PDA

View Full Version : Site trouble

BillNye
September 25th, 2010, 10:27 PM
Hey guys, I've been working around the clock trying to recover from our being swallowed alive on our free day. I'm building a new server cluster that will allow us to scale better in the future, but for now, I'm making sure the site is back up and running like normal.

Could you report any issues you see as you use the site - does it still timeout for you, does it stall on ordering, etc. And tell me? The more I know the better,

Thanks for the help everyone!

Dragonfly
September 25th, 2010, 10:30 PM
Thanks for your efforts BillNye, I still had problems with timing out about 2 hours ago and have only just logged back in so I will let you know how things go.

craftyladysam
September 25th, 2010, 10:36 PM
Thanks BillNye for all your hard work! Yes I've had trouble all day. Finally got to order today's deal. It kept timing me out until just now. Same on the forum too. Trying to help not complain.LOL:icon_heh:

janluna
September 25th, 2010, 10:39 PM
Me too. It goes to a page that says the server on this site is down. I get off and come back in a few minutes then it does it again. It looks like your going to need a mega server with all the new people on the site. lol Good job at trying to keep it online though.

hillbilly
September 26th, 2010, 12:01 AM
I know you know it hasn't worked for two days. I must have missed one heck of a daily deal. Oh, well, life goes on.

Thanks for working so hard on the site, Bill. We all appreciate it!

RockyMountainHorseMama
September 26th, 2010, 01:18 AM
Hey guys, I've been working around the clock trying to recover from our being swallowed alive on our free day. I'm building a new server cluster that will allow us to scale better in the future, but for now, I'm making sure the site is back up and running like normal.

Could you report any issues you see as you use the site - does it still timeout for you, does it stall on ordering, etc. And tell me? The more I know the better,

Thanks for the help everyone!

I knew you were a busy little bee! I too appreciate all that you do and being an IT Director's widow know all that goes on when I get a message that says, "we're cleaning up our server ...." and I can't log on :icon_doh: ... I'm just so impressed that it didn't take a WEEK like most sites, to get back here! GREAT work kiddo! :icon_hug:

toggpine
September 26th, 2010, 01:19 AM
It seems to be working like normal now. Even on my Mac.

Truly amazing how far MSQC and the Quilter's Forum has come in less than two years!
Keep up the great work! :icon_tup:

RockyMountainHorseMama
September 26th, 2010, 01:43 AM
DANG IT! Spoke too soon! Was just trying to look at the blocks in the block swap in the Groups section and got bounced off the board and couldn't get back til now ... :lol:

Texsam
September 26th, 2010, 01:59 AM
If this posts, it will be the first time I've been able to all day. The page loads but then I can't get anywhere else or even sign out of the site.

jrchapman
September 26th, 2010, 02:05 AM
I've been bounced out all day but I was very glad you'd managed to patch everything back up because I've been sitting in the accident and emergency department for 5 hours and you kept me sane (and entertained the two guys I was with).

6am now - time to sleep :icon_bored:

Your the best Al x

Texsam
September 26th, 2010, 02:08 AM
Okay seems like it's working now. Thanks for all of your hard work at getting the site back up! :icon_hug:

BillNye
September 26th, 2010, 04:52 AM
I've been bounced out all day but I was very glad you'd managed to patch everything back up because I've been sitting in the accident and emergency department for 5 hours and you kept me sane (and entertained the two guys I was with).

6am now - time to sleep :icon_bored:

Your the best Al x

jrchapman what happened?

And thanks everyone, glad to hear it's moving again for everyone. I still cannot believe how many people hit the site in the last two days, you'd think we were on the Today show :) I'm currently taking the site from our two servers to seven. Expect major improvements in speed in the next two weeks. Not to mention the new products. Sarah has been busy buying and we have some awesome new stuff going up (especially now that she can get to the site :icon_rolleyes: )

Thanks again!

-Al, the YSGLCG :)

hillbilly
September 26th, 2010, 08:58 AM
jrchapman what happened?

And thanks everyone, glad to hear it's moving again for everyone. I still cannot believe how many people hit the site in the last two days, you'd think we were on the Today show :) I'm currently taking the site from our two servers to seven. Expect major improvements in speed in the next two weeks. Not to mention the new products. Sarah has been busy buying and we have some awesome new stuff going up (especially now that she can get to the site :icon_rolleyes: )

Thanks again!

Yes, Jr...is all ok???

And YSGLCG...thanks so much. I will be patient if things get messed up a bit as you are working hard to make them better!!

New products?? That is wonderful! Can't wait to see!

Lisaau
September 26th, 2010, 10:07 AM
jrchapman what happened?

Thanks again!

Thats coz we love you so much BillNye that we just had to keep coming back to see you :D:icon_heh: ........:icon_bah::icon_bah: ..... what does "YSGLCG " dumb aussie here have to excuse me its coz l spend all my time sitting on my head down under

jrchapman
September 26th, 2010, 11:37 AM
jrchapman what happened?

Thanks again!

