PDA

View Full Version : I'm back!.. well, maybe

Donna F
October 18th, 2012, 10:25 AM
It's been a very rough go of it. I'm on my phone in bad, NOT comfy AT ALL. Actually I'm quite miserable. But anyways, I thought I would drop in and say I'm alive.
Poor hubby is so tired because he's not gotten much sleep, checking up on me every other hour during the night, the first night he was ordered to check every hour. So he's very tired. He is doing what nurses should be doing in a hospital but my PITA insurance won't pay for that. So I'm at home, in bed, always, always trying to find the right position and taking my pain meds every 4 hours to an alarm we set. Poor DH missed my 6am meds so I woke up at 8 and OWIE!! So 1 1/2 hour still waiting on them to kick in with tears.flowing down my face. I just want this to end. I'm trying to distract myself by reading posts and writing replies and if I do type, the pain is searing thru my muscles so I had better stop now. Prayers for M & M Daisy () love ya! And for Pam () so sorry. And everyone else out there needing love & hugs.
Donna

Meli
October 18th, 2012, 10:28 AM
Oh, you poor thing! If I could, I'd come over to your house and give your DH a break and hopefully find a way to make you more comfortable. You're in my thoughts and prayers.

pcbatiks
October 18th, 2012, 10:33 AM
Donna, Hope the pain eases up soon! Rest up and take care of yourself............praying for you!

bec
October 18th, 2012, 10:50 AM
Oh Donna, I am so sorry for you. I hope your pain subsides soon. I am glad that you touched base with us and am glad that DH is taking care of you. Praying for your quick recovery. Hugs.

auntiemern
October 18th, 2012, 11:22 AM
Glad it is over with. I feel for you and your DH. A couple years back I took care of my BF after back surgery. It was hard. She had to be log rolled, and helped out of bed, couldn't even do the simple things like going to the bathroom by herself. she asked me one day while I was taking care of her, and just happened to be wiping her down there, how well I thought I knew her. I said at this point I would have to say pretty d*mn good. Was with her 24/7 for 2 weeks. God Bless you and your DH for what you are both going through. Prayers for both of you.

Sandy Navas
October 18th, 2012, 11:29 AM
Donna, it is great to hear that you are home - albeit not the perfect way to heal. Know that we are thinking of you, continuing prayers and have added your DH to the list because he is suffering along with you. Here's to complete healing . . . and SOON. Be good and follow directions, okay?

janluna
October 18th, 2012, 11:42 AM
Glad surgery is over. Now comes the hard part. Not doing things that could ruin the surgery. God Bless you with healing and recuperation. And God Bless your DH for taking such good care of you. I've had you in prayer right along and will continue. Need any books? I have several I could send. It helps the pain to take your mind somewhere else. Books are a God Send to me. I can change my surroundings, my lifestyle, and live vicariously through the lead character, it helps. Remember, one day at a time, dear girl. Praying for the pain to ease. Love, Hugs, and Prayers, Jan L.

bakermom
October 18th, 2012, 12:38 PM
glad you're back. sorry you're having so much pain.
My DB had back surgery several years ago. i know the first few days were rough for him, even after staying overnight at the hospital.

SuzyQue
October 18th, 2012, 01:32 PM
Prayers said to relieve your pain. Please do all you can to follow the Dr's orders and get well soon. Pain is no fun!

Donna F
October 18th, 2012, 01:33 PM
Once I can move better and without much help I'm going to do some needle work. Thank you Jan. Right now even to shift in bed DH has to help me. The surgeon cut & sliced my back muscles so I can move so well. The bandages come off tonight and possibly a little clean up if I'm up to it. Can't wait yea (not really). Thanks for each and every prayer. I need them!
Donna

lilmouse
October 18th, 2012, 01:33 PM
Keeping you in prayer, you and the family, caregiving can be as stressful as the one you are caring for......hope the pain goes away soon and things get better quickly and thanks for posting!

CrazyMtnLady
October 18th, 2012, 01:36 PM
Glad to have you check in. You are in my prayers for a speedy recovery. I would call the doctor and see if you can up your pain meds, if they are not lasting the 4 hours. It is possible he will change the dosage or have you take them more often. You should not have to suffer in pain waiting for you next dose.

