PDA

View Full Version : Wednesday

Blondie
October 17th, 2012, 07:44 AM

Hello Folksies

I really was up a few hours ago; groggy headed so I laid back down after hubs left for work and wellsir, here I am. I missed out on a good hour of alone time with a good cup of coffee. That sofa sure was comfy. But here I am, trying to shake the cobbies out and refill that cold cuppa.

I am saddened for Pam's loss, praying for peace and comfort for the family.

I expect a clean bill of health for my own Mom today when we go to the dr's. I love her oncologist and his gentle soul and corny sense of humor. He gave us such a realistic view for my Daddy and helped us realize the inevitable, all the while allowing us to draw upon our faith.

Yesterday was such a beautiful fall day. Crisp morning, warm sunshine and a pile of leaves that just kept falling. Our property is loaded with oak and maples. Mostly oak and they are ancient trees, shading many many generations from the heat and providing mountains of leaves for said generations to rake and play in.

Have a wonderful day, dear ones. Smile for the beauty in each new day.

Bubby
October 17th, 2012, 07:50 AM
Good Morning,

All is well in my little corner of the world. I have more painting at the old house on my agenda today. A few more days of this and the kitchen cabinets will be done. There is sooooo much more that has to be done after that.

We stayed up late last night watching the debate and the commentaries afterwards. So much so it was hard for me to get out of bed again this morning.

So many of our friends here need prayer...let's not forget Douwe, Mr & Mrs D and Pam.

I have to go for now, but will check in later....Hugs, Barb

MRoy
October 17th, 2012, 07:58 AM
Good morning. Blondie, I hope your mom gets a good report from her doctor today. It's good to have a doctor you can rely on. The maples in my yard haven't dropped many leaves yet, they're still pretty green too.

Pam and her family are especially in my thoughts and prayers today. Everyone here is also in my prayers daily. Many seem to be going through difficult times and a kind word of support can mean so much.

dwil23
October 17th, 2012, 07:58 AM
Not a lot planned here today for me. Just the usual. Reading about Pam's Mom brings back alot of memories from my own Mom's illness and death 16 years ago. I know what she is going through and am thinking of her, as well as the others who are hurting.

Enjoy the beauty around you, wherever you may be.

quilter.martha
October 17th, 2012, 08:02 AM
Morning to you all--

We felt the earthquake last night that was centered in Maine. Shake rattle and roll. I'm glad it was a small one--I've been in much, much bigger ones. I do NOT like the feeling.

I'm trying to get back into my routine since being sick. Boy, it is taking forever to feel normal. Yesterday I managed to work 6 hours before I had to call it quits and go home. Today I go to the doctor for a post-check and also work. I'm so thankful I can pace myself with work, but the pile of work is building and that stresses me out.

My DH is coming home tomorrow for a short visit! She is coming to surprise our son for his birthday. I cannot wait to see her. It really hasn't been that long since she moved (early June), but it feels like a lifetime. I hope to spend every possible moment with her.

Prayers for so many are needed here on the forum. I pray the Lord will bless and keep each one of you safe and whole today.

Monique
October 17th, 2012, 09:19 AM
Good morning friends. Had a great morning quilting. I did deliver a quilt for a friend who just had surgery for colon cancer. She says she is now cancer free. That is wonderful to hear.

I spent the afternoon trying to get both bedrooms cleaned. I need to make room for everyone. Today I go with hubby to remove this mother's air conditioner and will get the xray done on my ankle while we are in town. There has been a terrible knocking noise on my van that has been driving me crazy. On the way home, I stopped at our garage just down the street and told Ken he needed to drive it to know what kind of noise it was making. It was the shocks. Sounds good as new now.

Well off to town. Have a wonderful day friends.

CrazyMtnLady
October 17th, 2012, 10:23 AM
Finally drug myself out of bed. My body is one big muscle cramp! As soon as my coffee is ready I am going to drown in the hot tub! My legs and back were cramping up all night.

Had a great day yesterday, went riding on the motorcycle to town and visited with a friend before going to the store and heading home. Got some more batting, bobbins and black and white thread. It was fun coming home with the bike loaded down with groceries. I even got myself some Merlot. That was in the nose of the sidecar by my feet.

Not much planned today except the hot tub! May do some sewing.

Hugs to all those in need. My thoughts are especially with Pam today, God Bless her.

MayinJerset
October 17th, 2012, 10:25 AM
Good morning, Beautiful day out but like Blondie I woke up early feeling achy so I 'rested' a bit on the couch to catch up with the News on TV and conked out for a good hour. Hope Blondie's Mom gets a good bill of health.

I have an appointment this morning with my orthopedic doctor's RN Practioneer, a follow up of my visit with dr. 6 weeks ago. Nothing really to follow up as he and I just talked about my arthritis while he felt my knee and ankles and bent my leg. Although I don't anticipate any problems I'm always apprehensive whenever I go to the doctors. Forrgettaabout going to the dentist, I don't even like to drive past his building, LOL!

Feeling so sad and helpless about our Pam's heartache and know that all of our prayers are a comfort to her.

I'll be stopping at Joann's on the way home, haven't been there in awhile but need to replace my 6 1/2 and 9 1/2 square rulers. I have had them for many years and the bottom right hand corners on both have been worn away by the rotary cutter. Keep well everyone, Hugs, May

Sandy Navas
October 17th, 2012, 10:27 AM
This is starting out to be such a sad day - the loss of family members, the agony following surgeries, the raging sickness that goes along with bone marrow transplants, that ugly C word popping up all over the place. There is more of it than we can comprehend. My prayer list keeps getting longer and longer.

