PDA

View Full Version : Sunday Morning

Blondie
October 14th, 2012, 07:51 AM

Good Morning, Folksies

Wellsir, I left a long post yesterday and replied to a few other threads. I see none of them. Hm. I am hoping that this will get posted. Still having issues with my computer. As I told our Sandy in a recent email, I could buy a new computer for what it would cost to keep this oldie going. I couldn't remember when I bought it and hubs found the receipt in our tax returns. 2003. That is old in computer life, I suppose. Still, I will keep plugging away and backing up until it just won't crank anylonger OR unless Santa finds some shekels in his pocket this year.

Okay, so now that I used all my little grey cells 'splaining that, I will just say, Be Happy! It's a brand new day!
Yesterday can't be changed but you can write a new page today! Life is not always easy, pleasant, and certainly not filled with fun unless you choose to find joy in each day. So go ahead, find some joy and smile.

Swedish leo
October 14th, 2012, 08:32 AM
Morning Blondie!
Hope you day turn out to be a beautiful one!

I my self has dedicate this weekend to fmq one of my ufo´s. And it is a mixed resultat.
But i am keeping at it.

Have a great day!

CrazyMtnLady
October 14th, 2012, 09:09 AM
Good Morning. Not much sleep last night. It rained and rumbled all night. :( I hope there wasn't too much storm damage out there. I did see on the news this morning that some damaged happened in the Republic, Missouri area (about 90 miles from us). But it is suppose to be a nice day today.

Got all the FMQing done on the quilt and sewed my strips together for the binding. So maybe today I can get started on sewing that on. :) I may have to make bread today though. I think our mechanic Joe is suppose to come over and do some target shooting with DH and I promised him a loaf of bread when he came. Sure is going to be fun baking bread in the roaster-oven. But I'll give it a try.

As soon as I get my first cup of coffee I am off to read some more threads and find some of that JOY Blondie was talking about and smile! :)

Hugs and prayers to all in need.

Ginny B
October 14th, 2012, 09:32 AM
Good Morning everyone. It's a grey, blustery fall morning here. I am tired this morning. It sure has been a busy weekend - lots of fun and lots of work too. We are just about ready for the kitchen renovation to begin tomorrow. We have a couple of things to move out of the kitchen (like the table) but we will wait to do that until after we have had dinner. Tomorrow morning, breakfast will be on the coffee table in the living room (as will most of our meals for the next few weeks).

My sewing/craft room is nice and neat though (actually even neater since a cabinet from the kitchen has a new home there so my scrapbook/cardmaking supplies have a new home and are out of the way now. I plan on spending a lot of time in there to escape the chaos a bit.

Blondie, I hope Santa is searching hard for those extra shekels. In the meantime, good luck keeping the pc running. Donna, yum, fresh baked bread. I can smell it already.

Happy Sunday.

Ginny B

Monique
October 14th, 2012, 09:41 AM
Good morning friends. A very quiet day yesterday. I did get a toddler bed for Maizyn. Did a bit of running around and then back home. Had a nap. Baseball again on TV. I just can't sit and watch all these darn sports, so I downloaded a movie, Snow White and the Huntsman. Very good movie. I actually stayed awake and watched the whole thing.

Now I don't cheer for the Yankees, my hubby and I are Red Sox fans, but I feel bad for Derek Jeter. Broke his ankle in the game last night. He is out the rest of the season but not his career. That is good at least. Hope he heals well.

Well I am not sure what today will bring. All I can do is SMILE!

Have a wonderful blessed Sunday everyone.

Bubby
October 14th, 2012, 09:42 AM
Good Morning Everyone!

We caught the edge of a very bad storm last night. We were without power most of the night and got some high wind and hail. It was a most uncomfortable night because tornadoes were sighted around us. After the bad tornado of 2009 we take weather warnings seriously. Molly wanted in bed with us last night, so she was scared, too. It's not like her to want to leave her little room.

Today is DH's last day of vacation. He has to go back to work to get a break from the work around here! We will take some time off later and go somewhere - the only way he will quit working. I painted on the kitchen cabinets again yesterday and have more than half done. A word to the wise: Don't paint the insides of kitchen cabinets unles you absolutely can't find another way to deal with them. What a miserable project.

Annika, good luck with your FMQing today. Blondie, I hope Santa brings you a nice new laptop this year!

I need to run for now and cook breakfast. I hope everyone has a wonderful Sunday. Hugs, Barb

Jean Sewing Machine
October 14th, 2012, 10:08 AM
Hi everyone! If we had storms here in eastern Missouri, I certainly didn't hear them. Just a wet deck this morning to tell me that it rained overnight.

