• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Sandy Navas
    Missouri Star
    • Dec 2010

Anyone want to play?

Okay, I will admit it does remind me a bit of early high school days and some may find it a bit silly. You just have to remember one thing though: KATHY started it. I ran across this list of questions to get to know people better and thought it would be fun, if you wan to play. I'm posting the questions in this message and will follow with my answers to get everyone started. Come on in and play for a while and have fun. Remember if you have been sewing all day you do need to relax for just a bit. So, copy and paste these questions in your reply and only answer those that you are completely comfortable with. There are no truly personal questions here - just fun things.

1. What was your favorite food when you were a child?
    2. What’s your nickname or name close family and friends call you?
    3. What is one of your favorite quotes?
    4. What’s your favorite indoor/outdoor activity?
    5. What chore do you absolutely hate doing?
    6. What is your favorite form of exercise?
    7. What is your favorite time of day/day of the week/month of the year?
    8. What’s your least favorite mode of transportation?
    9. What is your favorite body part?
    10. What sound do you love?
    11. If you could throw any kind of party, what would it be like and what would it be for?
    12. If you could paint a picture of any scenery you’ve seen before, what would you paint?
    13. If you could choose to stay a certain age forever, what age would it be?
    14. If you knew the world was ending in 2012, what would you do differently?
    15. If you could choose anyone, who would you pick as your mentor?
    16. If you could witness any event past, present or future, what would it be?
    17. If you could learn to do anything, what would it be?
    18. If you had to work on only one project for the next year, what would it be?
    19. If you were immortal for a day, what would you do?
    20. If you had to change your first name, what would you change it to?
    21. If you could meet anyone, living or dead, who would you meet?
    22. If you won the lottery, what is the first thing you would do?
    23. If you were reincarnated as an animal/drink/ice cream flavor, what would it be?
    24. If you could know the answer to any question, besides “What is the meaning of life?”, what would it be?
    25. If you could be any fictional character, who would you choose?
    26. Which celebrity do you get or have you been mistaken for?
    27. What do you want to be when you grow up?
    28. When you have 30 minutes of free-time, how do you pass the time?
    29. What would you name the autobiography of your life?
    30. What songs are included on the soundtrack to your life?
    31. Have you ever had something happen to you that you thought was bad but it turned out to be for the best?
    32. What was one of the best parties you’ve ever been to?
    33. What was the last movie, TV show or book that made you cry or tear up?
    34. What’s the hardest thing you’ve ever done?
    35. What was the last experience that made you a stronger person?
    36. What did you do growing up that got you into trouble?
    37. When was the last time you had an amazing meal?
    38. What’s the best/worst gift you’ve ever given/received?
    39. What do you miss most about being a kid?
    40. What is your first memory of being really excited?
    41. What was the first thing you bought with your own money?
    42. When was the last time you were nervous?
    43. What is something you learned in the last week?
    44. What story does your family always tell about you?
    45. At what age did you become an adult?
    46. Is a picture worth a thousand words? Elaborate.
    47. Where’s Waldo?
    48. The best part of waking up is?
    49. How now brown cow?
    50. Whasssssuuuupppppp?
    Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
    it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."
  • Sandy Navas
    Missouri Star
    • Dec 2010

Re: Anyone want to play?
    1. What was your favorite food when you were a child? Cold pork’n’beans on Wonder Bread.
    2. What’s your nickname or name close family and friends call you? Jeanie Weinie, String-Beanie (I was tall and very skinny – Jean is my middle name).
    3. What is one of your favorite quotes? I thought I was supposed to accomplish something before I could consider myself successful.
    4. What’s your favorite indoor/outdoor activity? Indoors: Sewing & creating. Outdoors: Mowing.
    5. What chore do you absolutely hate doing? Can’t think of one – I grew up knowing chores were a necessary part of life.
    6. What is your favorite form of exercise? Getting up from the sewing machine, picking out fabric, cutting, pressing and stitching. An aside: I served in the Women’s Army Corps from 1966 through 1968 and out of 600 graduating from Basic Training, I was one of the THREE who scored perfect on the Physical Education training. I’m still proud of that.
    7. What is your favorite time of day/day of the week/month of the year? I love the early to mid afternoon because that’s when I’m most productive. The days of the week no longer matter. I think that any time of the year is my favorite, but love the Fall – late September and early October the most (I think).
    8. What’s your least favorite mode of transportation? Flying – only because I have done my share – don’t like the hassle of going in and out of airports.
    9. What is your favorite body part? Do I have to tell? On me or on someone else? I always look at someone’s eyes . . . the eyes tell all to me.
    10. What sound do you love? So many – Rain on a tin roof. A baby gurgling/giggling.
    11. If you could throw any kind of party, what would it be like and what would it be for? I am NOT a party person . . . a quiet, family-only birthday party for one of the girls.
    12. If you could paint a picture of any scenery you’ve seen before, what would you paint? The most magnificent sunset that God has ever created – in all my favorite colors.
    13. If you could choose to stay a certain age forever, what age would it be? I’m not certain I would want to do this, but if I had to choose . . . probably 45.
    14. If you knew the world was ending in 2012, what would you do differently? Send in an advanced ballot for the Presidential election!
    15. If you could choose anyone, who would you pick as your mentor? Mahtma Ghandi
    16. If you could witness any event past, present or future, what would it be? I would love to have lived in the post-Civil War era.
    17. If you could learn to do anything, what would it be? Speak foreign languages fluently.
    18. If you had to work on only one project for the next year, what would it be? Carving the Creation – life-size in wood.
    19. If you were immortal for a day, what would you do? Show the way to peace and understanding.
    20. If you had to change your first name, what would you change it to? My birth certificate actually had Charlene and was crossed off . . . But, I don’t’ think I would change it.
    21. If you could meet anyone, living or dead, who would you meet? Jesus
    22. If you won the lottery, what is the first thing you would do? Open a multitude of investment accounts.
    23. If you were reincarnated as an animal/drink/ice cream flavor, what would it be? A monkey.
    24. If you could know the answer to any question, besides “What is the meaning of life?”, what would it be? Is there anything beyond what I know now?
    25. If you could be any fictional character, who would you choose? I have no idea – Broom Hilda?
    26. Which celebrity do you get or have you been mistaken for? Lauren Bacall
    27. What do you want to be when you grow up? I don’t want to grow up. However, when I was twelve I wanted to be a lumber-jack.
    28. When you have 30 minutes of free-time, how do you pass the time? Unfortunately wasting time on the computer.
    29. What would you name the autobiography of your life? Diary of a Clown.
    30. What songs are included on the soundtrack to your life? Too many to mention here. Michael Jones - :After the Rain.
    31. Have you ever had something happen to you that you thought was bad but it turned out to be for the best? Probably – nothing comes to mind.
    32. What was one of the best parties you’ve ever been to? Don’t recall one – not a party animal.
    33. What was the last movie, TV show or book that made you cry or tear up? Too many to count . . .”The Noteboo.” . . . or “Bridges of Madison County”
    34. What’s the hardest thing you’ve ever done? Realize that I hurt someone.
    35. What was the last experience that made you a stronger person? Telling someone, who was taking advantage, “NO.”
    36. What did you do growing up that got you into trouble? I ‘traded back’ a pen I had traded to a classmate for a pad of tracing paper.
    37. When was the last time you had an amazing meal? Tonight (or last night).
    38. What’s the best/worst gift you’ve ever given/received? The one I remember the most – a case of ketchup my Dad gave me when I was 10 years old. He said I was the only kid he knew who ate meat on their ketchup. Can't remember a worse one.
    39. What do you miss most about being a kid? The lack of awareness of evil in the world.
    40. What is your first memory of being really excited? Learning that Dad was taking us on an extended winter vacation and pulling us out of school for three months – many times.
    41. What was the first thing you bought with your own money? A black and white wool, houndstooth suit from The Paris Company.
    42. When was the last time you were nervous? Probably in 1965 when I was in traffic court.
    43. What is something you learned in the last week? That it is okay to cry when you are happy.
    44. What story does your family always tell about you? You will have to ask them.
    45. At what age did you become an adult? Does that mean grown up? I don’t know if I have become an adult.
    46. Is a picture worth a thousand words? Elaborate. It depends upon the photographer. Not always – especially if I am the one who forgets to take off the lens cap.
    47. Where’s Waldo? Under the rock with me most of the time.
    48. The best part of waking up is? COFFEE in my cup!!
    49. How now brown cow? How now purple cow.
    50. Whasssssuuuupppppp? Whassssssddddowwwwwnnnn?
    Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
    it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

