PDA

View Full Version : It's Wednesday already

Blondie
October 3rd, 2012, 06:42 AM

Happy Wednesday, all of my lovely folksies!

Oh my we are so water logged here. I think we are going to get a break today and possibly see the sun. I am ever so thankful for the rain. Always amazes me that we get the rain during the season we really when we really don't need it - you know, because it makes the leaves more difficult to rake and then they make my allergies go bonkers and when we get a real doozy of rain, my kitchen gets a drip drip drip which makes the water rings look like faces - you know like when you look at clouds? That's fine unless you are having a sleepless night, watch some spooky show and think, wow, am I being contacted by the "other side" through those rain spots? Hey, it could happen?! What a shame I can't sell my ceiling on ebay. I am certain that someone could have a religious experience staring at it.

Yesterday my sis walked down the street in the rain to call UPS. (She doesn't have a phone) It was a soft gentle patter at the time. UPS delivered a package to the wrong address. The driver left as fast as he arrived, leaving huge ruts in their drive. So, we called UPS to have them deliver to the correct address. I thought they had GPS or been to school long enough to see house numbers on the house and/or mailbox. Anyhoo, the above picture describes me. Sigh. I do not like much of anything automated. Or robotic. Their website sucks a biggie because every toll free number requires you to mash numbers, none of which address a parcel delivered to the wrong place. I finally called one of their technical support numbers, got disconnected twice and finally when I did reach customer service, they wanted to know all about ME. Plus, I was tired of repeating myself over and over again. I can still recite the tracking number and I could've delivered the package myself quicker I think. After almost an hour of dealing with idjits, I told this person the only thing they needed to know was that the box would be on the porch where they left it. I don't have a phone that slams anylonger. Just clicks off which could be just as frustrating for the other person but not as satisfying. So, when I clicked off, I blew my whistle. Man, did THAT feel wonderful. It is a great stress reliever. I highly recommend one.

Have a wonderful day folksies. Smile lots and lots, even if you have to deal with stupid people.

Monique
October 3rd, 2012, 06:59 AM
Good morning Blondie. Fustrating dealing with IDIOTS!

I have a very busy day at work yesterday. It will only get busier with the Christmas season coming up. I know it's only Wednesday, but I will be happy when the week is over. I work until and including Saturday. I have been up just about all night. I don't know why I was having so much trouble sleeping. Maybe this cold has something to do with it. I could go back right now, but I have to work. I am thinking of a nap at lunch time. I am off from noon till 3:15. My MIL lives close by. I will need her couch.

That is about it for me. Not very exciting these days.

Loonwatcher
October 3rd, 2012, 07:19 AM
Hi All,

Blondie, I too am being bothered by sinus issues. Woke with a killer headache.

Last night I got the binding and label on Paula's quilt. Plan to wash it today then tomorrow the LAQ'r, a friend who donated cash for materials and myself will bring it up to Paula. Just in time because it is getting cold nights and the gas company couldn't hook up her gas yesterday - too much required to meet code; they weren't prepared. I hope they come back soon.

Hope everyone has a great day. Stay dry!

MRoy
October 3rd, 2012, 07:40 AM
Good morning....we're dripping wet around here too. Hoping for sunshine today and tomorrow so I can mow the grass before it gets really cold, maybe down to freezing, this weekend. Blondie, my office is one of the few in our agency that doesn't have automatic attendants or voice mail and I like it that way. I don't like dealing with idgits either. Let me know about those rain spots...if they start talking or anything like that....I've got spots on my kitchen ceiling too thanks to a leak earlier this year.

Happy Wednesday!

Jean Sewing Machine
October 3rd, 2012, 08:12 AM
Hi, i'm so totally mad at UPS for their delivery idiocy, I hope no one ever sends me anything Vis UPS. I ordered a small memory card from a computer store that absolutely demands your signature upon delivery. They come, ring and if you don't answer within 2 seconds they are gone, didn't come on the day they said they would return, when I waited all day for them. Then they sent me a card of where I had to pick it up, THE CARD HAD THE WRONG ADDRESS ON IT. After driving around for 30 minutes, I chased down a UPS truck driving down the road to ask where the headquarters were. I was FUMING! Never again.

I hope you all got your package without so much trouble.

I got two more costume pieces done yesterday, still a bunch to go, but I feel like we might make it! Still have a few weeks of intense work. Talk about not getting much sleep! I may shave a few hours off my office hours at work today!