I was on a night out for a friend's birthday and one of the guys who has had heart problems in the past started having chest pains. It was nothing to worry about in the end but it's better to be safe than sorry. A&E on a Saturday night is always fun - lots of drunks and tramps!

Can't wait to see what's coming next!

Lisa - YSGLCG is our very own Young Single Good Looking Computer Guy

janluna
September 26th, 2010, 03:22 PM
And now we know his name is really Al not Bill!

Laura108
September 26th, 2010, 03:47 PM
im just glad its back and ok his name is not Bill.....how about I just say nice job MSCQ people lol

Sewbee
September 26th, 2010, 04:28 PM
Yes, thanks MSQC for all the hard work and long hours! Will look forward to both the increased servers and the new store INVENTORY!! YAY! :icon_bigsmile:

P.S. BillNye (Al) - just a comment that today I have experienced random server "non-responding" messages. I can be on the forums reading a thread just fine, but sometimes when I click to go to a new thread the server just hangs up again. At that point if I try to open a new browser window and go to the forum again or even the Store Home page I get the "timed out - server not responding" message. Can't figure a pattern or series of clicks that causes it though. I just find something else to do for a little while and when I come back the server is functioning again. Hope this helps if you are needing ongoing input!

Blondie
September 26th, 2010, 04:50 PM
Hello Al and Ladies
Been trying for two days and hoping that this time will be able to post and then manuever around.
This morning until about 2 hours ago I was getting the error/server message. And sometimes I could get into this site but not really go anywhere. If I clicked on a topic it would terminate my stay.

I didn't realize until yesterday and today just how addicted to this particular site I have become.

Thanks for all the hard work - and yes, hillbilly, I too was saddened to miss out on that great deal. Oh well, there will be others for certain.

Blessings to all
Blondie

pdjewelrylady
September 26th, 2010, 06:18 PM
WHOOOOOO HOOOOOOO :icon_woohoo: MSQC is back up and running !! felt so disconnected ! was a really wierd thing !! HUGS to everyone and a super big thank ya thank ya to Allen! :icon_hug:

janluna
September 26th, 2010, 07:15 PM
I agree Suzi, I was having withdrawal. :icon_mooooh:

Lisaau
September 26th, 2010, 08:56 PM
Throws Suzi a rope and says come back to us suzi ....come back fromthe light its not your time !!!!:D:lol::icon_heh::icon_hi:

pdjewelrylady
September 26th, 2010, 09:37 PM
"I am Here - I am Here":icon_hi:

(made in a little squeaky voice from the very middle of a dustspeck held in the trunk of the very large elephant we call in the internet,,,,,,,,,:icon_bigsmile:)

Sewbee
September 26th, 2010, 11:41 PM
Hmm... server stopped responding again...at least for me around 9pm CST. I was reading forum posts and clicked on the top right side link to return to first page of a thread and the server got hung up again.
BUT its back again now! I bet it gets a little wonky again right before midnight....as everybody tries to logon and be the first one to check out the new Daily Deal!! :D:icon_razz::icon_crazy::icon_hihi:

BillNye
September 27th, 2010, 01:12 AM
And now we know his name is really Al not Bill!

I've been found out!! Ohnoes! :) And SewBee, I think I might have accidentally limited your region, fixing it now! :)

Thx again for the feedback everyone!!

Sewbee
September 27th, 2010, 01:35 AM
And SewBee, I think I might have accidentally limited your region, fixing it now! :)

ACK! I've been limited! I feel like I've been sent to my room and can't come out to play! :icon_sniff:

LOL...not really...thanks for checking that Al! Now maybe no more server problems for me! Yay!
:icon_pcnoob: :icon_hihi::icon_happy:

quiltnut
September 27th, 2010, 07:43 PM
I was haing problems a few days ago it would say the site may be down and not go anywhere.kept bouncing me out when i tried to log in. :(
Today i had success getting in here.

shquilt9
September 27th, 2010, 08:32 PM
I have been having trouble with the site for several days. I have things in my cart that when I try to check out, the site just closes on me. This morning I had two items in it and tried to pay, shut down, this afternoon when I went back into the site, one of the items had been deleated from my cart, and still I could not pay. I usually pay for my things with pay pal, but that is not working.

Virginia
September 27th, 2010, 09:30 PM
why when I try to change Fonts it doesn't work, I get the name of the font but the letters continue the same.
Thanks, Virginia

Sewbee
September 27th, 2010, 09:44 PM
Hmm...thought I would test it and see if it is working for me. I am using different fonts from the drop down box. Some fonts look pretty similar but there are a few that are definitely different.

Virginia are you selecting your fonts before you start to type? If not when you want to change the font of what you already typed you need to highlight the sentence or word to select it first and then change the font while the sentence or word is still highlighted.

Blondie
September 27th, 2010, 10:02 PM
I had been having difficulties for a few days and when I tried to get the deal of the day for the free thing, it kept showing up server error. Guess it lied because I got my deal of the day TODAY.
I am so thrilled, surprised and over the top about that.

And I see the html appears to be working on this end.

Night all