• Bubby
      Missouri Star
      • Jun 2011

Log Out
      Register
      Settings
      My Profile
      Notifications

Welcome, Bubby

What's New?
      Forum
      Groups
      Quilt Shop
      Blog
      Quilt Tutorials
      Gallery

Forum
      Non Quilting Discussion
      General Chit-Chat
      Anyone want to play?
      --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Anyone want to play?

Search Thread

Rate This Thread

Display

Today, 02:45 PM#1.

Sandy Navas

Missouri Star

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Join Date: Dec 2010Location: Country Club, MOPosts: 6,391Post Thanks / Like ::

Anyone want to play?

Okay, I will admit it does remind me a bit of early high school days and some may find it a bit silly. You just have to remember one thing though: KATHY started it. I ran across this list of questions to get to know people better and thought it would be fun, if you wan to play. I'm posting the questions in this message and will follow with my answers to get everyone started. Come on in and play for a while and have fun. Remember if you have been sewing all day you do need to relax for just a bit. So, copy and paste these questions in your reply and only answer those that you are completely comfortable with. There are no truly personal questions here - just fun things.

1.What was your favorite food when you were a child? Chicken & Dumplings
      2.What’s your nickname or name close family and friends call you? Oak
      3.What is one of your favorite quotes? Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
      4.What’s your favorite indoor/outdoor activity? Quilting/gardening
      5.What chore do you absolutely hate doing? Dusting
      6.What is your favorite form of exercise? Shopping for fabric
      7.What is your favorite time of day/day of the week/month of the year? Pre-sunset/Fall/
      8.What’s your least favorite mode of transportation? Mototcycle
      9.What is your favorite body part? Eyes
      10.What sound do you love? Rain on the roof
      11.If you could throw any kind of party, what would it be like and what would it be for? Anthing outdoors here is a party. Good friends, good food, good music.
      12.If you could paint a picture of any scenery you’ve seen before, what would you paint? The Grand Canyon from the air
      13.If you could choose to stay a certain age forever, what age would it be? 50
      14.If you knew the world was ending in 2012, what would you do differently? I would want to gather our family and all go together.
      15.If you could choose anyone, who would you pick as your mentor? Toni Morrison
      16.If you could witness any event past, present or future, what would it be? The second coming of Christ
      17.If you could learn to do anything, what would it be? Find the cure for cancer
      18.If you had to work on only one project for the next year, what would it be? A quilt with a fairly high degree of difficulty
      19.If you were immortal for a day, what would you do?
      20.If you had to change your first name, what would you change it to? Jenna
      21.If you could meet anyone, living or dead, who would you meet? Abraham Lincoln
      22.If you won the lottery, what is the first thing you would do? My husband would retire that day!
      23.If you were reincarnated as an animal/drink/ice cream flavor, what would it be? A scotty dog who lives at our house.
      /vanilla cream with warm hot fudge topping
      24.If you could know the answer to any question, besides “What is the meaning of life?”, what would it be?
      25.If you could be any fictional character, who would you choose? Minnie Mouse
      26.Which celebrity do you get or have you been mistaken for? Vickie Lawrence
      27.What do you want to be when you grow up? A reconstructive plastic surgeon
      28.When you have 30 minutes of free-time, how do you pass the time? Reading or sleeping
      29.What would you name the autobiography of your life? Notes From a Fellow Struggler
      30.What songs are included on the soundtrack to your life? Theme From a Summer Place, Love me Tender, More Today Than Yesterday
      31.Have you ever had something happen to you that you thought was bad but it turned out to be for the best?
      32.What was one of the best parties you’ve ever been to? My retirement party in 2008
      33.What was the last movie, TV show or book that made you cry or tear up? The Namesake
      34.What’s the hardest thing you’ve ever done? To walk through my late husband's battle with cancer.
      35.What was the last experience that made you a stronger person? See #34 above
      36.What did you do growing up that got you into trouble? Everything....being a tomboy, doing dangerous tricks on my bike, passing myself off as a boy so I could play baseball.
      37.When was the last time you had an amazing meal? A l-o-n-g time ago.
      38.What’s the best/worst gift you’ve ever given/received? The worst was the horse I got for Mother's Day one year and the best was meeting my husband, Jeffery.
      39.What do you miss most about being a kid? My sisters.
      40.What is your first memory of being really excited? The day my Dad came home from the Korean War....I was about 5.
      41.What was the first thing you bought with your own money? A necklace for my Grandma Nan for Christmas....it came from the dime store, but I thought it was so beautiful!
      42.When was the last time you were nervous? Last Friday when I had my mammogram.
      43.What is something you learned in the last week? I learned how to install dimmer switches.
      44.What story does your family always tell about you? My Mom had baked four pies for a family reunion and when she wasn't looking, I threw a potato into the center of each one! I was mad at my Mom and I was only 4.
      45.At what age did you become an adult? 10.
      46.Is a picture worth a thousand words? Elaborate. Yes, a picture of a place where a wonderful experience took place for me can bring back the feelings, the smells, the tastes, the words, etc.
      47.Where’s Waldo? Wherever you want to find him!
      48.The best part of waking up is? Knowing that I have another chance to create and enjoy life.
      49.How now brown cow? See ya later alligator!
      50.Whasssssuuuupppppp? Same - o, same -o!

