PDA

View Full Version : Tuesday Sept 28th Gossip and Chat :)

Laura108
September 28th, 2010, 12:49 PM
Good morning or should I say afternoon ...haha...Nyquil is not my friend. insomnia is getting the best of me so I resort to taking something...it never wears off. I did however play with my circle cutter and baby rotary I got from MSCQ with Rodney's help. We had quite a time cutting the 2 inch circles but every other size works well. I had alot of turnovers that I had put together and then couldn't remember what for LOL gotta love aging but ...we used those I put them together to make the square only problem was a bit hard to cut over seams....ahh live and learn . It was fun playing tho if I get a chance today I will start putting them on solid squares and let you know how I like it...I'm sure I will love it since the tutorial was great. I loved both of them Natallies dot to dot and Jenny's circle quilt ideas. I hope everyone is having a great day....and I'm glad you like the idea of doing a daily gossip and chat i feel like it keeps us closer tomorrow I will try not sleeping thru reposting the day :) hugs and love

hillbilly
September 28th, 2010, 01:35 PM
I hate insomnia...it drives me crazy...but I can pen it down to when usually. (It's a MONTHLY thing.)

My son (the baby not the 12 yr old) seemed a bit squirmy in his tummy last night. Well, it was a pre-warning. I looked down at him sitting on the floor while posting the tip of the day to find him playing in his stool that blew his diaper. Fun stuff! I got to clean him, the tub and the carpet!!

I am finally working on the On-the-Go placemats as a tutorial..by popular demand :0) I did a cute gingerbread pattern. I will post it to my blog in the next day or two.

I have been digging through my christmas fabric again, hoping to find some cream. I wonder if DARK cream will work? I am anxious to get started on them!

My son (the 12 yr old) and I are working on a service project of making 60 little 22" parachutes for a religious organization. Yesterday we cut them all out, and today we are going to cut the twine that I have to sew onto them.

Husband is back to both jobs. Now both jobs know he has diabetes (sigh of relief, Jan?), and he's starting to act normal. Last night he even stayed up to watch football. I can't believe he's missed these KC Chief games. In fact, that was when I knew to take him to the ER.

Have a great day all!

sally
September 28th, 2010, 02:02 PM
Wow everyone is busy busy. Quiet day at work today. Too quiet so time drags.
Well got my upstairs cleaned last night (fought those nasty dust bunnies who were breeding like crazy under the beds:lol:) and got 2 loads of laundry done and sewed 2 more blocks. Tonight is my night to watch some sit coms and soak in a hot tub. Went to the gym this morning and I am starting to feel it....ouch! One thing about being an empty nester and hubby on afternnon shift I do get to spoil myself...finally!

Laura108
September 28th, 2010, 02:23 PM
Sally the hot tub sounds just wonderful. This is my favorite time of year...and Im almost awake..ughh at Nyquil. I think its not only affecting my sleep as far as not wearing off but I'm a bit shakey. Jan will yell at me to find a doctor here and Im trying trust me ...Hillbilly your tutorial sounds fun on the go placemats very neat idea.
I do not miss the days of babies and diapers its all the rest. My girls have lives of their own and I just hate it ....yep whining momma here.
I shiould take lead from Sally and do a workout maybe my blood pumping will help.
......speaking of cream fabric Hillbilly that is exactly what im looking for and cant find in this heap of unpacking and fabric mountain ....we never have enough of that I think.
OOO i did read a nice tip I may try ...a woman cut pieces of cardboard and wrapped her fabric around them to put on the shelves it reminded me of the bolts that the fabric stores use but on a much smaller scale....NOTE to self...Try it !!
Sally has inspired me to do a load of laundry so off to work work ...hugs and love
P.S. Im glad Hillbilly your husband told his employers about the diabetes...I think it makes us rest easy that they will watch out over him too :)

toggpine
September 28th, 2010, 02:41 PM
I've got the first round of morning farm chores done at the neighbor's micro-dairy. Gonna grab a bite to eat and do MY milk chores. Then I can get the stuff together to prep the green beans for dehydrating and make the next batch of huckleberry jelly.
It is still so humid here. This is very unusual weather for Seattle/Western WA, I'd swear I was back in Tulsa. Ugh!

