PDA

View Full Version : Where has Denis been?

bkthomas
October 11th, 2012, 04:51 PM
I wondered why Denis has not been on here much so I Pm'd him the other day when I saw he had made a comment on another thread.
Come to find out, he has been very busy with his Mom - I wish this was good news, but the fact is that his Mother has terminal cancer - how heartbreaking!
But the good news is that she was feeling much better yesterday!!!!

Well, if you are at all familiar with Denis you know what a quiet person he is - I love how on this forum, you can tell the personality of each member and you know he wouldn't want a lot of attention - but he just wanted to let you know why he hasn't been around.

lilmouse
October 11th, 2012, 04:56 PM
Will put his mom on my prayer list...thanks for letting us know!

Jess1377
October 11th, 2012, 04:59 PM
Oh poor guy. Your heart totally goes out to the family member who is struggling through cancer, I know, my Grandmother passed from her fight with lung cancer. My mom just amazes me like you cant imagine, being a LPN she was able to take care of her (in addition to having a part time hospice care) all the way till the end. My Grandma would have had to go to a full time nursing home if my Mom didnt go to Michigan during that time. I can only hope I will be able to help my parents when the need presents itself. My prayers go out to Denis for strength as well as his family.

CrazyMtnLady
October 11th, 2012, 05:36 PM
I will put his mother on my prayer list also as well as pray that the Lord gives Denis comfort through all of this.

Sandy Navas
October 11th, 2012, 05:41 PM
Adding to my prayer list. I do believe that Denis recently started a new job, too - sure hope he is able to continue with that, too. Taking care of loved ones in pain is definitely not an easy job.

Jean Sewing Machine
October 11th, 2012, 05:42 PM
Denis, you are in our thoughts and prayers and so is your mom! We can always count on you for excellent information to our perplexing questions about quilts, machines, math, upcoming events, patterns, etc, etc, etc! Hope we can visit more often. Quiltermike is amazing for a beginning quilter, and needs some male reinforcement to all this estrogen influenced chatter!

K. McEuen
October 11th, 2012, 05:42 PM
I saw his post the other day and he had mentioned something about teaching some quilting classes. At least he is still able to do some of that along with caring for his mom.

HandsOffItsMine
October 11th, 2012, 05:47 PM
Prayers for your Mom Denis. I know this is hard on her and you, as my Mom battled cancer for almost ten years. A special hug and prayer for strength for you as you stand by her side.

Huggers, Ruby

Blondie
October 11th, 2012, 06:09 PM
thank you kathy
I was assuming he was busy working/teaching at a newer shop in his area. I am so sorry to read this. When you speak with him next, let him know that I send my heartfelt love and prayers.

pcbatiks
October 11th, 2012, 06:16 PM
Praying for Denis and his mother also.

buckeyequilter
October 11th, 2012, 06:18 PM
My prayers are with Denis, his mom and all the family. I know exactly what you're going through.

Musical_Starling
October 11th, 2012, 06:21 PM
Denis, I'm praying for you and your mom as well. I don't use the word "hate", as it is a strong word, but I HATE cancer! :icon_bah:

Stay strong Denis, and let your Mom know that we are keeping her in our prayers. And as Jean said, pop in when you can to give QuiltinMike a little break from all of the estrogen around here :D Plus, I'm probably going to have a thousand more questions now that I've started making Christmas gifts! So take care of your Mom, take care of yourself, and pop in every now and again for a smile or two :)

bkthomas
October 11th, 2012, 07:54 PM
thank you kathy
I was assuming he was busy working/teaching at a newer shop in his area. I am so sorry to read this. When you speak with him next, let him know that I send my heartfelt love and prayers.

I am sure he will probably see this thread.....

cyndiofthevortex
October 11th, 2012, 08:56 PM
Denis, so sorry to hear about your mom. I'll pray for her and for your whole family.

middlesis1966
October 11th, 2012, 09:07 PM
prayers being said!

Monique
October 11th, 2012, 09:43 PM
His Mom was in and out of the hospital last week. She is in our local hospital here. Sorry to hear Denis. Prayers to you, Lise and the rest of your family. Thinking of you.

MRoy
October 11th, 2012, 09:53 PM
Denis and his mom are in my prayers.

janluna
October 12th, 2012, 08:58 PM
Denis, your family are in my prayers. I also know what you are going through. It is so hard to watch our Moms suffer. Prayers of healing for Mom and for strength for you and your family. Hugs, Jan L.