PDA

View Full Version : Thursdays are my Monday

Blondie
October 11th, 2012, 06:34 AM

Good Thursday to you, Folksies

Whatcha got going on today? Today when I go into work, I will be seeing my special friend Russell. It is his birthday today - he turns 93. Sis will be with me to give him his card, brownies and hugs. Sure wish everyone who reaches the exalted age of 93 were as healthy and sweet natured as our Russ.

Since I live a mostly boring life, I have nothing else to say this morning. LOL. In truth, my brain is still mush and I have so many things on my mind that I can't sort them all out yet. I am counting on you to speak intelligently, lucidly and interestingly this morning for me . . .

Prayers for each one of my special quilty friends and their families here.

toggpine
October 11th, 2012, 06:51 AM
Good Morning!
I just finished patching knees in my daughter's pants. I swear!
I guess I shouldn't complain. She'd rather be outside playing or playing on the floor with Legos, FisherPrice Little People, or her daddy's old matchbox cars than Barbie. It sure is tough on the pants though. Hopefully these will be cute enough to wear until she blows the other knee out, and then they become barn clothes.
Off to catch a few hours of sleep before I start my Thursday.
I hope you all have a great day. Make it your best one yet!
Hugs, Cathy

quiltingtrish
October 11th, 2012, 08:26 AM
Happy Birthday Russell!!!

Hugs,

MRoy
October 11th, 2012, 08:27 AM
Good morning....not much intelligent conversation here this morning. I can't tell yet, but we may have frost this morning. I won't mind it it bit the grass down some...I'm tired of weekly mowing. Blondie, give Russ a big Happy Birthday from me!

Monique
October 11th, 2012, 08:52 AM
Good morning friends.

Happy Birthday Russell. Give him hugs from me too.

Yesterday I was working on the DP9 baby quilt that has taken me forever to do. I decided to use the binding tool I bought at the quilt show. I had to go find that tutorial for it. I don't know what I did wrong, BUT IT DID NOT WORK! Jeez, I will have to go back and look at the tutorial all over again. I managed to finish the binding, not pretty but it worked. I am almost finished sewing the binding on the back and I will get pics up as soon as I am done. Maybe my nephew will take this one for the gift he asked me about. If not, it will go to the next wee baby born, which will be in the early spring. My other nephew and his wife are expecting again in March.

I have a dr's appointment this morning. I have made a list of things I need to ask him. If I don't write it down, I will never remember what I wanted to ask. I will finish the binding on the quilt after that. Than I have two more UFO's that I would like to finish for Christmas, but I don't think that will happen.

Have a wonderful day everyone.

Jess1377
October 11th, 2012, 09:11 AM
Well, I dont chime in to much but ~ Good Morning All! ~ :) Today I go to my Tues/Thur work/volunteer at the thrift shop on post. I love to work there since most of the other ladies are spouses of retirees. They are great ladies! Then afterwards I have a haircut appt that I actually dont look forward to because I have a much stronger desire to get into my sewing room! ;) But I gotta do it otherwise I will be looking like a wild woman :icon_crazy:

Prayers fo all who need it!

Bubby
October 11th, 2012, 09:28 AM
Good Morning,

I will be at the old house painting again all day. Yesterday I started painting the inside of the kitchen cabinets.....not fun! Hopefully today the cabinets will be done.

Has anyone heard from Martha?? How about Pam regarding her Mom? Julie's DGD Faye needs special prayer for an accurate diagnosis.

I need to run for now. DH is ready to leave for the day to work...so off we go! Hugs, Barb

CrazyMtnLady
October 11th, 2012, 09:55 AM
Morning to all. It was a very restless night for me, I got to sleep just fine but then Gator woke me up wanting to go outside and of course then TarButt had to go out. But once everything was done I just couldn't go back to sleep much. I was tossing and turning and I could not get my mind clear, So many of my friends on here were dashing in and out of my head. I was saying prayers for Ms Daisy and Mr Daisy, Heaven, Emily, Faye, Lonna's hubby, Pam's mother and so many others. We sure need updates on some of these family members. I do pray that everyone is okay. My prayers are also for the families of those that are ill.

I had such a sore throat and headache yesterday I didn't get much of anything done. Of course that didn't matter to DH (and it does not stand for Dear Hubby this morning... more like D&^%Head) I still had to get lunch and dinner like there was nothing wrong with me! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. I do feel much better this morning, but I will take some more sinus meds this morning and see if it doesn't knock out the headache all together. The sore throat, I can deal with...I just won't have to talk to him today.. (snicker snicker)

I was hoping to take the motorcycle out for a spin today to see the fall colors and get some pictures but it looks like rain for the next few days. I will have DH take a pic of me in the sidecar so I can post it on here. We have a place in the county called Glade Top Trail and it has some awesome views and in the fall it is spectacular.