You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean;
      if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty.

Mahatma Gandhi (1869 - 1948)

Reply Reply With Quote .

Post Thanks / Like - 0 Thanks

Thanks for this post

+ Reply to Thread

Quick NavigationGeneral Chit-ChatTop

Quick Reply

FontSize

Show your signature

«Previous Thread | Next Thread»

Tags for this Thread

Add / Edit Tags
      None

View Tag Cloud

Posting Permissions

You may post new threads
      You may post replies
      You may post attachments
      You may edit your posts

BB code is On
      Smilies are On
      [IMG] code is On
      [VIDEO] code is On
      HTML code is Off

Forum Rules

Forums Links →
      -- Missouri Star-- Default Mobile Style
      Contact Us
      The Quilting Forum - YOUR Community
      Archive
      Privacy Statement

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:46 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.0
      Copyright © 2012 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.

All Content Copyright Missouri Star Quilt Co LLC
      sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

• Divine Daisy
        Missouri Star
        • May 2011

1.What was your favorite food when you were a child?
        fish and chips

2.What’s your nickname or name close family and friends call you?
        My husband calls me pet, some people call me Ali which I hate

3.What is one of your favorite quotes?
        I can resist anything except temptation (Oscar Wilde)

4.What’s your favorite indoor/outdoor activity?
        Indoor.... sewing, outdoors....gardening

5.What chore do you absolutely hate doing?
        I hate undoing anything I have done......bringing the washing off the line. Getting dried after a bath....how BORNG is that?

6.What is your favorite form of exercise?
        walking

7.What is your favorite time of day/day of the week/month of the year?
        Early hours of the morning. Its when I create best

8.What’s your least favorite mode of transportation?
        being a passenger in a car

9.What is your favorite body part?
        the eyes

10.What sound do you love?
        A recording of my Grandfather playing the violin as I sang 'Unto Us A Child Is Born' aged 9. During the line.....and His name shall be called, Wonderful, counsellor, Almighty God....... you hear me run out of breath and say 'help me Granda' to which he replies 'I cannit pet I'm fiddlin'. I loved my Granda!

11.If you could throw any kind of party, what would it be like and what would it be for?
        A Mad Hatter's Tea Party for everyone I have ever loved and they would all get on together!

12.If you could paint a picture of any scenery you’ve seen before, what would you paint?
        The Northumbrian Coastline

13.If you could choose to stay a certain age forever, what age would it be?

14.If you knew the world was ending in 2012, what would you do differently?
        Go for my Mastectomy earlier

15.If you could choose anyone, who would you pick as your mentor?
        Emeline Pankhurst but I had my Aunty Lizzie which was better!

16.If you could witness any event past, present or future, what would it be?
        My Father when they landed on the moon using the engines he designed. But he didn't live to see it.

17.If you could learn to do anything, what would it be?
        To accept that I did ok

18.If you had to work on only one project for the next year, what would it be?
        I would collaberate on a quilt which would promote peace and understanding between people of all religions and cultures in the world. It would be a panel for each group and when it was joined together it would be displayed at the United Nations. Each group would send one member to work with the next group on their panel and the women of the world would show how to have peace and understanding.

19.If you were immortal for a day, what would you do?
        I would introduce my father to my daughter who is so like him it scares me. He died when I was nine and yet I see him and brain and way of thinking every time I look at her. He would have loved her so and would have been so proud.

20.If you had to change your first name, what would you change it to?
        Polly.........

21.If you could meet anyone, living or dead, who would you meet?
        Emeline Pankhurst.

22.If you won the lottery, what is the first thing you would do?
        Have a large drink and sit down

23.If you were reincarnated as an animal/drink/ice cream flavor, what would it be?
        A cat

24.If you could know the answer to any question, besides “What is the meaning of life?”, what would it be?
        Where did I leave my red sweater in 1987

25.If you could be any fictional character, who would you choose?
        Toad of Toad Hall

26.Which celebrity do you get or have you been mistaken for?
        Olivia Newton John when I was young

27.What do you want to be when you grow up?
        A Florist

28.When you have 30 minutes of free-time, how do you pass the time?
        Day Dreaming

29.What would you name the autobiography of your life?
        Was that it?

30.What songs are included on the soundtrack to your life?
        Don't stop me now by Queen, Ride a White Swan by T Rex and Handel's Messiah

31.Have you ever had something happen to you that you thought was bad but it turned out to be for the best?
        No

32.What was one of the best parties you’ve ever been to?
        My 30th birthday

33.What was the last movie, TV show or book that made you cry or tear up?
        Short Stay in Switzerland

34.What’s the hardest thing you’ve ever done?
        Accept that my daughter doesn't want to know me

35.What was the last experience that made you a stronger person?
        Still experiencing it.

36.What did you do growing up that got you into trouble?
        Bought a hampster and hid it in my wardrobe where it ate through all my sweaters tomake a nest.

37.When was the last time you had an amazing meal?
        The last time I was able to eat a pudding!

38.What’s the best/worst gift you’ve ever given/received?
        The best was a load of manure for my garden, was what I wanted and asked for and for the first time I actually got what I wanted

39.What do you miss most about being a kid?
        My Dad

40.What is your first memory of being really excited?
        going to the beach when I was tiny

41.What was the first thing you bought with your own money?
        Dinner for my Mother

42.When was the last time you were nervous?
        Last Tuesday

43.What is something you learned in the last week?
        More patience

44.What story does your family always tell about you?
        My lack of spacial awareness. I was convinced my piano would fit in a space despite measuring it and it was too big. I moved it alone because I just couldn't accept that it wouldn't go in. It didn't and I moved it back.............alone!

