PDA

View Full Version : Sunny Sunday!

aliaslaceygreen
September 23rd, 2012, 09:41 AM
Ok, could I REALLY be the first person posting a good morning thread, or have I just been off line for so long while waiting for Comcast that this place has changed that much!

Wow, am I glad to be back in the web....
Wish I could say I accomplished great things while unplugged, alas, I sat staring at the screen, wishing it to work, lol (actually, I did a bunch of editing of Layla photos... a few here--- http://smu.gs/OMahx9 )

I think I mentioned we have plane tickets for Houston...next is hotels and what classes I may want to take...

The sun IS shining here today, and that autumnal chill in the air is welcome (although fleeting, it hits over 80 by afternoon with the accompanying humidity)

I know I have a lot of reading to do to catch up, I do hope that everyone is well!!!!

Monique
September 23rd, 2012, 09:47 AM
Good morning Trish. I was ready to start the thread but got side-tracked. Glad you started it. Well I still have my oldest son visiting. Sure is nice to have him here. He leaves on Tuesday to join his wife and get the house all packed up. THE HOUSE SOLD!! Now I will have all my family close by.

Greg happened to mention that Roxy wanted to buy a sewing machine. WAIT!! I have one that she can have (I have 6). No need to buy one. So, she will take one. I might get her interested in quilting, you never know.

I did get more quilting done on that darn baby quilt that I have been working on. Can't wait to get that finished. I am not sure what this day holds. I will enjoy my son's company until it is time for him to leave.

Have a wonderful Sunday everyone.

Ginny B
September 23rd, 2012, 09:51 AM
Good Morning Trish. Welcome back. It is a beautiful morning here too - a bit of a chill but I love it. It is sunny and since dh and I got a LOT accomplished yesterday, we will be heading to a local craft fair to meander about and enjoy some time outdoors. Of course, the garden needs some tending to so we could be outdoors doing that but I think we will wait on that and go to the craft fair instead.

Hope everyone has a wonderful Sunday. :)

Ginny B

SuziC
September 23rd, 2012, 09:52 AM
Good morning!! Up early....the Grankids are here. No sleeping in today LOL

MayinJerset
September 23rd, 2012, 10:12 AM
Crisp Fall morning here also. Perfect day to take a ride through the countryside and stop for a late lunch. Heehee, that way I don't have to cook anything for dinner - just some tea and toast or half a sandwich will do. Really should stay home and work on DGD Mary's quilt, make some phone calls and take care of paper work but the outdoors is calling me. Think we need to pick up some big pots of mums for decoration around the front door. There's a nice farm market about 45 minutes from here that always has giant pots of mums at very reasonable prices. A little old fashioned diner that we like is in the area. Also saw some great Fall wreaths at Home Depot yesterday, they aren't very big but really colorful and only about $12. I'm going to have 'the girls' over for lunch in a week or so and the front entrance would look so nice with a new Fall wreath and some pretty mums. OK, it's settled - that's the plan. May in Jersey

Lonna
September 23rd, 2012, 10:46 AM
Good Morning Ladies,
What a beautiful morning it is. Just sitting here enjoying this cup of coffee after eating some pancakes. As soon as I am done here I do think I will go hang out in my sewing room for a bit. Wanting to either start a new quilt top or I need to be cutting up some old blue jeans of Waynes going to make a lap quilt out of them for the Mother-in-law. Have about four diffrent things I want to do but don't know which way to go. Have an idea racing through my mind to do for my SS but not sure how to go about it. I see where everyone is makeing a gift for their SS and I just don't know what to do. My quilting skill level I feel is not good enough to make something for someone other then family.

What ever plans you have for the day make it great!

Lindagie
September 23rd, 2012, 10:46 AM
Such a wonderful Fall weekend we are having. Went to dgd's soccer game yesterday morning (6 yr. old's soccer games are a hoot). Then there was a Fall Festival in town and then DH and I went to another festival at the apple orchard. Today I guess I should make at least one apple pie, but it is another nice day, I would love to take a ride along the river; we shall see.