My brother invited me to the symphony last night. They played some of our favorites. Our father was a true classical music lover, he loved opera and Saturday afternoons had to be spent listening to the Met as loud as could be played on the radio. I loved other classical music, but never could get really into opera. Last night's program was Beethoven, Ravel and Debussy, what's not to love about those? While the other teenagers of my day were listening to Elvis, I was wearing out my Ravel and Debussy records, maybe that's why I've always marched to the beat of a different drummer all my life! My brother, on the other hand, is a true aging rocker! He still plays in a garage band of 60+ year olds, they play once a week, call themselves "Rock of Ages"! They sound good and have played some gigs at people's parties and picnics. But he is dabbling his toe in classical music to honor his father!

Another day will be spent whacking away at costuming. I hope to visit the theatre later this afternoon to try some stuff on people, then to get the plan for the rest of the week. Still wish this job was completed and I could go back to quilting. Ah, in another two weeks it will be done for me!

Have a happy day, quilting, visiting, or whatever you get to do today. Barb, I don't envy you that painting job, Since I hate to paint anyway, the insides of cabinets does sound like working in a torture chamber, but I'm sure it will be beautiful once you are finished.

quiltingtrish
October 14th, 2012, 10:15 AM
Good morning everyone~~
After a day of sewing yesterday, the girls and DH made a wonderful firepit out in the woods for some somemore's roasting. DH is known for getting an idea in his head and must do it right away so I asked him if he got the permit he needed to have a fire. He said he left a note on the townships door yesterday saying we had last minute guests arrive and were having an outdoor campfire with his name and number. He did notify them, but couldn't help it if they were closed on Saturday. Nut. There are no other homes nearby and we had our trusty water hose right there. I don't know why it took 17 years for him to build a firepit though, we had a great time of laughing and talking.
Off to church this morning where I get to tend to the wee ones and then on to pick up my car and on to dad's for mowing and hugs. So sad, last night I found out that his neighbor who is 89 has lung cancer which has moved into his bones does not have much time left as they have called in hospice. I have known this man for all my life. His wife and daughter have gone through breast cancer and another daughter had some sort of throat cancer and passed away after being diagnosed just after 2 weeks. Surely I will be praying for this family a lot this week.
Think I'll be giving my Dad an extra couple of hugs tonight. Not only will it hit him hard to lose a friend, but I get to keep my Dad another day. :)
Life is good and we have to go through the sadness at times I suppose - so I'll find the joy in today - thanks Blondie for reminding us. There is always a beauty out there somewhere everyday to enjoy and I know I will find it as I move on through the day.
Hugs to you guy!!

MayinJerset
October 14th, 2012, 10:39 AM
Morning everyone, Great Fall weather but I'll be indoors most of today as we're having company for lunch. Our son Pat and wife MJ are bringing some fresh baked bread, not by Donna in her roaster oven but from their local Italian bakery. Oh so delicious with the thick soup we're having for lunch.

Yesterday some of the gals here wanted to see the crumb blocks I made that I said were ugly. Will take photos tomorrow and will be open to advice on how to put them together to bring out the 'beauty within'.

TJ give your dad an extra hug from all of us, he needs it today. May in Jersey

MRoy
October 14th, 2012, 10:48 AM
Good morning! We're expecting more of the wind and rain from Missouri to arrive later today. I hope it doesn't get severe. DH and I thought about going to an outdoor flea market down in Tennessee today, but decided against it due to the weather. We may try to hit an indoor flea market closer to home instead. They seem to be getting more and more commercial, but I still like to browse.

cyndiofthevortex
October 14th, 2012, 11:06 AM
Hot crunchy bagel covered with cream cheese and a cold glass of milk started my day. Yum! Today is Day #2 of our local guild's quilt show. We popped in for an hour yesterday to scope things out and today we'll be spending the afternoon there. We got a hot lunch there yesterday (my favorite part of school growing up) with seafood salad sandwiches for only $1.50. I'm bringing a cooler today to buy enough to have for lunch tomorrow they were that delicious. Hmmm....my post so far is mostly about food. What's up with that? Maybe it's all that talk about fresh bread! I told DH I wouldn't buy any notions or fabric there, but I do need some cute quilty note cards. So that's my goal. Oh, and to win the gorgeous raffle quilt. Is it wrong to pray to win a prize?

bakermom
October 14th, 2012, 11:17 AM
Spent a fun afternoon shopping in Charm yesterday. will spend the days sorting out my goodies. Didn't get as much as I had planned cause my van decided it was time for some repairs this past week. Can't begrudge it the work though. It's old but has given me very little grief in the time I've owned it. Oh well good reason for another trip down in the future.

