PDA

View Full Version : My rant for the day

Monique
October 5th, 2012, 07:04 AM

Ok have you all seen this? Well this is what is going on in my house right at the moment (minus the little baby). I got home from work yesterday and hubby is lying on the couch with a blanket. No supper made, nothing, nadda. So I say, "Are you sick, dear?" He replies "I have a cold. Sorry I did not get the dishes done". WHAT!!!!! Can't do the dishes because you have a cold. Mon dieu! You have to be kidding me. I have been going to work all week with a cold and you can't do dishes. So as I am making supper for myself, because he was sooooo sick, I DO THE DISHES!! He did not eat, but later asked if there were leftovers. I replied, NO, I ate it all. HAHAHAHAHAHA!

OH MY FREAKIN' GOODNESS!

Sorry gentlemen but you will NOT DIE because you have the "COLD". The world as you know it will NOT END!

I know most of you will sympathize with me on this one.

Just had to get it out of my system this morning.

This woman has to go to work, cold and all today. Boy, are we tough!

Bubby
October 5th, 2012, 07:18 AM
I remember those days! My DH is not at all like that....he keeps going and going even when he's sick. I feel for you, Monique and I can remember how frustrating it is! Just take care of yourself to get rid of your bug.

Blondie
October 5th, 2012, 07:25 AM
Hahahaha, Monique. How very true. Whenever Luscious is feeling poorly, he wallows around the sofa. I am not a good nursemaid. And when I am not feeling well, I prefer to be left alone but he hovers over me like a mother hen.

Hope you both feel better quickly. Sis has a nasty cold and I am staying AWAY from her.

Monique
October 5th, 2012, 07:33 AM
I remember those days! My DH is not at all like that....he keeps going and going even when he's sick. I feel for you, Monique and I can remember how frustrating it is! Just take care of yourself to get rid of your bug.

You are one of the lucky ones!

MRoy
October 5th, 2012, 07:56 AM
When my DH has a cold, he's is like Barb's DH during the day and like Monique's while at home at night....Jekyll and Hyde! When I'm sick he definitely doesn't hover. I've told him I could die and he wouldn't notice for a few days.
Hoping you feel better soon Monique!

MayinJerset
October 5th, 2012, 08:07 AM
Monique, Wishing your DH a speedy recovery from his 'tragic illness". If he doesn't get better ASAP I fear you may be forced to do something drastic like making him a nice bowl of warm soup and then pouring it over his head, LOL! May in Jersey

buckeyequilter
October 5th, 2012, 08:33 AM
LOL...I know exactly what you're saying. My ex was like that....got a cold go to bed for a week, lord only knows how long he'd be laid up if it were something more serious than a cold. If I had a cold or was sick....it was like, well hurry and get supper on the table before you die and I miss a meal.

I don't know if I could deal with that anymore. Jim is just the opposite...he'll push himself until I tell him to stop and take it easy.

aliaslaceygreen
October 5th, 2012, 08:38 AM
uh huh... and did you ever notice if YOU take to bed with more than a cold that suddenly it's VERY catching and he tries to one up you???
Feel better!!

CrazyMtnLady
October 5th, 2012, 08:45 AM
Monique: Please give your DH my very very deepest sympathy for his awful state of health. If I had his address I would send him a get well soon card as I know it must be weighing on his mind that no one cares if he lives or dies he is so ill. LOL.
My DH is the same way and not just with colds, he is that way EVERY day. He always has some major pain that needs attention. He is a diabetic and so his feet are going to fall off if I don't rub them and keep the circulation going in them as well as his legs. Yesterday he had to have a filling in a tooth and was hungry and whining all evening because he couldn't eat anything solid!
Most men are such babies..

