PDA

View Full Version : H E L P - is your memory working?

Sandy Navas
October 12th, 2012, 10:40 PM
Probably within the last two or three months someone posted a picture of an award winning quilt at a show they attended. I'm older than dirt (one of the grandkids did ask me if I knew Abraham Lincoln when I was growing up) but I do think this was a show in Australia. The quilt had several different sizes of blocks - many may have been appliqued - and it had a light-colored background. Some of the blocks had flowers on them and it was spectacular.

Someone commented they would love to make a quilt like that and I remember remarking (always have my mouth wide open, don't I?) that I could design one and if they were willing to wait I'd do it after the first of the year. Tonight I am anxious to start work on it.

So, can someone direct me to the correct post? Why can't I remember to subscribe to these????????

kensington
October 12th, 2012, 11:30 PM
I saw one yesterday that was as pieced quilt, and then they had appliqued a flower on top of some of the blocks. It was pretty interesting to me. I've decided to add that affect to the top I'm working on right now.

Bubby
October 12th, 2012, 11:32 PM
Sorry Sandy...I knew Abraham Lincoln when I was growing up! Older than dirt..........

New York Sue
October 12th, 2012, 11:33 PM
Go back on your 'latest comments' and you should be able to trace it back, no? This could take some time, you're pretty mouthy....
I'm pretty sure I made the comment though, LOL...

Musical_Starling
October 12th, 2012, 11:54 PM
Go back on your 'latest comments' and you should be able to trace it back, no? This could take some time, you're pretty mouthy....
I'm pretty sure I made the comment though, LOL...

Now come on Sue, don't beat around the bush! Tell us how you REALLY feel! lol

I think I know what quilt you're talking about, and for the life of me I can't find it anywhere!!

BellasQuilts
October 13th, 2012, 12:11 AM
I remember that one, Sandy. Quilts were in Australia and it was a new member who posted the pictures.

janluna
October 13th, 2012, 12:11 AM
Sorry Sandy...I knew Abraham Lincoln when I was growing up! Older than dirt..........

LOL that was too funny! Good one!

Lisaau
October 13th, 2012, 12:26 AM
pretty mouthy?????

Lisaau
October 13th, 2012, 12:35 AM
was it this one sandy???? http://forum.missouriquiltco.com/album.php?albumid=500&attachmentid=7047

New York Sue
October 13th, 2012, 01:13 AM
pretty mouthy?????

DEFINATELY not to be mistaken for 'potty-mouth'. That's me.
Different thread, lol...............

lilmouse
October 13th, 2012, 01:29 AM
Sandy I think it was one of the new girls from Australia......the name eludes me right now....did you try a search using Australia Quilt Show?

Sandy Navas
October 13th, 2012, 10:18 AM
was it this one sandy???? http://forum.missouriquiltco.com/album.php?albumid=500&attachmentid=7047

That's a beauty, Lisa, but not the one. I think Kathy from UTAWWWWW! Has found it: http://forum.missouriquiltco.com/showthread.php?12574-quilt-pattern