Back to sewing today. I love these days when I can simply ignore the rest of the world around me and hide in my lair. I just wish my stamina were greater so I could accomplish more. Guess if I'd quit adding to my lists of things to do then I would feel more on top of things when I did finish a project or two.

Sending prayer, hugs, encouragement, blessings to all.

Granny Judy
October 17th, 2012, 11:12 AM
Hello, dear friends. Starting my day with lots of prayers for our families who are in Need!! There is alot of love headed out over the cyber waves to them all.

I have a follow up appointment with the arthritis Doc this afternoon. Maybe I'll get a name to go along with all these aches and pains. Nothing new for me since I've been this way for years... I called it "aging" but who knew it had a proper name?? Let's see which one I get.

I have the Restless Leg problem solved with taking Calcium and Osteo Bi-flex.. just make sure there is magnesium
and zinc in them as the body can't use the Calcium without those other 2 minerals.. Sure stopped the cramping and irritable need to move them when at rest. Also Tai Chi helps.. stretches those muscles plus alot of other great benefits from staying active.

I hope everyone is enjoying these last few days of sunshine, bright colors from the trees and getting to do a few things to keep us sane and happy.. like Quilting!! I sure love those Aprons that Sandy is making...

I hope to get the Carpenter's Wheel block figured out today.. it calls for Half Square Triangles instead of diamond shapes.... I'll be happy to share once I get it together..

lilmouse
October 17th, 2012, 11:29 AM
Morning everyone...prayers going out for all that need them....Steve is home...Yeah! He had to go and deliver a load and then should be back home for a few days before he has to go back out again....doing his laundry now...have dishes to do...he's taking me out to eat later....while he's gone I am going to get dishes done and a few other things taken care of....finish the quilt I have on the machine and move on to the next one.....yesterday I rearranged the sewing room and like it much better this way...Steve is going to hang a picture for me in there and put some nails up to hold all of my rulers....will clear half of my cutting table off....beyond that nothing new going on....Sassi is so glad her daddy is home.....no time for me unless he yells at her....then she's my girl...otherwise I don't even exist!!!!! Spoiled little brat! Keeping Pam and Baby Luke in prayer as well as Donna, Blondie's Mom and a host of others....has anyone heard from Ms. Daisy? Worried about her! Love and hugs to everyone...Susie

aliaslaceygreen
October 17th, 2012, 11:38 AM
Good morning..... sending out all the hugs and healing thoughts to all those in need this morning....

Looks to be a sunny day in this corner of the world! I work till 10 tonight and will probably be crashing the moment I get in because sleep was missing last night....don't know if it was the new meds or the hype of the debate, but I am missing some ZZZZZZ's...

Take care, all!

cyndiofthevortex
October 17th, 2012, 12:34 PM
Babysitting today for DGSs while DD takes DS#5 to try to get his driver's license. I am praying he doesn't have to wait for hours at the DMV and that he easily passes all of the tests. It will be a great blessing to our family to have another driver.

Enjoyed the Debate Party we had last night and plan on one more before the election. One of our guests brought the best apple crisp I've ever eaten. I love apple season. I have mixed feelings about the debate.

Going to run the Bake Sale at the library tonight. I'm very active in the Friends group here in Farmington and will enjoy helping them make some money to support one of the best small town libraries in NH. They get every quilt book I recommend! They rock.

I had the 2 DGSs while we felt the earthquake that was centered in Maine last night. What a weird feeling! The kids were stomping around and didn't feel it at all, but boy did Bethany run over from her house next door to make sure her boys were alright! That's a what good moms do.

shannonsaulter
October 17th, 2012, 02:23 PM
Hi everyone,
For me it's Monday and back to work...keeping Pam in my thoughts such a hard thing...not much else here for,now TC..

MayinJerset
October 17th, 2012, 03:00 PM
Granny Judy , I just had my follow appointment at orthropedic's docs. New procedure for check up, first computer scale weigh in (thank goodness there was no change from 2 month's ago weigh in at primary doc), next computerized BP check and then wait for RN Practioneer. She said aches and pains are normal with arthrithis and aging so let me know if you get an 'official' name for it. She was very pleased that I'm stable with my arthritis and to keep up my plan to do at least one actitiviity a day to keep me moving and groving. I do move, slowly but surely, but I no longer can grove, LOL! May

Jean Sewing Machine
October 17th, 2012, 04:18 PM
Morning everyone...prayers going out for all that need them....Steve is home...Yeah! He had to go and deliver a load and then should be back home for a few days before he has to go back out again....doing his laundry now...have dishes to do...he's taking me out to eat later....while he's gone I am going to get dishes done and a few other things taken care of....finish the quilt I have on the machine and move on to the next one.....yesterday I rearranged the sewing room and like it much better this way...Steve is going to hang a picture for me in there and put some nails up to hold all of my rulers....will clear half of my cutting table off....beyond that nothing new going on....Sassi is so glad her daddy is home.....no time for me unless he yells at her....then she's my girl...otherwise I don't even exist!!!!! Spoiled little brat! Keeping Pam and Baby Luke in prayer as well as Donna, Blondie's Mom and a host of others....has anyone heard from Ms. Daisy? Worried about her! Love and hugs to everyone...Susie
She asked me to post an update, which I did last night. He is very ill right now.

lilmouse
October 18th, 2012, 01:56 AM
Thanks Jean, I read the update! Keeping both of them in prayer!