PDA

View Full Version : Wednesday hellos

Blondie
October 10th, 2012, 07:03 AM

Happy Wednesday, Folksies!

How in the world is it possible for it to be Wednesday already? I seemed to have lost a day or two or three . . .
sometimes my hubby says he needs to tie a string around my ankle to help me find my way back home. Yesterday was one of those days. Poor dear. It isn't that he minds me running around like a chicken with my head cut off. It isn't that I didn't put dinner in the crockpot at dark thirty yesterday morning. It isn't even that he missed talking with me three times during the day on his breaks ~ although he did :) ~ It is because after a few days of marathon running around, it caught up with me last night and when I did finally get home, I went straight to bed. I didn't pass go, I didn't collect $200., I just went to bed and slept. It is a pleasant moment to wake up and have delicious hot coffee that didn't come from a vending machine, and hear my sweetie say, Good Morning Sleeping Beauty.

Miss Bessie did well with her surgery. In fact, I like to think that all of our prayers were answered. The surgeons didn't have to remove any of her intestine or bowel. Somehow they cleaned up the mess in her frail body and did some other type of routing to which I have no idea how to explain. So . . . thank you for your prayers for this precious little lady you will never meet until you get to heaven. She is worth the prayers. Hospitals are exhausting. I may just take a nap today. I did bring my folksy bunny border quilt to do the binding while waiting. I was hoping to finish up the detailing on it as well but that didn't get accomplished. The binding is done but the detailing will be done when I get around to it. I forgot to bring the little yo yos and other threads. Don't know why I forgot to bring those things. Oh well. I didn't forget my sense of humor at home. Which is a good thing, if you catch my drift.

Have a wonderful day folksies. Much to do to get caught up with today so I will be ready for work tomorrow.
Wishing everyone a delightful day. Smile for each task accomplished, smile at your co workers, your children, your grands, spouse, heckfire shoot, just smile because it is a good thing to do.

Monique
October 10th, 2012, 07:17 AM
Blondie, you make me smile everyday. It is very exhausting waiting in a hospital. I am glad all went well with your friend.

Hubby is gone to the camp for a few days. WOOHOO! I managed to get the quilting done on the baby quilt and get the binding on today. Got caught up on all my shows I missed last week. I also did a little cleaning, watered my plants, closed all the inside windows and broke down and turned on the heat. It was cold in here.

I have been looking in the SS swap group for more ideas for my SS and find more things I can include for her.

This cold of mine has travelled down into my chest. I feel like I have a furball and can't get it coughed up. I do have a dr's appt. tomorrow. Today could be just a day of sewing.

Have a wonderful day friends. As Blondie says, SMILE!!

Bubby
October 10th, 2012, 07:21 AM
Good Morning Blondie,

I've been up about an hour....to sore to sleep. We worked at the old house yesterday again and today I hurt in places I forgot I had! We're making progress....my DH is awesome!!! I took about 30 years worth of contact paper off the kitchen shelves yesterday in preparation for painting. When I went home at noon to check on Molly I grabbed my blowdryer and boy does that make that sticky stuff easy to remove....just blow hot air on it for about a minute and it comes right off! Of course, I had done 80% of it the hard way and then thought about the dryer tip.

Some of our dear ones need extra prayer today...Daisy and Pam's Mom.

We are going back to the old house for more work today. I will start painting the inside of the kitchen cabinets....doesn't that sound like fun! I think tomorrow we will actually get out of town for the day.

All my sewing commitments are done and now I can start working on my SSS's Christmas surprise.

Wishing you all a great day...Hugs, Barb

MRoy
October 10th, 2012, 08:11 AM
Good morning. This week is flying by. Barb, I remember painting the inside of the metal kitchen cabinets in the old farmhouse we used to live in. I remember lots of corners and unseen places to get the brush into. Blondie, I'm glad your friend is doing well after her surgery. Monique, enjoy your time to yourself with DH at camp.

Time to get ready to go to work. Although my work is only 1/2 away, it's in a different time zone that an hour faster than where I live. Working in a different time zone puts me up and out early, but gets me home early too. Wishing all a great day!

EnumclawGramma
October 10th, 2012, 08:20 AM
Good Morning! Up at 3:00 today, that's always fun. Just done sleeping I guess. The upside is getting things done around the house earlier so there's time to sew later. Barb I don't envy the painting. I think the two worst rooms in the house to paint are the kitchen and the bathroom. Tight spaces and so much trim. Ugh. I'd rather scrub toilets thankyouverymuch! Monique I hope your cold gets better soon....I also got that creeping crud and it's no fun. Probably part of the reason I got up so early! Tea, rest and lots of time sitting at the sewing machine is my prescription! Blondie, don't forget to take some time for yourself today! Myrna....working in a different time zone? How confusing and cool at the same time! I would have to have a 3 day commute to work in a different time zone so seems so funny to me!

Ok, laundry first! Have a good day all....hugs and prayers all 'round. Make it a great day!

Winniesfriend
October 10th, 2012, 08:21 AM
Good morning to you all, it is now 9.48pm in South Australia, I had a day off from work so I finally managed to make some cushions for my husbands boat, I guess i have been putting it off, I was not sure how my machine would sew vinyl but it zipped through the vinyl very easily, once they were completed I cut and sewed the binding ready for my latest quilt so I can take it to class tomorrow night and bind it, then I finally managed to start my I spy quilt, so managed to get a bit done, almost my bed time, hope every one has a great day.

