DD came home for a short visit from New York. She wanted to surprise my son for his birthday, and he WAS surprised and pleased. It is soooo good to have her home, even if it will be a short visit. Looking forward to spending some quality time together.

Cathy F
October 19th, 2012, 09:39 AM
Morning all!

Blondie and Monique have a great visit with your company!

Today is a rainy day here but will still have to go out in it and run a few errands. Yesterday finally got to work on my Halloween runner, what should have been an easy peasy job turned out to be a drudge. Turned out I made a mistake I didn't see till I was almost done, then the seam ripper came out need I say anymore :) It's back together after a few choice words and ready for me to quilt it. Hope to get it done today or else Haloween may be here before I get it finished.

Hugs to all who may need a few extra today!

MayinJerset
October 19th, 2012, 09:45 AM
Morning gals. Blondie have fun with your visiting cousins and Happy Thanksgiving to Monique and family.

Had a nice time yesterday at lunch with my BFF, caught up on some good news as well as some not so good news. She loved her Bday gift of a Fall table topper. Not sure if I posted a photo before so I'm adding it now.

Haircut schedule for 10:30 and then a bit of shopping but need to get back home to put away the stacks of laundry I left on the dining room table. Bigger laundry loads this week as I'm washing all summer stuff so I can put them away. While pulling out some clothes for the cooler weather I realized that I need to do some clothes shopping. Have a 30% off coupon for Kohl's and hope to use it next week on some new clothes.

Friday nights DH and I usually go out for dinner at a local diner and afterwards do a little shopping. Think I'll suggest Barnes & Noble tonight as I'm in the mood for a cappucino. I'll enjoy my coffee and browsie through quilting magazines while DH checks out the sale books. Tomorrow is monthly Pillowcase Sew In at my guild. I'll be running it alone this month as my co-chair is ill. Will make DH come with me as I have to get there very early to set up tables and chairs and I don't like to be at the meeting place alone. We meet in a small ranch house in the middle of a park, the park has no activities on Saturdays so it's kind of spooky being in the house alone. I think Sunday will be an 'at rest' day for me. May

New York Sue
October 19th, 2012, 09:47 AM
Worked all night, in charge of a busy L&D staffed with TWO agency nurses and a per diem. And two diva docs (they'll ask for some special instrument, because they can...) A bit unsettling from the outset, but we worked together and got through it. Did not sit for more than a minute, all night. My pillow is beckoning me, but I'm waiting for the dryer to quit spinning!
ENJOY all your visits, and have a great weekend ALL!
Two more nights of more of the same, for me.......
:(

Sandy Navas
October 19th, 2012, 09:54 AM
Cathy and I spent time with Mr. Frog yesterday. YUCKO! I had to rip out the top part of the binding on three jeans-leg denim aprons I made for the granddaughters - they were way to wide and gaped at the top - unfortunately I had sewn them on with decorative stitches which meant 8-9 movements for each 1/32nd of an inch! Took over an hour on each one of them just to remove the binding!!! Took about 5 minutes each to reattach them though, after trimming the tops to the proper sizes.

Blustery days - the wind kept me awake off and on all night long. Misty, foggy, drizzly outside. Saw in the paper where the 'authorities' are predicting a very dry and mild winter. Wonder if Mother Nature knows this?

Headed to KC to have lunch with my Big Bro and his wife, Li'l Sis and her wonderful husband. We always have so much fun together. So, no sewing for me today.

Sending out hugs and warm wishes, praying for those with health issues, and wishing there were cures for life's ailments.

EnumclawGramma
October 19th, 2012, 10:01 AM
Good Friday Morning! It's raining here, badly needed so it's ok. The wind in the foothills is finally taking some of the leaves off the trees, and they're not even done changing color yet. It's warmer, so no fire this morning. Work today. I work with a really good friend and so this is our "get caught up day". I always enjoy it! I made some progress on my Halloween quilt yesterday and also a quilt I'm making as a Christmas gift for my DGD using animal prints. I can only work on it when she's not around, I think she's going to love it!

Check out the daily deal and if you don't have that tumbler template yet......get it! It's a good one! I use mine a LOT!

Have a wonderful day everyone. Hugs and prayers to all who need them! ***HUGS***

CrazyMtnLady
October 19th, 2012, 10:06 AM
Good Morning all!
Blondie, I hope you have a wonderful weekend with your company. And Monique have a wonderful dinner and enjoy your company also.
Barb, it sure sounds like the old place is going to look like new when you get through.

DH leaves this afternoon for Springfield for the weekend for a gun show. So I will be without the computer and I don't plan on busting my butt this weekend working around here except maybe at the sewing machine. I think it is suppose to be nice weather so I may do a little laundry but that's about it.

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend.
Hugs and prayers to all.

pcbatiks
October 19th, 2012, 10:20 AM
Good Morning everyone! Hope Blondie and Monique have a great time with their families this weekend! I just have to comment on the thread that Denis posted about sewing machine construction and durability. One of the comments made during the video was that "Sewing has been medically proven to reduce stress!" So the next time you area trying to resist buying fabric or the daily deal just remember.........We must always practice preventative medicine!! :D Planning to work on a couple of sewing projects and some housework today. I saw a garage sale listed for tomorrow that has sewing machines and D-stashing quilting fabrics! I'm pretty sure that I will have to go check on that one.........you know to keep myself healthy and reduce stress!!! :D Hope all of you have a great weekend and that those in need of prayers can feel the support & presence of our prayers around you.

