PDA

View Full Version : Monday Oct 4th Chat and Laughs

Laura108
October 4th, 2010, 03:43 AM
Good Morning ..and Happy Monday.
2 nights of sleep made me feel like a new woman....a little sad tonight is not going well but finally getting sleepy. Sounded like everyone had a nice weekend. Yeah!!
I've been searching high and low for some projects I can do while resting. I saw a beautiful Hexagon flower quilt from 1919 at the sonker festival but can't seem to find a pattern for them. I did also get a few dresenden plates cute ironed and sewn...for chiristmas but that is about it. Blondie its pouring here and I have my fingers crossed your not getting anymore rain....I did love your idea of putting things in plastic then the box...cleave :)
The hardest part of starting a new day on the general chit chat is ...by the time I switch pages I cant remember who said what...LOL
Oh by the way does anyone know how to blow up a pattern ...Here's my idea I saw some curtains I like for my kitchen but wow I didn't like the price...basically they were pointed like the Dresden plate with a another piece in the back handing down about 2 inches longer....embellished with wood buttons.. i'd like to make them and I think i can using the tutorial Jenny did on Dresdens...but I need the Dresden to be size of an 8x11 sheet of copier paper so I have a template...wow can you tell I'm new to all this LOL
I may be able to think better after some sleep...I will try to check on tomorrow Its my first day of every other day Dr appointments....ughh and yeah....I just want to be fixed and peppy again.
I hope everyone's week starts out beautiful and full of love and smooth sailing I mean sewing..haha
hugs and love
Laura

hillbilly
October 4th, 2010, 08:04 AM
I think I can help you with your patterns. Both of them, but I simply can't this morning, or maybe not even today! I am so sorry, but Seth has to go back to his dad's today for 2 weeks, I have to meet him halfway (boo) and I have a baby that caught your insomnia bug. I don't know why he was up so much...he just couldn't sleep. He's usually very very routine...so I am pretty sure he caught your bug.

Have a great day all. Sorry I didn't check in yesterday. It was crazy busy. My life usually is a bit calmer the two weeks Seth is at his dads...but it sure isn't worth the trade off. Seth wants to stay here full time,but his dad has all the money, not us. (seems like in court money wins) We have joint. Two weeks here, two there. Which is a pain for school. I have to spend the morning going over each and every subject to make sure Seth understand his lessons for the next two weeks...which he wont but he makes a good effort.

Well, I gotta go wake up the husband now. Have a wonderful day everyone!!

janluna
October 4th, 2010, 09:44 AM
Good morning to all,
Laura, I am so happy that you feel a little better. Now if we can keep you better it will be wonderful! I could copy and blow up your pattern. If you sent it to me. Do you have the dresden tool? If you do, isn't the biggest blade big enough? Let me know. You'd have to fax it to me or mail it to me. I can't e-mail out. I can only receive an e-mail. Unless I can do something on MSQC, or FB, or snail mail. One way or another I could help. Let me know. Anyway my copier can enlarge up to 100%. Love you Laura, stay feeling better and getting some more rest.
I started my charm pack quilt yesterday. I got 8 blocks sewn together, so I'm on my way. I do laundry today so I'll sew while the machines are working. I hope it turns out ok. I'm nervous it's my first big quilt. It will take a while but I'll get it done. Wish me luck!
Have a wonderful day everyone. Love & Hugs, Jan

ginampls
October 4th, 2010, 10:16 AM
hi ya laura honey... and jan and hilbilly... had a good weekend... slept kinda lastnight took in too much caffine. plus the just weirdness. of my time... a fabulous friend called me her mother has died. and so... a trip is in my future... and basicly it is going to be busy for me... i want Samantha Stevens nose wiggles.... chores and packing... and having my car checked for the trip 3 1/2 hour drive to Fargo... plus contacting abbey school and the like...need to make a list for the week... like return library books. talk to Abbey teacher about leaving town. uffda...busy....

patticakes
October 4th, 2010, 10:48 AM
Good morning all!
Laura - so nice that you are feeling better and dreaming up new projects! How about some yo yos? I can even do those in the car with the cute yo yo maker. Good luck at your appts. this week!
Hillbilly - sounds like you got your hands full! Is Seth's father close by so you don't have a far drive?
Jan - are you using a pattern for your charm pack quilt? which charm pack(s) are you using? Can wait to see pics of your quilt!
Gina - i hear ya on the caffine! I have to make myself "just say no" after 5 pm or I won't be able to go to sleep! So sorry about your friend's mom. You are a good friend to make the trip to support her now. Have a safe trip!

Speaking of last night's sleep - I hardly had any! Well 4 hours because after I finished my stars and practiced some free motion quilting (I think I might be getting alittle better...lol!) I kept waiting for the bf to leave to watch football games with his buddies! Finally he left at 7:15 pm and I hurried to get the sewing machine down on the dining room table and quilted my "Hello Betty" quilt! It took me 3 hours and 15 minutes to do it. The stupid foot pedal kept getting stuck or something and then it would just sew 100 mph on it's own! I would have to pull the plug on it to get it to stop. I kept up all but one time and had to rip some stitches out. What's up with that???? Not sure what was causing it??? Finally went to bed a midnight but have to get up at 4:15am so I am tired today. Is there an icon for "sleepy"?
Can't wait to get out of work so I can work on the binding!
Speaking of work.....bye!

