PDA

View Full Version : Prayers for my mom

SuzyQue
September 21st, 2012, 01:43 PM
Dear Ladies and Gents---If you would remember my mom and me in prayers today, I would really cherish it. My mom has been declining rapidly mentally in the last few days. We had to put her in the hospital last night and will be looking at future long term care for her soon. She is the sweetest, nicest woman....a fellow quilter from a few years back. She is now scared and lost and almost uncommunicative. None of the tests show a reason, but the dementia word is floating around now. I have walked this road before, but I would appreciate prayers for wisdom, patience, and peace as we struggle to do the best for her.

pcbatiks
September 21st, 2012, 01:48 PM
SuzyQue, Prayers and thoughts being said for you and your mom....will be thinking of you.

Bubby
September 21st, 2012, 02:10 PM
Suzy, Of course I will pray for you and your Mom. Hugs to both of you, Barb

Patrice
September 21st, 2012, 02:10 PM
prayers for you both. I know what you are going through.

bkthomas
September 21st, 2012, 02:42 PM
Done - May God hold you in the palm of His hand!

Lonna
September 21st, 2012, 03:13 PM
Prayers for the both of you.

Sandy Navas
September 21st, 2012, 03:19 PM
Oh, Suzy - My heart flew to my throat. Be the strong person you are - facing issues with parents is so difficult. Praying for you and your Mom. God be with her.

Jess1377
September 21st, 2012, 03:20 PM
I am so sorry to hear that. My Dad recently went through something similar and mysterious as well this past spring and spent a week in the hospital. There was alot of med changes and is still being monitored bi-weekly to make sure he maintains the point where he is at. He did improve a bit though it takes time. It really is difficult to go through. You and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers for sure.

middlesis1966
September 21st, 2012, 03:33 PM
prayers for you both!

GrammaBabs
September 21st, 2012, 03:36 PM
You and Mom will be close to my thoughts and prayers.... parents are precious... mine are all gone, but it's the here and now that counts... and will stay with you after they are gone... Bless you both... i'm thinking of you... hugs Babs

janluna
September 21st, 2012, 04:15 PM
Praying now for you, your Mom and the family. It's a very hard time for you. I know what you are going through.
The Lord will make you strong and you will get through this. Vent anytime you need it. Hugs, Jan L.

EsGrandma
September 21st, 2012, 04:38 PM
Praying for you, your mom and your family - and sending hugs out to you - Linda

HandsOffItsMine
September 21st, 2012, 04:42 PM
Prayers and healing light for your Mom and prayers/hugs for you, it's a tough road taking care of one's parents. Draw your strength from God and your family/friends.

quiltingtrish
September 21st, 2012, 04:45 PM
Prayers for you and your mom and family. It is so hard to see our parents go through these changes and I pray that they find something to help her.

Hugs,

Genny
September 21st, 2012, 04:46 PM
Thoughts and prayers for you and your mom. I can honestly say I know how you feel, this is what I went thru about 5 years ago and its really hard on both of you.

AlohaSandy
September 21st, 2012, 04:46 PM
Our prayers are with you and your family just remember God does not give you anymore than you can handle, be strong for your mom.

SuzyQue
September 21st, 2012, 04:54 PM
Thanks to each of you. My mom strongly believes in prayer and will be so grateful for all of your prayers...if she understands. I am off to the hospital, again, and I am strengthened by your wonderful and kind words. This is the last of the parents, so I have done this before, but it doesn't get any easier.....matter of fact, I think this is the hardest one yet......or maybe because it is the last one. I don't know how I would get through these days without all of you! I so love this site!

MayinJerset
September 21st, 2012, 05:19 PM
SueQue, Sigh, it's a sad day when this happens, just know that my prayers are with you and your Mom at this difficult time. May in Jersey

Divine Daisy
September 21st, 2012, 06:45 PM
Thinking of you both, stay strong, she needs your strength. Make sure you have support too, its a tough road

EnumclawGramma
September 21st, 2012, 07:16 PM
Praying for you and your Mom....

Musical_Starling
September 21st, 2012, 08:02 PM
Praying for both you and your Mom. Just take it one day at a time, and hopefully you'll start to see some improvement *hugs*

auntiemern
September 21st, 2012, 08:09 PM
Prayers for you and your mom. I know how scared and worried you are, but know that we here, are all thinking of and praying for you.

Deneldac00p
September 21st, 2012, 08:16 PM
Hugs and prayers for you and your Mom.

Monique
September 21st, 2012, 08:25 PM
Prayers and hugs to you, your mom and your whole family. I do not know what you are going through and have no words of wisdom to offer, but I will be thinking you you.

Bailey65
September 21st, 2012, 08:30 PM
You are in my thoughts & prayers! I know how hard this can be. We went through this with my Dad and Mother-in-law back to back. My heart breaks for you

candy
September 21st, 2012, 08:34 PM
Praying for your Mother and you.

