PDA

View Full Version : TGIF

Monique
September 21st, 2012, 07:56 AM
Yes it is Friday. I would like to know where the rest of the week went please. I slept in yesterday and did not have much time before I had to go to work. I am working again today. Glad to have the extra hours. Not much time for quilting but I have done a lot in my sleep.

I hope everyone has a wonderful day.

This was on my Facebook page this morning. Might help some with sinus problems.

http://www.allfreeslowcookerrecipes.com/Slow-Cooker-Soups/Buffalo-Wing-Soup

Lonna
September 21st, 2012, 08:31 AM
Good Morning Monique and all to follow,

Another work day here also. But I do have tomorrow off I try to take at least one sat off a month and tomorrow is that sat. Have a lot to do tomorrow here in the house but once it is done the bedroom will be all in order. Lovely weather here today wish I could afford to take today off also but that is not going to fly.

Have a great day Ladies. Enjoy the last day of summer!

cyndiofthevortex
September 21st, 2012, 09:01 AM
It's a chilly start here in NH. Fall seems to really be here! Yay for fall! I have errands this morning and afternoon with some house cleaning in between. I'm thinking of sneaking into my sewing room for a few stitches here and there throughout the day. It makes the day so much nicer! I'm taking a Craftsy class, Beyond Machine Quilting is the name of it I think and I'd like to get going on it. I'll watch another video tonight. A friend called yesterday and within a moment's notice I was off to Ben Franklin's for a fabric sale. I found four great pieces of fabric to use for my class quilt! Fabric makes me happy.

MayinJerset
September 21st, 2012, 10:22 AM
Morning everyone. Boy, it's a really cold morning here in Jersey, need to find a jacket or sweater to wear when we go shopping later. We're going to check out gas fireplaces today for our TV/reading/chilling out room. This room isn't tied into our central heating system and the present wall heater didn't heat the room sufficiently during last Winter's really cold days. DH and I kept ourselves warm by wrapping nice soft quilts around ourselves. I think a fireplace gas heater would really add to the room. I always wanted to have our Christmas tree set up next to a fireplace and maybe this year it will. Let's see, the new fireplace will make the couch and recliner look old so they have to go, and maybe a nice area rug and, of course, the room will need a new paint job first. Oh, how one thing leads to another, LOL! So glad DH is always cold and he really wants to replace the heater in the room but he really doesn't have to know I have been wanting to replace all the furniture too. May in Jersey

CrazyMtnLady
September 21st, 2012, 10:38 AM
Good Morning everyone. We have a very stormy night with lots of thunder, lightning and rain. I slept through most of it!

I am glad it is Friday....DH will be leaving for Arkansas this morning for a gun show. YIPPEE! The weekend to myself. I am going to clean and I also have to give the dogs a bath. The last 2 male kittens will be going to our other neighbor on Sunday :) Black Bart and the 3rd Stooge. That will leave only the two females (HalfPint and MonkeyButt) and of course the male DH wants to keep Verlo. Still trying to find homes for the females.

I have a lot to get done this morning so that DH can get on his way. So I need to read a few more posts and get to work. I will check back in with you all on Monday since I won't have the computer over the weekend.

Have a great weekend.
Hugs and prayers.

Sandy Navas
September 21st, 2012, 11:09 AM
Good Morning Monique and all to follow,

Another work day here also. But I do have tomorrow off I try to take at least one sat off a month and tomorrow is that sat. Have a lot to do tomorrow here in the house but once it is done the bedroom will be all in order. Lovely weather here today wish I could afford to take today off also but that is not going to fly.

Have a great day Ladies. Enjoy the last day of summer!

I don't know, Lonna, but you do look a little bit peaked! Maybe you can start running a fever and go home a bit early? After all, wasn't your boss man sick the other day? HINT - if you take a wet paper towel and fold it up, stick it in your shoes it will cause your temperature to go up . . . I have never tried it but we did have many people, when I was in the Army, who used that trick. I also know of one guy who would shake the oral thermometer up so it would read higher - but he got caught by the nurse . . . DUH!

Sandy Navas
September 21st, 2012, 11:15 AM
Hectic day for me yesterday - some doctor time, some shopping time, some kid time, some computer time, some hubby and cooking time, more kid time and very late to bed time . . . AND I managed to get in some ME time in the SEWING ROOM time. DD uses Birdseye cloth 'wipes' for cleaning and mopping up spills, etc., and doesn't buy paper towels. She needed some more so bought a 25YD bolt of cloth and I'm serging the edges to make a stack of 12x12" cloths. Different colored edges for different tasks (need I remind her that she has seven children and this will NEVER work)?

Sewing today and hopefully all weekend - I have a never-ending list of things to accomplish.

In the mid 40's here today and loving it. Five huge deer in the backyard munching away and enjoying their salt lick. Life is good.

All the usual - I love coming here each day to get my energy boost!!

lilmouse
September 21st, 2012, 01:49 PM
Hello Everyone, starting to come down with the sinus crud I am afraid...sound all stuffed up...hopefully it is just the weather change again....we have been up and down and up and down and today it is raining...Sassi doesn't go out in the rain...she shakes and shivers and is icky the rest of the day...good thing I have a grass mat in the house for her to use...(when she chooses to use it) house breaking a dog is the pitts and I have to keep reminding myself she is only a baby still! Cut more blocks in half yesterday and will work on it some more today after I run errands...always something! Everyone take care, hugs and prayers to all!

bkthomas
September 21st, 2012, 02:13 PM
Hey Monique, Can we see pictures of all the things you accomplished in your sleep? haha
...and thanks for filling in for Blondie...You're one of the best!!!
Hope everyone has a wonderful day and weekend....Smile!!!

middlesis1966
September 21st, 2012, 02:44 PM
Afternoon all! I decided to take a mental health day from work. It is needed. Hubby wasn't to happy that I did, but he can just get over it. Maybe I took his response the wrong way, but if I want to take a vaca day by golly I will. I have only been able to take a few days off this year as me days because of the way we are given our vacation time. Almost all my vacation time has been used for doctors appointments, so it's nice just to have a Paula day. He can just suck it up and go get his own lunch. Ok done venting, that felt good!

I'm gonna try these cute little stuffed pumpkins later today. I need to practice my hand sewing and they are super simple.

Have a great day all!

auntiemern
September 21st, 2012, 03:05 PM
This week has just flown by. Got 2 more purses done, and a stack of baby sock snowmen ornaments, that DGD has stuffed over the weekend. Told her if she helped I would give her the $ for any of them that sold. They really are cute, I should post a pic. Gonna work on a couple of purses, some little stocking ornaments and glass cases today. At least that is the plan. Wishing everyone a great day. Hugs and Blessings to all, and prayers for all in need. Sending up extra for DD and Mr. D. Am sure they could use a little extra.