45.At what age did you become an adult?
        Aged 34, the day I was older than my father when he died

46.Is a picture worth a thousand words? Elaborate.
        No. Words are my trade and joy. I adore the English language with all its twists and turns and silliness.

47.Where’s Waldo?
        Who is Waldo?

48.The best part of waking up is?
        Waking up

49.How now brown cow?
        The rain in spain falls mainly on the plain

50.Whasssssuuuupppppp?
        I really don't know what that means or why people say it!
        Blog
        http://divinedaisydesigns.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

• Jean Sewing Machine
          Missouri Star
          • Jan 2012

Alright, here goes, only because I'm putting off doing costumes!

1.What was your favorite food when you were a child? Chocolate cake
          2.What’s your nickname or name close family and friends call you? Jeani, you must be in the inner circle to put the "i" on the end of my name!
          3.What is one of your favorite quotes? Live and let live
          4.What’s your favorite indoor/outdoor activity? Indoor--quilt making; outdoor--kayaking
          5.What chore do you absolutely hate doing? going to the grocery store
          6.What is your favorite form of exercise? Riding my bike (ask me when the last time was that I did this!)
          7.What is your favorite time of day/day of the week/month of the year? Early morning
          8.What’s your least favorite mode of transportation? airplanes, except they get you to the destination and fast.
          9.What is your favorite body part? on me? NONE! on others--the eyes and eyelashes!
          10.What sound do you love? rain on the window, cat purring, birds singing.
          11.If you could throw any kind of party, what would it be like and what would it be for? Big fancy cocktail party for a 100 people.
          12.If you could paint a picture of any scenery you’ve seen before, what would you paint? The mountains of Western North America
          13.If you could choose to stay a certain age forever, what age would it be? 39
          14.If you knew the world was ending in 2012, what would you do differently? I would quit working and spend it all on fabric and lay in the piles of fabric to sleep.
          15.If you could choose anyone, who would you pick as your mentor? Divine Daisy!
          16.If you could witness any event past, present or future, what would it be? Jesus' birth
          17.If you could learn to do anything, what would it be? Speak many foreign languages
          18.If you had to work on only one project for the next year, what would it be? Using my Lemon Tree fabric to make a quilt.
          19.If you were immortal for a day, what would you do? This question maes no sense, if you were immortal, you would live forever, so a day doesn't mean anything special. I'd probably skydive if I knew I wouldn't die doing it.
          20.If you had to change your first name, what would you change it to? Sandy
          21.If you could meet anyone, living or dead, who would you meet? Benjamin Franklin
          22.If you won the lottery, what is the first thing you would do? Pay off my mortgage and go buy a quilt store. It would have to be a big lottery, though, not a piddling million dollar one. Oh, and I'd make a big donation to my church.
          23.If you were reincarnated as an animal/drink/ice cream flavor, what would it be? Cat, they take the best naps.
          24.If you could know the answer to any question, besides “What is the meaning of life?”, what would it be? Why are people so mean to each other?
          25.If you could be any fictional character, who would you choose? Katniss
          26.Which celebrity do you get or have you been mistaken for? Gene Hackman, since my name is Jean Heckmann
          27.What do you want to be when you grow up? Do I have to grow up? I want to be Jenny Doan's sister.
          28.When you have 30 minutes of free-time, how do you pass the time? napping, playing Bejeweled Blitz on the computer, or sewing,
          29.What would you name the autobiography of your life? Up and Down with Jean
          30.What songs are included on the soundtrack to your life? Anything by Bonnie Raitt
          31.Have you ever had something happen to you that you thought was bad but it turned out to be for the best? I guess there are so many I couldn't begin to name them all. 32.What was one of the best parties you’ve ever been to? New Years Eve at the nursing home with my husband in 2005, those seniors sure do know how to swing and have a good time!

33.What was the last movie, TV show or book that made you cry or tear up? Hunger Games
          34.What’s the hardest thing you’ve ever done? Bury my spouse
          35.What was the last experience that made you a stronger person? Going through my husband's battle with cancer, and the aftermath of that
          36.What did you do growing up that got you into trouble? Teased my brothers mercilessly. I am getting paid back for that now.
          37.When was the last time you had an amazing meal? Last night, it was so delicious--pork tenderloin wrapped in bacon with a stout beer sauce, baby new potatoes with parmesan on top, steamed green beans--it was delicious!
          38.What’s the best/worst gift you’ve ever given/received? Best--my sewing machines; worst--I like all gifts, so I can't think of a worst.
          39.What do you miss most about being a kid? Not to have to worry about money
          40.What is your first memory of being really excited? When I was about 4 or 5, waiting for Santa. I never slept on Christmas Eve/morning, I knew every sound was Santa in the living room.
          41.What was the first thing you bought with your own money? Besides clothes, I bought my first Kenmore sewing machine when I worked at Sears while in college.
          42.When was the last time you were nervous? two minutes ago
          43.What is something you learned in the last week? Big Sale at Hancock Fabrics! I am made of cellophane to some clerks in some snooty fabric stores.
          44.What story does your family always tell about you? The time mom forgot the kids clothes when we went camping, and I made them swim suits out of a 1/2 yard of double knit fabric from a local store, which they used for 2 years in a row because they fit and were well made.
          45.At what age did you become an adult?
          When I bought into my first 401K, which I think I was in my 40s.
          46.Is a picture worth a thousand words? Elaborate. My philosophy of teaching for sure! I have either taught young children or English as a Second Language students, and believe me, "show and tell" is the only way to go!
          47.Where’s Waldo? Hiding in my fabric stash
          48.The best part of waking up is? an ice cold Diet Dr. Pepper
          49.How now brown cow? Mooooo!
          50.Whasssssuuuupppppp?
          I haven't had to think this hard in a long time!

