PDA

View Full Version : Update

Divine Daisy
October 9th, 2012, 08:19 PM
They have sent Mr Daisy home, his neutropene count is up but he is still very ill. We are managing........just about. He sleeps a lot which gives me time to sew.

My daughter had her baby. Isla Kimberly. 7lbs 7oz. This is my only pic of her and the only one I will ever have. Her sister sent it to me but the fallout of that was terrable and I have told her not to go against her sister's wishes. I don't want to lose another daughter as well as her sister and my grand daughter.

She is exactly like her Mum when she was born. She is frowning because she objected to the flash on the camera

CrazyMtnLady
October 9th, 2012, 08:27 PM
Ms Daisy, my heart goes out to you. I have 2 grandchildren I have never met. I have only seen pictures. My daughter hates me for some reason, maybe I didn't spend enough money on her when I got the settlement after my last husband was killed, I don't know. All I know is that it hurts like hell to have grandchildren and not be able to love them. I remember being asked in school what I wanted to be when I grew up and I said .... A Grandma!
Isla is a beautiful baby. Congratulations. Wish I was there to give you a hug.

Jean Sewing Machine
October 9th, 2012, 08:27 PM
What a sweet little baby! So glad you got this picture! And hope Stewart is going to get over the big illness part of this quickly and get back on the mend. At least you don't have to travel so far every day now. But you get to worry about him every minute, that isn't very much fun. But being sick isn't fun anyway. Know that there are a lot of prayers coming your way for all issues you are facing!

Suesquilts
October 9th, 2012, 08:32 PM
Miss Daisy, so sorry you don't get to see and hold your new granddaughter. My heart breaks for you. I don't think I could survive without knowing and loving my grandkids. I lift you up in prayer today.

MRoy
October 9th, 2012, 08:37 PM
Dear Daisy, you're in my prayers. I'm glad to hear that Mr. D is home and resting, but I'm so sad that you can't be with your beautiful granddaughter. I pray for reconciliation for your family. (((HUGS))).

nurrsey
October 9th, 2012, 08:40 PM
Your GD is beautiful....not sure why you can't be with her, but that is horrible. I will say prayers for both you and Mr Daisy.

HandsOffItsMine
October 9th, 2012, 08:40 PM
Isla is gorgeous and precious. Sad to hear that big sis told her about passing on the photo. I'm glad that Stewart and you do have a photo of her though!

I know you're taking care of Stew, make sure you take care of yourself. You have a lot going on emotionally, wish Karen and I could put a boot up your daughter's butt. Don't understand where's she coming from at all, especially with two parents who are battling cancer. She might be scared of losing you guys but there is no excuse for her behavior and to deprive you of seeing Isla is cruel beyond words. (((Daisy & Stew))) Don and I send our love.

sewbizzy
October 9th, 2012, 08:45 PM
Miss Daisy, your gd is beautiful!! Sorry for you...I know your heart is broken...just remember we all love you on this forum!
Prayers being sent to Mr. Daisy.
Hugs and Blessings

auntiemern
October 9th, 2012, 09:00 PM
Prayers for you and Mr. D. Congrats on your grand daughter. Also praying that your DD comes to her senses.

aliaslaceygreen
October 9th, 2012, 09:31 PM
Oh, Miss Daisy, this just makes my heart hurt.... Isla is beautiful, congrats....I can only hope that someday, something will change in your daughters heart.... Hugs to you.... sorry that Mr Daisy is doing so poorly tonight....hugs to you both

Cathy F
October 9th, 2012, 09:36 PM
Congratulations on the birth of this beautiful grandbaby! Sending you hugs and good wishes, know there are people here who do care about you both.

BellasQuilts
October 9th, 2012, 09:37 PM
She is beautiful! So sorry that one little picture caused such a fuss. My heart breaks for you both. However, don't ever give up hope. We are holding it here in our pockets for you, just in case you think you lost it. Wonderful to hear Stew is home. Now the time for healing and resting. You know all of us here love you, don't you? Big hugs!!!!!

Lonna
October 9th, 2012, 09:37 PM
Ms. Daisy our thoughts and prayers are with you all. I pray you daughter will come around and see that family is all we have and we all need to stick together. I know I went throught a patch with my daughter where she told me she never wanted anything to do with me and that I was no longer a part of her life. It took awhile but she is back. I hope you will get to see your granddaughter in the near future. I also pray that Mr. D gets feeling better soon.