Lonna
October 10th, 2012, 08:32 AM
Good Morning Ladies,

Well Jay should be back to work today so that will take a little stress off of me. I don't know what I am going to do once he retires. He is my buffer between me and the main office. I love my job but I just can not handle the owner of the company very well. He is all business which I understand to be in postion that he is in. He is a property development business and is a very intense person. Myself I am a very laid back person grew up all my life being a person who strives to please everyone. Some one ask me to do something and I go out of my way to try to please.

Blondie get you some rest today I know how tiring all that running is. Monique enjoy that "me" time I can think of the last time I had the house to just myself. Barb take care of those sore hidden places maybe a nice long bath will take care of those spots. Myrna have a great day at work. To all those yet to come have a great day.

Well time to go and get some rice cooked to add to this chicken for Max and then get myself out the door. Have a great one my friends.

Sandy Navas
October 10th, 2012, 10:04 AM
Monday? Check.
Tuesday? Check.
Wednesday???? I'm like everyone else - where does the time go. Is there a time catcher out there somewhere.

Not certain what my day will bring. Yesterday I managed to get a few things done in the sewing room - starting with a clean-up and vacuuming of the carpet . . . wish I could afford to get that out of there and install some tile or laminate flooring. Then I tackled all the things that the DGDs keep sending to me for repairs, remakes, new things they just HAVE to have. I did some work on my Halloween buckets I'm making for the girls - funny how I wish I had finished them when I first started because now, without a true pattern, I am finding some pieces just don't fit as they were planned. I'll be hedging on those for a bit. Have a request for a couple costumes so far - two candy corns. It will be interesting to see if the others come up with requirements. Oh, and I need a toga, too. Two of the girls haven't decided as yet, but I do believe one of them is planning to go as "IT" from the Addams Family. Zoe decided on a costume I made for Rita last year. These girls are pretty good about doing the hand-me-down thing (in fact they get excited . . . ). Agnes is now wearing Hannah Anderson clothes that I bought for Amanda 21 years ago. Yes, all the girls have worn them! And they still look brand-spanking new. YEAH, Hannah!!

Off here to see what I can do about warming up the world. It was 25 degrees when I got up this morning. Freezing now.

Hugs to all, special prayers where needed, all that warm and fuzzy stuff.

CrazyMtnLady
October 10th, 2012, 10:47 AM
good morning all. A sunny but chilly morning is on the horizon here. I did not want to get out from under the covers! I have a sore throat again this morning, which I think is from the chilly air at night. Maybe I should have had a fire going in the wood-stove but I thought it would get a little too hot.
Got to get a few things done outside this morning and then I can relax this afternoon.
DH is on my tail trying to get me out of the chair so he can sit down. :( So I will have to come back and check in a bit later.
Hugs and prayers to all.

cyndiofthevortex
October 10th, 2012, 12:12 PM
Oh it's a sewing day for me. It's dreary outside and I have nowhere to go until tonight when the real rain is supposed to start. The DGSs are gone for the day so it will be quiet here. DH has another test on his heart later this afternoon. The docs haven't found the cause of his irregular heartbeat so they continue to do test after test. It's a bit stressful.

DH started his VP Debate Party chili last night and the whole house smells like panfried onions and peppers. He isn't putting it all together until Thursday since he knows there will be none left by the time the party starts. His chili rocks!

aliaslaceygreen
October 10th, 2012, 12:24 PM
Good morning all!
It IS Wednesday, isn't it?? Yikes. Layla is 13 months old today. And has been making inroads on walking...one or two steps here and there before she realizes what she is doing.... by the time she gets here next weekend for our weekend together, I think she will have it down pat. And then, Gandolph had better decide that he WILL move when she comes after him, or she is going to learn that some cats scratch....sigh....

I did do what I needed to do yesterday... I am going to probably post a fresh thread about a quilt block I am stuck on....

I am sending out warm hugs and healing thoughts for anyone who wants some....take care,

lilmouse
October 10th, 2012, 03:21 PM
Not much going on here....keeping a close eye on Sassi, she fell off the second story patio yesterday....scared the """""right out of me...ran down to pick her up and she was at the door waiting for me....have a feral cat running around and she got excited....now the bottom half is blocked so she can't fall again...seems to be okay...have been watching her like a hawk the rest of yesterday and this morning...she is doing all the normal things a puppy does...it is hard to tell as she got her second puppy shot yesterday too so I am keeping close tabs on her....finished up the 12th block for the circle of comfort quilt I am working on....now to put it together and decide on a border for it....other than that just enjoying my coffee and catching up with everyone here!
Hugs and prayers for everyone......and SMILE!

MayinJerset
October 10th, 2012, 03:31 PM
Good afternoon, I didn't respond to Blondie's Wednesday's Hellos this morning because I thought it was Thursday. I know time flies by so quickly but I don't have to give it a big boost.

Just back from a big food shopping and tonight's dinner wil be baked boneless, skinless turkey breast (first time I'm making one), baked sweet potatoes and other veggies and tomorrow will use leftover turkey for a white meat chilli. Trying 2 new dinners back to back may backfire but we need a change from the same old, same old.

So glad to hear Blondie's Granny friend's operation went well, prayers continuing for her.

See you all tomorrow, when it will be Thursday for sure, LOL! May in Jersey