Comment

• bkthomas
            Missouri Star
            • Apr 2012

My fault?! ok I'll play;
            What was your favorite food when you were a child?
            My Dads pancakes followed with a cold glass of milk.
            What’s your nickname or name close family and friends call you?
            When I was a kid my last name was Wolters and other kids at school would call me Wall-turd
            But my favorite time was when I worked at a Ramada Inn, my co-workers called me Kat - that was the only time I have ever been called Kat.
            What is one of your favorite quotes?
            I saw this on a calendar once - Be kind, remember everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle
            What’s your favorite indoor/outdoor activity?
            Sewing/Shopping for fabric
            What chore do you absolutely hate doing?
            cleaning the oven
            What is your favorite form of exercise?
            Shopping!
            What is your favorite time of day/day of the week/month of the year?
            Time of day-when the kids go to bed, Time of month-around the 3rd(get my money) Time of year-Fall
            What’s your least favorite mode of transportation?
            running hehe
            What is your favorite body part?
            This is funny - my DD loves a baby's feet and I love their hands!
            What sound do you love?
            Children's laughter
            If you could throw any kind of party, what would it be like and what would it be for?
            A huge all day picnic for all of us here on the Forum in Hamilton Mo
            If you could paint a picture of any scenery you’ve seen before, what would you paint?
            Thomas Kincades, End of a Perfect Day with the colors of Fall in Minnesota and Wisconsin!
            If you could choose to stay a certain age forever, what age would it be?
            If you knew the world was ending in 2012, what would you do differently?
            do not know
            If you could choose anyone, who would you pick as your mentor?
            do not know - Sandy N.?
            If you could witness any event past, present or future, what would it be?
            hmmm...don't know
            If you could learn to do anything, what would it be?
            understand or change my Son-in-Law
            If you had to work on only one project for the next year, what would it be?
            Hmmm...maybe one of those Dear Jane quilts
            If you were immortal for a day, what would you do?
            Change my son-in-law
            If you had to change your first name, what would you change it to?
            Don't think I would
            If you could meet anyone, living or dead, who would you meet?
            Laura Ingalls Wilder/Marie Osmond
            If you won the lottery, what is the first thing you would do?
            Throw that picnic I was talking about!
            If you were reincarnated as an animal/drink/ice cream flavor, what would it be?
            no answer
            If you could know the answer to any question, besides “What is the meaning of life?”, what would it be?
            Why is my son-in-law the way he is...
            If you could be any fictional character, who would you choose?
            Don't know - never thought about it
            Which celebrity do you get or have you been mistaken for?
            Never have
            What do you want to be when you grow up?
            Amazing
            When you have 30 minutes of free-time, how do you pass the time?
            ...on this stupid computer
            What would you name the autobiography of your life?
            Beats me!!
            What songs are included on the soundtrack to your life?
            Trisha Yearwoods "How do I Live?" "When will I be Loved"
            Have you ever had something happen to you that you thought was bad but it turned out to be for the best?
            Yes, it has to do with selling all most everything I owned and taking my 4 year old daughter to what I now refer to as Jim Bakker Land thinking I could get a job there and that it was the Lords will - long story short it was a fiasco and we ended up back with Mom and step-dad for the winter and the following spring I got a job in a bigger town where I met my husband.
            What was one of the best parties you’ve ever been to?
            Not a party person either
            What was the last movie, TV show or book that made you cry or tear up?
            Mmmm...can't remember but I can get choked up at movies easily
            What’s the hardest thing you’ve ever done?
            It's been a hard knock life..what can I say?
            What was the last experience that made you a stronger person?
            Physically - my 2 hip surgeries
            What did you do growing up that got you into trouble?
            Walking through the field one day I came upon a couple of little girls who were trying to light a match - I showed em how!
            When was the last time you had an amazing meal?
            Last night!
            What’s the best/worst gift you’ve ever given/received?
            My baby girl - April 20th 1980
            What do you miss most about being a kid?
            Nothing
            What is your first memory of being really excited?
            don't know
            What was the first thing you bought with your own money?
            can't remember
            When was the last time you were nervous?
            Actually - when I met Meli - believe it or not! But she is so nice and I am so happy to have met her!!!
            What is something you learned in the last week?
            That the Doans belong to the same church that I do
            What story does your family always tell about you?
            Goes something like this - Q. Where is Kathy? A. She is in her pouting corner.
            At what age did you become an adult?
            Is a picture worth a thousand words? Elaborate.
            How about one word Wow or Beautiful
            Where’s Waldo?
            Love those books!
            The best part of waking up is?
            Coffee!!!
            How now brown cow?
            Chocolate milk!!!
            Whasssssuuuupppppp?
            not me!
            Last edited by bkthomas; September 17, 2012, 04:31 PM.
            ~Kathy~

Comment

• Kizzie
              The Guild President
              • Sep 2011

Re: Anyone want to play? I MADE IT IN YAY!!!!

What was your favorite food when you were a child?
              Mums roast dinner or Spaghetti Bolagnaise LOL

What’s your nickname or name close family and friends call you?
              Kizzie from my name Kiera

What is one of your favorite quotes?
              No man is worth your tears and the one that is wont make you cry..

What’s your favorite indoor/outdoor activity?
              indoor, now its sewing - outdoor - horseriding

What chore do you absolutely hate doing?
              ironing so hubby does it as he irons his army clothes much better than I !! LOL and grating cheese! weird I know but I hate the grater I always hurt myself I go to fast for my own good!

What is your favorite form of exercise?
              Swimming!!! LOVE swimming!

What is your favorite time of day/day of the week/month of the year?
              I love dusks and dawns!!! but best day Christmas day!!! I LOVE IT! I love getting together with family I have sooo many fond memories of christmas

What’s your least favorite mode of transportation?
              Buses and Trains...

What is your favorite body part?
              hmm I think I like my hair and eyes but if we are talking fav body part of my hubby welll!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL

What sound do you love?
              the rain on a tin roof nothing can beat it especially after a hot summers day - or the thunderstorms that hit thunder and lightning! or the sound of thundering horse hooves galloping in.

If you could throw any kind of party, what would it be like and what would it be for?
              it would be a christmas one - cause I just love christmas LOL!!! it would be full of gifts and goodies and food and drinks for all!!!

If you could paint a picture of any scenery you’ve seen before, what would you paint?
              the gorges in North Western Australia - white gum trees, red RED dirt and beautiful blue skies just stunning.

If you could choose to stay a certain age forever, what age would it be?
              I dont think I have reached it yet!! I'm 26 but I think I would like to stay in my 30s!

If you knew the world was ending in 2012, what would you do differently?
              I wouldnt do anything differently - I might move closer to family

If you could choose anyone, who would you pick as your mentor?
              my hubby and my mum and maybe Sandy Navas as she seems to know the right things to say they sound so full of wisdom and experience. - No i'm not sucking up I just truly believe you have wonderful words of wisdom and I take great heed of what you say. (I think heed is the right word LOL - I'm just not edumacated enough!)

