PDA

View Full Version : Need help please...

Genny
October 15th, 2012, 02:25 PM
I just purchased a Husqvarna sewing and embroidery machine. I looked on the Husqvarna site and couldn't find what needles to use with it.

Can anyone reccomend what brand needles and sizes to use for sewing and embroidery? Thanks for any info. Genny

GinnyKNC
October 15th, 2012, 02:57 PM
I always buy my needles from the husqvarna dealer in Joann Fabrics. The manual will tell you what kind and size needles to use for what. Which machine is it? If it's the same as mine I can copy and post that page for you if you don't have the manual :)

Genny
October 15th, 2012, 03:12 PM
Thanks, It's the Husqvarna Viking Designer SE. The manual is coming with the machine, I just wanted to get a few supplies before it gets here.

Jean Sewing Machine
October 15th, 2012, 03:57 PM
Did the 7700 go bye bye? I know you will have a great time with embroidery! Have fun!

Sandy Navas
October 15th, 2012, 04:21 PM
Genny, I use Schmertz needles primarily - for regular sewing. I have used the Inspira needles which Husqvarna recommends and sells - can't tell any difference. I also have Organ needles which also don't make much difference. However, I have found that if I am doing small lettering that the Janome red top needles work best. Janome also makes a metallic needle that I finally got to work with my metallic threads.

Any needle will work well. I keep #11, #12, #14 & #18 available - switch depending on what fabric I'm sewing . . . (if I remember!!_)

Anything you probably have on hand will work.

Genny
October 15th, 2012, 04:22 PM
Did the 7700 go bye bye? I know you will have a great time with embroidery! Have fun!

Yes, I put it on EBay and it sold the following day. It really was a great machine, but I must say I really missed having an embroidery machine.

lilmouse
October 16th, 2012, 12:12 AM
I am glad you were able to sell it so quick!