PDA

View Full Version : My mom....

buckeyequilter
September 24th, 2012, 01:34 AM
Thank you all for your prayers and kind words.

My mom passed away at 6:45 on Sunday morning. I was called to the ER at 2 am on Friday morning and except for one short break to come home and shower and get a couple hours sleep I was with mom.

Mom was hanging on and they told us that she was waiting for someone to come or something to happen before she would let go. This morning I was in the room alone with her and read one of her favorite passages from the Bible to her. I then told her it was Sunday morning and that I loved her and gave her a kiss. She was gone about 5 minutes later.

I truely believe that things happen for a reason. I went to move my car in the hospital parking lot on Saturday morning and I turned the radio on and hit a button and it was southern gospel music (I didn't even know that station was on one of the buttons). One song was just ending and another started called Celebrate Me Home by the Perry's. That song will be played right before her service begins. I had never heard the song before....but the message was there that I needed to hear.

Here is a link to the song, this is a gospel song, if you'd like to hear it:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQ6Ky7i5GFU

Again, thanks to everyone for their prayers.

brook
September 24th, 2012, 01:52 AM
Shirley, I am so sorry. God is so good at bring everything together at just the right time.May He comfort you and your family through this and rejoice that she is with Him.

auntiemern
September 24th, 2012, 02:00 AM
I am so very sorry Shirley. God always has His hand in all that happens. I know how very hard this has to be for you, after just losing my own mom a year ago. As bad as this sounds, I am glad you were there with her when she was called home. Will keep you and the family in my prayers.

Meli
September 24th, 2012, 02:07 AM
Oh, Shirley! I'm so sorry to hear of your mother's passing. It sounds like her passing was peaceful. I know she is happy, and that she was greeted by loved ones. My heart goes out to you and your family.

bkthomas
September 24th, 2012, 02:09 AM
I am so sorry, May God Hold You I the Palm of His Hand.....be strong Shirley...

Madeforyouinma11
September 24th, 2012, 02:13 AM
I am so sorry for your loss..I know that she was happy to have you with her and that is what is important. My prayers are with you and your family during this difficult time.

K. McEuen
September 24th, 2012, 02:16 AM
I'm sorry for your loss.

Sometimes they hold on until you tell them it's ok to let go. I know my dad did.

toggpine
September 24th, 2012, 02:40 AM
Shirley,
I'm glad you got to spend the last hours with her. It does make a difference. Hugs and prayers for you in this difficult time.
Cathy

Winniesfriend
September 24th, 2012, 02:55 AM
After nursing for many years I believe people choose when it is the right time to go, Sending hugs and prayers to you and your family.

bakermom
September 24th, 2012, 03:14 AM
sorry for your loss

MayinJerset
September 24th, 2012, 03:37 AM
May she rest in peace. May in Jersey

Jean Sewing Machine
September 24th, 2012, 03:46 AM
You have my deepest sympathy over the loss of your dear mother. It was so good that you were with her for her final hours. The praying from the Bible helped her move from this world to her heavenly reward, God's hand was in this for sure.

Klasien
September 24th, 2012, 04:25 AM
I am so sorry for your loss, looks like all things happen for a reason, I hope you get comfort and strength from all our prayers and thoughts that we are sending your way.

((hugs))

cassie a newbiequilter
September 24th, 2012, 04:47 AM
my thoughts are with you hon..
when my mum died 2yr ago, aged 90.. it was sudden,, had a phone call saturday evening to say she had rallied round,, then one sunday morning at 8.30am to say she had passed away very quickly ,, with a beautiful smile on her face,,
knowing that she had been talking to her mum for a few days ,, what always makes us smile is at this time we had a bus strike in town so we always say Nan was late cause of the bus being delayed :icon_bigsmile:

carolv
September 24th, 2012, 05:31 AM
Sorry for your loss.

rebeccas-sewing
September 24th, 2012, 06:38 AM
My deepest condolences, Shirley! I, for one, truly know the grief you're experiencing. Some of us on the Forum have lost our mom's recently including me. The only consolation is knowing they are at peace and in the hands of God. I'm so glad you were with her at her moment of death. Not all of us are that fortunate.

candy
September 24th, 2012, 06:59 AM
So sorry for your loss. Praying for you and your family.

quilter.martha
September 24th, 2012, 07:26 AM
Shirley, I am deeply sorry for the loss of your mom. You are in my prayers for strength and comfort during this tough time. May God hold you and your family in his hands. It has been only 9 months since I lost my mother so I know and understand what you are going through right now. This forum was a tremendous source of support for me during that time.

wendyw1
September 24th, 2012, 07:47 AM
{{{{{shirley}}}}} hugs for you, sorry to hear of your loss, my thoughts and prayers are with you, It is one year today since my mum passed so I understand though it's never easy, may you find the strength, courage and hope within you love Wendy

MRoy
September 24th, 2012, 07:56 AM
Shirley, I'm so sorry for your loss. I'm glad you were able to be with your mom and tell her you love her one more time. I'm sending prayers and hugs your way.

Jess1377
September 24th, 2012, 08:05 AM
Oh Shirley, my heart goes out to you. Sending my prayers out for you and your family, I am so sorry for your loss.

aliaslaceygreen
September 24th, 2012, 08:14 AM
I am so sorry for your loss...

Patrice
September 24th, 2012, 08:18 AM
so sorry Shirley. Prayers for you and yours and as you know she is in a much better place. Blessings

Lonna
September 24th, 2012, 08:22 AM
Shirley so sorry for your loss. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Bailey65
September 24th, 2012, 08:42 AM
My heart goes out to you at this difficult time.

pcbatiks
September 24th, 2012, 08:45 AM
Shirley, So sorry to hear about your mom..........hope that good memories and prayers from your forum friends will help you and your family through this time.

