PDA

View Full Version : I could use your prayers

quilter.martha
October 7th, 2012, 10:42 AM
Life just sometimes takes crazy turns. I had a really bad night sleeping Saturday night--chest pain, back ache and abdominal ache. Spent most of the day in bed sleeping and in pretty bad pain. So at 5:00 last night we went to Urgent Care. They sent me via ambulance to the ER. Lots of test--my heart is fine (thank God), it's not pneumonia, and probably not my gall bladder. I'm in the dark as to what this could be. More testing at the hospital this week to definitely rule out the gall bladder. I am living on pain meds and am sleeping most of the time away. I could really use some prayers and some enlightenment on the doctor's part.

On a lighter note--the certification exam I took Friday-- I passed! I glad this didn't happen before the exam as there is a hefty rescheduling fee to change the appointment.

More later, I'm shaking so bad I can hardly type.

MayinJerset
October 7th, 2012, 10:49 AM
Martha, Good news about passinng your exam and we're all praying that they'll be more good news when they find out why you are in such pain. Hugs, May in Jersey

quiltingtrish
October 7th, 2012, 10:58 AM
Oh Martha - glad you got to the hospital and now praying that they find out what is causing all this.

HUGS,

bobw103
October 7th, 2012, 11:02 AM
Martha-sounds like something I went through a few weeks back. Took myself to the ER with same kind of pain spent the night in the hospital. Had a stress test that showed no heart attack and no heart disease. Just had an ultrasound of the gall bladder to rule it out. If that is fine they will diagnose it as acid reflux disease. They told me that acid reflux can act much like cardiac because the esophagus constricts (oh I am so not a medical person so do not know the terms) etc. My doc did put me on an acid reflux med last week and it seems to have already helped with the burning. You might want to ask about acid reflux?
I tell ya, if the symptoms that I had was not a heart attack for pete sakes I cant even imagine what a heart attack would feel like! But thankfully for both of us we did not have a cardiac event.
I will be thinking about you and please keep us posted.

Sandy Navas
October 7th, 2012, 11:15 AM
Esophageal reflux. You wouldn't believe how many times I went through work-ups before I finally found the right doctor.

Okay, you know I"m just guessing - I've got my prayers going and hope and pray all is well soon.

Oh,. and CONGRATULATIONS on your exam results!!

Many hugs!

Swedish leo
October 7th, 2012, 11:19 AM
So sorry to here that you are unwell. Hope the doc can sort it out soon. And congrats on your exam! Take care!

MRoy
October 7th, 2012, 11:44 AM
Congratulations on passing your exam Martha! I knew you would. Praying for pain relief and a good resolution to your physical problems.

EsGrandma
October 7th, 2012, 11:46 AM
Dear Martha, My prayers are with you - hope that gets sorted out soon!!!! Congrats on your exam - we knew you would do well!!
Linda

Madeforyouinma11
October 7th, 2012, 11:53 AM
Congrats on the exam!
I think it wouldn't hurt to mention the issues Sandy and Bobbi talked about. Do what the Drs say and hope things work out soon.

cyndiofthevortex
October 7th, 2012, 12:11 PM
Martha, so sorry to hear that you are in pain. I will pray that this gets resolved quickly and that you are soon well again.

Congrats on passing your exam. Of course you passed! You are such a hard worker and it all paid off.

Jess1377
October 7th, 2012, 12:32 PM
Oh Martha, I hope you feel better soon! I will be praying for a qucik diagnosis and recovery for you!! On a much lighter happier note ~ Congrats on the exam!!

BellasQuilts
October 7th, 2012, 12:44 PM
Martha, congratulations on passing the exam. We know you worked hard. I think Sandy et al might have a point. YOu have been studying intensely and probably worrying about passing. It may have just built up to stress. I would ask the Dr. for sure about the reflux. And saying prayers they find a fix for you.

lilmouse
October 7th, 2012, 01:30 PM
Keeping you in prayer and congrats on passing the exam...was there any doubt? Not here, knew you could do it....take care and keep us posted! (((((((((((Hugs))))))))))))))

HandsOffItsMine
October 7th, 2012, 01:37 PM
(((Martha))) My that scary, glad you got great emergency care. The testing and poking will not be fun neither the waiting for results.
Hope that start to feel better with the meds and rest in the mean time. Prayers of course from both of us here.

