PDA

View Full Version : Tuesday Greetings

Blondie
October 9th, 2012, 05:54 AM

Happy Tuesday greetings to everyone!

Well folksies, I am going into the big city today for a friend who is having some serious surgery. She is like a "mom" to me and to many others. Most just call her Granny. Her name is Bessie, she is 86, and is scheduled to have part of her intestines removed. I need to jump in the shower and get myself going in a bit. Thank goodness I don't have to drive it, just being the passenger today.

It was a cool, cloudy and mostly moist day yesterday here on The Hill. I spent the day in total oblivion of the world. I was able to get some sewing done, a wee bit of cleaning and made some banging spaghetti sauce. Oh and some of my no knead parmesan bread. It was a huge cheat for Luscious but a cheat is a good thing now and then. Especially when you are eating spaghetti. I mean, I ask you ~ doesn't spaghetti call for some good bread? You betcha.

Fell asleep watching DWTS, only got about half way through; thank goodness for DVR's. Off to get ready for the day watching what I missed last night.

Have a wonderful day, folksies. Smiles are always a good way to start the day. So SMILE.

Monique
October 9th, 2012, 06:10 AM
Have a safe trip Blondie. You are such a wonderful, caring person. Anyone who has you in their lives is pretty lucky.

What a weekend. Saturday night I had dinner at my brother's house. Ended up spending the night. Got talking and time got away on us. Had a great time. And then on Sunday, we were inviting at our friends. A wonderful turkey dinner was served. Spent the night there too. I was tired yesterday when we got home. Laundry was done and a simple supper was made. I did have a two hour nap in the afternoon. I downloaded some shows I need to watch.

I don't have to work this week. Just a dr's appointment on Thursday. Will try and get that baby quilt finished this week.

Have a wonderful day everyone. And yes Blondie, you make me smile.

aliaslaceygreen
October 9th, 2012, 08:27 AM
Good, rainy, morning to you both! Blondie, it's STILL raining over this side of the mountain, be careful out there! Timmy said he saw some crazy wrecks yesterday...people just can't drive in the rain!
Off today, must finish making decisions on fabric placement on my groups challenge quilt, and then get busy making them! Quilt group tonight....

Have a great day, all!!

meemeecyn
October 9th, 2012, 08:31 AM
Good morning! Lucky Friend, Blondie! Monique is right about being fortunate to have you as part of this world.

On my way out soon to visit with 2 cousins. They are brothers, one from NY and one Florida and we try to stay connected. Now that all parents are gone, it is even more important to do. Were playmates as kids, so it is always fun to talk about 'in the good ole days'!

Should be able to stop on my home at my favorite quilt shop. If I get anything, it will be from the clearance room. They have good deals and that is the only way I can justify spending anything!!! (Good excuse, heh?)

Have a wonderful day all you quilting friends.
Cynthia

Bubby
October 9th, 2012, 08:54 AM
Good Morning,

Cynthia and Blondie, have a good and safe day. Cynthia, it's good hearing from you. We will be working at our old house again today. I may ot go....I feel way too tired today after three days of hard labor already. Molly is't feeling real well and I may take her to the vet for a blood sugar check today if they can fit us in. Something's wrong with little Miss Sunshine.

Gayle, special prayers are going out to you...keep looking up at the light and know that everything will be fine.

It's time to get ready for work, so I'll check back in later.....Hugs, Barb

pcbatiks
October 9th, 2012, 09:15 AM
Good morning everyone...........I hope to get some sewing done today on a few projects. Sorted books yesterday for the big book sale fundraiser in the spring that I help with. Will probably do that again Thursday too. We are dog sitting for my parents 126 pound golden retriever this week while they are out of town. He's huge but as laid back as he can be. Has anyone heard from Ms Daisy..........I hope Mr and Ms Daisy are doing good. Hope you all have a great day!

MayinJerset
October 9th, 2012, 10:48 AM
Good Morning everyone, Can't get these old bones moving today. Had a great day yesterday, lunch with my 2 sisters and 3 cousins at local restaurant that features $5 lunches, bill for 6 of us was $34 and change! Everyone came back here for tea and dessert and we continued talking up a storm til about 6pm. Made rice pudding my cousin Ann loves and presented it to her with a lit candle for her Bday which is next week. Tried to get her to take the leftover pudding home with her but she declined so I guess I'll have to finish it off for lunch today. Not a hardship for me at all.

