PDA

View Full Version : Homemade color catchers

Blondie
October 6th, 2012, 08:31 PM
Don't remember if I have shared this link with y'all in the past but I do love this woman. She is amazing!
Don't just look at this one how-to; she has a gazillion of 'em and I have put many to the test. I am currently in love with the homemade fabric softner as well.

http://www.onegoodthingbyjillee.com/2012/08/make-your-own-laundry-color-catchers.html

It's chic to be cheap.

Sandy Navas
October 6th, 2012, 08:53 PM
Tank you, tank you, tank you! Youse be so kind! Love these kinda sites.

NanaB
October 6th, 2012, 09:19 PM
I LOVE her blog. She is quite wonderful.

mommadeb
October 6th, 2012, 09:41 PM
Ok, I just spent the last hour looking at the website you posted. I love her ideas. I definitely have to try a few of them. Thanks.

shannonsaulter
October 6th, 2012, 09:52 PM
wow great stuff.. ty

nurrsey
October 6th, 2012, 10:13 PM
Thanks for sharing this Blondie....these things aren't cheap.

janluna
October 6th, 2012, 10:38 PM
Thank you Blondie! Neat site. Hugs, Jan L.

lilmouse
October 7th, 2012, 02:04 AM
Blondie, I will be making these...I also make my own laundry detergent...no sudsing and I love it....everything comes out pretty clean...except my white socks....too old.....but will check out her website for some other alternative cleaning products...she has a lot on her blog!

auntiemern
October 7th, 2012, 02:20 AM
Thank you for posting this link. These are some of the things I keep telling myself I need to do. LOL

HandsOffItsMine
October 7th, 2012, 03:17 AM
I love her stuff too, I just need more space and 48 hours in a day or a maid/clone...lol

janluna
October 7th, 2012, 03:59 AM
I got lost for hours on her site! I think I read everything! I have to try and make some of this stuff. Thanks again Blondie!!!! ((((((((Blondie)))))))))))

mamaquilt
October 7th, 2012, 08:17 AM
Thanks Blondie for this link. I have only one trouble, soda ash = is that sort of like baking powder???? Or is it something totally different?

Michèle

Bubby
October 7th, 2012, 08:50 AM
This is one of my favorite sites and I use it all the time. The Shout is awesome....better than the real thing. I hesitate on the laundy soap because I have a HE (high efficiency) machine that I don't want to mess up. I haven't tried the softener yet. A friend of mine is making all the products to give as Christmas gifts and also knitting some dishcloths to tuck into the laundry basket she will give with the products tucked inside....cute and so useful! I agree Blondie....it IS chic to be cheap!!

Bubby
October 7th, 2012, 08:55 AM
Michele....It's washing soda (not baking soda). There is actually a product called washing soda that can be found in the laundry detergent section of most stores. Here in the States WalMart sells it and it's not expensive.

aliaslaceygreen
October 7th, 2012, 10:04 AM
great, another site to get lost on for hours!!! thanks!

MayinJerset
October 7th, 2012, 11:16 AM
Great site, in fact it might be a little to great as I spent an awful lot of time going through it. The 3 ingredient Pumpkin Choc Chip recipe caught my eye and will try it out this week. I need to find a 'different' cookie recipe for next month's annual cookie exchange and this one might be it. May in Jersey

Jess1377
October 7th, 2012, 01:38 PM
This is very nice! Thanks for sharing this site with us Blondie!!! :)

lilmouse
October 7th, 2012, 07:10 PM
The laundry soap I make wouldn't hurt your HE machine...no sudsing!....It is 2cups washing soda, 2 cups borax, 1 bar of Ivory soap, melt Ivory soap in Microwave in 1 min bursts....cool and put inside food processor; once completely melted and placed in processor, add other 2 ingredients and blend...(might want to wear a mask as it is dusty)....one tbsp per large load....goes a long ways!

quiltingtrish
October 8th, 2012, 11:01 AM
Thanks Blondie! I bought the fisherman's wool yesterday and will start rolling the balls tonight. I have the receipe written down for the Shout, the washing machine detergent too. Those ingredients will be on the next store list. This will also cut down on all the plastic bottles you have to buy the store bought stuff in.

Love her site!

Hugs,

rebeccas-sewing
October 8th, 2012, 12:23 PM
Thanks, Blondie! I've bookmarked it. I'm looking forward to reading more on that site.

shorte85
November 1st, 2012, 06:53 PM
I have a HE washer machine, and was wondering if anyone has used the homemade color catcher and had no problems? I know with HE washer machines you have to use "certain" products with HE on it. So I just wanted to ask about it. :)

Blondie
November 1st, 2012, 07:12 PM
Bubby (Barb) may know. I think she has an HE.

shorte85
November 1st, 2012, 07:23 PM
Okay, thanks... I'm also just thinking about buying some color catchers, lol heard they aren't that expensive.

buckeyequilter
November 1st, 2012, 07:35 PM
I have a HE washer machine, and was wondering if anyone has used the homemade color catcher and had no problems? I know with HE washer machines you have to use "certain" products with HE on it. So I just wanted to ask about it. :)

I have an HE and all that is for is effeciency in saving water and saving on detergent. I use regular detergent in mine. So I wouldn't see a problem in using the homemade color catchers.