PDA

View Full Version : Bounce Ironing Spray........ Warning if you are sensitive to scents etc.

Slokarma
September 19th, 2012, 09:21 PM
A headsup to those of you who are sensitive to scents and chemicals .......I saw this product, had a coupon and thought I'd give it a try.

It's probably a decent product, but I find it doesn't quite stiffen the fabric as much as I would like, BUT the BIGGY for me is the SCENT! It is overwhelming! I end up with red eyes, a sore throat, headache etc etc. And the scent doesn't go away. I used it on a quilt a couple of days ago, pressed it and left it up on the design wall. Tonight, I pressed with steam and the scent is just as strong as when I first used it and so all are the icky symptoms. Too darn bad I bought two bottles and have two more coupons!

I was reading the ingredients and it does say something about...... "patented polymer formula helps prevent wrinkles from returning".. beats me, but it sure makes me feel like crap!

CrazyMtnLady
September 19th, 2012, 09:29 PM
Thanks for the heads up. Normally scents don't bother me, but why chance it.

bakermom
September 19th, 2012, 09:53 PM
I use it and like it, but you are correct, it is a strong scent and does seem to last a long time. I can see where it could cause problems for those sensitive to scents.

Sandy Navas
September 19th, 2012, 10:02 PM
Thanks for the heads up. We all appreciate these warnings - especially if we're sensitive.

lilmouse
September 19th, 2012, 10:39 PM
Thanks, I'll be sure not to buy it...not with a parrot in the house...that could possibly kill her!

Deneldac00p
September 20th, 2012, 12:26 AM
Thanks, I definitely will NOT be buying it.

tortugaquilter
September 20th, 2012, 12:50 AM
Thanks for the heads up!