And hope your day goes well! Happy hump day everyone!

aliaslaceygreen
October 3rd, 2012, 08:24 AM
Ah, don't get me started on UPS~~ The idiots use our neighborhood as a training run! And the forethought of the incredibly creative souls who named and numbered streets in our little subdivision leaves us with multiple locations with almost identical addresses... (think, 1234 Oak St, 1234 Oak Circle, 1234 Oak Court, 1234 Oak Drive)...mind you, my particular cul-de-sac has all of 5 houses on it, but we are one of the duplicates...and our packages routinely go to a different home... and the owner doesn't find it humorous nor is he willing to alert us if stuff shows at his house. So we have to stalk the tracker online, and then sneak up onto his porch while he is gone to remove our stuff BEFORE he comes home and takes it inside. Otherwise it takes DAYS to get him to be home when we are available to retrieve...
Arghhhh. To think, Xmas is coming...we will have to get back into practice again!!

Looks like rain, again... And work. Definitely. Possibly decorate for Halloween after that... probably no quilting today...have a great day!

carrie liz
October 3rd, 2012, 08:27 AM
UPS delivered a package to my door that wasn't mine. I noticed the phone number of the addressee was on the label so I called. That worked better than going through UPS as the lady stopped on her way home from work and picked up her package. Sorry to hear these mistakes are common. UPS isn't the business it used to be.

Renate
October 3rd, 2012, 08:46 AM
It calms me down that not only in Switzerland UPS is one of the most stupid forwarders I can imagine. Only overtaken by DHL, who hides the parcels anywhere around the house and you can seek them like easter eggs. The last one was notepaper for our company, put next to the garden shed also it was raining cats and dogs ... we only could throw the paper away ... UPS/DHL/FEDEX a daily reason for trouble ...

debinmalaga
October 3rd, 2012, 08:56 AM
Good morning, all! Wishing everyone some sewing and a cozy day on this rainy Wednesday. No sewing for me, alas, but I can enjoy it vicariously through you ladies!!!

Bubby
October 3rd, 2012, 09:02 AM
I have a great UPS driver. He even leaves boxes for me in my car if he sees it in town. No complaints at all, but I feel for you all who are having issues with Big Brown! I have issues with the USPS and could go on and on, but won't bother since nothing ever changes there, except for their rates going up and up. Wishing everyone a great day....I'm very droopy today and will check in later today. Huggs, Barb

CrazyMtnLady
October 3rd, 2012, 10:13 AM
Good morning all! Fine morning here this morning. Got up early and made coffee so that our Texas friend could have a cup before heading out for Kansas City to visit with his son.
Had a coyote that was barking real close to the house last night. We had the window open and it sounded like it was within 100 yards. Drove TarButt and Gator C-R-A-Z-Y!!!!
UPS here is not too bad. Although one of the drivers left a package at the bottom of our drive (200 yards from the house) and we didn't know it was there. Luckily DH went to check on the mail and there was the package. They won't even attempt to come up our driveway in the winter or after heavy rains. Of course I don't blame them for that.

Now that the company is gone.. I am going to relax today for the most part. I do plan on doing a couple loads of laundry and get them on the line though,

Have a great day.
Hugs and prayers to all.

Jean Sewing Machine
October 3rd, 2012, 10:17 AM
I have a great UPS driver. He even leaves boxes for me in my car if he sees it in town. No complaints at all, but I feel for you all who are having issues with Big Brown! I have issues with the USPS and could go on and on, but won't bother since nothing ever changes there, except for their rates going up and up. Wishing everyone a great day....I'm very droopy today and will check in later today. Huggs, Barb

Barb, we must have had the same driver when I lived in Cuba! No, I know we didn't but he was great! He really didn't like coming down my driveway, because if he was driving his longer truck, it got caught on our dam spillway. But he would leave stuff and let me know what was going on, unlike the idiots up here in St. Louis. My guy would also leave packages for me at school because he knew that's where he could find me!

Jean Sewing Machine
October 3rd, 2012, 10:19 AM
I am happy to say, that this morning from 6-8 a.m. I completed a cute little costume dress for my little woman in the show who is going to be 5 months pregnant when the show starts! So her dress is high waisted, has lots of elastic in it and 4 sets, count 'em, 4 sets of lacings so she can expand as much as she needs to. That ought to add an interesting element to the show! And it turned out darn cute, too!

NanaB
October 3rd, 2012, 10:21 AM
Blondie, saw the sun peek through a little bit earlier here 'south' of you. I also hate automated phone 'systems'. We need to put people (IN AMERICA) back to work and get rid of those computer phone systems. Nothing, repeat NOTHING, is more frustrating.

Have a great day, everyone. And, repeating Blondie's message, "SMILE".

MayinJerset
October 3rd, 2012, 10:33 AM
Twice I wrote a reply and twice it disappeared, do you think the computer is trying to tell me something?
I'm happy with today's gentle rain as it will help the azaleas we had transplanted yesterday to settle in nicely. Not going to be happy with the landscrapers bill but DH and I can't do that stuff any longer so that's the way it goes.

