PDA

View Full Version : walk thru the city this afternoon

mamaquilt
October 7th, 2012, 02:25 PM
Hi ladies,

Had a wonderful afternoon. Sun was out, leaves were coloring and DH and I took a 4 hour walk throu the city.

First picture is the Red bridge towards the banking quarter. the second shows a new bank building and some old houses at the bottom of the hill.
The third picture shows a pinkish shoe for 450.-. A very interesting store as they also sell cupcakes and coffee. Although I do like extraordinary shoes, this pair is out of reach. Price, pink and to high heeles.
Wanted to share my find though.
greetings from the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg

Cathy F
October 7th, 2012, 02:41 PM
Those shoes are so cool! I could just see me wobbling around on them teaching my cake decorating classes... did I say wobbling more like breaking my neck in them! :)

MRoy
October 7th, 2012, 03:41 PM
If I wore heels that high, I'd be 6' 2" tall...'til I fell off of them.:)

shannonsaulter
October 7th, 2012, 04:35 PM
Oh the scenic ones are beautiful! those shoes no way I am a flats kinga gal....but it would make a cool chair...

lilmouse
October 7th, 2012, 04:44 PM
Love the pictures and high heels would definitely kill me...I am a klutz in flats ....could you just imagine me in heels...especially since I live in an upper flat...the stairs alone would do me in! LOL

Sandy Navas
October 7th, 2012, 06:22 PM
If I wore heels that high, I'd be 6' 2" tall...'til I fell off of them.:)

Myrna, that gives thought to a new expression, "Those shoes make my tush hurt."

nurrsey
October 8th, 2012, 01:32 AM
Such beautiful pictures, except the heel....lol

HandsOffItsMine
October 8th, 2012, 01:39 AM
Oh in my younger years and when I had dough! lol I wouldn't care if I was taller than Don either! hehehe

Blondie
October 8th, 2012, 09:09 AM
Thanks Michele for sharing such neat pics.

Now as for the shoe. Love the color, although I am not a pink person these days. I paint on shoes all the time - some I wear and some I plant in my garden with flowers in them, so I appreciate the paint job. Platform heels? Does anyone remember the 70's besides me? I used to be able to run in backless platforms back then and they were hugely tall. I felt svelte, cool and sexy. Today when I see these on gals I wonder what happened to their brains. I haven't worn heels in 20 years. I can't walk and chew gum in tennis shoes, I hurt to think of what would happen if I had even a one inch heel to walk in.

buckeyequilter
October 8th, 2012, 09:30 AM
Thanks Michele for sharing such neat pics.

Now as for the shoe. Love the color, although I am not a pink person these days. I paint on shoes all the time - some I wear and some I plant in my garden with flowers in them, so I appreciate the paint job. Platform heels? Does anyone remember the 70's besides me? I used to be able to run in backless platforms back then and they were hugely tall. I felt svelte, cool and sexy. Today when I see these on gals I wonder what happened to their brains. I haven't worn heels in 20 years. I can't walk and chew gum in tennis shoes, I hurt to think of what would happen if I had even a one inch heel to walk in.

Yes I do remember the shoes of the 70's....my feet hurt just thinking about wearing them now. Now if I tried them I'd wobble around and look like a fool.....so I'll just leave those to the younger generation :)

CrazyMtnLady
October 8th, 2012, 09:59 AM
Great pictures, beautiful scenery. The shoes would kill me.
Yes Blondie I remember the platform heels. I had a pair and I even waited tables and bartended in them. Nowadays I can't even wear my flip-flops without falling off the 1/2" sole! LOL.

Poppytree
October 9th, 2012, 05:28 AM
Had a walk through our Botanical Gardens (up in the hills) and walked in 'Crocs' as we were climbing steep gulleys up narrow paths. Beautiful Spring day and the flowers were stunning, it would have been a sin to stay indoors on a day like that.

Shame that's another day with no sewing done. Hopefully I should be able to finish quilting the pieces I need for Saturday's class.

Monique
October 9th, 2012, 06:14 AM
Such pretty pictures all around. I took some pictures of some trees that looked stunning to me in their of their fall spendour. Those heels, I would definately fall off of those. I used to wear heels back in the day when I worked. Now with knee problems I can not walk in heels very long.

Bubby
October 9th, 2012, 09:01 AM
Thanks for sharing. You live in such a beautiful country, Michele. Love the shoes, but they hurt my feet just looking at them!

Poppytree
October 10th, 2012, 01:31 AM
Just bought a wicked pair of high wedges - going to dress up for the Melbourne Cup Day as we're out for a special lunch with friends