PDA

View Full Version : The Rest of the Story

quilter.martha
October 11th, 2012, 10:14 AM
Isn't that what Paul Harvey used to say?

The last time I was on the forum was Sunday when I posted about my high fever, back, chest and abdominal pain. I was pretty miserable and things got worse on Monday. My fever spiked to 104.7, so we went back to ER and went through a whole mess of tests, again, and this time they found pneumonia and also a kidney infection. They admitted me and I spent 2 nights there. I've been poked, prodded and put through every test in the book--CT scan, MRI, ultrasound to rule out anything else (like that terrible meningitis problem going on right now). Got home from the hospital yesterday around noontime and still felt pretty awful. My fever just won't go away. But today I am definitely better. I want to thank everyone for their prayers. I know they were heard by our merciful heavenly Father.

So that is only part of my story. Last week I mentioned in a daily thread that my machine was acting up and needed to go to the shop. Well, Thursday afternoon I did just that and then took a little time to look at the machines they had for sale. Long story short, I ended up going back Friday afternoon and purchased a new Janome Horizon Memory Craft! So, ready for a groan? I haven't even been able to touch it as the next morning I was sick. Don't feel quite well enough to sit down at it yet, but hopefully by the weekend I'll get to see what it is capable of. How frustrating is that?

This has been a long post. Thanks for being there for me. I can literally say I have never been so sick in my life and I hope to never repeat the experience!

sewbizzy
October 11th, 2012, 10:22 AM
Prayers are being sent your way...get better fast...so exciting about your new machine!!

pcbatiks
October 11th, 2012, 10:30 AM
Martha, glad you are starting to feel better.......and enjoy your new machine!

CrazyMtnLady
October 11th, 2012, 10:37 AM
29685So glad to hear from you and know you are getting better. At least if you can't sit at your new machine (congratulations by the way) you will have some restful time to read through the manual and get to know all about it.

MayinJerset
October 11th, 2012, 11:01 AM
Happy to hear you're doing better and hope the sickness is over soon so you can spend some time getting to know your new and exciting machine. May in Jersey

Sewbee
October 11th, 2012, 11:03 AM
Martha I am so glad to hear that you are now on the mend! Your last post on Sunday really had me worried when you mentioned the fever along with the persistent pain. I'm sorry you have been so ill but glad you got proper treatment and are back home. Keep taking good care of yourself and you will be trying out that new machine in no time! :)

Sandy Navas
October 11th, 2012, 11:11 AM
Thank God you've escaped the worst of all our fears - not necessarily great that you are still feeling so punky - those kidney infections can be bad, bad, bad. I sure hope the doctors gave you a 5-10 year warranty when they let you return home though.

Oh, to have a new machine and not be able to use it yet. Time will come and you will be having so much fun learning new things. It is so good to have you back with us.

Patrice
October 11th, 2012, 11:18 AM
glad you are feeling better Martha. Thinking of you.. blessings :)

buckeyequilter
October 11th, 2012, 11:20 AM
Glad you are feeling better and have fun when you are able to play with that new machine :)

cyndiofthevortex
October 11th, 2012, 11:29 AM
Martha, I'm so glad to hear that you're on the road to recovery. It sounds like it was very scary. Praise God you're getting better!

Weren't you using a really old machine before now? That's what I remember from when you came over. Yay for a new machine! You will LOVE getting to know your new baby! It's such fun. We'll want a picture of you next to it when you're up for it!

Swedish leo
October 11th, 2012, 11:59 AM
I am glad that you are doing better! And even if it is frustrating the new machine will be waiting for you!

EnumclawGramma
October 11th, 2012, 12:20 PM
Hi Martha....Glad you're home and feeling at least a little better. Praying for your continued recovery! Congratulations on the new addition!

New York Sue
October 11th, 2012, 12:34 PM
Sorry to hear of your 'rough patch', Martha. Glad to hear your feeling better, and a new Janome awaits!

shannonsaulter
October 11th, 2012, 12:51 PM
Glad you are feeling better and I new machine since I just bought my 1st one I can only say I know the excitement...take it easy for a few days and then I am sure you are gonna have fun

lilmouse
October 11th, 2012, 12:55 PM
So glad to hear you went back to the hospital, that they found out what was wrong and started treatment...Your Janome will paitiently wait for you....go through the manual and learn about all the stitches your new baby has and you can make plans for when you are feeling better.........thank you for the update and will continue to keep you in prayer for a fast recovery!

Divine Daisy
October 11th, 2012, 01:32 PM
glad you are beginning to feel better

big hugs

K. McEuen
October 11th, 2012, 01:38 PM
I'm glad you are starting to feel better. Take it easy getting back to regular life. Having several things wrong with you are once takes more out of you than you realize. It took me about 2 full weeks before I felt like everything was back to normal and I felt "good."

Jean Sewing Machine
October 11th, 2012, 02:40 PM
Isn't that what Paul Harvey used to say?