Good luck on your cream fabric hunts! I can just imagine what I am gonna find in here as I clean out my sewing nook. This weekend my sister & I are renovating my sewing space! Perhaps after Sunday I won't be sewing on a TV tray!

I say that who ever is up first on the day starts the daily chat!

hillbilly
September 28th, 2010, 02:50 PM
OOO i did read a nice tip I may try ...a woman cut pieces of cardboard and wrapped her fabric around them to put on the shelves it reminded me of the bolts that the fabric stores use but on a much smaller scale....NOTE to self...Try it !!

My sister just did this and used something or other that they use for comic books. I guess to store them stiffly. She got them in packets from Amazon

Lola2Ace
September 28th, 2010, 03:35 PM
I just love this daily chat area and I feel like I am getting to know you all a little better.
Yesterday ended up being busier than I intended, but I did get the chili in the crockpot,apples for homemade applesauce in another crock and made my pumpkin butter----all are yummy! AND I got 2 Christmas Star blocks done. Youngest daughter had an appt, and then surprised me with a college night in the evening! aye yayae....LOL
Today is my GrannyNanny day for Ace, and there are serious issues here, but we are handling them the best we can at the moment. No sewing for me today, but during nap times I am checking links out from the gifties threads and such and doing laundry for DD and barbecued ribs for dinner in the crockpot.
Hillbilly, so glad to hear your hubby is doing so much better and it's wise for everybody at his work to know of his health issues and will know immediately if he needs help.
Lola

NM Lady
September 28th, 2010, 03:57 PM
This is a great part of the forum!

Me, I'm just doing the daily grind and reminding myself that I am truly blessed to have a job in such trying times.

As soon as the Christmas Star blocks are completed, I really have to do some house cleaning. Its getting completely out of control!!!!:icon_neutral:

My nephew is getting married this Friday, they decided last Friday. The plan was they were getting married next April or May, but it got moved up. I was going to start their Cross Stitch gift in January, so guess I'll be behind. It will be ok, I'll take a picture and say IOU.
They may actually get something purchased instead of homemade.

My son lives up in the Northern part of the state and works for the state and my daughter is going to college in the far southern part of the state. Yes, I have empty nest, am so proud they are trying to become happy protective adults.

I've joined a block of the month that after I joined found out it was for intermediate. I'll give it a go, but I'm a beginner. It will give me a chance to learn from some really expert quilters.

Gotta go back to work!!!!

Everyone have a blessed day!

Blondie
September 28th, 2010, 06:01 PM
Hello
Just getting my toes dipped in the forum and still finding my way around. I don't know how I missed this thread.

I am certainly enjoying this group - not too big, not too hi-falooting, great variety it seems in the levels of experience. No expert here, just someone who enjoys textiles - from quilting to doll making to cooking and gardening,

I am the main care giver for my elderly folks which some days requires more time than others. I like to hand sew while I spend time with them each day. Currently I am working on several projects - I have the attention span of a very small child. I am also a hairdresser, working just a few days a week these days.

Off to get the dinner finished. Baked spaghetti. yum, comfort food.

janluna
September 28th, 2010, 06:34 PM
Busy today but I'll be back tonight. Hillbilly Thank God. I was hoping the prayers would work on him. Next we work on him taking his meds right, lol one step at a time. See you tonight, Hugs Jan