Well my regular washing machine croaked.. won't drain and spin out. My oven's thermostat broke and now if I turn on the oven even to warm it heats up to over 600*F so now I have my big Roaster Oven on the counter to use as an oven. I baked biscuits in it yesterday and they turning out fine. My stove is a very small apartment model and I hate it. I can't bake a large pizza or use a large cookie sheet it is the pits. So now next summer I get to buy a new stove, unless we can afford a new thermostat for this one before then, but I have been wanting a new stove for a long time.
I just am praying and keeping my fingers crossed that nothing else breaks on me!
Going to sew today and try to relax.
Hugs and prayers to all.

buckeyequilter
October 11th, 2012, 10:46 AM
I had such a sore throat and headache yesterday I didn't get much of anything done. Of course that didn't matter to DH (and it does not stand for Dear Hubby this morning... more like D&^%Head) I still had to get lunch and dinner like there was nothing wrong with me! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. I do feel much better this morning, but I will take some more sinus meds this morning and see if it doesn't knock out the headache all together. The sore throat, I can deal with...I just won't have to talk to him today.. (snicker snicker)

LOL.....everytime I read your posts now I will never think of that as "dear hubby".

MayinJerset
October 11th, 2012, 10:47 AM
Good Thursday morning, Bright and sunshiny out and hope after I finish my coffee I'll be bright and sunshiny too as I have a lot of laundry to do today. Since I had the downstairs all clean and neat for Monday when the gals were over for lunch I need spend some time this morning to try to keep it that way. How does everything get messed up when it's just the 2 of us? Must be DH's doing, LOL!

Can't come up with anything witty, intelligent or interesting to share this morning as my life is same old, same old too.
I did cause an outpouring of rants about cell phones when I started the thread saying that I felt invisible.

Fall weather makes me think of soups, stews and things cooked or baked in the oven. I think I'll make some French Spring Soup on Saturday and invite DS#2 and his wife over for lunch. They love this soup so I'll need to make a double batch so there are leftovers for DH and my lunch on Sunday. They'll bring some great fresh baked Italian bread and we'll have a soup and sandwhich feast. I'd invite DS#1 and wife too but they are some of the ones I complained about in my rant who don't return cell messages. The Spring part of the soup is because it has some chopped asparagus in it, which I skip if I can't find any fresh or frozen. It's really just a chicken broth veggie soup that you add some cream to at the last minute. I picked the recipe up many years ago when we attened an Elderhostel in Ohio. Several of our meals were at a local church and when they served this soup everyone raved about it so much that they shared the recipe with us.

Hope all our sick and hurting friends and/or their family members have a good and painfree day. Also Bday Good Wishes to Russell, May in Jersey

debinmalaga
October 11th, 2012, 10:57 AM
Good morning, everyone! It's a beautiful, chilly morning here in West Virginia, the trees are amazing in their fall colors, and the sun is shining!

My mom came from Georgia last Friday for a visit, and we're having such a nice time! She is spoiling me rotten, cooking dinner every night! I only work three days this week, so great timing on the visit. She is going to move here around the first of the year, which will be wonderful.

Wishing everyone a wonderful day!

Sandy Navas
October 11th, 2012, 11:06 AM
Sounds like Thursday just ain't the best day of the week for anyone. DD called and said my little Em was having another bout of rapid heart beat - the second time in several months. Very disturbing. First time Doc said it was just a fluke but given her past history I'm not so certain. DD has doctor's appointment today with a different doc and said she'd talk to him. I don't like the sounds of this.

Got some sewing done yesterday - took almost all day to finish an apron for my oldest DGD. It sure turned out great but was very detailed - and as usual I didn't take pictures. I need a swift kick in the patootie - I've done so many things recently and have no pics! I need to arrange for a very special photo session with all the girls lined up with their 'stuff'. Seems every time I get something done I get more requests. I told Al yesterday that maybe some day I can get to the point where I can do what I want to do. But, maybe not.

Off here to see the Wizard. You all take care, have a wonderful day, and know if you need assistance that I've been known to pray.

buckeyequilter
October 11th, 2012, 11:18 AM
Good morning....

I don't consider my life boring...it's quiet, just the way I like it. I live in a small village and everyone knows everyone but they don't know my business...because I'm quiet LOL

DH (dear hubby) is going to the quilt shop for me today. I have my placemats ready to bind and need about 1/2 yard of fabric so I sent a sample of the fabric with him and told him to just walk up to the nice sales lady and ask her if they still have that. Hope he remembers it's 1/2 yard and not 1/2 bolt. If they don't have it I guess I'll be piecing my binding on the last 2 placemats from the scraps of the fabric that I have left.

When I get home I'll work on placemats and then the debate comes on at 9 so I'll be watching that.

Prayers being said for all our friends and their families that are in need of prayer. Have a wonderful day!

