PDA

View Full Version : Friday

searchfamilies
October 12th, 2012, 05:26 AM
Good Morning All
I hope that today will bring you all that you hope for with Plenty of Blessings

Here in the UK had a lot of rain since yesterday but it has stopped now, & I have just got back from taking our dog for a walk or may be he took me lol

I have got my Secret Buddy swap Package in to the mail yesterday, I hope they will like it I will say that under our rules I can't put in a letter ect so have to watch what goes in

I am at present knitting a Aran Sweater which is for 1st DGD Christmas present, when i was up at DS last week as he had to have an operation they broke his bone the one from hip to knee & put a rod in so was up looking after another DGD well the sister to the one i am knitting for asked for a Aran sweater also but her one will be plain knitting anyway i said that it may not get done for Christmas so she understands then the one i was looking after mention some socks so it seems out of the 6 grandchildren the girls want some knitted items only saw 2 of the boys the other one is on holiday with his mum & stepdad.

I have to get a table runner done this is for another swap i am in on a different group, plus i still have my quilt to finish quilting so i am going to be very busy in the lead up to Christmas

How about the rest of you do you have a list of things you have to get made if so i hope that you manage to get them done

Well you all have a wonderful day take care
Hugs Janice :icon_wave:

Blondie
October 12th, 2012, 06:49 AM

Happy Friday, Folksies!

Janice, I am certain that your Secret Santa Buddy will be overjoyed with her parcel. I think the hardest part will be waiting to open until Christmas morning ~

Well, it's Friday. Yesterday at work, my Sis came with me because it was a special day for us. Our dear friend Russell was celebrating his 93rd birthday. We had brownies for him and a lots of hugs. Then it was shampooing, haircuts and color as usual.

Stayed up later than usual last night to catch the debate. Mom stopped by with chocolate chip cookies for Luscious and I to munch on and she wound up staying for the debate. Luscious had to drive her back down The Hill since she had WALKED up in the dark. What in the world? The old wood booger could've snatched her as we are are surrounded by woods. I don't walk that path in the dark. I told her she was fearless or foolish; probably both.

Hoping that everyone has a special day. Smile a lot and laugh a little.

searchfamilies
October 12th, 2012, 06:56 AM
Thanks Blondie
The cookies sound lovely i always thing when i read about people in the USA making cookies i think yes please lol my DH does make some lovely cakes he just given me a nice slice of Polenta cake which was topped with mascapone then today he done a home-made jam to top that lovely mid-morning snack lol
You have a good day i doing some washing & will be knitting
Hugs Janice

MRoy
October 12th, 2012, 07:29 AM
Good Morning and TGIF! Yesterday was very busy at work, I hope today doesn't have so many things to pop up unexpectedly. I got my grass mowed late yesterday afternoon then made a big pot of vegetable beef soup for supper. I was chilled when I came inside so the hot soup was good for warming up.

I'm looking forward to the weekend. Have a great Friday!

NanaB
October 12th, 2012, 08:24 AM
Good morning, all. Yesterday was a busy day for me. Met Hubs at the ortho yesterday to schedule his knee replacement in January. Then went to a quilting bee for a little while. After a bit of a rest at home, we enjoyed the wonderful chili I had brewing in the crockpot. Lastly, I went to the quilt guild meeting. Whew! Today I'm doing a bit of volunteer work at the church and then hoping to go to the quilt show in a neighboring county. Hubs has a gun show all weekend, so I will be doing laundry tomorrow and doing more quilting. I have several quilts pin-basted. I'm not a quick turn-around like most of my forum friends. Have a wonderful day, folks. Keep stitching!!!

Ginny B
October 12th, 2012, 08:58 AM
Good Morning everyone. TGIF! Got the day off because of a wedding for dh's niece later today. Lots of things to get done this morning before getting ready for that. Woke up in the middle of the night with an unbelievably painful leg cramp. I don't remember having one this bad since I was pregnant (and since my youngest is 30, that was quite some time ago). Hard going down the stairs this morning and wearing heels today is going to be interesting. I hope I am able to do at least a little bit of dancing tonight. (also hope I can do the happy dance for the Yankees when they win tonight --- positive thinking :) )

Kitchen renovation starts Monday so sometime over the next couple days we will be getting everything that's left in any cabinets out of them (which isn't much) and moving a few pieces of furniture into different rooms. DH's grammar school reunion is tomorrow night so we will be off and running then too.

Ok, time to get this day moving along. Got to get the oil changed in the car this morning. Blondie, glad you had a nice birthday celebration with your friend.

Happy stitching everyone. Have a wonderful day.

Ginny B

Jean Sewing Machine
October 12th, 2012, 09:26 AM
I finally got my marching orders for the rest of my costume making last night, we'll be able to use some of the things I already made and need to lose some of them. Oh well, this is a better more cohesive plan. So I will have a busy weekend working on that. Hope to recruit some helpers to so some of the easy stuff.

Hope everyone has a good day!

Bubby
October 12th, 2012, 09:53 AM
Good Morning,

We had a whopper of an electrical storm last night and the hardest rain I've ever seen in my life. It's still drizzling a little this morning.

