PDA

View Full Version : Peeping in briefly

Divine Daisy
October 18th, 2012, 02:45 PM
I am just poking my nose over the threshold to say hi.

Thank you for all your good wishes, and ty to my lovely Jean for her ongoing and truely wonderfful support despite the nightmare of her costumes. To Sandy too for her emails and 'funnies' which always lift our spirits.

Mr Daisy has had a really horrible time, but is now very very slowly beginning to improve. Tiny baby steps each day. I don't know where I would have been without the Marie Curie nurses who have been as brilliant now as they were 45 years ago when they supported my Mother through my Dad's final weeks. They have given me breaks when I really thought I WOULD break without them, always cheerful, kind and gentle.

My Daughter is on the one hand frustrated that she is building a wind farm, a multi million pound project which she is unable to leave and on the other hand she is so bad at being around serious illness that I suspect she needs an excuse lol. My other daughter has still not been in touch, has still not allowed me any photographs of her new daughter although I have been sent 2 more by round about means.

Sewing has been pretty scarce but today I managed to cut lots of two inch strips for log cabin blocks which will be the border for my cockerel wall hanging. I have some fab freedom fabrics that make me smile just looking at them.

Love to those who also need good thoughts through hard times and to those support them. At some point I would like to do a fundraiser quilt for Marie Curie nurses but I will give that more thought when I have space in my head.

Jean Sewing Machine
October 18th, 2012, 02:59 PM
So glad you checked in and for another update. Keep those strips coming, and we'll keep the prayers streaming your way for Mr. Daisy's climb back to feeling human again.

phoots
October 18th, 2012, 03:00 PM
Daisy,

I'm really glad to hear that Mr. Daisy is starting to get better.

Pam in Vegas (by way of Kingman)

bkthomas
October 18th, 2012, 03:05 PM
Thank You for letting us see your little nose - Hugs Love and Prayers continue from around the world for Mr. and Mrs. Daisy!
Take care and check in when you can!

bakermom
October 18th, 2012, 03:07 PM
good to hear from you. hope Mr.D continues to improve.

sewmuchjan
October 18th, 2012, 03:23 PM
Prayers and hugs for you and Mr. D.

Love, Jan G.

K. McEuen
October 18th, 2012, 03:36 PM
So glad to hear that Mr. D is on the upturn now. And glad to hear that you have some relief as well. I know when I was caring for my dad the first day the hospice nurse came I asked her "Can I take a shower now?" I'd been so busy with him that I hadn't been able to take one for 3 days and I felt yucky!

Take care of you and the Mr. Hugs to you both.

bec
October 18th, 2012, 03:51 PM
Glad to hear that Mr. Daisy is showing some improvement. I know you must be exhausted. Thank God for people like the Marie Curie nurses. What would we do without those souls? If you decide to make a fundraiser quilt, let us know. I would be glad to donate some blocks to help you with it. Take care. Hugs.

EnumclawGramma
October 18th, 2012, 03:58 PM
Thank you for this update. Continued prayers for you and Mr. D. ***HUGS***

ElaineP
October 18th, 2012, 03:58 PM
Delighted to hear Mr Daisy has turned a corner. Would love to help/support you in making a quilt for the Marie Curie nurses - as long as you avoid triangles in the design!

Take care Daisy and remember to look after yourself as well.

Elaine x x

Monique
October 18th, 2012, 04:11 PM
It is good to hear from you. Hopefully Stewart will continue on an uphill climb. Hugs to both of you.

HandsOffItsMine
October 18th, 2012, 04:12 PM
So good to see your nose. :) Tickled that Stewart is feeling a tad better and giving the Marie Curie nurses I'm sure his "No Trouble" routine. :)

Fab that you're getting help in house and that you've gotten some more photos of your new love. :D Hopefully you will share them with us to oohhh and ahhh over.

Of course when you're ready to share your idea for the MC quilt, we'll all jump in to support your cause. I never heard of Hospice when I brought my Mom home, I didn't have anyone around me that had a prior experience dealing with this and the L.A. General Hospiral S.W. didn't give me any information. I was on my own with Don working for nine months with Mom and it was tough, a MC or Hospice nurse would have been a great help. I'm very happy that you have that support, especially since the oldest can't get away. Yes, if she can't handle being around very ill folks, it might not help much in the support system. lol

Prayers for both of you, huggers as well. Ruby and Don

Swedish leo
October 18th, 2012, 04:36 PM
Lots of love and hugs comming your way!

Sandy Navas
October 18th, 2012, 04:40 PM
That was YOU peeping over the threshold? It was so quick and I only caught a glimpse. Wish I had known. I thought perhaps one of our little boys outside brought in a gift. That gift actually came via Daisy!! You have no idea how badly I wish I could come sit for you, give you a much needed break, and some way find it in my 'power' to get Mr. Daisy spunky again. All I can do, though, is to keep letting you know that we are pulling for you. You may sneak off now and then to take a breather, and we'll keep the home fires burning for you here.

