PDA

View Full Version : Please Pray For My Mom!!

phoots
October 7th, 2012, 07:52 PM
I decided to start a new thread for my Mom. As of now, things are not getting better. We had a family meeting with her surgeon today. If the antibiotics don't show that Mom is getting better, she'll have surgery tomorrow. If she doesn't have surgery, she'll still be in the hospital 1 to 2 weeks to get rid of this infection.

If she has surgery, they will be removing her colin and she will have to wear a colostomy bag for 3 to 4 months. Then they will do a second surgery tp put her back together. If they do surgery, she will be in the hospital 3 to 4 weeks.

I will be st aying with my Dad until Friday. Mom has always been the one to pay all the bills, so my sister and I will be helping him with this. Also, my Dad feels totally lost right now. He and I will be giving each other moral support until I have to go back home.

My Mom's current status is that she gets fluids and meds to keep her BP up, she's getting antibiotics to try to fight off the infection, and her temp fluctuates from normal to as high as 103. Because she's in ICU, they keep a very close watch on her. At this time she does not know where she is or what has happened. Thankfully, she sleeps most of the time.

Thank you all for praying for her and the rest of her family. Please continue to pray for her and her family, as we are having a hard time dealing with this. It was supposed to be one night in the hospital and then home.

Thank you.

Pam in Vegas

RFREE
October 7th, 2012, 07:56 PM
Pam I am so sorry to hear your mom is so sick. Prayers for her speedy recovery.Take care of yourself. Your parents are lucky to have you and your sister there to help. Praying for you all.
Rhonda

kelliedi
October 7th, 2012, 08:00 PM
Pam thank you so much for taking the time to update us.... Dear Lord keep Pam's mom and especially her dad in your comfort. Guide them to make the best decisions in the coming days and weeks. Keep their burdens light and your presence known

Amen

HandsOffItsMine
October 7th, 2012, 08:07 PM
Our continued prayers for your mom as she goes throught this and may the doctors give her the best treatment path for her medical situation. May God also give your dad an extra blessing to give him strength to make it through this as he feels lost without your mom's presence. Prayers for you and your sister to hold the family together.

Huggers, Ruby and Don

MRoy
October 7th, 2012, 08:23 PM
Prayers continue for your mom, you, and your family.

Sandy Navas
October 7th, 2012, 09:21 PM
Oh, Pam . . . what can we say other than ask God to heal and comfort her. I remember your first request for prayers when you mentioned it would be a quick in and out. We just never know what lies ahead. I'm so sorry you are having to face this - and it is great that you and your sister are both there to help with your Dad. Continued prayers.

lilmouse
October 7th, 2012, 09:28 PM
Continuing with prayers for you and your family and for the medical team that is taking care of her!

Bubby
October 7th, 2012, 10:22 PM
Pam, I'm so sorry your Mom is so ill. God will be your strength through this and I pray for his peace and strength for everyone in your family. Hugs, Barb

mommadeb
October 7th, 2012, 10:27 PM
Prayers are coming your way. Keep us up on this.

Jess1377
October 7th, 2012, 10:28 PM
Continued prayers for you and your family for sure. ((HUGS))

dwil23
October 7th, 2012, 10:59 PM
Oh dear, I have been where you are with my Mom, 50 days in ICU. And like your Dad, mine was lost, too. I pray for all of you and for the doctors and nurses who are taking care of her. Lord, grant them the wisdom to know what is best for her.

Please keep us posted on her progress.

shannonsaulter
October 7th, 2012, 11:26 PM
Pam prayers for the while family.. Get your rest and I'm sure your dad is glad house there

dizzyLiz
October 7th, 2012, 11:37 PM
Pam,
You and your family are in my prayers.

bkthomas
October 8th, 2012, 03:20 AM
Oh Pam, I am so sorry to hear this - Continued prayers My Friend!

CrazyMtnLady
October 8th, 2012, 10:34 AM
Pam, prayers for your mom and your whole family. I will keep her in my thoughts.

quiltingtrish
October 8th, 2012, 10:47 AM
Prayers are still coming for your Mom. I hope things get cleared up and all figured out for the best.

Hugs,

phoots
October 8th, 2012, 07:38 PM
Thank you, everyone, for your prayers. Last night the ICU nurse told my sister and I that in cases of septic shock, they usually get worse before they get better. Today they ended up intibating Mom and starting dialysis. My sister, God bless her, is doing everything she can to keep our spirits up. She keeps telling me that Mom will make it through this. As for me, until I go home, I'll be holding vigle at the hospital.

my love to you all,
Pam in Vegas

pcbatiks
October 8th, 2012, 08:28 PM
Will be praying for your mom & dad and you too!

bkthomas
October 8th, 2012, 09:08 PM
Thank you, everyone, for your prayers. Last night the ICU nurse told my sister and I that in cases of septic shock, they usually get worse before they get better. Today they ended up intibating Mom and starting dialysis. My sister, God bless her, is doing everything she can to keep our spirits up. She keeps telling me that Mom will make it through this. As for me, until I go home, I'll be holding vigle at the hospital.

my love to you all,
Pam in Vegas

Thinking of you always.....

meemeecyn
October 9th, 2012, 12:09 AM
Prayers for you, your Mom and the rest of the family. Take care, Phoots.

Monique
October 9th, 2012, 06:30 AM
Pam sorry to hear about your Mom. At least you have other family helping you deal with this. Your Dad is lucky to have you and your sister close at hand. Prayers going out to you and your family.

MRoy
October 9th, 2012, 08:23 AM
Pam, your family continues to be in my prayers. ((((Hugs))))