If you could witness any event past, present or future, what would it be?
              this is a hard one... I really have no idea.... I would love to have been part of Noah's Ark!

If you could learn to do anything, what would it be?
              I would love to be able to travel anywhere so I would like to learn all the languages of the world and just know them all off by heart!

If you had to work on only one project for the next year, what would it be?
              Starting my own business

If you were immortal for a day, what would you do?
              go to the wars overseas show them I'm immortal then convince them to stop fighting and make peace.

If you had to change your first name, what would you change it to?
              I wouldnt.

If you could meet anyone, living or dead, who would you meet?
              Jesus

If you won the lottery, what is the first thing you would do?
              buy my mum a house and set her and my step dad up for life so they can relax and not worry about money and just spend the precious time together - then the same for us

If you were reincarnated as an animal/drink/ice cream flavor, what would it be?
              an eagle for the birds eye view, drink?? umm I dont want to be drunk LOL !!! I dont want anyone to drink me!!! I would be ummm water at least I have a chance of survival to the rivers and waterfalls I go!! icecream flavour....... I love boysenberry or mint choc chip lol

If you could know the answer to any question, besides “What is the meaning of life?”, what would it be?
              The meaning of life is to survive reproduce and live on (like all animals and plants do.......... my question would be: why are mankind so cruel to each other.

If you could be any fictional character, who would you choose?
              Peter Pan - never grows up!!!

Which celebrity do you get or have you been mistaken for?
              my hubby says I remind him of Sally Field in Convoy LOL!! I'm not sure about that one lol!!

What do you want to be when you grow up?
              a great wife, a proud to have mum and a reliable friend.

When you have 30 minutes of free-time, how do you pass the time?
              have a cup of tea and enjoy the sun.

What would you name the autobiography of your life?
              dont give up - You can do it.....

What songs are included on the soundtrack to your life?
              Live like you were dying by Tim Mcgraw

Have you ever had something happen to you that you thought was bad but it turned out to be for the best?
              of course this is how we learn from life experiences!

What was one of the best parties you’ve ever been to?
              an army ball with my hubby within 3 wks of meeting him I had a blast!!! and was invited to sit with the Commanding Officers at the head table because they thought I was a crackup LOL! hubby was proud too I think.

What was the last movie, TV show or book that made you cry or tear up?
              Warhorse. I'm such a sook though - songs make me cry - I cant even listen to Trace Adkins Arlington song without crying! anything army makes me cry.

What’s the hardest thing you’ve ever done?
              tried to lose weight... I still need to try its soo hard..

What was the last experience that made you a stronger person?
              standing up for myself when people are nasty.

What did you do growing up that got you into trouble?
              lots of fighting with my sister.

When was the last time you had an amazing meal?
              last night!

What’s the best/worst gift you’ve ever given/received?
              a shower cap from my mother inlaw for christmas last year - I was sooo hurt! but she gave me one of the best gifts this year!!! a notebook and $100 dollars to go to the Quilting festival and enjoy myself I was soo touched!!!! (apart from hubby's tickets) - the best gift I have ever recieved so far is my daughter a miracle of life!

What do you miss most about being a kid?
              nothing I'm enjoying adulthood better! I miss being around my mum though!

What is your first memory of being really excited?
              arriving in Australia I was 6 yrs old - my mum sat in the middle of my sister and I and grabbed our hands and said "this is it girls" it was going to be a new life for us.

What was the first thing you bought with your own money?
              my car I saved loads for my first car and I didnt even have a license when I bought it!

When was the last time you were nervous?
              when I thought I heard footsteps on our back porch/verandah last week very early hrs of the morning and the dogs looked in the direction they were too!

What is something you learned in the last week?
              that some people never change because they dont want to and I have to forgive them and accept them for who they are. Its hard though!

What story does your family always tell about you? there is too many!! LOL

At what age did you become an adult?
              I'm still not!!! maybe 6 when my mum left my dad and their abusive relationship for the best and moved us to Australia from the UK all on her own with $70 punds and 5 suitcases which is all that we owned then.

Is a picture worth a thousand words? Elaborate.
              yes... descriptions/feelings/memories... words just cant describe.

Where’s Waldo?
              I dont know - do you??

The best part of waking up is?
              being able to wake up - the whole day and whats to come!! I'm so lucky to have what I have and each day I'm so glad to open my eyes!

How now brown cow?
              you lost me?........ your a poet don't you know it??

Whasssssuuuupppppp?
              the sky?? maybe a few clouds??
              sigpic
              Read my Blog and see more pictures HERE
              Like my Facebook Page HERE
              'Follow me' on Twitter HERE

Comment

• CrazyMtnLady
                Missouri Star
                • Dec 2011

This is fun!