My cousins and I (The Grannys) meet every month or so for lunch. Like Cynthia mentioned it's important to keep in touch with family when our parents are gone. This month I invited my 2 sisters to join us and did we all have a great trip down memory lane.

Think I'm taking the day off, housework was all done before the gals got here yesterday, Fall decorations all in place inside and outside, dishwasher taking care of yesterday's tea and dessert dishe and tonight's dinner is in the freezer so I'm chilling for today. May

Good thoughts for Blondie's Granny's succesful surgery. May in Jersey

CrazyMtnLady
October 9th, 2012, 10:51 AM
Good Morning all. Not quite as chilly this morning as the last couple mornings. I would still be sleeping if DH had been considerate enough to shut up when he got out of bed.....but when he is up everyone should be up!
I had the ole' wringer washer going yesterday and did a couple loads of laundry.. I will get the rest of it done today. Oh fun! And I need to search the place and find my metal bucket I use for the wood-stove ashes. I can't find it.
I am going to try to get my yellow quilt done today. I am really getting bored with one project and need to get working on something else too. I have such a problem with only doing one project at a time.
Have a great day all
Hugs and prayers to all. Will keep you friend in my prayers today Blondie. I have also been wondering about Ms Daisy. I haven't seen her on here.

lilmouse
October 9th, 2012, 11:06 AM
Morning everyone, I am doing fine....Blondie you are such a good friend, glad folks were able to get together with family...always a good thing; Dr appointments today for me and Sassi, she is do for another puppy shot...she isn't going to be happy with me today....going to ask questions about grooming her.....am mailing out a couple of stuffed envelopes today so Blondie, keep an eye out for the mail...will let you know when to expect your package....beyond that spending my day sewing! Such a hardship! LOL Prayers and hugs to all that need that....Susie

Sandy Navas
October 9th, 2012, 11:12 AM
It just occurred to me as I was finishing Blondie's post. What is the L O N G E S T word in the English dictionary? Give up?

It is SMILES . . . because there is a MILE between the two S's.

Hoping everyone has a wonderful, productive day filled with sunshine, happiness, good eats and comforts.

Ms. Daisy is doing well, navigating back and forth between home and Mr. Daisy's recovery station has worn her to a frazzle. She is pretty much plumb-tuckered out and is spending time 'taking care of' herself.

For those needing prayers and warm wishes they are on their way.

janluna
October 9th, 2012, 02:20 PM
Hello everyone, Hope today goes well for you. I've been down since Thursday. Went to the Doctor and he put me back on pain meds. Felt better Sunday, so I did laundry and then groceries. I spent Monday in bed. It was rainy all day Sunday and Monday. Makes me achy. lol
I'm gonna sew today if it kills me!!! I'm going to make Potato Soup for dinner. Can't wait. I love homemade soups! My DH loves it when I make them. He would live on soup. Well, I'd better get off the computer or nothing will get done. Love you all, sending healing prayers to all who need them. How is Pam's mom doing? Does anyone know? Hugs, Jan L.

shannonsaulter
October 9th, 2012, 02:56 PM
Jan,
Haven't seen an update on Pam's mom..hope you are feeling better
I am back to work today 3-11:30pm
So my sewing will be on my days off mainly..potatoe soup sounds yummy...
Never made it from scratch though.
Have a great day

EnumclawGramma
October 9th, 2012, 03:35 PM
Happy Tuesday everyone! I had a really nice birthday yesterday, did some sewing and then I made New England Clam chowder for dinner which was beyond yummy! I got the recipe from my East coast cousin so it was VERY authentic and there's plenty for dinner tonight too! I think I'll have my youngest DGD for a few hours today (Lillie, she's 4 and such a gem!) It was actually cold enough this morning my hubby built the first fire of the season. I loved waking up to it, but I'm really not ready for our wonderful Summer weather to be done. Awww well. Here comes Christmas!

Hugs and prayers all 'round, have a wonderful day!