UPS screw up last year at Christmas benifited me for a change. Ordered a local baseball team tee shirt for DH, they sent me another one when I didn't receive it. Few weeks after Christmas the original order arrived. It was sent to #38 not our #34. It was in a small soft envelope and I think our neighbor would have put it into our mailbox. Anyway, baseball team office said keep it free of charge. Anyone want a nice XL Blue Claws shirt?

Never did get to run errands and food shop yesterday because of landscaper's arrival so it's on this afternoons agenda as we're out of milk, fruit and goodies. Later, May in Jersey

PS: I also hate automated phone systems even though DS#3 designed the software for them a few years ago.

Sandy Navas
October 3rd, 2012, 10:37 AM
Thirty-seven degrees here. WHAT? I won't go into UPS deliveries as we don't have any complaints here - although getting something to their office for shipment is neigh on impossible. We used to have a driver who was always asking me if I knew any women who were looking for a good, decent husband. It did appear that he wasn't qualified - and I did think he had a drinking problems just from his appearance and demeanor. He finally got a Russian bride but she was smarter than him and left almost as soon as she got here. Don't blame her.

We were supposed to get rain yesterday and Al said he thought he counted about a dozen drops. Things are so dry and crops so scarce that our neighbors have asked that we not mow the yard as they are searching for hay for their horses. They came in day before yesterday and cut quite a bunch and should be baling today. We'll see if the back yard is tall and thick enough for them, too.

I've been working on pinafores for the girls. Momma said they keep getting food on their school clothes. Got one done for Agnes, have another ready to deliver - except when I finished yesterday I hung it up and Mom had asked for a pocket on the front. I looked and sure enough I had it on crooked. And, while ripping it out shouldn't be a problem, I had gone back over the seam with a decorative stitch that was stitch intensive. I think I spent over an hour getting that pocket off. Also have one for Zoe about 3/4 finished. Al did stop at the HQ store yesterday when he was in Kansas City and pick up a hemming attachment for my Viking. YEAH. Look out, handkerchief hems, here I come.

Everyone have a wonderful day, and may healing occur to all my on-line friends and their families. I am sending a note to the cell phone manufacturers to add a special button that emulates the sound of a slamming telephone, another for a loud whistle, and another that proclaims in a Heavenly voice: "You, my friend, are an IDIOT."

buckeyequilter
October 3rd, 2012, 10:46 AM
Everyone have a wonderful day, and may healing occur to all my on-line friends and their families. I am sending a note to the cell phone manufacturers to add a special button that emulates the sound of a slamming telephone, another for a loud whistle, and another that proclaims in a Heavenly voice: "You, my friend, are an IDIOT."

Love this....wouldn't that be great. I had to hang up on someone the other day and just pushing a button doesn't have the same effect as a nice loud slam.

auntiemern
October 3rd, 2012, 11:02 AM
So sorry for all your UPS issues. Personally , my driver is excellent. We are practically on a first name basis. Between Bass Pro orders and Christmas, we see each other quite frequently. Not gonna get much sewing today. Taking Bubby to dentist, a long way from home, cuz he was the only one DD could find that takes children his age and insurance. He has a couple of spots on his front teeth , that we think they damaged from being intubated with each surgery. Then after that, have to take oldest DGD to orthopedist, cuz she is having pain in her knee and foot. Hoping it is nothing serious. By the time I do all that driving, I don't think I will feel like doing much, besides vegging out. Did manage to get 3 sets of coasters done last night. They turned out a little smaller than I wanted, so will increase the size on the next ones. Well DD will be home shortly for our road trip to the dentist. Hugs and Blessings to all. Prayers for those in need. Will be back later this afternoon or this evening. Keep smiling :)

toggpine
October 3rd, 2012, 12:57 PM
Hey Everybody!

I got most everything done over at Mom's yesterday. Actually, she is starting to have a never-ending list of things for me to do. I did however, get the plants all moved back onto the deck (we re-stained it a few weeks ago) and dumped out the old planters of Dad's. Parts of the concrete foundation she needed taken care of popped off with a single whack of the sledge hammer. The older part took a bit more work, but they can now have the guys deliver the new toolshed and greenhouse onto the pad.

At some point yesterday the school decided to cancel the after school reading program. I didn't hear about it until 3:45 and I was about 45 minutes away from the school. Normally, they are there working on reading & writing until 5 and I pick her up at school, which is why I agreed to go help Mom. Thankfully the gal that is in charge of the after school program is smart. She hadn't heard from me, and decided to keep Em there with the other kids whose parents utilize the YMCA after school "day care" program. She was worried about sending her home and nobody being there. (YEA! The is still common sense left in this world!) Which, if there is not a parent there to meet the bus, they won't let the kids off, but take them back to the school. I did get there at about 4:30, and Em was having a grand time playing in the gym with the other kids! I guess I won't be counting on the after school reading program for that extra hour and a half any longer!