The last time I was on the forum was Sunday when I posted about my high fever, back, chest and abdominal pain. I was pretty miserable and things got worse on Monday. My fever spiked to 104.7, so we went back to ER and went through a whole mess of tests, again, and this time they found pneumonia and also a kidney infection. They admitted me and I spent 2 nights there. I've been poked, prodded and put through every test in the book--CT scan, MRI, ultrasound to rule out anything else (like that terrible meningitis problem going on right now). Got home from the hospital yesterday around noontime and still felt pretty awful. My fever just won't go away. But today I am definitely better. I want to thank everyone for their prayers. I know they were heard by our merciful heavenly Father.

So that is only part of my story. Last week I mentioned in a daily thread that my machine was acting up and needed to go to the shop. Well, Thursday afternoon I did just that and then took a little time to look at the machines they had for sale. Long story short, I ended up going back Friday afternoon and purchased a new Janome Horizon Memory Craft! So, ready for a groan? I haven't even been able to touch it as the next morning I was sick. Don't feel quite well enough to sit down at it yet, but hopefully by the weekend I'll get to see what it is capable of. How frustrating is that?

This has been a long post. Thanks for being there for me. I can literally say I have never been so sick in my life and I hope to never repeat the experience!The biggie with the New car price tag that embroiders and does everything except the dishes? Wow, that is awesome! I hope you get to feeling better very soon so you can start playing with your new wonderful machine!

quilter.martha
October 11th, 2012, 04:37 PM
The biggie with the New car price tag that embroiders and does everything except the dishes? Wow, that is awesome! I hope you get to feeling better very soon so you can start playing with your new wonderful machine!

No, not the "biggie", but it was pricey enough for me to have to go home, think about it, talk to my DH about it first. I'll try and post a pic later.

Monique
October 11th, 2012, 04:47 PM
At least you are on the mend. Take good care of yourself until you are 100%. Sorry you had to go through this.

Jess1377
October 11th, 2012, 04:52 PM
Boy Martha, its great to hear from you! I truly hope you dont have to experience that again either! So happy for you that you get to play with your new machine as soon as you are back in tip-top shape :)

bkthomas
October 11th, 2012, 04:58 PM
FBF - Feel Better Fast Martha!!!

bec
October 11th, 2012, 05:20 PM
Thank goodness you are feeling better. It's exciting that you have a new machine to play with. You are going to have soooo much fun with it!

HandsOffItsMine
October 11th, 2012, 05:49 PM
Glad to hear that the meds are making you feel better. Huggers!

Bailey65
October 11th, 2012, 05:53 PM
Martha,

I am so glad you posted to let us know how you are doing. Every time I get on the forum it made me wonder how you were doing. I am so glad the finally figured out what was going on. I wish you a speedy recovery! Also congratulations on your new sewing machine. You now have something to look forward to once your up and running.

Take care and feel better soon :)

Blondie
October 11th, 2012, 06:07 PM
Oh my Martha! I was wondering if it was your gall bladder and here it was something worse. Good grief. Glad you got some care and you KNOW you had oodles of prayer.
Hugs and more prayers for a very speedy recovery. I know how glad you are to be home!

Bubby
October 11th, 2012, 06:25 PM
Martha, I'm so glad you're feeling better...you've been through a real ordeal! Welcome to the Janome family! I hope you're thrilled with your new machine...you're just going to love it! Until then, take extra good care of yourself....Hugs, Barb

Winniesfriend
October 11th, 2012, 06:54 PM
Glad you are on the mend, enjoy your new Machine, I have a Janome Horizon 7700 and love it, I am still learning what all the different things it can do, if you get a chance have some lessons.

mdenzine
October 11th, 2012, 08:31 PM
So glad that you are doing better. I bought a new Janome Horzion last week also. I have had so much fun with it. I hope you enjoy yours as much.

Loonwatcher
October 11th, 2012, 08:36 PM
I'm glad you are starting to feel better. Hope you are tip top soon.

cyndiofthevortex
October 11th, 2012, 09:08 PM
Martha - I'll miss you at the quilt show this weekend! It was one year ago that we saw each other there and you told me about the forum. THANK YOU for introducing me to this wonderful place full of true friends. I'll get lots of pictures for you.

middlesis1966
October 11th, 2012, 09:19 PM
Martha I'm praying that you feel better quickly! Nothing like not having the strength to try out your new baby. Hope that you get to it soon and that your feeling better too!

Musical_Starling
October 11th, 2012, 09:36 PM
I'm glad to hear (or read, as it were) that you're feeling a little better :) And also SUPER jealous of your new machine lol Hopefully you'll be up and at 'em soon enough to put her to good use!

sewmuchjan
October 12th, 2012, 08:17 PM
Glad to hear that you are on the mend!! Hope your recovery goes quickly and completely. Congrats on the new "baby" she will wait for you to mend yourself!

Love, Hugs, and Blessings,
Jan G.

janluna
October 12th, 2012, 10:19 PM
Martha, we will keep you in our prayers until you are completely well and healthy again. Congratulations on your new machine! It will be there when you are ready. Just rest and get well first. Hugs, Jan L.

BellasQuilts
October 12th, 2012, 11:53 PM
Martha, so glad to hear you are getting better. Don't rush yourself trying to test drive your new machine - take your time in getting better, it's not going anywhere. Very relieved you are on the mend.