Not sure what our plans are for today. We may head out for Arkansas a little later and Sunday up to northern Missouri just for the day.

I wish everyone a good Friday...Hugs, Barb

Monique
October 12th, 2012, 10:00 AM
Good morning friends.

I had my dr's appt. yesterday. All is good. The sore ankle I have had since the end of June appears to tendon problems. Whether it is pulled or torn I can't remember. Now what I have to do is rub it for 5 minutes twice a day for a month and that should make it all better. We will see. Hubby will have to help with that because I have mobility issues with this leg.

Got the baby quilt all finished last night. I will take pics and get them posted.

Not sure what is on the agenda for today. Have a wonderful ay everyone.

MayinJerset
October 12th, 2012, 10:08 AM
Morning, Janice has her list of Christmas items that need making and all I've done is check out how many Christmas cards are leftover from last year so I better get a move on and starting thinking about this year.

Just sent a long email to DGD Mary in CA about making jam. She lives near an organic farm that has wonderful inexpensive apples and she wants to try the apple/pear jam I make. Difficult to explain long distance but between my recipe and directions and checking out Pioneer Woman's jam canning method Mary will do fine. Today's To Do List, morning - finish laundry, afternoon - finish crumb blocks and tonight - dinner out with DH. We'll most likely go to Friday's as we have a gift cert. and a coupon or La Strada, local small inexpensive Italian place that has such generous servings of good food that we take home enough for another meal. May

LynneLeavell
October 12th, 2012, 10:22 AM
Work today then get things ready for a Free motion quilting class tomorrow morning. I will miss my grandsons ballgame. It is the first I have missed. His team is undefeated so far. They are so cute. He is 4 and is playing on a team with mostly 5 year olds and it is so comical. It turns a bad day into a good day. Then hopefully I will come home and while things are still fresh in my head from the class I will quilt down my Spicy Spiral Table Runner. If I don't get it tomorrow night I will definately have it done by Sunday night before I go to bed. Then I need to do a rag quilt that I have sold for a friend of my sons who is over in Afghanastan working.
I might get some house work done, not sure yet. Oh well everyone have a great day.

CrazyMtnLady
October 12th, 2012, 10:45 AM
It's Raining...It's Pouring....The Old Man is Snoring! 29747Boy that little ditty from childhood is so true this morning. We have had quit a lot of Thunder and Lightning and RAIN throughout the night and it is still coming down. Guess I don't have to worry about washing clothes and hanging them on the line :).
Becki: My DH does not have a gun show this weekend.....can I send him over to your hubby? PLEASE! He does have one next weekend though.
Cookies sound yummy... I think I may try to bake some today in my roaster-oven pan. I did make biscuits the other day and they turned out fine. Funny how my Mom, being from Australia use to call cookies, Biscuits when she wasn't thinking about it. I asked her one day if Cookies were Biscuits what are Biscuits called but I can't remember what she said.
I have been steadily quilting away on the yellow quilt. I have it about half done. Sure can tell I am an amateur at FMQing! But I think it will look just fine. I am just not use to a larger size quilt, I am so use to doing wall-hangings.
Well off to the coffee pot. Have a great day and hope it is sunny where you are or that there are no holes in your umbrella if it's raining.
Hugs and prayers.

SuzyQue
October 12th, 2012, 10:54 AM
Finally have my momma situated, moved in, decorated her apartment, and all is going well. My sister came in last week for 6 days to help, visit, etc. She left on Wednesday morning, just as we got a phone call that my husband's bil passed away that morning in his sleep. Prayers needed for the Terry Wolf family, please. He was only 64 and left a wife, 3 daughters, and 3 grands. Too sad!

Today is our Anniversary. Where did 27 years go? We plan on at least dinner out tonight.

I am exhausted beyond belief. Spent most of yesterday trying to nap between phone calls. I feel like a zombie! I hope life slows down some and we can get back to our regular (busy) schedule! I still have rows to sew together for that Dresden quilt/bedspread for our bed! I haven't touched my sewing machine in over a month! Soybeans are ready for harvest and finally the combine parts are here and all is ready to begin that phase now. Life is very full.......overly so......but I feel so blessed. Prayers and hugs to all!

Sandy Navas
October 12th, 2012, 10:59 AM
Headed to KC for the Sewing Expo with Li'l Sis today. Anyone from the area headed there?

You-all have a GREAT day and enjoy the rain. Quiet here - dark skies though.

aliaslaceygreen
October 12th, 2012, 11:09 AM
Yumm...cookies! Seems like lots of treats being passed about...I may have to make brownies tomorrow...because I am OFF!!! On a Sat, that I didn't need to use a vaca day! DD and I will head to the bridal dress store to try on a bridesmaids dress for a wedding out of state, and we will check out the Folk Festival on the river... but definitely think I can fit Brownies in there someplace!!!