Still have my two quilts laid out on the extra beds; maybe this week I will just sew them all together as they are and not think about it anymore. Gotta get them finished so I can start on the I Spy quilts. Also started some embroidery at our weekly sew together group. Haven't done any of that for years, so have been practicing some basic stitches before starting on my baby quilt.

Have a great day, whatever you all decide to do with it!

lilmouse
September 23rd, 2012, 11:14 AM
Morning everone.....yeah, I finally was able to quilt...yes!!! Finished my GD birthday quilt but alas my camera is as dead as a doornail....have to find the charger and remove the battery so I can charge it up again...took me three hours to quilt it...just a zigzag up and down the seams....another hour to make the binding and another hour to get it sewn on....fought with that big time ....but I got it...the binding doesn't look too bad considering I machine sewed the entire thing.....don't trust preteens with handsewn binding...little too young yet.....I am just so jazzed....first time quilting in over two months...have been able to sew but afraid of the quilting and it went smooth until the binding.....! Hope everyone has a wonderful day...will be spending time in the sewing room most of the day...have a little laundry to do and pack up the car...going up north to spend a few days with my daughter! and the GK...prayers and hugs for everyone!

cyndiofthevortex
September 23rd, 2012, 11:31 AM
Ah, a sunny fall day to greet me when I wake up. What could be better than that? Today is Jacob's birthday party. He is turning 26, and although that sounds old it really isn't for him. He has bi-polar disorder which makes him seem much younger. He planned the party when he was feeling "up" and now is afraid no one will come or whoever comes will have a bad time. So right now he is "down." If you think of him at all today please pray that God will give him a day where he feels loved and cared for. B-p is a hard disorder to live with. But we can't choose what God brings into our lives, can we? He is a sweet boy who LOVES his family very much and we all love him. Whew! That's a lot of information I think! So, that's my day. Being with Jacob and helping to make everyone who comes today also feels loved and welcomed. I hope all of you also feel loved today. I know you are.

auntiemern
September 23rd, 2012, 11:38 AM
Good morning. So glad to see you back with us. Got a lot to do today. Run DD to six flags w/oldest DGD so they don't have to pay for parking. Then lsater today have to babysit the other 2. Gonna try to get in some quilting or something in between my little jaunts. Have a great day all. Hugs, blessings, and prayers for those in need.

quiltingtrish
September 23rd, 2012, 11:57 AM
Hello everyone ~~

Cyndi - prayers that Jacob has a wonderful birthday today!!! I love his name. That would have been the name of our 3rd boy, but when I was pregnant and didn't want to know ahead of time if the baby was a boy or girl - I would just tell people that if God thought I could handle 3 boys, then that's what he would give me. Hence, I got Katie!! haha - she was more work than the first 2 boys put together.

Lonnie - don't fret about what to get your SS. I haven't started yet either. I am one of those that thinks at the last possible minute what to make and somehow I get it done and out on time. And, you don't HAVE to make anything for them - perhaps you have some extra quilting books or extra fabric pieces or something like that to gift them with. How about a pillowcase in perhaps a fabric with a design of something they like - maybe birds on it or chocolates or a specific color? I received a few small quilty items wrapped in a pillowcase - I thought it was pretty cool. Or even a Christmas fabric and they can use their special pillowcase during the holidays. How about a small mug mat? I have made a few small mats that are about 5x4" and I use them to put my computer mouse on. Or you can put a drink on them. I love them. I have seen your album and your quilts are beautiful. Don't underestimate yourself sweetie. :)

Went to church early this morning - have wash on the line - heading to a friends vow renewal this afternoon and then off to Dad's. It is a BEAUTIFUL day today here in Central PA. It looks like I will have a walking buddy everyday after school. The gal I quilt with at our church is interested in meeting up and we can go together! She was so funny when she asked me if there are lots of bugs at the park and how far did I go? I told her I walk for an hour and where I started and stopped. She said that if she had to walk up the little hill at the beginning, she would never make it. She is quite heavy. So, I told her to drive down the road until it flattens out and I'd meet up with her there. Any exercise will be good for her and in time, maybe someday she can do the whole hour with me.

Well - you all have a super day!

