PDA

View Full Version : Worst Day Ever

middlesis1966
October 11th, 2012, 08:25 PM
My daughter got her genetic test results back and she has my gene mutation. My heart is so broken right now. This wasn't what I was wanting to pass on to my daughter. I'm just so upset. I just want to spend the rest of the night in bed and cry. It's not fare that she'll have to go thru mammos and mri's every year until she decides enough is enough and have her breast removed. I can handle so much of what life has come my way, but this is just to much for me to bear.

Loonwatcher
October 11th, 2012, 08:29 PM
Oh Paula. So sorry to hear this. But since she grew up watching you go through it, perhaps she is more prepared for it than the average person. I know that doesn't make it any easier to take. Prayers for you and your daughter.

middlesis1966
October 11th, 2012, 08:32 PM
Thank you Nancy!!!!

Musical_Starling
October 11th, 2012, 08:38 PM
Hugs and prayers for you and your daughter Paula! I can only imagine how you are feeling. If there is anything to be thankful for, it's that if she is affected in the future then at least she'll have an amazing mother who has been there and done that and will be a source of inspiration and strength for her :) If God brings you to it, then he'll bring you through it.

Jean Sewing Machine
October 11th, 2012, 08:42 PM
Such sad and scary news. Prayers for you both.

bkthomas
October 11th, 2012, 08:54 PM
Paula, I am so sorry to hear this, Big Hugs((((((((((Paula)))))))))))))

pcbatiks
October 11th, 2012, 08:58 PM
Paula, please know that your forum friends are praying for you and your daughter. Praying for peace for both of you.

cyndiofthevortex
October 11th, 2012, 09:01 PM
Paula, you know these are the times that we just run to the Lord and cry on his shoulder. We always need his tender mercy, especially when life can be so hard. You've got friends here to pray for you and hold you up. Keep coming and letting us know how you're doing, okay? We really care and we really pray.

middlesis1966
October 11th, 2012, 09:12 PM
Thanks girls. She is one of my greatest loves in life and this just breaks my heart into little tiny pieces. She hugged me so tight and long today because she knows how my heart is breaking for her. She told me that it'll be all right, but I'm so worried for her now. I know that it's up to the good Lord above and I have him to guide us threw this. It's just so hard at the moment to find the light at the end of this part of this.

Sandy Navas
October 11th, 2012, 09:13 PM
Just the news none of us wanted to hear from you. I pray daily for a cure. My heart goes out to you and your daughter.

EsGrandma
October 11th, 2012, 09:37 PM
My prayers are with you and your dear daughter - it is especially hard when our children are hurt - we're here for you.

Monique
October 11th, 2012, 09:38 PM
Sorry to hear this. Prayers going out to all of you.

Lindagie
October 11th, 2012, 09:45 PM
So sorry to hear this. One positive is that she knows for sure and can maybe be better prepared for what may happen in the future. It is always heartbreaking when our children are hurting. My heart goes out to you and your daughter; sending hugs and prayers.

CrazyMtnLady
October 11th, 2012, 09:52 PM
I will be praying for the both of you. God will bring you through it.

MRoy
October 11th, 2012, 09:56 PM
I'm so sorry to hear this. You and your daughter will continue to be in my prayers. It's hard as a mom to see our children going through things like this.

Meli
October 12th, 2012, 01:33 AM
Oh, Paula! I'm so sorry to hear your news. But I know your daughter will be fine and strong, drawing on your support and love and strength. Life throws us curve balls that seem so overwhelming, but help us become the person He means for us to be. (BIG HUGS)

lilmouse
October 12th, 2012, 01:36 AM
I am so sorry to hear this news...my heart goes out to both of you....will keep both of you in my prayers...(((((hugs)))))

Poppytree
October 12th, 2012, 01:39 AM
Saying prayers for you and your daughter Paula. Hard news to take but they say 'what doesn't break you makes you stronger'

shannonsaulter
October 12th, 2012, 04:10 AM
prayers for you both...You will be her inspiration though because you obviously are a fighter...

quilter.martha
October 12th, 2012, 09:19 AM
Praying for you and your daughter right now. You have my love and best wishes too.

