PDA

View Full Version : Thursday

Blondie
October 18th, 2012, 06:44 AM

Happy Thursday folksies

Gosh, I have not gotten much accomplished this week because of having to do running; I am thankful for the rainy day we had so that I could actually get some stuff done. It's all good, though. Mom had a good report, we had a group hug with Dr. Dvorsky and then grabbed a burger.

I continue to thank the good Lord for this wonderful group of caring, sharing quilters. Praying for those who need a touch, healing, hugs ~ thankful that we are never really alone.

Have a wonderful day! As my signature line says ~ Do the Math. Count your blessings. And then SMILE

dwil23
October 18th, 2012, 07:12 AM
This is my last day of freedom. Tomorrow night I go back to work. It has been nice being home for the past few weeks. I had hoped to get alot more done, especially in the quilting dept. I still have alot to do between now and Christmas. I am sad to go back, but very thankful that I have a job to go back to.

Remembering those who are sick and grieving in prayer today.

Monique
October 18th, 2012, 08:13 AM
Good morning. Thursday huh. The gang arrives tomorrow. I am still stressing over that dog that is coming. I am petrified of dogs and this one is no exception. Although, Greg & Roxy are bringing the kennel for her. My baby arrives too. Ohhh cuddles.

Today I will finish up the cleaning. Yesterday was a bust. Did a whole lot of nothing. I did get the xray done on my foot. It will be a week before the doc gets that report.

(Psst, secret buddy, I really really like today's daily deal. LOL!!)

Well that is about it for me. Has anyone seen or heard from Brittyboo. I did send her a message. I have been missing her.

Have a wonderful day everyone. It is supposed to be an exceptionally warm and sunny day today.

MRoy
October 18th, 2012, 08:13 AM
Good morning...Blondie, I'm glad it went well for your mom yesterday. I spent yesterday evening fixing a birthday gift for DH's favorite aunt. She'll be 91 years young tomorrow. She's throwing her own b-day party/supper Saturday night. :)

Thinking of all those going through difficult times...((((HUGS))))

MayinJerset
October 18th, 2012, 08:21 AM
Like Blondie I'm thankful for the great group I've found here and am sending my prayers and hugs to all who are hurting today. Glad her Mom did good at drs, so did I at my ortho appointment only I got a nice handshake instead of a hug. Arthritis hasn't advanced much in the past 3 years and I've finally accepted that my mobility has become limited and live with that. Gee, I better let DS#3 I'm not running with him in the Marine Corps Marathon in DC end of this month.

This morning I need to finish laundry I began yesterday afternoon, gal from my small quilt/book group stopped by so we had to have tea and talk a bit and laundry was forgotten about. This afternoon I'm taking my BFF out for a belated Bday lunch. Picked a small local place that has some nice quiet corners where we can sit, eat and catch up with stuff. We've been talking on the phone or had coffee at our homes but our DH's are always hanging around nearby and we need to do some real serious Girl Talk today. Have to remember to take photo of the Fall tabletopper I made her for her Bday before I gift wrap it.

DH is up early so coffee is done and I'm getting my cup to begin my day. He's going the a late morning meeting of SAGE, the senior group that meets at local college. This month a political science professor will be discussing with them the upcoming presidental elections. DH spends a lot of time at the college taking photography or history classes. I don't join him there as I worked at the college and took all the courses I ever wanted to, even got my AA in Art so I'm done with it. Hardly anyone I knew is there, everyone has retired and since the college had doubled in size I can't find my way around the campus. College has many large buildings on acres of land that was donated by the family that were the orginal settlers.

Madeforyouinma11
October 18th, 2012, 08:43 AM
Good morning everyone. I have not been here for awhile because I've been crazy busy trying to get ready for the craft fair in two weeks. I've checked in once in awhile in between but never stay for too long. I've continued sending prayers for all those in need. Well, I'm going to do a little more reading and then it's back to the sewing room. I just wanted to check in and say hello.
Continuing my prayers and hoping everyone has a great day.

Bubby
October 18th, 2012, 08:48 AM
Morning!

I have another busy day of painting ahead of me. After today I should have the kitchen of the old house pretty much under control. I still need to do some basic cleaning and make some valances. Then it's off to paint several rooms. After kitchen cabinets, rooms sound so easy!

We caught the tail end of a bad storm with very high wind last night. We're very thankful we had no damage, although was a lot of fairly large hail.

Blondie, so glad Mom got a good report! When I paint I pray for those on our forum with needs...that's been the best part of my project.

I'll check in later....I have to get to work. Hugs All Around, Barb

lilmouse
October 18th, 2012, 09:11 AM
Morning everyone...as soon as I can get my girlfriend here we will take some pictures of my sewing studio.....Steve hung all my rulers up for me...didn't realize I had so many....last count 24 rulers...all hanging on the walls...he also hung up some of my counted cross stitch stuff I had made years ago (before the quilting bug bit me...and boy did it bite hard). So I wanted everyone to see how pretty it looks now! Also bought some of my favorite containers yesterday...had them full in 5 minutes flat....honest...didn't take long at all; sure I will be buying more...I have so much "stuff".
Thinking of everyone here in need of prayers and hugs...love to all and SMILE!

Sandy Navas
October 18th, 2012, 11:23 AM
Good Morning. Greetings from WINDY NW Missouri. The way this wind is whipping through here we'll be lucky if we have any branches for the leaves to cling to much longer.

I am so saddened to hear the passing of Lane Goodwin. What a brave young man. I agree, no one should ever have to bury their child and we'll never understand why this happens.