HandsOffItsMine
October 18th, 2012, 01:41 PM
Donna, you know that we're praying for you. :) Oy, I remember wanting to skoot (sp?) up in bed and it would be sooo painful just to move those 2 inches. I feel for Michael on the lack of sleep and now the guilt of missing the dose. :( I'm hoping that you're back on track with the pain meds since I'm six hours behind.

Sleep is good, that's when you heal, lots of cat naps during the day. :)

Love and hugs, Ruby and Don

bkthomas
October 18th, 2012, 01:57 PM
My heart goes out to you Donna, Thanks for giving us an update - Hugs Love and prayers!!!

sewmuchjan
October 18th, 2012, 02:52 PM
Sending prayers for easing the pain and good naps. Had back surgery in 1999, no fun!!

Hugs, Jan G.

Monique
October 18th, 2012, 04:15 PM
Thinking of you Donna. I hope you feel better soon.

Winniesfriend
October 18th, 2012, 06:58 PM
Glad you managed to pop in and say hi, sorry you are in so much pain, Hope you are able to get up and about soon and get some of your needle work done, continues hugs and prayers for your recovery.

Bailey65
October 18th, 2012, 07:08 PM
Keep your chin up...I am sure better days are coming. I know it isn't helpful now but one day you will be able to look back on this and thank god it's over. Please know that I am prayer for quick relief and a speedy recovery!

Patrice
October 18th, 2012, 07:44 PM
Hope your feeling better this eve. Thinking of you

Bubby
October 18th, 2012, 07:53 PM
Donna....I hope your pain meds kick in and take care of your pain. I hate this for you. I'm keeping you in my prayers, Hon. Barb

Blondie
October 19th, 2012, 05:56 AM
Donna,
You have been so prayed over ~ good to see you here. Can't add anything that hasn't been said here;
Sending you butterfly hugs and kisses - will save the bear hugs for after the recuperation.
Love you, dear one.

MRoy
October 19th, 2012, 08:15 AM
Donna, so glad to see you back. Best wishes for a speedy recovery!

Jess1377
October 19th, 2012, 10:18 AM
Oh boy Donna, my heart goes out to you! Prayers for less pain and a speedy recovery for you being said!!!

Jewel
October 19th, 2012, 11:47 AM
God bless you and your DH, prayers are being said for you for a fast healing and for you both to get some rest.

Donna F
October 19th, 2012, 09:09 PM
Thank you all for your prayers. I slowly wake and readjust in the mornings, can barely speak because of the tube they put down my throat. Mornings are a beast. After a few hours I can pretty much sit up in bed and maybe shuffle to potty. DH helps me by being my "handle". I really should've gotten that walker for my recoup. He took vacation this week and was supposed to go back to work next Tuesday but I have an appt that day to get my staples out (btw DH counted and I have 11 staples in my back & 16 in my hip). So I guess dh goes back next Wednesday instead and I'm not sure what I will do. Dd is here but she's taking care of dgs & with her being a new mommy she has yet to learn to juggle baby & other things ugh! So I guess I'm on my own next Wednesday. I'm still looking for a grabber. Will check Amazon. Anywho. That's my stuggle lately. I did turn my implant on last night for a short time and it works but with all the inflammation its irritating so I turned it off until the swelling goes down a bit.
And yes ladies & gent, I'm minding my BLTs!
Loving soft hugs here, Donna

sewbizzy
October 19th, 2012, 09:13 PM
Donna, my prayers are being sent your way for fast healing...I am having some issues with back pain and bursitis in my left hip....I can't even imagine what pain you are going through...Hugs and Blessings...

BellasQuilts
October 19th, 2012, 10:06 PM
Donna, glad to hear surgery is over. So sorry none of us can be there, cuz you know we would be. Be sure to stay up with your meds, chasing pain away is tough as you know. Sending you and your DH hugs and prayers that you are back on your feet soon.

HandsOffItsMine
October 19th, 2012, 10:23 PM
Gentle hugs through here. :) Ahhh DDs that need to learn to multi task as new mommies. Don't you remember those days. lol

Can you laugh? I remember that I couldn't laugh because my muscles were cut and it hurt like h*ll, took my breath away when I did. Lucky for you, I'm a terrible joke teller, I always crack up before the punch line!!! lol see!!!

Sure hope that the pain will be under control when Michael goes back to work and that DD can at least put the Babe in the play pen when you need her! Gee what a concept, right. :)

Huggers, talk to you on FB.