Bailey65
October 14th, 2012, 12:44 PM
I have had a productive morning thanks to my hubby's help. Later this afternoon my kids ages 28 and 24 and their other halves, my sister and her husband and grandchildren ages 2 and 4 months, nephews ages 1 and 7 are all coming over to hang out and watch the Patriots Game. I made an Apple Pie, Banana Bread and Chocolate pudding. Picked up the house. I still have to shower and run a couple errands and then when I get back I plan on making Homemade Baked Macaroni & Cheese and French Bread Pizza. I LOVE it when we ALL get together and hang out. We don't do it as much as we used to because I never know how I will feel but thanks to all my husbands help this morning we got it done! I don't think there will be much time for sewing today but that's okay. I am looking forward to starting another quilt after the craft show season! I have 4 Craft shows between November 3rd and December 3rd!

Guess I had better get in the shower if I am to get out and do errands. Wishing you all a wonderful day. I love reading your post. Stay safe and have a GREAT Day!

shannonsaulter
October 14th, 2012, 12:53 PM
Good Morning...Coffee in hand and glad today is my Friday..then two days off and if some fabric comes in am going to attempt the Irish Chain...

auntiemern
October 14th, 2012, 01:31 PM
Good day all. Just jumping in to let everyone know I am still here, just been super busy trying to get things done for the craft fair. Hugs and Blessings, and prayers for those in need.

pcbatiks
October 14th, 2012, 02:07 PM
Good day all. Just jumping in to let everyone know I am still here, just been super busy trying to get things done for the craft fair. Hugs and Blessings, and prayers for those in need.

Hi Marilyn, was wondering yesterday how the craft show went...I had the wrong weekend. Is it this next weekend? Hope you sell lots of stuff!

lilmouse
October 14th, 2012, 02:23 PM
Hi, Everyone.....am in the middle of quilting a larger quilt....(covers the top of my full size bed plus a couple of extra inches....it is half done already...( a JR quilt with 2 1/2 in squares added at the end of each row) and it is already sold to my neighbor for her granddaughter for Christmas....kept the price low as I know her circumstances and I tell her if anyone asks, double the price! She has been really good to me and it will help to buy additional supplies....ie....batting and backing and thread...about all I am allowed to buy but the trip to MSQC will be worth it...hopefully will have empty spaces in stash to fill up...will be working on it all year...I am so excited and I just cannot wait for next October! Sassi is doing good and Steve should be coming home this week; I have almost forgotten what he looks like; he's been gone for so long! My GF is supposed to come over for some quilting...we will see if she makes it or not...sometimes life just gets in the way! Smiles and hugs and prayers for all of my quilty friends....think of you all often through my day!

EnumclawGramma
October 14th, 2012, 03:05 PM
Happy Sunday! It's a football kind of day here, Seahawks and Patriots! I got all my circles made for Blondie and yesterday got some fabric for the backing squares. I plan on getting that mailed out tomorrow and cross another one off my list! I've nearly finished 5 or 6 projects I'm making for Christmas gifts, hoping to work on those today during the football game....I can see the TV from my sewing machine! We're finally getting some Fall weather here, rained all night. Not bad like some of you are experiencing, just a good drenching PNW rain. The wind and heavy stuff comes later. DGD had a friend over for a sleep over last night and I made them banana pancakes for breakfast. They came, the saw, they ate, the left! Sheesh! "uhhh you're welcome!" I best get busy so I can sew later with a clear conscience! Hugs and prayers to all who need them!

janluna
October 14th, 2012, 03:17 PM
Good Afternoon everyone! I went to bed at 5 A.M. and slept until Noon! It felt good to get that much sleep in one setting. I'm making chili for dinner in the crock pot. Hope it turns out good. I also can't wait for October 2013. This is going to be so fun!!! Now I just have to save, save, save! Can't wait!!! Have a blessed day today and as Blondie says Smile. I used to have a wall hanging that said, "Smile, You are Loved!" My pastor gave it to me. I took it down when we redid our house, and now I can't find it. It probably got dumped in all the chaos. Well, I'm off to sew. Hugs and prayers for all those in need, Love, Jan L.

bkthomas
October 14th, 2012, 05:45 PM
There is always Joy around here - that's my middle name!!!

Kathleen Joy Wolters Thomas