New York Sue
October 9th, 2012, 10:05 PM
Isla is a beauty! Must be grandparent's season on the forum...Congratulations!
I'm sorry your daughter is a twit. (SORRY, I am doing my best at editing, I really am...). She will some day come to realize that what goes around comes around, and if she doesn't make ammends soon, it will come back on her like an avalanche.
I've seen it MORE than once. And I'm quick to remind my girls that if they ever behaved this way with each other after I'm gone, I will haunt them everyday from my grave. Life is way to short and precious for bull*!&^ like this.
And as always, my Best to you and Mr. Daisy!
(I wished you lived right down the street from me, because you sure do seem to have your hands full...)

lilmouse
October 9th, 2012, 10:10 PM
Ms Daisy, thank you for the update...we were worrying about you....glad Mr. D. is home and hope he feels better soon...too bad you don't live closer...I would just hold you and let you cry or vent or whatever you wanted to do...Your daughter needs a swift kick you know where; I am glad you at least got one picture of the baby and soon your daughter will change her mind and want her mother back...until then know that we all love you and will continue to hold you and yours up in prayer...love Susie

Loonwatcher
October 9th, 2012, 10:15 PM
So glad Mr. D is home - it's the best place for him to recover and puts less traveling on you. Thank you for the update.

The grand baby is beautiful. I so with you fences could be mended so you could be involved in each others lives.

NanaB
October 9th, 2012, 10:32 PM
Daisy, so glad Mr. D. is at home with you now. I will be praying for his recovery. The new baby is so precious. I am sorry that your daughter is being such a jerk. I hope that she will eventually come around. Love and hugs.

Sandy Navas
October 9th, 2012, 11:03 PM
Sending hugs, love, warm shoulders, more hugs and understanding. My eyes are filled with tears - this little sweet girl needs to know you and I ask that her mother see the light and come around sooner than later.

Tell Stewart that I can tell he's still pretty hunky!! Love you both ((((((((((Daisy)))))))))

K. McEuen
October 10th, 2012, 12:10 AM
Such a beautiful little baby. Hopefully her mom will pull her head out of her posterior soon. You won't need to tell us because it will be the pop heard 'round the world since it is so firmly wedged up there.

Glad to hear Stewart is home and the daily travels are over for now. I know it had to be hard on you. Love to you both.

janluna
October 10th, 2012, 12:57 AM
Alison, so glad that Stewart is home. He'll rest better there than in the hospital. And it means no traveling for you. I worry for your health too. So much stress for anyone to carry.
As for your Granddaughter, she is precious! A beautiful baby to be sure. As for her mother.... it's all been said.
Your other Daughter, at least has a heart and gave you the picture. God Bless her. It won't be long and you will be going on your vacation. And I'm glad your other Daughter is going with you. At least you have her. Now I just wish she would help you and her Father more. If only some of us could be there to help. We love you both very much! Congratulations on your new Granddaughter. God Bless you and Stewart and prayers are being said for both of you everyday. I'm going to start praying for your Daughter. Maybe He can get through all the hate in her head. Love you both, Jan & Joe Luna

bkthomas
October 10th, 2012, 01:21 AM
God Bless You Both and Congratulations!

EsGrandma
October 10th, 2012, 01:24 AM
Dear Alison, So glad that Mr. D is home - know that will help with healing! So sorry that your daughter is being so ugly - will pray for you all - sure do wish that I could help you in some way - know that you are loved. Linda

MayinJerset
October 10th, 2012, 03:09 AM
He's home so things are looking up, pray that he feels more like himself soon. Beautiful granddaughter, just hang in there for her sake so someday she'll know and love you like everyone here does. May in Jersey

Klasien
October 10th, 2012, 03:27 AM
Oh that is so sad to read........my heart goes out to you and Mr Daisy!!!!!!
A beautiful little girl should have her grandparents........I feel for you, more that you'll ever know.

Stay strong, you need it, we are here for you sending prayers and good thoughts your way! There will come a day to look back on all of this, I hope you and your sweet hubby will be hanging in there.

Hugs to the both of you, I hope Mr. Daisy will be healing and feeling better soon!