Blondie
October 4th, 2010, 01:05 PM
Good Morning Ladies

Sorry that sleep was elusive for so many last night. Gina, I am sorry for your friend's loss and know that you must be in a fog about right now.

I washed all the scraps yesterday, spent a good part of last night pressing them out, once I untied all the knots they had become. I still have a more knotted up than pressed but at least they are clean!

Starting a pot of homemade chicken noodle soup for the week. It is so gorgeous here today. The sun is out, it won't get above 60, the breeze is nippy - yay, everything I love! Even hubs is home from work because school is closed today. We got up as usual and realized it was a free day, and took advantage of a few more winks.

Have an enjoyable day.

janluna
October 4th, 2010, 01:08 PM
Patti, I'm using "Wildrose" by Brannock & Patek for Moda. I'm just sewing the charms together randomly. Is there a design that would work better? I'm all ears.. uh.. eyes if you have any ideas. :icon_wave:

Laura108
October 4th, 2010, 02:23 PM
Happy Afternoon All.
Doctor went well. Another shot of Heparin..and its making me freeze but if it helps then so be it.
I go again tomorrow for more blood work and again Wednesday to the Cardiologist for my echo....yeahh!! I feel like were getting somewhere ..I even hugged the girl who took my heart monitor today I caught a few episodes (hate that word) but ...in the end I will be all fixed.
Did not sleep very well but I know to rest when tired now ..lol ....I am very sorry I have passed it to you all and to a baby...so not good. I've gotton two loads of laundry done...Making 3 dishes of banana pudding from scratch ...ooooo so yummy. Pork roast slow roasting on the rotissarie ( I love my Europro) Making mashed potatoes gravy and steamed broccoli for dinner. My sister and Rodney work too hard and since Im home with energy finally ....Im taking over the cooking which I love :) ;)
Blondie is certianly is surprising how many threads you end up when you wash fabric and what a mess...I love your spunk about tackling it :) Glad hubby has the day off.
I put my sewing machine out on the deck and ran an extention cord LOL....so Im sewing in the cool crisp air and sunshine that VA has offered today. Right now its soaking up the sun without me until I get the pudding done..and fold a load but its my inspiration :)
PattiCakes Ive only had one machine that did that speed like a demon I took it apart blew out the dust and thank heavens it worked fine after. I think it does it ....to make us wanna tear our hair out ...haha Hope work goes fast for you today.
Gina I just love you...I do the Bewitched fold my arms and twitch my nose all the time it never works LOL but one day when it does .....I will probally faint cold ..lol
Im sorry about your friends mother's death and think you are wonderful for going...it will mean so much to her to get real hugs and love
Hilllbilly ....girl you have a lot on your plate dont worry about helping me with a pattern I think I have it ok I used graph paper and it looks good...going to cut it out and use Jenny's tutorial which I do always anyway even if I think I know what Im doing to make perfect points. Im so cheap but Park Lane Curtians are wayyy to expensive and WE are woman ...we can do it ourselves LOL...)ok maybe can...haha
Jan your quilt sounds fun and perfect for you....go you...waving :icon_wave::icon_wave: my cheerleader pom poms for you and also those wild swappers who we adore. Hope its going great for them...
Well I think im feeling better I wrote a book...LOL sorry guys...
hugs and love...and sunshine today .....enjoy :)
PS Just in case I didnt tell you today Jan....Im so happy you are in my life xoxo

janluna
October 4th, 2010, 04:11 PM
I love you too sweetie. xoxox back at you! Take it easy girl don't do too much! Rest in between your little jaunts to the kitchen and your sewing machine, and the laundry. She's gonna be the death of me for worrying about her. Laura take it easy hear? Love you baby!
:icon_rolleyes: :icon_scared:

hillbilly
October 4th, 2010, 04:56 PM
Random happy thought:

I just love watching a 9 month old boy get into everything. I think it's cute and fun to watch him discover. He makes extra messes, but this I don't mind at all.

janluna
October 4th, 2010, 05:31 PM
I use to love it when my kids got into the kitchen pots and pans cupboard. And then they made music with the crashing of pots and pans and lids. LOL Of course I had to wash them all so I could make dinner. But it was fun to watch. We used to have basketball courts that involved shooting baskets with your dirty clothes. Hey it got the dirty clothes into the hamper. And then when they were teenagers they used to play toss and catch with the groceries to put them away. That was a little nerve racking... all right very nerve racking! I used to leave the room. My husband, the biggest kid, started that! With the understanding if anything got destroyed he had to go back to the store. They very seldom had to, which is still amazing to me. The boys were football players and lacrosse players. Thank God He knew enough to make me a mother of boys. My daughter didn't come along till later. Then again she was a tomboy. Those were the days! LOL And people wonder why I'm :icon_crazy:

patticakes
October 4th, 2010, 07:19 PM
Patti, I'm using "Wildrose" by Brannock & Patek for Moda. I'm just sewing the charms together randomly. Is there a design that would work better? I'm all ears.. uh.. eyes if you have any ideas. :icon_wave:

No Jan I just have a few random charm packs that I just don't know what to do with them and thought you might have a pattern. Random sounds like the way to go!

janluna
October 4th, 2010, 07:54 PM
I'm doing the charm quilt that Jenny had a tutorial on. It takes 5 charm packs and makes a twin size quilt. I also want to do her circle quilt. That is a bigger quilt. I just thought I'd start easy and do simple stuff. :icon_wave:

Blondie
October 4th, 2010, 08:16 PM
Hillbilly - glad you have that bundle of joy. And better you to have the kiddos strewn out in age than me. LOL. But I do remember those perfect little rosebud mouths, slobbering from cutting teeth, tufts of hair in incongruous spots on the head and wobbly legs. God bless the little ones. You are most fortunate!

Laura, sounds like you are doing so much better - now listen to Jan! Rest baby girl, rest.
And yep, threads from scraps are in a big pillow case now in a tote. I will separate and press as I need them.

Patticakes, have never had that with a sewing machine but did with a auto once. I learned how to brake real fast! Praise God it was a back road with no traffic. Hope you don't have that happen again.

janluna
October 4th, 2010, 11:01 PM
I had the auto thing happen on I90 on the NYS thruway. It was very scary I couldn't get it to stop and I couldn't get the car stopped either. I was doing 85 down the thruway. Finally saw an off ramp into a truck stop. Took it at 85. Went where the big rigs go and literally stood with both feet on the brake and threw it into neutral and shut the key off. They had a gas station. After I calmed down and could stand on shaky legs, I walked over and told the guy what happened. He walked back with me to the car and opened the hood showed me the spring that is attached to the accelerator. It was all stretched out on one side. He took it off, turned it around, put the springy part back on the accelerator and it worked fine. That is one repair I will never forget how to do! I was terrified. I was driving in and out of cars trying not to hit anyone. I hope it never happens again.

pdjewelrylady
October 5th, 2010, 12:02 AM
had a really good FUN day today! went dress shopping in the morning to try and find a "mother of the bride" dress - forgt it! they all were ugly ugly icky!! bought a plain aline tan strapless and then went to Joannes and bought 4 yards of chiffon in a beige glimmery wonderful filmy perfect fabric and created an overskirt to go over the store bought dress! I LOVE it!! add just the right jewelry (Crystal Clear ensemble) ....... perfect for me - YAY!!! :D

pdjewelrylady
October 5th, 2010, 12:19 AM
Jan! that sounds really scarey - don't do that again (unless you are getting paid big bucks on a movie set!!) LOL

craftyladysam
October 5th, 2010, 01:40 AM
Jan, I'm interested to know what kind of car you have? You may have said earlier but didn't see it. You were so brave! Glad you didn't get hurt!

Blondie
October 5th, 2010, 08:32 AM
I had the auto thing happen on I90 on the NYS thruway. It was very scary I couldn't get it to stop and I couldn't get the car stopped either. I was doing 85 down the thruway. Finally saw an off ramp into a truck stop. Took it at 85. Went where the big rigs go and literally stood with both feet on the brake and threw it into neutral and shut the key off. They had a gas station. After I calmed down and could stand on shaky legs, I walked over and told the guy what happened. He walked back with me to the car and opened the hood showed me the spring that is attached to the accelerator. It was all stretched out on one side. He took it off, turned it around, put the springy part back on the accelerator and it worked fine. That is one repair I will never forget how to do! I was terrified. I was driving in and out of cars trying not to hit anyone. I hope it never happens again.

Oh my! Your angels lost a few feathers keeping you safe! Thank the Lord you are safe! Wondering if it was one of the cars that have been having recalls?
Bet you couldn't stand without shaking for quite awhile. hugs

janluna
October 5th, 2010, 10:38 AM
No it was my sons Plymouth van. And it was old and worn out. This happened a few years ago. The guy said all cars have the capacity to do this if that spring gets to old. You are right about standing. Not only that I was bruised when I hit the roof and the windshield when I turned the car off. I just sat in a sputtering car and shook all over. I must have sat a good half an hour before I could walk. And you are right about angel feathers. I think mine and a few other peoples angels were with us that day. And if I do say so myself some fancy driving! LOL :icon_rofl:

janluna
October 5th, 2010, 10:43 AM
had a really good FUN day today! went dress shopping in the morning to try and find a "mother of the bride" dress - forgt it! they all were ugly ugly icky!! bought a plain aline tan strapless and then went to Joannes and bought 4 yards of chiffon in a beige glimmery wonderful filmy perfect fabric and created an overskirt to go over the store bought dress! I LOVE it!! add just the right jewelry (Crystal Clear ensemble) ....... perfect for me - YAY!!! :D

That sounds so pretty. I should do something like that for my nephews wedding. That happens the 23rd of Oct. You all are so creative.