Bailey65
October 12th, 2012, 09:36 AM
Paula,

You have to remember that because of you your daughter is given a chance that she may not of had if you hadn't gotten it first. I am a daughter of a Mother who didn't survive breast cancer. She was diagnosed at 40 and passed away at 46, I miss her so much. But because of her I have had mammo's every year since 25 and they have now added MRI to my yearly mix. I take this test very seriously and make sure that I always get it done because thats what Mama would have wanted me to do!

Without you she may not have taken this as serious as it is! I am so sorry and understand how this must break your heart! I will pray for you and your daughter. God Bless!

New York Sue
October 12th, 2012, 09:39 AM
Hard news for sure, and I'm sorry you both have to go through this. But at least science has advanced to this point of genetic testing, and she now knows it's something she has to be mindful of (unlike generations before us). And we are getting SO close to finding a cure!
My Best to you and your daughter, Paula!

Bubby
October 12th, 2012, 09:44 AM
Paula, I'm so sorry to hear of this. My prayers and best wishes are with both of you....Hugs, Barb

Quiltlover
October 12th, 2012, 10:26 AM
Paula,
Just wanted to say I'm so sorry that you and your daughter have gotten this news.
But, Here is some information for you to store away and keep if you feel you might need it. My daughte in law has that gene also and found that she had a lump 9 years ago. She had surgery, then had chemo, then had both breasts and reproductive organs removed. This past year she has had a recurrence and went to Duke Medical Center in the Raleigh, NC, area. Duke is supposed to be THE best place to go for the treatments that my DIL received. She had surgery and then has taken some kind of estrogen-blocking shots. Her cancer is gone. Her latest PET scan showed no cancer anywhere in her body. Her original cancer was very small and she decided on all of the surgeries that she had to prevent any future cancer. Her recent outbreak was a very difficult blow to her. We have all been amazed at Duke's new technologies and her doctor's projection for her complete recovery. The new technology and medications are wonderful. The upside of your daughter's diagnosis of having that gene is that today there has been a lot of research in that area and so much promise for a long life in spite of having that gene. DIL says that the Susan Komen moneys have been directed towards a treatment and eventual cure of breast cancer due to that gene. Much to be thankful for. Just wanted you to have this info.
Brenda in Alabama

SuzyQue
October 12th, 2012, 10:40 AM
Prayers said for both of you. What sad news. I feel your heart ache. Hopefully, she can take the information and use it wisely in the future.....once the sadness and pain recedes.

middlesis1966
October 12th, 2012, 12:20 PM
Thanks all! Today is a better day. I still look at her sitting across from me and feel so much guilt. I keep telling myself that she will be the 16% who make it without cancer ever happening. My big sissy told me to just remember that this gene more then likely did come from my mom and that she is in her 70's and she made it to the 16%. I just have to keep my faith in God that he will keep her there as well!

janluna
October 12th, 2012, 04:45 PM
Paula, Honey, I am so sorry this happened. Prayers are ongoing for you both. What others have already said, is a hope we have to cling to. God is Good, but you know that already. He saw you through and will see your DD through too. I love you Sweetie. I wish I could take your heartache away. However, the guilt, that's not yours to keep. Give it to the Lord, and he will take care of it. And he will continue to take care of you and your darling girl too. Love you. You know where I am if you need to talk. Look for a PM and my number. Love, Hugs, and Prayers, Jan L.

sewmuchjan
October 12th, 2012, 07:59 PM
Prayers for you Paula and your DD too. Let the guilt go and let God take it, because it will eat you up, and you don't need to do that.

Love and Hugs for you and DD,
Jan G.

quiltingtrish
October 13th, 2012, 12:20 AM
Paula, I'm so sorry that you received that news about your daughter. I agree, let the guilt go and let God have at it. I have my prayers coming for both of you Sweetie.

Hugs,

alliek
October 15th, 2012, 02:45 PM
Paula,as a survivor too, I know the greatest fear is passing this on to your daughters and granddaughters, I'm sorry. Hope is in the latest research and treatments. There are more survivors today because of these advances that have been won. I know that we wish it did not have to be at ALL! but you and your daughter do not walk this alone, there are many of us and we have each others hearts in prayer. God Bless you and your girl with peace of heart and mind.