Congrats on your Certification, had no doubts at all on you passing. Such a smart lady and always prepared!

Huggers, Ruby

quilter.martha
October 7th, 2012, 01:39 PM
Thanks everyone for your support. I failed to mention I am also running a fever--just took it a bit ago 103.3. And, I already take meds for an ulcer! I admit, I am on half dose (the doc said I could try), so I am going to back to full strength to see if that helps. I am almost 2 hours past a dose for pain, and don't need it, so your prayers are working! THANK YOU ALL.

Lonna
October 7th, 2012, 03:57 PM
My prayers and thoughts are with you. Great job on your exam so glad that is behind you now.

Bailey65
October 7th, 2012, 04:05 PM
Martha,

I am so sorry about how you are feeling. Being in pain daily can be quite exhausting as I know having Fibromyalgia. If there is anything I can do please let me know as I don't live that far from Dover. Prayers are heading your way for a speedy recovery from your un-diagnosed illness also know what that is like having it take 6 years before being diagnosed with Fibro!

Sewbee
October 7th, 2012, 04:26 PM
Martha I am so sorry you are ill. Were you running fever when at the ER? Did they put you on any type of antibiotics? Persistent acute pain and 103+ fever is a real concern. Make sure your doctor or the ER is aware of the fever if you were not running one when being evaluated. I hope you do not hesitate to return to the ER if your symptoms get worse. I am glad your pain has lessened but you should continue to closely monitor any other symptoms that are unchanged or worsening. My prayers are for your quick return to good health.

Bubby
October 7th, 2012, 05:04 PM
I'm praying for you, Martha. You will be fine....keep the faith. Hugs, Barb P.S. Congratulations on passing!

bkthomas
October 7th, 2012, 05:58 PM
Prayers going up,God Bless and Congrats!

pcbatiks
October 7th, 2012, 07:09 PM
Martha, Congrats on passing your exam! And we will be praying.....praying already for the pain to ease & to find the cause. Lots of prayers will be coming your way this week!

RFREE
October 7th, 2012, 07:47 PM
Prayers they will find out what the problem is soon.
You have a great group of people here to help you through this.Congratulations on passing your test.

Loonwatcher
October 7th, 2012, 08:26 PM
Congrats on passing your exam.

I hope they find out soon what's ailing you so they can make it better. sending all my positive energy and good thoughts your way.

Sewbee
October 8th, 2012, 03:16 PM
Martha, I hope you are feeling better and further testing reveals the source of your illness. Please let us know how you are doing today. You have been in my thoughts and prayers.

Monique
October 8th, 2012, 06:26 PM
Martha, congratulations on the exam. I hope you get answers soon. Take care.

CrazyMtnLady
October 8th, 2012, 07:16 PM
Martha, I will keep yu in my prayers. Hope you get some answers.

promqueen
October 8th, 2012, 07:34 PM
Hi Martha - Sorry about not feeling well. They will probably find something like GERD but it doesn't hurt to check when you are in pain. I'm glad you passed your certification test. Let us know how you are doing.............Mary Ann

Blondie
October 8th, 2012, 08:07 PM
Martha, hoping it is the gall bladder as that can be the easiest surgery. I had fever, was sick sick sick, pain that was unbearable and could not even eat a tablespoon of mashed taters by the time I decided to go to the ER. Nothing to mess around with.
Hope you get the results quickly and the problem resolved.
Prayers being said right now!
Blessings dear one.

Blondie

meemeecyn
October 9th, 2012, 12:16 AM
Oh, no, Martha! just sent you a PM about our quilt shop date and then found this thread. So sorry to hear you are still not feeling well. Grateful it isn't heart issues. But acid reflux can cause that kind of pain, but I didn't think fever came with it. I will be praying for you, my Friend. Congrats on passing your certification exam! Can't keep a good woman down!!!
Cynthia

bec
October 9th, 2012, 12:30 AM
Martha, I just found this thread. Better late than never, I guess. Congrats on passing your exam.

Sorry to hear about your illness. I'm so glad that it wasn't your heart. I pray that the Lord guides your doctors so that they can give you an accurate diagnosis and the proper treatment. My thoughts are with you. Please let us know when you find out anything. (Hugs)