• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Meli
    Missouri Star
    • Dec 2011

Sleep Dep, my favorite

DH left Friday for central Utah to go Elk Hunting. I've spoken to him every day. He and youngest son are having fun, but not seeing any elk.

When DH is out of town, I don't sleep well. I can't sleep unless there's a light on someplace, and I wake up several times in the night looking for him. This was ok Friday and Saturday nights, because I could sleep in. Tomorrow, however, I have to get up at 50AM. It's now nearly 110, and I can't sleep. Bleh. I'll be glad when he gets home!
    If you can't see it from 50 yards away on a galloping horse, it doesn't matter.

Follow my quilting adventures at Quilting Foote

Come join all the fun in our Farmer's Granddaughter Quilt Along!

Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things. (I totally ripped this off from S)
  • shannonsaulter
    Missouri Star
    • Oct 2012

Re: Sleep Dep, my favorite

What about reading that usually helps me sleep or tea
    These things, I warmly wish for you-
    Someone to love, some work to do,
    A bit'o sun, a bit'o cheer.
    And a guardian angel always near.

(¯`v´¯)
    `*.¸.*´
    ¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)
    (¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•Shannon

http://forum.missouriquiltco.com/group.php?groupid=63
    http://forum.missouriquiltco.com/group.php?groupid=64

Comment

• bkthomas
      Missouri Star
      • Apr 2012

Rock-a-bye Meli......
      ~Kathy~

Comment

• toggpine
        Missouri Star
        • Aug 2009

Ugh! I think the worst one I ever had was after I had been sick. I had been taking Ny-quil and Day-quil to get through the sinus infection because I didn't have any sick days. I was feeling better so I stopped taking it. I was up for 3 days and two nights. I was so tired, but my poor brain just would not shut off. I'd lay there all night trying to sleep, and nothing helped, at least I tried to let my body rest. Yikes. I'll not be doing that again!
        Thankfully I still have a young one at home. We'll camp on the couch with sleeping bags or she'll curl up in our bed and we'll watch late TV. I do make sure that everything is double checked and locked up before dark. At least she snores less than her daddy!
        I might be a little less comfortable staying here all alone for long stretches. I could see how that might bug you.
        I hope you get some sleep!
        Be who you are and say what you feel
        because those who mind don't matter,
        and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

http://www.toggpine.wordpress.com

Comment

• lilmouse
          Missouri Star
          • Feb 2011

Meli, wish I could help you but I am too far away....have all kinds of sleep aids....oh well....I suffer from insomnia and my SO is away more than he is home.....hmmm - wonder if that's why I got a puppy for my birthday...company...unfortunately she is not allowed in bed!

Comment

• Meli
            Missouri Star
            • Dec 2011

someone once offered to "rock" me to sleep... then went in search of a big rock!

Thanks for all the notes. Camping on the couch sounds fun. Lilmouse, I had a cat curled up next to me all night long. He misses DH, too, apparently, as he usually sleeps out on the sofa (he's a cat, he kinda does what he wants). I did get a few hours of sleep. Now to hit the shower and race out to work.
            If you can't see it from 50 yards away on a galloping horse, it doesn't matter.

Follow my quilting adventures at Quilting Foote

Come join all the fun in our Farmer's Granddaughter Quilt Along!

Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things. (I totally ripped this off from S)

Comment

• CrazyMtnLady
              Missouri Star
              • Dec 2011

Meli I know where you are coming from. I don't sleep well when DH is off on his gun show weekends. But I have my dogs to keep me company. I usually turn the TV to PBS and watch the Create channel until it is so boring I have to fall asleep. Some of those people on those shows just have no personality! LOL.
              Donna
              MSQC: Where Strangers become Friends and Friends become Family!

"The soul would have no rainbows, if the eyes had no tears."native American wisdom

sigpic

Comment

• mommadeb
                Missouri Star
                • Dec 2011

Cozy up to his pillow.

Comment

Working...
                X