MRoy
September 21st, 2012, 08:56 PM
Praying for your mom and for you. I pray that God takes away your Mom's fear and comforts her and you. (((HUGS)))

Meli
September 21st, 2012, 09:55 PM
Suzy, I am so sorry to hear about your mom. I know how it is to have a gifted, talented mother disappear into the foggy, back alleyways of the mind. I know you'll provide her with all the love and care she needs and deserves. Remember to take care of yourself along the way, and cherish the tiny moments. They are so precious. You and your mother are definitely in my prayers.

Ginny B
September 21st, 2012, 10:11 PM
{{{{Hugs}}}} to you and your mom Suzy. So hard. Hope they are able to help your mom with the fear. Thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Ginny B

BellasQuilts
September 21st, 2012, 11:23 PM
SuzyQue, having just moved dad to assisted living I am very sympathetic to your situation. Saying prayers for both your mom and your good sweet self.

lilmouse
September 22nd, 2012, 01:18 AM
Keeping you and your Mom in prayer and sending hugs to both of you!

SuzyQue
September 22nd, 2012, 12:06 PM
Thank you once again for all your prayers! My mom had many moments yesterday of lucid behavior and it was good to see her calm and happy then. I have had such a peace come over me and I owe it all to you, your prayers, and most to my amazing God who hears those prayers! I am so thankful for this site and all of you! Thanks for always brightening a difficult day!

promqueen
September 22nd, 2012, 12:09 PM
Suzyque, Wishing you the strength to sustain you throughout this terrible, heart wrenching ordeal. It's a tough one! God Bless!

Jess1377
September 22nd, 2012, 12:36 PM
Still keeping you and your Mom in my prayers today. ((((SuzyQue))))

alliek
September 23rd, 2012, 01:20 PM
Dear SuzyQue, Your mom is in my prayers and you for peace of mind and spirit. This is one of those tough life-times, you are the one experiencing it, we are up holding you. God's Blessings.

CrazyMtnLady
September 23rd, 2012, 10:48 PM
SuzyQue, I will keep you and your mom in my prayers. {{{Hugs}}}}

SuzyQue
September 24th, 2012, 01:17 AM
Once again, I thank you for your prayers and encouragement. Tomorrow might be the big decision day. Please pray that as siblings we can agree and that we are making the correct decision for our mom. Since her mental abilities seem to come and go, this has not been a clear cut decision. I still feel such peace and I cherish every moment that I can look in those dark brown eyes and see her smile. She is in there.....although sometimes not quite herself. I would give a lot to NOT have my children have to go through this someday!

Meli
September 24th, 2012, 02:16 AM
You and your family are in my heart and prayers!

cassie a newbiequilter
September 24th, 2012, 04:25 AM
my thoughts go with you hon,,,,
this happened to my father so quickly,, 7yr ago..
but hospital would not commit themselves,,, the saddest part is he fell in hospital, broke his hip, died three weeks later.....there was an inquest and they had the gall to say he had demetia,
as you could imagine i was spitting bullets but what can you do against authority,,

rebeccas-sewing
September 24th, 2012, 06:43 AM
It's so sad when our loved-one's minds begin to fail. Hugs and prayers for you, your mom and your family.

quilter.martha
September 24th, 2012, 07:31 AM
I just found this thread. Suzy, you have my prayers and support. How hard it is to see a parent slip away mentally like this. It happened to my mom before she passed. Love her and cherish as much time with her as you can.

SuzyQue
September 25th, 2012, 01:09 AM
Today we made the decision to try assisted living with my mom. We move her furniture in the morning and her in the afternoon. It is happening so quickly! I hope and pray we made the right decision for her. She took the news ok, but then became very confused and upset. Once again, I watched me disappear from a loved one's mind! ...first my great-grandmother didn't know me, followed by my granny, then my father.....now my mom. Please pray that this is just from stress and anxiety and that she will be able to handle her new living arrangement. I am beyond exhausted and have one more hectic day to endure. Please, Heavenly Father, never let me forget who my children are! Even though I have experienced this before and tried to prepare myself............the pain is so deep.

BellasQuilts
September 25th, 2012, 01:20 AM
Sending you a big hug, SuzieQue. I just moved dad into A.L. I know the exhausted part. So sorry to hear that she doesn't remember you, but you remember HER! That's the most important part.

Sandy Navas
September 25th, 2012, 11:33 AM
SuzyQue - still praying for your Mom, you and the whole family. I totally feel your pain. And, as you are finding out, the most difficult times are those when she won't recognize you. I often wonder what turmoil must be passing through their minds. Mom relates to things that happened when she was a child - thank God she told us all those stories as we were growing up. May peace be upon you all. God will give you the strength you need - although you won't always realize he's holding you up. Hugs and continued support!

RiverMomm
September 25th, 2012, 12:06 PM
Sending prayers to you and your family. Please try to take care of yourself and remember the good times and love you mother gave you as you go through this ordeal. ((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))

promqueen
September 27th, 2012, 03:11 PM
Hi again SuzyQue - Still praying for you and your family. When my Mom went through this (total of 10 years) alot of the time my sister and I could take care of her in our homes. However, as time went on and it became more difficult she needed round the clock care. Don't feel guilty about putting her in AL. Take it one day at a time and first and foremost take care of yourself to give you the strength. God will get you through it. Something I did was tape record our conversations we had and now it's nice to listen to them but it's probably not for everyone. Any updates?