PDA

View Full Version : Mom Update 10/15/12

phoots
October 15th, 2012, 03:50 PM
My Dad found a living will that my Mom had signed. Yesterday the doctor asked us to wait 48 hours, which we are doing. So, as much as I appreciate all the prayers, tomorrow night we will make the decision to turn off the machines. Mom isn't getting any better. The pneumonia keeps getting worse. We found out yesterday that she no longer feels any pain, has no gag reflex, and her eyes won't stay closed. Her liver has quit functioning.

This is really hard, but we will all survive. We will be stronger after our grief.

Love to all,
Pam in Vegas (by way of Kingman)

Jean Sewing Machine
October 15th, 2012, 03:55 PM
Gosh, Pam, I'm so sorry to hear that things have gotten that bad for your mom. I know this is difficult for you. The decisions are so difficult. But your mom knew what she wanted. My mom did the same, and we honored her wishes. It was hard to lose her, but she didn't want to be kept alive by machines. It is more difficult if they are on machines and you have to say turn them off. You will be in my prayers, as will your mom and dad during this difficult time.

K. McEuen
October 15th, 2012, 03:55 PM
I'm sorry that you all had to go through this. It's not an easy thing to deal with, especially when it was so unexpected. Take care, you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

Sandy Navas
October 15th, 2012, 04:25 PM
Jean has said it best - just know that we're saying prayers to ease you and the whole family through this. Be sure to spend your time and tell her how much you will miss her - she'll hear and appreciate it, even if she doesn't answer back. Hugs to you!

bkthomas
October 15th, 2012, 04:34 PM
What they said........I am so sorry Pam - We Love you!!!

kelliedi
October 15th, 2012, 04:44 PM
Pam hugs and prayer to you and your family at this difficult time. Remember that you and your family are enacting what your mom wanted., kellie

janluna
October 15th, 2012, 04:49 PM
Pam, she can hear you. Hearing is one of the last senses to go. I'm so sorry you have to go through this. And I will be praying for all of you. Your Dad is going to need your help. Grieve, but stay strong for him. Cry, it helps. I'm crying for you and your family. God Bless you all, and God Bless your Mom. Remember what Jesus said, "In my Father's house, there are many mansions, I go before you to prepare a place."..... Your Mom will set up housekeeping for all of you. With God's help, you will get through, lean on Him. Love, Hugs, and Prayers, Jan
(((((((((((((((((((Pam, Dad, Sis, & Mom)))))))))))))))))))))))

Musical_Starling
October 15th, 2012, 05:42 PM
Hugs for you and your family Pam. My thoughts and prayers are with all of you during this difficult time. I don't know what else to say, as everyone else has already said it all.

buckeyequilter
October 15th, 2012, 05:53 PM
Hugs and prayers to you Pam and to your family. I know how hard it is to watch while a mother slips away - all we can do is hold their hand and let them know we are with them.

sewmuchjan
October 15th, 2012, 05:53 PM
Yes Pam it has been said by all above, prayers and comfort for you and your Dad, and blessings for your Mom.

(((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))
Love, Jan G.

quilter.martha
October 15th, 2012, 06:05 PM
Oh Pam, my heart hurts so much for you. I know what you are experiencing, just having lost my own mother last December. Hang in there dear, we are all pulling for you. Praying God will give you all strength to say good-bye and do the right thing.

Winniesfriend
October 15th, 2012, 06:12 PM
Continued hugs and prayers to you and your family, I am glad that your mum made a living will and hope that it helps with the decision to take the machines away....

CrazyMtnLady
October 15th, 2012, 07:13 PM
Pam, my heart breaks for you. I know this is going to be a rough time now but you are strong and God will help you through it. Remember you are in our prayers.

EsGrandma
October 15th, 2012, 07:25 PM
Dear Pam, You are honoring your mom's wishes - our prayers and thoughts are with you. Linda

Monique
October 15th, 2012, 07:56 PM
My heart goes out to you and your family. I can not imagine what you have to go through, but if nothing else, I am with you in spirit holding your hand. Take care, my friend.

bopeep
October 15th, 2012, 08:14 PM
Pam......I am so sorry to hear this....just know you are in my Prayers
{{{{{HUGS}}}}} & {{{{{{{PRAYERS}}}}}}}
bopeep

Aprilisslowlylearntoquilt
October 15th, 2012, 08:16 PM
Oh Pam, I am so sorry you are going through this, my heart is breaking for you and your dad, but i am so glad your dad found her living will...When my husband died at 47, he was hanging on for me and our children, he was on life support, i had to tell him it was ok, and that i would be ok and and the kids would be ok, he heard every word, he passed within minutes, please talk to her, tell her everything you want her to know, and your dad too, as heartbreaking as it all is, she needs to know.....huggs and prayers to you and your family Pam....