That was probably more rambling than you needed! I am off to get the day underway. It's always weird to think that part of you are half way through your day when I post good mornings here!
Anyhow! Make it a great day whatever time zone you are in!
Cathy

EnumclawGramma
October 3rd, 2012, 01:17 PM
Good Wednesday! I know, it's not morning for most of you. Still quiet and coffee time here. Laundry is nearly finished, bed is made, dishes done! Time to sew. I'm doing various table runners for Christmas gifts this year. Some are ideas I got from you all! (Thank you!)

My UPS is no problem. I've never really seen my guy but he's always good about leaving packages. My problem has been with my mail lady. She's lazy. I actually had to have a phone conversation with the Postmaster. Ugh. I was worried my mail would get "lost" after that, still hold my breath when I know a package is due.

Recorded phone systems: I bypass all the options and always select the one that takes me to someone to set up a new account. That person is always friendly, they want new business. And they always know how to get you to the right person through a direct transfer. Little trick i learned along the way! I used to be a Receptionist handling phones for 40 extensions/employees, right when voicemail and cell phones were becoming popular. I hand wrote messages. We didn't have voicemail in the office. Callers used to think I was a recorded message! I actually got an audition for a voice over in a commercial for that little skill!

Headed up to my sewing room and I'm not coming out till I finish 2 WIPs. Have a wonderful day, hugs and prayers to all who need 'em!

Lonna
October 3rd, 2012, 01:53 PM
Good Morning or should I say Good Afternoon as it is almost noon here.

Its been a couple of busy days here at work so haven't much time to come on and say anything. It looks as if our rain has moved on it has been simply beautiful yesterday and today. Makes it so difficult in stay inside. But to busy to get out side this dang old phone just keeps on ringing. If you call MGM mini storage in Hammond you will get a live person which will be and only me 99% of the time.
I have finished a project the first in a long time. Granted it is only a set of four placemats but they are done and they are my first set of placemats. So the month of Dec. is taken care of. If I get started tonight I may manage to get a set done for Nov.
Phone is ringing again so I am out of here. Take care my friends.

lilmouse
October 3rd, 2012, 03:13 PM
Hi Everyone.....progress report....one quilt complete; binding and all; one quilt quilted waiting for trimming and add binding (already made and ready to go) and one top done...made a boxed pouch for neighbor this morning and have to try and duplicate an apron for her as well (and she also ordered two twin size quilts for her GK) so I will be making a little bit this year with my sewing......on the down side...my boss called me yesterday and cut my hours again...I am down to 3 days a week (all slow days) and only 20 hours total...I am not a happy camper...because someone else has my hours.....not sure yet what I am going to do....sit it out for now and wait and see what happens.....he thinks I am too old to do my job and it really irritates me!!!!!
On the upswing my GF is coming over for a little sew in and is taking me out to lunch/dinner at Applebee's so there is a bright spot and my neighbor took me out to breakfast this morning....so take life as it comes and SMILE....though I really feel like spitting nails!
Sigh!
Everyone have a good day...sending out hugs and prayers for all who need them...Susie

janluna
October 3rd, 2012, 05:23 PM
Hello everybody, I still haven't had any sleep. Been up since early yesterday. It rained here too, went up to 77 and it's muggy, overcast, and I am a hurting turkey! We have trouble with the Fed-ex people. And the replacement mail lady, who is on on days off and vacations. I'd give that to her, for an unfamiliar route, however, she lives on my road. Delivers everyones mail to different houses, and just doesn't care. All my neighbors and I, have complained. It doesn't do any good. She too, is lazy. If a package is to big for our mailbox, they are supposed to get out of the car, and bring it to the door. Not her. She throws it on the side of the road and leaves it wherever it landed. Thank goodness she is not on often. As for the fed-ex people, they too like to leave our stuff all over the yard. In the rain, the snow, the blazing sun. We have called, and are told, the driver will be notified of where to leave it. I told them they apparently have told them to leave it in a different spot every time. UPS has been good to us. When they deliver bird seed, which is heavy because I order 4 50lb. bags at a time, They always bring it up our stairs and leave it in the screened in porch, out of the weather. The rest of them would leave it in the driveway, or at the bottom of the stairs, in the rain, snow, sleet and hail. So here, we "God Bless the UPS! They all know I am home almost always. It's too much for them to knock, ring the bell, honk the horn.... Some people's children! Well, I best go cook dinner, it's getting late. Love, Hugs, and Prayers, Jan L.