But, work today (dinner may get me a quick little visit with Laylabug at work, ...we hope!_

Have a GREAT day!

searchfamilies
October 12th, 2012, 11:42 AM
I hope that you have a good friday as well Myrna
Hugs Janice

searchfamilies
October 12th, 2012, 11:45 AM
My DH is having trouble with his knees i just been on to the Occupational Therapy to see about getting an inflatable bath seat to help him get in & out of the bath
You have a good day
Hugs Janice

cyndiofthevortex
October 12th, 2012, 11:47 AM
Our Debate Party last night went well, though I won't discuss politics here. Not that kind of forum! We all enjoyed Jonas's chili and there's lots left for tonight. Chili is even better the next day. We had little Kyle overnight, Bethany's former foster son. His parents called out of the blue to offer us a visit and we jumped at the chance. If you remember, Marilyn made him a quilt and he wouldn't let go of it when he went to the playground. He kept it around his 2 year old shoulders as he climbed and slid and he looked like a happy little superhero. He's doing well. Today I am cleaning up from the party then doing some work in the yard before heading to the sewing room. I'd sew first but then I'd never leave the machine and get nothing else done! You know how it is. Local quilt show is this weekend where last year I met quilter.martha, found out about the forum. And the rest is history! We used to go to the same church before I moved but I never knew she was a quilter. She's too sick to go this year so I will miss her. She is a wonderful woman and friend. But if you know her you already know how sweet she is! Enjoy your weekend, everyone.

searchfamilies
October 12th, 2012, 11:51 AM
Yes that is a blast from the past the other one is Dr Foster went to Gloucester in a shower of rain he stepped in to a puddle right up to his middle & never went there again lol
Yes we call what you call cookies is biscuits but some are called cookies so to me cookies are more a dough dollop where a biscuit is flatter such as shortbread
Hugs Janice

searchfamilies
October 12th, 2012, 11:53 AM
So Sorry to hear of your loss SuzyQue i will keep you & the family in my prayers
Hugs Janice

middlesis1966
October 12th, 2012, 12:14 PM
The cookies sound so yummy!!! I sure could use a plate full of them right now.
I'm excited to get started with my great nephew's blanket today. I really scored the backing fabric last week and can't wait for her to see it. Her theme is monkeys. I found the monkeys no problem and the other fabrics to go with it. Well what really got me was the bolt next to it. I started reading the words and it's a rhyme that her and my daughter would say a lot when they were little. So now she'll be able to wrap her little one in it.
Have a great day all!
SuzyQue I have you all in my prayers!

lilmouse
October 12th, 2012, 02:41 PM
So sorry to hear of your loss...will keep family in prayer....stayed up late last night....have a ton of binding cut...just needs to be sewn together and ironed.....now have 5 quilts in queue and will probably have more before I decide to sit down and quilt....it is my favorite part and right after the not so favorite part of layering and pin basting although the little tool I bought called "Quick Clip" makes short work of the pinning process.....I have been using up my scraps of batting so spent a good part of last night sewing batting together but it is saving me lots of money and using up all of my batting...discovered a new way to lay out the back and batting so now I have very little waste...makes me feels a lot better...soon no more sewing batting together...will get me through patching what I have left a little easier to take....all in my corner of the world is fine....work tonight and tomorrow and then off on Sun and back on Mon....then off again until Friday...Steve may be coming home next week; haven't seen him since the first week of September...it has been a long haul....will be happy to see him and he will be surprised at how much Sassi has grown.....hugs and prayers to all who need them, and remember to SMILE!

bkthomas
October 12th, 2012, 07:03 PM
Good afternoon everyone! I don't always comment on this thread but I want you all to know how much I ALWAYS enjoy reading it and learning more about all of you.
I have most of the fabrics I will need to do Stetson's quilt (DGS) but not sure how to put it all together yet - he may end up getting two small quilts instead of one big one - will post pics when I am done. Then on to Sierra's - hers will be giraffes, pink, guitar and Domo.
I did get some of the Domo fabric from Spoonflower, expensive but she is worth it!
Oh, Stetson's will be sock monkey's, Transformers, Curious George and fish - I got a beautiful under the sea panel and it has a couple of stingrays - he helped pick out all the fabrics!
Have a wonderful weekend and Happy Quilting!!!

janluna
October 12th, 2012, 09:30 PM
Happy Anniversary Suzyque!!! Hope your day was special. We are praying for the Wolf family, and also for Martha. Hugs, Jan L.

quiltingtrish
October 12th, 2012, 09:50 PM
Just popping in to say hi and see how everyone is doing. Looks like more prayers are needed scattered around the world.

So glad the week is over. 2 fistfights at the middle school today - and such a shame when one knows what kind of backgrounds these kids come from.

Tomorrow is quilting day at the church. Looks like there will only be 2 of us but that's okay cause we really spread out and take just about all our quilting supplies with us! It sometimes looks like we are moving in. haha! I think I will be working on my cathedral windows backgrounds so they are ready for windows. I love doing the hand part of that quilt.

In the meantime, I am scrubbing bathrooms tonight. Well, think I will just do the one tonight and the other next week sometime. Something about good scrubbings' in the Spring and Fall getting ready for the Summer and Winter.

Hope you all have a great night.
Hugs,