PDA

View Full Version : Quilt for baby Luke

Divine Daisy
October 3rd, 2012, 05:39 PM
We are making a quilt for Donna F's nephew, born with heart problems. If you are interested please join the group!

Musical_Starling
October 3rd, 2012, 05:45 PM
Quick question Daisy darling :) I saw the pattern you picked out, and it's beautiful! But I have a question. Does it have to be solid colours, or will prints work as well? Not girly prints obviously, but maybe polka dots or something boy-ish?

Divine Daisy
October 3rd, 2012, 06:32 PM
Quick question Daisy darling :) I saw the pattern you picked out, and it's beautiful! But I have a question. Does it have to be solid colours, or will prints work as well? Not girly prints obviously, but maybe polka dots or something boy-ish?

knock yourself out with patterns love, just want to stick to the general colours. That ok?

Musical_Starling
October 3rd, 2012, 06:54 PM
Sounds great to me :) I'm in! I've been wanting to try out my heart-shaped ruler, this is the perfect excuse! lol

HandsOffItsMine
October 3rd, 2012, 11:45 PM
Hi all,

We have some change in the Group for the Quilt for Luke - Please check out the Group and join us to Make a Block or two :) -

An Applique Heart - 5.5 Unfinished - We do have a specific color palette as we're working with Mischief - Come check out Luke's Quilt for details - it's really easy to applique a heart, you can do it by hand or machine or sponsor a block for $5 minimum and I'll make the block, your donation will go to the parents towards the medical cost.

Your name/state or name/country will be listed on the label as a MSQC Angel contributor. :)
Mischief Fabric

Mischief Color Palette - Hearts can be Red, Blue, Green, Orange, Green, Brown of this color palette TY

Deadline Oct. 31st to Oahu - Quilt & Pillow Package to Luke, Mama & Papa...Thanksgiving Dinner :D

HandsOffItsMine
October 4th, 2012, 12:57 AM
Sponsor Check to be made out to Katie Bradley (Luke's Mommy) PM for my address and to discuss number of blocks and your honor mention on label. :)

Musical_Starling
October 4th, 2012, 03:26 AM
I can't attach pictures to my message in the group... I think it hates me lol Anyway, I found these two scraps in my "scrap pile" and I thought they might be suitable. The blue I'm really on the fence about, but the orange seems a little more suitable (although maybe too adult). Maybe I'll just use it as an excuse to go shopping! lol

Anyway, here are two scrap pieces I have. Yay or nay?

http://lghttp.12543.nexcesscdn.net/805E82/magento/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/r/i/riley-blake-designs-trick-or-treat--doodlebug-designs-sku-_c2534_500.jpg
(Trick or Treat by Doodlebug for Riley Blake)

(NO idea what fabric this is lol)

The print is about the same size on both pieces, the blue I had to take a picture of with my webcam (hence the crappy pic).

HandsOffItsMine
October 4th, 2012, 02:21 PM
:) It's hard to tell if they are bright or not. Mischief is made up of muted colors and I'd really like to keep it that way as there are other pieces being made along with the quilt for Little Luke to raise Sponsorship Funds on FaceBook.

Thanks, Ruby

Musical_Starling
October 4th, 2012, 11:40 PM
I had a look at Walmart, and NOTHING! Not one thing that would match that colour scheme :( The orange print I have is a light orange background with a red/orange print, it looks pretty close to the colours in the picture (at least on my monitor) and the blue fabric is a very light blue background with a light-ish blue print. The print is not bright blue, it's a few shades lighter. If you've seen the "Brazilian" Febreze can, it's almost those colours. Sadly, Walmart is my LQS, even though I live just outside the capital city :( Quilting doesn't have a huge following here so it seems. I'll see if I can find something at one of the little "hole in the wall" stores out around the bay

bhaggerty
October 4th, 2012, 11:56 PM
I am in too!

Did I read somewhere that you need blocks for the parents too?

HandsOffItsMine
October 5th, 2012, 12:43 AM
I am in too!

Did I read somewhere that you need blocks for the parents too?

Wonderful! No we don't need blocks for the parents. We're going to do a fundraiser on FB - Sponsor a Heart Block for those who don't to Applique or Quilt who want to contribute toward the quilt and other nursery items for Luke. They have a huge co-pay bill!! Scary to say the least.

HandsOffItsMine
October 5th, 2012, 12:45 AM
I had a look at Walmart, and NOTHING! Not one thing that would match that colour scheme :( The orange print I have is a light orange background with a red/orange print, it looks pretty close to the colours in the picture (at least on my monitor) and the blue fabric is a very light blue background with a light-ish blue print. The print is not bright blue, it's a few shades lighter. If you've seen the "Brazilian" Febreze can, it's almost those colours. Sadly, Walmart is my LQS, even though I live just outside the capital city :( Quilting doesn't have a huge following here so it seems. I'll see if I can find something at one of the little "hole in the wall" stores out around the bay

Send me your address and I'll send you some charms in the mail to use for the hearts. Susie donated some charm packs towards the cause. Yea Susie! I can take some from my stash in the interim. :)

Musical_Starling
October 5th, 2012, 02:26 AM
Send me your address and I'll send you some charms in the mail to use for the hearts. Susie donated some charm packs towards the cause. Yea Susie! I can take some from my stash in the interim. :)

I'm going to make some calls tomorrow, see if I can find a mischief charm pack locally (to save time at least) but if I don't find any then I'll let you know :) Thanks Ruby!!