Madeforyouinma11
October 10th, 2012, 04:00 AM
So good to hear that Mr D is home! I'm sorry he is still so ill but I'm sure that being home will speed up his recovery.
Your granddaughter is beautiful! I know how you feel because I have a grandson that I don't get to see but not because of my son. Anyway, thats another story. Sending prayers to you and Mr D that everything goes well with his recovery. That is all you can worry about right now. (((((Hugs to you both)))))

csarina
October 10th, 2012, 06:41 AM
I am pleased to hear that Mr D is home, he will rest easier with you, although it is a different type of strian to travelling to see him. I hope he improves speedily.

Congratulations re your grand daugher, so sorry your daughter is still being a complete idiot. I had a similar experience with my youngest daughter. Did not see my grandchildren until they were 4 and 6 respectively. Stragely they are closer to us than any of the others now.

Keep you chin up, there will be times when murder is in your heart, it will pass. My thoughts and prayers are with you just now.

Monique
October 10th, 2012, 06:42 AM
I am glad that Mr. D is finally home and you won't have to travel anymore. Wishing him a speedy recovery.

Isla is beautiful. It was said here above that what goes around comes around. Hopefully it won't be too late for her.

Prayers for all of you.

Bubby
October 10th, 2012, 07:02 AM
Daisy,

Isla is gorgeous and I'm so sorry you're estranged from the daughter and all the mess that brings. My prayers go out to you and Mr D...take care of yourselves. Hugs, Barb

Blondie
October 10th, 2012, 07:29 AM
Daisy, Daisy, Daisy! Such a bittersweet post to read. My heart hurts for y'all. A lovely babe such be a fresh imprint on everyone that life is meant to be lived with hope and joy.
Glad that our Mr. D is home. I know you are spending your energies keeping him comfy and entertaining him with naughtiness of some sort or other. Give him my best.
Please be good to you. Splurge on something that makes you feel special.

Winniesfriend
October 10th, 2012, 07:38 AM
Sending lots of hugs your way to you and Mr. D. I hope some day your daughter can resolve her issues and you can have some quality time with her and her family, I cant imagine how hard it must be for you to have a grand child you cannot see.

Genny
October 10th, 2012, 09:44 AM
Congrats on your new grandaughter, shes beautiful! Hope MrDaisy gets to feeling better real soon.

pcbatiks
October 10th, 2012, 09:51 AM
Ms Daisy, Glad to hear that Mr D is home now & praying he will feel better very soon. And congratulations on your new granddaughter......wish we could do something to help with the situation with your daughter. .......please know that your forum friends are praying about this. Don't forget to take care of yourself while looking after Mr D.

Claire Hallman
October 10th, 2012, 12:15 PM
I am glad to hear that Mr D is home, I hope he improves rapidly and you have some time to take care of yourself, too.
I understand the estrangement with your daughter, our son was mad at us and we didn't see him for over a year. It took a small tragedy to bring him back and things are not perfect now but much better, at least we are communicating.
This, too, shall pass and hopefully she will come to her senses but it might not happen. Try to come to some inner peace with the situation for your own sake.

phoots
October 11th, 2012, 03:46 PM
Daisy, I'm glad to here that Mr. D is finally home. Sleep is good for him...but you probably know that. I'm so sorry about the rift between you and your daughter.

Pam in Vegas

quilter.martha
October 11th, 2012, 04:57 PM
Daisy, I'm playing catch up here on the forum and just found your thread. Your granddaughter is beautiful and I'm so thankful your other daughter loves you enough to have sent the photo. I pray some sense comes to the new mommy--soon! Family is so very important.

As for Stuart--praise God he is home. You have a heavy load caring for him, so please take care of yourself. Get the rest you need to stay healthy. You continue to be in my prayers.

middlesis1966
October 11th, 2012, 08:35 PM
Congrats on the new grand baby. She's so lovely.
It's good to read that Mr Daisy is home and resting. Take care your both in my prayers!

Musical_Starling
October 11th, 2012, 09:41 PM
Oh Daisy, she's absolutely beautiful! Maybe now that she is a Mom too she'll realize just how special and precious her own Mom is :) And I'm very happy to hear that Mr. D is at home and on the mend, even if it is baby steps! Keep us posted on all of the goings-on in Daisy-ville :D

sewmuchjan
October 12th, 2012, 08:06 PM
Glad that Mr. D is home and praying for you both to be well and rested. Your GD is so pretty I hope thing work out on that end and all will be reunited.

Love you two and sending you Blessings for a complete healing and Hugs, (((((((((((Mr & Mrs D))))))))))))
Jan G.