Love you both!!

lilmouse
October 18th, 2012, 04:44 PM
Keeping you both in prayer and hugs....include me in that Marie Curie quilt when you are ready.......much love to both of you!

Claire Hallman
October 18th, 2012, 05:31 PM
I am so relieved to read that Mr D is having some improvement begin. I hope it continues and increases rapidly.
Take care of yourself as well. That is great to have the help form the Marie Curie nurses, I had never heard of that although I have heard of Marie Curie herself.
Good to hear you got a chance to fiddle with some fabric, it is a soothing thing to do and I am sure you need some soothing.
Peek beck in when you can and let us know how things progress.

meemeecyn
October 18th, 2012, 05:37 PM
You have a beautiful little nose, Daisy! Thoughts of you and Mr Daisy abound. Take care of yourself......that means to make time to sew. Heck with the cleaning! I pray that your 2nd daughter 'comes' around. How painful that must be for you.
Cynthia

Jess1377
October 18th, 2012, 05:46 PM
Glad to hear your still about and you are at least able to do something smalll for yourself by way of quilting. Prayers continue for your DH to heal in comfort. Hospice / Marie Curie Nurses are a Godsend and am happy that you get to have them available and can give you a bit of a break that you need. That is a good idea you had about a quilt or fundraiser for them! Take care!!

MayinJerset
October 18th, 2012, 05:55 PM
I thought I saw someone peeking in the window, Good to hear some upbeat news about Mr. Daisy and of course when you're ready to share your idea for the MC quilt, we'll all jump in to support your cause. May in Jersey

Winniesfriend
October 18th, 2012, 06:34 PM
Good to hear from you, continues hugs and prayers for you and Mr. D, glad to hear is slowly making progress.

pcbatiks
October 18th, 2012, 07:30 PM
Ms Daisy, So happy and thankful that Mr D is starting to improve some....every little bit is encouraging! Also glad to hear that you have some help now. Take care of yourself and let Mr D know we are cheering for you both!

MRoy
October 18th, 2012, 08:23 PM
So glad you peeped in and so glad that Mr. D is improving. You both continue to be in my prayers. Take care of yourself please.

Bubby
October 18th, 2012, 08:46 PM
Hang in there, Daisy,,,,I still pray for you and Mr D daily. With loving thoughts....Barb

CrazyMtnLady
October 18th, 2012, 08:49 PM
So glad to see your cute little nose! Your and Mr D. have not been out of my thoughts for more than a few minutes at a time. DH was trying to talk to me and I said...."What?" He asked me where my head was and I said "In England with Ms Daisy!" I really wish I could be there to give you some rest. I sit here and have all this time on my hands to do whatever and it is nothing compared to what you need help with. You have been on of my most sincere inspirations on here. My prayers are with you and Mr. D.

BellasQuilts
October 18th, 2012, 09:57 PM
So glad you popped in and that Mr. Daisy is getting a bit better and that you have HELP! Sending you love and prayers, dear one!

aliaslaceygreen
October 18th, 2012, 10:37 PM
Glad to hear from you, Miss Daisy, and it is always so encouraging to hear how strong you are..how strong we can be....Hugs to you and Mr. Daisy both!

Musical_Starling
October 18th, 2012, 11:01 PM
Oh Daisy, I'm so happy you peeped in :) Give Mr. D a big hug from me and I hope he only continues to get better every day! Keep peeping in on us so we can know how all is going with you and Mr. D :D

Donna F
October 19th, 2012, 01:30 AM
I've been thinking of you & Mr D. I pray he gets better soon!

dizzyLiz
October 19th, 2012, 02:00 AM
Mrs. Daisy,
Sending prayers up for you and the Mister

All my love,

shannonsaulter
October 19th, 2012, 02:57 AM
Glad you found some time and have a good team helping you. That quilt idea sounds like a keeper..continued prayers for you family.
Shannon (a newbie)

Blondie
October 19th, 2012, 05:47 AM
The peeking in and update is certainly appreciated. Continuing to keep you both in my prayers.

Cathy F
October 19th, 2012, 09:46 AM
Gald to hear Mr. Daisy's doing better and your getting the nursing help you need. Hugs to both of you!

NanaB
October 19th, 2012, 09:55 AM
It is good to hear from you, Daisy. I hope that Mr. D. continues to improve more and more each day. Glad that you have those nurses to give you a bit of a break each day. You and Mr. D. are in my thoughts and prayers.

Jewel
October 19th, 2012, 11:53 AM
So glad to hear from you and to hear Mr. D is having some improvement. Prayers continually being sent your way for all your family.

Jann
October 19th, 2012, 01:30 PM
So very pleased to hear that Mr Daisy is feeling a little better. I would be delighted to help with a charity quilt, so many of us have all been touched by this terrible disease on way or another.