More sewing for me today. I have two of the little girls telling me that someone has more aprons than they do, and one needs a new apron with TWO pockets - one to put a girl kitten in and the other to put a boy kitten in. Need to do some ripping this morning as the jeans-leg aprons I made are too wide at the top. Pretty easy fix though.

Nothing else to report here. So, I'll offer up my prayers and contemplate things I'll never understand. Here's to all my wonderful friends.

janluna
October 18th, 2012, 11:25 AM
Good Morning Everyone! Praying for Pam and her family. And of course everyone else in need. I was late in feeding the birds this morning. I usually feed them at 7:30. Today it was 9:22. Tara was not happy! LOL I didn't turn Sesame Street on first like usual, so she said, "where's Elmo!??!!" I said, "sorry Tara, I'll get right on it!." The tv came on, no Elmo as he doesn't start until 10 A. M. Two minutes after 10, I heard her yell, " Woo Hoo Elmo!!!" She is just too funny. Love my birds. Started the laundry. Got coffee for my DH, and now I'm drinking my coffee and reading the "Mail" here. I love this site. Love talking to all of you. Not that I have any earth shaking news to report. I'll let the people from Maine talk about that! lol Blondie, I'm so happy that Mama got a good report. God Bless her, she is one remarkable Lady! Then again so are her Daughters. Well, I'm gonna sew between loads of laundry today. I'm ignoring the rest of the housework. I'm so bad, I do that often. Just can't do much of anything because of my back. I've been collecting recipes that are good for you, on the web. I've lost another 7 pounds. YAY!!! I told my Dr. that I was trying, but that I've been known to cheat and eat ice cream or pudding before bed. He said, "Hey a girl has to have some fun!" LOL I'm down to 190 from 242. Not proud of myself for getting that big. I have been eating anything I want but not as much as I'd like. lol Everything in moderation. I just think, Eat half of what's on my plate. Works for me. Now I tend to put less food on it in the first place. Now if I could just get my Joe to do the same. He was doing good, until business got skimpy and the taxes came due. We got them paid, and now he's doing better. He is a compulsive eater. If he is worried about something, I know about it by how much he puts on his plate. I keep trying to cook less and less food. It's working as he is starting to lose too. Love, Hugs, and Prayers for all of you, Jan L.

auntiemern
October 18th, 2012, 11:40 AM
good morning all. Got to Rhonda's late afternoon, and did manage to get 4 placemats finished and 3 more bound and1 table runner finished piecing. But as luck would have it, I forgot my snowbabies at home, so I get to drive an hour one way to meet DH so he can bring them to me. I am pretty annoyed at losing at least 2hrs cuz I forgot them. they had been moved, and weren't sitting with the reat of my menagerie. Will get done what I can. That is all I can do. Hugs and blessings to all, and prayers for those in need. And by reading some of the post some need them really bad. Hang in there all.

EnumclawGramma
October 18th, 2012, 12:37 PM
Good Morning all. It seems like sort of a strange day here. My DD slept in and had to wear damp clothes to work, DGD didn't want to get up AT ALL, no milk for my coffee, and the fire is stuggling! On the bright side the sunrise was GLORIOUS! I've got plenty of work to do here today, work tomorrow. I started making my quilt top from my Halloween blocks from the swap. I think it's going to be fun. I have finished up 5 table runners (tops only) I'm giving as gifts at Christmas, I'm really happy with the way they're turning out and I'll post pics when done!

There sure are a lot of us needing prayer lately. I keep you all in my heart and prayers as I go through my days. Hugs to all and wishes for a good Thursday for us all.....

shannonsaulter
October 18th, 2012, 12:50 PM
GM to all...Blondie that great...I bet the burger was good to...it into work 3 hrs early today but off early to so it works out...I am excited for my new sewing table to come and will just have to wait...Hope evryone has a great day probably gonna be a scorcher here again..90's...Blah I want fall!

CrazyMtnLady
October 18th, 2012, 01:26 PM
Good Day all. Did not get out of bed to early this morning and as soon as I did I hit the hot tub for a long soak! Then DH took the computer to check his auctions he has going, so I am late in getting on here.

Been tracing a lot of patterns for wall-hangings and hopefully I will get some appliques ready to go. I also have another of my baby quilts almost done FMQing. I haven't decided how I want to quilt the last 4 blocks, either meandering or try to FMQ hearts. I may practice the hearts and then decide.

Hugs and prayers to all in need.

aliaslaceygreen
October 18th, 2012, 10:53 PM
9:50 PM and I am just getting around to checking in!! I think it may continue thusly for a bit...
Work tomorrow, then Modern Quilt Guild Meeting, then go get Layla for the weekend...

Then, must get some quilty things going so I have them for Houston! Postcards and Mug rugs and ATC's ...all up there in my head, but I love to sleep too much (and putz on the computer) and you know, do all that housework and stuff....

Anyway, I hope you are all behaving... hugs to those in need, and I know there are a lot of you....
Take care,
Trish

BellasQuilts
October 18th, 2012, 11:10 PM
Got up today at 2:30 am to catch a plane to Cincinnati for a tradeshow. I am getting too old for these. Need a younger crowd to do these. Glad to hear your mama is doing good, Blondie. Nice to hear good news since so many are in need of prayers lately. Jan, glad you are achieving your goal to lose weight. I'm static lately - don't go up, don't go down. Stupid menopause anyways. Well, wish me luck with the tradeshow.