What was your favorite food when you were a child? Macaroni and Cheese
                What’s your nickname or name close family and friends call you?My Dad called me Tiny Bubbles because I was boobless and my cousin Richard called me Tittyweeze (my middle name is Louise which I hate!
                What is one of your favorite quotes?The one about tears in my signature.
                What’s your favorite indoor/outdoor activity? Indoors I love playing Scrabble or doing Crossword puzzles and Outdoors I love to hunt or just be in the woods.
                What chore do you absolutely hate doing? Cleaning the bathroom!
                What is your favorite form of exercise? Walking in the woods or just walking
                What is your favorite time of day/day of the week/month of the year? Favorite time of day is morning with my coffee and my quilty friends. Favorite day of the week--all about the same and the favorite month is August..it's my Anniversary and both DH and my birthdays.
                What’s your least favorite mode of transportation? Our side-car motorcycle
                What is your favorite body part? Eyes...definitely the eyes.
                What sound do you love? My Gator (pug) snoring and my kittie cats purring. As well as the sound of rain falling and fire crackling.
                If you could throw any kind of party, what would it be like and what would it be for? It would be an all out country hog roast for ME celebrating the fact that I still haven't killed my DH!
                If you could paint a picture of any scenery you’ve seen before, what would you paint? I do paint and I love to paint trees with beautiful skies.
                If you could choose to stay a certain age forever, what age would it be? I would have to say 40. I was really really happy back then.
                If you knew the world was ending in 2012, what would you do differently? Eat more Chocolate and Ice Cream ...what would it matter!
                If you could choose anyone, who would you pick as your mentor? MISS DAISY! She is such a strong and talented woman.
                If you could witness any event past, present or future, what would it be? The creation of mankind!
                If you could learn to do anything, what would it be? Speak Spanish and Chinese
                If you had to work on only one project for the next year, what would it be? My Family Tree
                If you were immortal for a day, what would you do? Immortal means live forever..so I would do something dangerous.
                If you had to change your first name, what would you change it to? I wouldn't change my first name..my Aunt Lucy named me Donna But I would change my middle name from Louise to just Lou
                If you could meet anyone, living or dead, who would you meet? I would want to meet my Mother's parents.
                If you won the lottery, what is the first thing you would do? Go to M*QC and buy a lot of material! Then build an addition on my house to put it all in.
                If you were reincarnated as an animal/drink/ice cream flavor, what would it be? Animal=Cat,, drink=Beer or a nice Red Wine and Ice Cream Flavor= Amaretto
                If you could know the answer to any question, besides “What is the meaning of life?”, what would it be? Is there really a Heaven?
                If you could be any fictional character, who would you choose? Wonder Woman
                Which celebrity do you get or have you been mistaken for? The Wicked Witch of The Wizard of Oz
                What do you want to be when you grow up? I am never going to grow up!
                When you have 30 minutes of free-time, how do you pass the time? Um....sitting here, making posts.
                What would you name the autobiography of your life? Look Dad, I'm a Hunting Dog! because that is all that seemed to matter to him when I was growing up.
                What songs are included on the soundtrack to your life? The Dance, If I Had Only Known (by Reba) I Was Country When Country wasn't Cool
                Have you ever had something happen to you that you thought was bad but it turned out to be for the best? LOL...yep I met my DH....
                What was one of the best parties you’ve ever been to? Back in '79 it was my 5 year class reunion.. it was a blast!!!!!
                What was the last movie, TV show or book that made you cry or tear up? I watched Broken Bridges w/Toby Keith...I love that movie and cry every time.
                What’s the hardest thing you’ve ever done? Became a widow in '99
                What was the last experience that made you a stronger person? Became a widow in '99
                What did you do growing up that got you into trouble? Nothing I was a perfect little girl.......snicker snicker!
                When was the last time you had an amazing meal? A year ago, we went out to a Japanese steak house and it was Marvelous!
                What’s the best/worst gift you’ve ever given/received? Best gift I ever received was my mother's Amethyst jewelry and the worst was a vacuum cleaner.
                What do you miss most about being a kid? The smell of my Mom cooking.
                What is your first memory of being really excited? The first day of school in the new Elementary School that was built right across the street from my house.
                What was the first thing you bought with your own money? Other than candy, I would say from money I earned baby sitting I ordered a book from the doubleday book club.
                When was the last time you were nervous? Today...driving the John Deere Gator through the muddy trail to the trail camera.
                What is something you learned in the last week? That Sandy is a clown and a very funny person that I am glad to have as a friend.
                What story does your family always tell about you? I am not close with my family so I wouldn't know what they say about me.
                At what age did you become an adult? Seventeen when I graduated and had to face the world.
                Is a picture worth a thousand words? Elaborate. You can read a lot from a picture.
                Where’s Waldo? Well with the way he dresses I am sure he is in California at one of those hippie places.
                The best part of waking up is? Having coffee with M*QC
                How now brown cow? Baaaaaa....more of a sheep person myself (Daddy was a sheep shearer)
                Whasssssuuuupppppp? My pants!
                Donna
                MSQC: Where Strangers become Friends and Friends become Family!

"The soul would have no rainbows, if the eyes had no tears."native American wisdom

sigpic

Comment

• Kizzie
                  The Guild President
                  • Sep 2011

have to say I'm loving this questionnaire it actually gives a lot of insight to a person - thinking of you all and also cant believe the things some people have in common!!

xx
                  sigpic
                  Read my Blog and see more pictures HERE
                  Like my Facebook Page HERE
                  'Follow me' on Twitter HERE

Comment

• Musical_Starling
                    Missouri Star
                    • Jun 2012

First off, I love some of the answers already given Some made me laugh, some almost made me cry! Second, this was actually fun to fill out, but took a loooooong time!