Laura108
September 28th, 2010, 06:48 PM
I am so glad you girls like this style of keeping in touch!! I agree who is ever on first after midnight change the date and start the thread ...(great idea) toggpine :)
Reading on how to organize fabric has turned me into a cleaning fool...but somehow I have a bigger mess and thank you to Hillbilly for mentioning comics. Im still trying to get my belongings unpacked into this smaller house in Virginia and came across old Family Circle Mag's so whola that is what I am using to wrap my fabric around now its somewhat organized...oh mercy wait til Rodney gets home he will think I set a bomb off in here LOL--
utoh he's home be back in a bit...
hugs and love

craftyladysam
September 28th, 2010, 06:52 PM
Went for for my Tuesday swim today since it is Tuesday.LOL The water is so relaxing and I can bend my knees so much more in the water! I feel so blessed to have two friends go with me twice a week to the pool. Swiming is the only way I can exercise. Have two bum knees. Had one operated on and will have the other one when I can't walk anymore like before. :icon_hi:

sally
September 28th, 2010, 07:08 PM
I swim as well. Best form of excercise. I am doing this boot camp stuff right now but on Oct 15 I am going back to swimming twice a week. One of the gals I work with comes with me and we take turns driving. Nice to have a support group! If I am a good girl and do all my laps iI get to sit in the steam room!

Texsam
September 28th, 2010, 08:39 PM
I am so glad you girls like this style of keeping in touch!!

I meant to tell you last nite that I thought this was a great idea!

Well not much excitement today-went to work.

Oh man Blondie can I come over for dinner?! :icon_heh:

janluna
September 28th, 2010, 10:31 PM
This is a great idea Laura. Go Laura. I really enjoy talking about quilting and everything else. I swim too Shauna, but I like to do aquasize in the pool. It's a good way to exercise everything without killing yourself. Until you get out of the pool. Then gravity returns and everything knows it was exercised. lol But at least I can do it that way.
Well, I'll be around if anyone wants to chat. Hugs, Jan

Laura108
September 28th, 2010, 11:25 PM
Blondie did I read your in Va at the NC line? lol so am I im In Cana...are you close? I know the feeling of taking care of a parent..I just lost my mom on the !4th of August.
By the way ladies next time I read a brillent idea like standing my fabric up like a fabric store someone shoot me lol....While the shelf with fabric looks beauuuutiful the rest of this room looks like a bomb hit it. I have decided I have way too many started projects and nothing completed. Bat's eyelashes a little because my intentions are good :)
I love that some of you swim, what great exercise. I need to find some kind of exercise I used to go to the gym with the girls back in New York but here I have no one to go with :(
Sally what is boot camp? and congratulations on the 10lbs. Share share share :)
Jan I miss you....are you still with the girls tonight?
Ok well I'll be on for a bit....hugs and love

Laura108
September 28th, 2010, 11:26 PM
I meant to tell you last nite that I thought this was a great idea!

Well not much excitement today-went to work.

Oh man Blondie can I come over for dinner?! :icon_heh:

Thank you ...its nice to get to know you girls :)

janluna
September 28th, 2010, 11:47 PM
Hi Laura I'm here

janluna
September 28th, 2010, 11:52 PM
Miss you too. That circle was great I love the Fabric you had for the top piece.

janluna
September 28th, 2010, 11:57 PM
Good night guys Love you all.

Laura108
September 29th, 2010, 12:04 AM
Miss you too. That circle was great I love the Fabric you had for the top piece.
Thank you It was fun making it. I have them all cut just need proding to finish. Got sidetracked by cleaning. Sweet dreams

Laura108
September 29th, 2010, 12:05 AM
Good night guys Love you all.

Night Jan and everyone :0 rest well

Texsam
September 29th, 2010, 12:09 AM
Goodnite girls! Sweet dreams.

sally
September 29th, 2010, 12:34 AM
As my moms say..."nighty night!":icon_bored:

Texsam
September 29th, 2010, 12:37 AM
You know I hope I can sleep. Middlesis and Bridgette are MIA and that worries me some. Gotta be diligent about checking around corners and the back seat of my car! :icon_scared: :icon_heh:

Where are you girls?

pdjewelrylady
September 29th, 2010, 01:15 AM
yeah.... BRIDDDDDDDGETTE and PAAAAAAAAULA....... where are you?????? come out come out where ever you are...... :lol:

hillbilly
September 29th, 2010, 10:07 AM
They have been missing, haven't they?

Of course, I am late as this is a new day, but I think I am on a different schedule than you all. They baby is up at 5, so I go to bed early anymore.