Bubby
September 24th, 2012, 09:04 AM
Shirley,

I'm so sorry..I know how hard this is for you. It sounds like she passed really peacefully. My prayers and hugs go out to you and your family for comfort and peace. Barb

EnumclawGramma
September 24th, 2012, 09:31 AM
Oh Shirley.....there's nothing I can add to what's been said really. You have a lot of quilting sisters here who have walked this path, (me included). I just want you to know I am here for you. I will pray for you and your family, and keep you close at heart. If you ever need to talk you can send me a PM, I am here.
Love and prayers.......Libby

Deneldac00p
September 24th, 2012, 09:34 AM
so sorry for your loss

Jleko
September 24th, 2012, 09:34 AM
My prayers are with you. When my sister passed away, the same type of thing happened. I was with her every minute. I asked the nurse if it would be ok to leave for a few minutes to freshen up. I was gone maybe 5 minutes and she quietly passed away. I believe God has a reason for this and we will know what it is one day. Thank you for sharing the story about the song, music has such a way of touching us and I really believe that Our Father talks to us through music. God bless.

cyndiofthevortex
September 24th, 2012, 10:33 AM
I'm sorry you have to walk this road. It's a long and hard one but for the hope we have. I know how much you'll miss your mom. Thank God you had her in your life! I will pray for you and your family, for comfort, for healing and for strength.

CrazyMtnLady
September 24th, 2012, 10:53 AM
28591 Dear God, Please watch over our dear friend Shirley and give her comfort in her time of loss. Let her know that her Mother will always be with her and watching over her. Amen.

sewbizzy
September 24th, 2012, 11:10 AM
Shirley, I am so sorry for the loss of your Mom...my Mom has been gone since 1999, and I still miss her....
will keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers...

bobw103
September 24th, 2012, 11:21 AM
I am so sorry for your loss. Hugs to you.

Loonwatcher
September 24th, 2012, 11:24 AM
Shirley, so sorry for your loss. My heart goes out to you. Your mom is in a better place and will continue to watch over you.

middlesis1966
September 24th, 2012, 11:36 AM
Shirley, I'm so sorry for the loss of your mom. I have you and your family in my prayers.

Lisaau
September 24th, 2012, 11:44 AM
((((((((Shirley ))))))))l,m sorry take care

Sandy Navas
September 24th, 2012, 11:58 AM
Sending prayers and thoughts to comfort you as you travel this rough road. May your Mom rest in peace and may her peace comfort you.

pcbatiks
September 24th, 2012, 01:35 PM
Shirley, I just listened to "Celebrate Me Home"..........what a beautiful song.........praying for you and hoping that this song brings you comfort and peace.

sewmuchjan
September 24th, 2012, 07:11 PM
((((((((((((((((Shirley)))))))))))))))))))) sending hugs and prayers your way, sorry for your loss.

Hugs, Love, Prayers, and Blessings to help you though this time,
Jan G.

janluna
September 24th, 2012, 07:32 PM
Shirley, She knew you were there and you helped make it peaceful for her. I also had to tell my Grandmother that it was ok for her to go to Jesus and my Grandfather. God Bless you. Prayers for your loss and prayers for family are being said. Hugs, Jan L.

GrammaBabs
September 24th, 2012, 07:58 PM
Shirley,,, you have my condolences... and prayers to help you thru this... as i believe ... You are right where you are supposed to be right now... God has planned it for us.... you were there to help your Mom... she will always be with you in spirit,, guiding you,,, you just need to listen and feel....Babs

Donna F
September 24th, 2012, 08:30 PM
Im so sorry about your mom. Prayers that time will hurry and help heal your pain.

Debbie MM
September 24th, 2012, 09:21 PM
My prayers are with you and your family . My God wrap his arms around you and your family.

BellasQuilts
September 24th, 2012, 10:52 PM
Shirley, how wonderful you were with her. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. Sounds like it was a beautiful and peaceful passing. Yes, I love that song. What a nice song to play. Hugs, Mean

Cellomom
September 24th, 2012, 10:53 PM
Shirley,
I'm so sorry to hear of your mother's passing. God be with you and your family. You are in my prayers.

NanaB
September 24th, 2012, 10:57 PM
Shirley, I am so sorry for your loss. You will be in my prayers.

quiltingtrish
September 24th, 2012, 11:05 PM
Ahh Shirley - I am so sorry to hear about your Mom. I have you and your family in my prayers.

Hugs,

Genny
September 24th, 2012, 11:12 PM
Shirley I am so sorry for the loss of your mother. I Used your link to listen to the song and it really is beautiful. My thoughts and prayers will be with you. Stay strong and remember to take care of yourself.

ChristineB
September 25th, 2012, 12:52 AM
Oh Shirley, so sorry for your loss! My prayers go to you and your family during this difficult time!

SuzyQue
September 25th, 2012, 01:00 AM
Shirley---I , also, am so sorry for your loss of your mom. You are in my thoughts and prayers. The song was very fitting and lovely.....a great choice for her service. Thank you for sharing that with us. May you be comforted and find peace.

bhaggerty
September 25th, 2012, 01:37 AM
Prayers and thoughts are with you and your family.
So glad you were there for her!

buckeyequilter
September 25th, 2012, 08:50 AM
Thank you all so much for your prayers, support and all the kind words.

I am finding that a song or a kind word might bring a tear but a memory might make me laugh.

Well need to get my day started - my sister and I are meeting with the ministers today.