Bubby
October 15th, 2012, 08:17 PM
A living will is a gift you leave for those left behind. It removes that dificult decision from you so you can have peace. I'm so sorry about your Mom and pray that she will go in peace in the arms of Christ. My hugs and prayers are with you and your family, Pam.

RFREE
October 15th, 2012, 09:05 PM
I am so sorry to hear this Pam. Honor your moms wishes as hard as it is to let go. And yes talk to her. She can hear you. Let her know you will all be o.k. I will keep you all in my prayers.

pcbatiks
October 15th, 2012, 09:47 PM
Pam.........so sorry that your family has to go through this.........I'm at a loss for words. But I will be holding you and your family up in prayer.........for strength, peace and comfort!

MRoy
October 15th, 2012, 10:00 PM
Pam, I'm so sorry. I agree with Jan and April. Talk to your mom and tell her how much you love her. Just before my mom passed away, I patted her arm, told her that we loved her and told her not to worry about us kids, that we'd be okay. She passed away within moments. The doctor said that was what she needed to hear. It's hard to let our loved ones go, and my prayers continue for you and your family. (((((((((HUGS)))))))))))

shannonsaulter
October 15th, 2012, 10:14 PM
My prayers are with you and your family in this hard time

BellasQuilts
October 15th, 2012, 10:31 PM
Pam, it is great that you are able to know her wishes. I know this will be difficult, but at least you will have the comfort this is how she wanted it. We are supporting you through this with prayer.

Donna F
October 15th, 2012, 10:33 PM
I'm so sorry Pam. I dunno what to say but I know God is with you and your mom and I know she will be out of pain soon. I'm so sorry.
Donna

bec
October 15th, 2012, 11:05 PM
I'm so sorry Pam. That is a hard decision to make. Prayers for you and your family. Hugs.

sewbizzy
October 15th, 2012, 11:20 PM
Prayers being sent your way for you and your family...hugs and blessings to you!

dwil23
October 15th, 2012, 11:32 PM
Pam, she can hear you. Hearing is one of the last senses to go. I'm so sorry you have to go through this. And I will be praying for all of you. Your Dad is going to need your help. Grieve, but stay strong for him. Cry, it helps. I'm crying for you and your family. God Bless you all, and God Bless your Mom. Remember what Jesus said, "In my Father's house, there are many mansions, I go before you to prepare a place."..... Your Mom will set up housekeeping for all of you. With God's help, you will get through, lean on Him. Love, Hugs, and Prayers, Jan
(((((((((((((((((((Pam, Dad, Sis, & Mom)))))))))))))))))))))))

Agreeing with everyone, but especially Jan. Yes, your Mom can hear you. My Mom could and after they unplugged the machines and her heart rate started downward, my oldest son started praying out loud. She rallied during the whole prayer and as soon as he finished, we watched as the monitor showed her heart stopped. The doctor and nurse that were there said they often see that. Keep talking to her, she will hear you.

lilmouse
October 15th, 2012, 11:32 PM
Sending you prayers and hugs.....I have been through this with a spouse....so know how hard it is....keep strong and lean on us...we are here for you.....love , Susie

Jess1377
October 16th, 2012, 12:42 AM
Oh Pam, my heart, thoughts and prayers are going out to you and your family. I couldnt say it any better than what has already been said above by any means. (((((((HUGS)))))))

auntiemern
October 16th, 2012, 12:59 AM
So sorry for you Pam. Just went through the same thing a year ago. Will continue to keep you and your family in my prayers. As hard as it is, she is no longer suffering.

buckeyequilter
October 16th, 2012, 07:03 AM
Yes Pam they can hear. They told us that Mom was waiting on someone to come or something to happen. I read to her from the Bible on that Sunday morning and 5 minutes later she passed away. Still keeping you and the family in my prayers.

Blondie
October 16th, 2012, 07:58 AM
Precious Pam, my prayers have been with you during this time of turmoil. And yes, agree with the many here who have experienced this as well as myself. We felt with my granny in particular that she was waiting for our "permission" to go ahead and join the others who had passed before her. I know you are telling her how much you love her and how blessed you have been to have had her as a mother, mentor and friend.
I am so sorry, dear one. I am continuing to pray for you and yours.

Bailey65
October 16th, 2012, 09:08 AM
My heart goes out to you and your family. Have been through this before with my own Mom and Mother-in-law. They can hear you- I experienced it both times when they were at heaven's door. My Mother-in-law who hadn't spoke in month's due to her dementia and had been in a coma like state- right before she passed we told her it was okay to go and to take god's hand. We were shocked! He eyes opened wide and she had a big grin and said Wow!!! and then she passed. She surely saw something that we didn't but I know from being there and with my Mom and Dad when they all passed that they can hear you.
You and your family will be in my prayers to help ease the pain during this difficult time.

mommadeb
October 16th, 2012, 06:36 PM
Take care. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.