SuzyQue
October 19th, 2012, 10:23 AM
Off to pick up son at airport. Will spend the hour drive praying for those that need them. Daughter arrived last night. Full nest.....ahhhh! I don't get this often, so I must enjoy! No sewing again this weekend........but it will be worth it this time! Hope and prayers and hugs for all!

dwil23
October 19th, 2012, 10:47 AM
Last night I went to bed at midnight, even though 20 yo DD was still at "howl o SScream" at Busch Gardens with friends. It was my last real night off. I go back to work full time tonight. 45 minutes later my cell phone rings. She can't find the car. I get up, throw on workout clothes because I had put all my jeans in the wash before going to bed, and off I go. Long story short 2 and a half hours later, the parking lot is finally empty and the car is located way on the opposite end from where she thought she parked it. GRRR. So, slept a little later than had planned. Going to my friends house to sew as I usually do on Fridays. Got everything ready, put out the trash, all that stuff. Now, to get dressed. Oh yeah, my jeans are still wet in the washing machine. Looks like I will have a wonderful day. LOL. Because that's all I can do right now.

Hope everyone else's day goes much smoother than mine has!

auntiemern
October 19th, 2012, 11:53 AM
Morning all. Well today is the beginning of the fair. Will be this evening and all day tomorrow. Wish me luck. Heck, have already made $90, and haven't even set up. Got a little to do this morning before we go set up. Well need to get a binding sewn on one of Rhonda's table runners. Will check back in later this evening.

Granny Judy
October 19th, 2012, 11:57 AM
Just a quick greeting... have a migraine trying to take over my day. Brightness from this screen is making it take on a life of its own. Ya 'all have fun with your day and keep smiling... makes others wonder what you are up to.

pcbatiks
October 19th, 2012, 12:00 PM
Marilyn, Good Luck on the craft show this weekend!

Morning all. Well today is the beginning of the fair. Will be this evening and all day tomorrow. Wish me luck. Heck, have already made $90, and haven't even set up. Got a little to do this morning before we go set up. Well need to get a binding sewn on one of Rhonda's table runners. Will check back in later this evening.

mdenzine
October 19th, 2012, 12:19 PM
Good Morning All, Sounds like everyone has a busy weekend planned. It is a beautiful day in Tucson, our fabulous fall season has begun.Our days are in the 80's and our nights in the 50's, just perfect. Took the day off work today now just need to decide which project to do first. Everyone enjoy your weekend.

Prayers and Hugs to All.

lilmouse
October 19th, 2012, 12:20 PM
Morning everyone...not too much going on here...did a little of this and a little of that...took some pictures and even with the advice still can't get them uploaded...frustration...wish I wasn't to techy challenged! Sassi is growing like a little weed and into everything! My quilts are slowly coming along! Prayers and hugs to all

sewbizzy
October 19th, 2012, 12:31 PM
Good Morning Everyone!! ..dh and I had breakfast with 3 of our gc this morning at their school...we look forward to this every year...next week we will go with the other gc to their school...I'm glad they split them up in our school area so we can attend both of them...
I had 2 cortisone injections in my left hip Wednesday...seems to have helped some...but still have a little pain in my back...as my dh says "old age isn't for sissies"...he is scheduling some epidural injections in his back...problems in the same areas he had back surgery about 15 years ago to repair some herniated discs...
Prayers being sent for all that need them...Hugs and blessings...

Madeforyouinma11
October 19th, 2012, 12:46 PM

Good luck! Wow, yours is tonight and all day tomorrow...the one that I am doing is only from 10am to 4pm. I still have two weeks but I'm a wreck. I think it's just because I've never done one before. I'd love to see pics of your little section and how you set yourself up. I have some ideas of what I want to do but I'd love to see yours.
Thanks and I hope you sell out!

shannonsaulter
October 19th, 2012, 12:55 PM
Blondie enjoy you company..its not my Friday but that is how it goes...Monday is my Friday..confusing hmmm....hope everyone else enjoys their weekend!

cyndiofthevortex
October 19th, 2012, 03:02 PM
Judy, I pray that your migraine goes away quickly. I'm thankful every morning when I wake up without one. They are the worst.

More time with the DGSs today. I love them so much! Bethany is taking my shift volunteering at the library today. I've been there three days this week helping out and I needed a break today. Even though I reminded her last night she forgot and ran around like a chicken with it's head cut off trying to get ready at the last minute! It was fun to watch because I was glad it wasn't ME!

Some quilting is on the list of things to do today. I have a sunflower quilt under my machine about 1/4 quilted. Once I get in there I don't want to leave! It reminds me of the John Denver song where he wants to fiddle all day but the Lord and his wife wouldn't take it very good. Change a few words and that's how I feel!

HandsOffItsMine
October 19th, 2012, 08:59 PM
Prayers to Judy that the migraine has left the building! No fun at all if the meds don't do their job.

Today Don played chaufeur and we got some packages sent off to the mainland.

Happily some more folks donated to I.Heart.Luke and I've made more blocks for the quilt, will be posting those on FB and here later today.

Then it will be time to swap out to the embroidery machine component to make some more Circles of Comfort labels for Miss Blondie. She's one busy lady, Blondie is really the Hand Quilting Machine here. I don't know how she does it?!?!

Now I'm off to cut the Mystery Fat Quarter that goes to Shannon for Donating under the special program we have going for Baby Luke. Hmmm what shall I cut. Riley Blake, Moda, Victoria & Albert Museum, shhhh can't tell you! hehehe