Jess1377
October 5th, 2012, 09:02 AM
OMG.... and men think they are tougher than women????? It is so pathetic its funny! Geesh. My DH is a mix of the above. He works hard during the day (I do feel bad for him having to get up and do PT when he isnt feeling well, cause it dosnt matter if its raining and cold or a 1000 degrees out and you have a fever ~you will do pt unless you are at the dr.) but then he of course acts like a giant baby at home. (though he still stays up late, just cause its what he does even though he knows he needs to get more rest to get better) But when I am not feeling well and suggest maybe I make soup and rice for dinner cause I am feeling kind of "woozy" and have a head cold myself he says he will take our kiddo out to dinner. :icon_stunned: Then I get to make my own soup and do dishes and then put them away while they go out to eat. Honestly the only time I ever got pampered or taken care of when I was sick was the one time I had the flu, but I was trying to make dinner, and couldnt finish asked hubby to take over and he did, hesitantly as I sat down on the stool in the kitchen. Moments later I was tossing cookies in the bathroom and then he realized I "really" was sick. Shocking... :icon_rolleyes:

Man. This turned into a rant. I got issues I guess. ....(yes, he has a cold right now too, and the soup/rice thing happened last week) I do love him with all my heart of course he even admits he is a giant baby when he is sick. I guess I cant really complain much if that is one of the few small things that annoy me about him. Especially if he admits it himself!

csarina
October 5th, 2012, 09:03 AM
My DH is the same way and not just with colds, he is that way EVERY day. .[/QUOTE]

Mine too, he is not happy unless he is moaning about something, drives me nuts at times....................

rebeccas-sewing
October 5th, 2012, 09:04 AM
I must be a real meanie! There's no way I'd put up with that. Fortunately, Joe rarely ever gets sick and when he does it's difficult to get him to rest. I think I've only seen him really sick once in 30 years of marriage. I guess he had the flu and was in the bed for a week. Believe me, I would've done anything to make him feel better, however, it takes being really sick to gain my sympathy.

Sandy Navas
October 5th, 2012, 10:03 AM
Hahahaha, Monique. How very true. Whenever Luscious is feeling poorly, he wallows around the sofa. I am not a good nursemaid. And when I am not feeling well, I prefer to be left alone but he hovers over me like a mother hen.

Hope you both feel better quickly. Sis has a nasty cold and I am staying AWAY from her.

Oh, how true, how true. All the hubbies in the world must have been joined at the hip. Al does me EXACTLY like LL does Blondie!

Monique - make some chicken noodle soup and tell him it is do or die!!

bkthomas
October 5th, 2012, 04:24 PM
OK, I'm a widow but I just have to share this - several months after my husband died, I went into work one morning and in the break room where we go to get our first cuppa, there were a couple of girls talking on and on about how great their boyfriend/husbands were and when I got the chance to speak up I said,
"Mines still dead" - I'm sorry, but the looks on their faces were priceless!!!!
I couldn't help myself - I just busted out laughing and walked away!!!!

RFREE
October 5th, 2012, 04:36 PM
Have any of you ladies ever thought what this world would be like if men actually had to put up with a menstral cycle? Let alone giving birth? Really ? The world would come to an end for sure. The women who have men who don't think they are dying from a cold should count your blessings. Sorry any male fellow quilters I just can't help myself.
Hope you get to feeling better Monique.

Julie Tweed
October 5th, 2012, 04:58 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_4YzO3eBGQ

Panda
October 5th, 2012, 05:16 PM
So so true. Men are babies when they are sick. I hope you feel better soon Monique, and for your sake I hope your husband does too.

Kathy

Monique
October 5th, 2012, 09:47 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_4YzO3eBGQ

That one is funny, Julie.

Musical_Starling
October 5th, 2012, 10:04 PM
There is a difference between the "man flu" and the normal flu/cold that us women catch. See ladies, when the flu virus comes in contact with testosterone, it mutates into a super virus and causes all of your symptoms to increase tenfold. This leaves the poor man unable to exert himself in any way and even changes his voice to a higher pitch so he sounds as though he is constantly whining. And the debilitating pain causes him to moan and groan uncontrollably. The only cure for man flu is to be tended on hand and foot and not left alone for any longer than five minutes. And, a word of caution ladies, if the remote is any further than a foot away, it can be lethal!!

Now, if you believed any of that, you're either very gullible... Or a man! :icon_giggle:

auntiemern
October 6th, 2012, 01:06 AM
Ha ha. My Dh is the same way. All over me when I am sick. I move, and he want's to know what I want. Sometimes I just have to tell him, he can't pee for me, lol.

Genny
October 6th, 2012, 01:32 AM
Hugs and prayers to you Monique...you're going to need them...:0