Renate
October 11th, 2012, 11:47 AM
Hi all together,
what can I tell you from my day today? I visited the very friendly and funny team of an optician client ( I am a sales rep for optical frames) and the specialty was the so very human beeing together, personal things where much more interesting than the business, so we had a good talk, a delicious cup of coffee, fabulous "Gipfeli" (which means a kind of croisants). We talked about how easy life suddenly gets, when everybody stops wailing and complaining, just seeing the little treasure which are given every day to us. Such as you all!
Have a wonderful evening
Renate

Lonna
October 11th, 2012, 01:02 PM
Good Morning All or should I say Afternoon as it will soon be. Things here are going ok sat down with Jay and figured out some days off for me for the rest of the year. This working six days a week and not having anything to spend with Wayne is for the birds. So I will be off not this saturday but the next two off for this month. Then I will have off a Monday next month plus the weekend following Thanksgiving. So looking forward to a little time off. I am just so burnt out with work but have to work just no way around it.
Donna just a little update on Wayne he is hanging in there. Had a chemo treatment Monday so it is really hitting him hard. But he is a trooper does not complain too much. Not saying he doesn't but not a lot. Our little Max is doing good he is almost back to his normal self but do notice once in awhile it is like he gets lost in space.
Well Ladies have a great one as it is almost time for my lunch hour which I get to spend running and paying bills oh joy. Have a wonderful afternoon all.

lilmouse
October 11th, 2012, 01:18 PM
Donna, sure hope your spell of things breaking down is over.....I have a dryer that could keep your washer company....it is making very loud thumping noises which makes me suspect the belt is slipping again...it does work though ...for now! Lonna will keep you and Wayne is prayer that he will feel better soon.....and that you get re energized...it is hard working and caregiving on top of that....Sassi is doing fine after her spill the other day....doing all the usual doggie stuff...she refuses to housebreak; but she is still young...she has doubled her weight in a month...stinker...yesterday I sewed left over batting scraps together...enough to get two more quilts out of them....pin basted two quilts...one on my project and a circle comfort quilt...now have three quilts in queue for the quilting...will take a day and just quilt all day....have binding made up for one of the quilts; have to make binding for the other two and then I can quilt away...will be working on more of my project quilts today....Steve's sister found some fabric in the basement that must have gotten left behind when we moved my sewing to the second floor (duplex) and I was so excited...it was like getting a gift and the fabric was mostly high quality stuff...cut it all up into 2 1/2" strips and charms...bright colors and over two yards of my favorite white on white...I use a lot of that stuff on borders and anywhere that it calls for whites...so I was a happy camper yesterday....other than that nothing new going on today...just the usual stuff...Blondie...wish Russ a Happy BDay from all of us.....hugs and prayers for all that need them.....Susie

shannonsaulter
October 11th, 2012, 01:36 PM
Good Morning,
Today is my Wednesday of sorts the 1st of 2 since I work 6 days a week....Wow 93 Happy Birthday to Russ!!! Before I bought my house they lady across the street was 93 still out doing her yard work and her weekly shopping trip with another older lady they would go ot in a yellow mustang always warmed my heart to see them...for today its have coffee,interact on here then off to the grind..last couple of days have been good but with the impending rain it will put the inmates in a cabin fever mode as they wont get outside time so am keeping my fingers crossed for a quiet night..Have a great day everyone!

Ginny B
October 12th, 2012, 12:05 AM
Good evening all. Hope you all had a good day. Donna, hope you are feeling better. I so understand about your oven. I too only have a small apt. size oven. But that is all about to change. Our kitchen renovation starts on Monday so I will have my bigger stove in a couple weeks. They dropped the dumpster off while I was at work so I guess it's really going to start on Monday. Dh and I have been working on clearing out the kitchen. DS #1 came and moved a bunch of things around for us so we now have our dishes and food in the extra bedroom downstairs, and in a couple days the microwave, coffee pot, electric teapot (which ds #4 and his gf sent to me when they heard about us redoing the kitchen and not having a stove -- he knows how much I love my tea), electric frying pan, and crockpot will be in the living room. The good thing is that we have been going through everything as we empty out the cabinets and have gotten rid of a lot of things. I am so tired from coming home from work and each night tackling another thing on the list. And then on top of everything, we tested out our furnace since it was pretty chilly here and then the upstairs zone wouldn't turn off. We had two different climates here in the house, fall downstairs and the tropics upstairs. They came after work today to fix it (needed a new thermostat) and did a tune-up on the furnace while they were here. Glad it's done but we didn't get to eat dinner until almost 9:00.

We have a wedding to go to tomorrow so at least I don't have to get up for work but we do need to get up early enough to get some things accomplished. Ceremony is at 3:00 and the reception is at 7:00. Then Saturday we have dh's grammar school reunion and Sunday we finish emptying out the kitchen and the town e-cycling is Sunday so we need to make a trip to get rid of a couple old tv's and a couple of big monitors and a printer. I think I am going to be very tired on Monday. LOL

I hope all who are under the weather start feeling better.

Ginny B