Hugs,

EsGrandma
September 23rd, 2012, 12:48 PM
Good Morning! Just came home from church and will be meeting some friends later on for bowling. Hopefully, I can squeeze in some time for a couple of Halloween quilts that I need to finish and mail.

Cyndi - prayers are going your way for a great birthday for Jacob. My daughter is also bi-polar and totally understand some of the concerns - it's tough.

Lonnie, know that your SS will love whatever you come up with - have a couple of ideas for my SS but haven't gotten them done.

Hope everybody has a great Fall day!
Linda

toggpine
September 23rd, 2012, 01:42 PM
Good Morning All!

The house is quiet!!! Emily is crashed out trying to catch up on her sleep. Poor thing may sleep until noon! She goes flat out all week and then needs the weekend to catch up on her rest.
We have had a busy month and today is the last day of the state fair, so that is behind me now. I was going to back out of my commitments to the youth programs, but after being there and working with the kids, I am pretty sure I'll be easing out of the other group I volunteer with. Who would think that there is less drama with kids, including high schoolers that with adults?

I'm out to go feed the farm. I have chicken chores for the next few days too. Hubby is off camping with the guys for the weekend, so I get to feed the old biddies and check to see if they are laying. I think we'll need to get some new chicks next spring as these girls are about at the end of their laying. I'll turn out the kids and let them bounce and torment the milkers. The doeling with the really badly broken leg is mending, but it is still tender. Apparently one of the cranky milkers was pounding on her when she had her head stuck in the hay feeder. (Hubby broke that up.) So that type of thing isn't helping. I hate to keep her penned in the barn all of the time, so she has to take her chances with the big girls every few days to get out and get some sunshine. I had been having her out with the young buckling, but now that fall is here, his thoughts have turned to love. Not quite ready for her to be thinking those thoughts!
After running through chores, I'll be wading in to the sewing room. The cutting table is covered in layers of stuff. My goal is to find the surface no later than noon, and spend the rest of the day in fabric bliss! I can have at it with only minor interruptions and no guilt about dinner! At 6 Em isn't too picky and we may even splurge and pop down to the little restaurant for a burger!

Lonna and any other quilty sister that is participating in the Secret Santa swap; don't worry about your sewing skills! Do the very best you can, and we will adore what ever you have chosen to make. I think that we can all agree that in this hobby you never quit learning and fine tuning your skills!

Off to fling hay and then fabric!
Cathy

Sandy Navas
September 23rd, 2012, 01:56 PM
It is almost afternoon here . . . slept in later than normal. Al just got up from his computer and said "It's almost noon . . . " Shocker to me. There goes all my plans for the morning.

Good to see everyone up and cheerful today. My eye swelling went down dramatically yesterday. Got up this morning with it swollen up again. Didn't use my eye drops last night - testing to see if I can figure out the cause. Beginning to think it is sinus related. DRATS.

Hopefully can finish up a couple smaller projects today. Cheers and best to everyone out there. And, to our birthday friends - Jan G and Jacob

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! Cyndi - check your e-mail for Jacob's note.

HandsOffItsMine
September 23rd, 2012, 02:30 PM
Aloha folks,

Just wanted you guys to know that Blondie's computer has been on the fritz since Friday afternoon. She sent me a quick email and was taking it in to be checked. She was not a happy camper and was saying some not lady like words. lol

I'm battling the evil "M" word again and am heading to the darkend bedroom...

Huggers and prayers, Ruby

cyndiofthevortex
September 23rd, 2012, 03:35 PM
PS Jacob's party is going GREAT! God is good.

pcbatiks
September 23rd, 2012, 04:04 PM
Hi everyone, Just wanted to say thanks for the suggestion on my crazy quilt project. I got several good ideas that I'm seriously considering.....so many thanks to all of you. I have another project started with several more "on the list." I played......I mean I researched future projects :D on the computer too long last night and then did not sleep well.....could not shut the brain off! I've got to finish gathering stuff for a garage sale this next weekend with my parents.......so I better get off this computer! Hope all of you have a good week. By the way....I've seen some really pretty Christmas stockings for the soldiers that some of you have made. Great job!