1. What was your favorite food when you were a child? Cheese sandwiches. Just white bread, a cheese slice (the good old processed stuff!) and miracle whip. Yum. Now I want one...
                    2. What’s your nickname or name close family and friends call you? As a kid I was Neecie, sisters call me Dee, The Giant usually calls me Sweetheart or Kid.
                    3.What is one of your favorite quotes? Give me my Romeo; and, when he shall die, Take him and cut him out in little stars, And he will make the face of heaven so fine That all the world will be in love with night And pay no worship to the garish sun.
                    4.What’s your favorite indoor/outdoor activity? Indoors: sewing (duh! lol). Outdoors: Driving
                    5.What chore do you absolutely hate doing? DISHES!
                    6.What is your favorite form of exercise? Dancing (usually like nobody is watching!)
                    7.What is your favorite time of day/day of the week/month of the year? I like nights, Saturdays, and December So I guess, a Saturday night in December? lol
                    8.What’s your least favorite mode of transportation? Bicycle. I'm too clumsy! lol
                    9.What is your favorite body part? Not sure if it classifies as a body part, but the first thing I notice is hair, followed by eyes
                    10.What sound do you love? Cats purring
                    11.If you could throw any kind of party, what would it be like and what would it be for? A really cheesy birthday party with loads of balloons and streamers and a huge cake! Maybe even invite Sandy over to play the clown lol
                    12.If you could paint a picture of any scenery you’ve seen before, what would you paint? A tree-lined street in autumn, like Forest Road
                    13.If you could choose to stay a certain age forever, what age would it be? Not sure. Haven't found that "perfect" age yet. Maybe it's coming?
                    14.If you knew the world was ending in 2012, what would you do differently? Worry less and live more!
                    15.If you could choose anyone, who would you pick as your mentor? Walt Disney
                    16.If you could witness any event past, present or future, what would it be? That's a tough one. Maybe flying cars in the future!
                    17.If you could learn to do anything, what would it be? Paint/Draw
                    18.If you had to work on only one project for the next year, what would it be? Something to benefit others, like quilts for children or chemo patients or something like that. I need to find that money tree first...
                    19.If you were immortal for a day, what would you do? Skydive
                    20.If you had to change your first name, what would you change it to? ANYTHING but Denise! It sounds so old!
                    21.If you could meet anyone, living or dead, who would you meet? Dr. Seuss
                    22.If you won the lottery, what is the first thing you would do? Scream lol
                    23.If you were reincarnated as an animal/drink/ice cream flavor, what would it be? One of my cats
                    24.If you could know the answer to any question, besides “What is the meaning of life?”, what would it be? When it rains, why don't sheep shrink?
                    25.If you could be any fictional character, who would you choose? Hermoine Granger
                    26.Which celebrity do you get or have you been mistaken for? Absolutely nobody lol
                    27.What do you want to be when you grow up? JeanSewingMachine lol!
                    28.When you have 30 minutes of free-time, how do you pass the time? Watching Bugs Bunny
                    29.What would you name the autobiography of your life? What the f*&# just happened?
                    30.What songs are included on the soundtrack to your life? One Step Closer and Numb by Linkin Park; Bubbly by Colbie Caillat and Everything by Lifehouse
                    31.Have you ever had something happen to you that you thought was bad but it turned out to be for the best? Failing out of Nursing School
                    32.What was one of the best parties you’ve ever been to? Not sure. Haven't had any parties recently enough to remember
                    33.What was the last movie, TV show or book that made you cry or tear up? I cry all the time. I'm a wuss. Probably "Despicable Me"
                    34.What’s the hardest thing you’ve ever done? Go to my grandmother's funeral. I don't regret going, but I barely made it through it!
                    35.What was the last experience that made you a stronger person? Losing my oldest cat, Shadow
                    36.What did you do growing up that got you into trouble? Listened to my middle sister! lol
                    37.When was the last time you had an amazing meal? Geez, that's a tough one. I'm very easy to please, so anything remotely edible is amazing to me lol Maybe last week when I made homemade pizza?
                    38.What’s the best/worst gift you’ve ever given/received? Best gift: My stand mixer. That thing is AWESOME and saves me so much time! Worst: Pyjamas that were three sizes too big.
                    39.What do you miss most about being a kid? Christmas! It's not as fun once you're an adult
                    40.What is your first memory of being really excited? Waiting for Christmas Day when i was little
                    41.What was the first thing you bought with your own money? A pair of Nike sneakers
                    42.When was the last time you were nervous? Last year on my wedding day!
                    43.What is something you learned in the last week? If we ever have to go 24 hours or more without electricity, I may lose my mind
                    44.What story does your family always tell about you? My parents always have some story about how my nephew does something totally ridiculous that I also used to do as a kid, like picking things up off the floor with my toes.
                    45.At what age did you become an adult? I haven't yet. Do I have to?
                    46.Is a picture worth a thousand words? Elaborate. Depends on the picture I guess. If it was taken at a special time for you, then you can probably tell an amazing story to go along with it. But a random picture on a postcard, maybe not.
                    47.Where’s Waldo? I wish he'd stop hiding, or start wearing neon or something!!
                    48.The best part of waking up is? Eating breakfast lol
                    49.How now brown cow? Moo?
                    50.Whasssssuuuupppppp? Reminds me of Scary Movie where the "Scream" guy does it lol
                    *Dee*
                    Believe
                    There Is
                    Good In The World

Comment

• Musical_Starling
                      Missouri Star
                      • Jun 2012

I have to say, this is hilarious. I joked in a thread earlier this week that I want to be Jean when I grow up, because she's the Chuck Norris of quilting, so I put it as one of my answers. I read Sandy's, Bubby's and Daisy's answers before I started, but I didn't read Jean's and it's funny that a couple of our answers are similar lol
                      *Dee*
                      Believe
                      There Is
                      Good In The World

Comment

• bkthomas
                        Missouri Star
                        • Apr 2012

Originally posted by Kizzie View Post
                        have to say I'm loving this questionnaire it actually gives a lot of insight to a person - thinking of you all and also cant believe the things some people have in common!!

xx
                        Yeah Kizzie, I also bought my 1st car before I got my license - it's what I learned to drive in
                        ~Kathy~

Comment

• Meli
                          Missouri Star
                          • Dec 2011

Please see below

Originally posted by Sandy Navas View Post

1. What was your favorite food when you were a child?
                            Weinerschnitzel. Discovered it on a trip to Germany when I was 10. It is STILL my favorite!
                          2. What’s your nickname or name close family and friends call you?
                            Meli or Lizzie, depending on the family/friend
                          3. What is one of your favorite quotes?
                            "Am I the sun and the moon and the stars?" she asked. "No," he said, "you're more."
                          4. What’s your favorite indoor/outdoor activity?
                            Photography
                          5. What chore do you absolutely hate doing?
                            Cleaning the bathroom
                          6. What is your favorite form of exercise?
                            Bicycling and Nordic Walking
                          7. What is your favorite time of day/day of the week/month of the year?
                            Spring (March - early June) and Christmas
                          8. What’s your least favorite mode of transportation?
                            Motorcycles. Flying over the handlebars, landing on your head and compressing your spine will do that.
                          9. What is your favorite body part?
                            Hands. They fascinate me.
                          10. What sound do you love?
                            My husband's voice
                          11. If you could throw any kind of party, what would it be like and what would it be for?
                            Did it this weekend: invite over a group of close friends and reminisce about our adolescent adventures while eating fantastic food.
                          12. If you could paint a picture of any scenery you’ve seen before, what would you paint?
                            I have no idea
                          13. If you could choose to stay a certain age forever, what age would it be?
                            I'm not a fan of aging, not excited to be turning 50 soon. But each new year brings new adventures, and I wouldn't trade that for anything.
                          14. If you knew the world was ending in 2012, what would you do differently?
                            Not a thing.
                          15. If you could choose anyone, who would you pick as your mentor?
                            I already did: they are my two heart sisters who constantly and unknowingly set the standard by which I want to live
                          16. If you could witness any event past, present or future, what would it be?
                            The coming of Christ
                          17. If you could learn to do anything, what would it be?
                            I think it might be quilting. Still in awe that I'm doing this.
                          18. If you had to work on only one project for the next year, what would it be?
                            Weight loss
                          19. If you were immortal for a day, what would you do?
                            I'm not sure I understand the question. If I had God-like powers for a day, I'd heal my mother
                          20. If you had to change your first name, what would you change it to?
                            Nothing. I like my name, which is Elizabeth. I somehow ended up with a basket full of nicknames, but I primarily go by Elizabeth
                          21. If you could meet anyone, living or dead, who would you meet?
                            Mary Price, my g-g-grandmother. She had at least 3 children, never married, and ran moonshine to raise them. She sounds like she was an interesting person.
                          22. If you won the lottery, what is the first thing you would do?
                            Pay off all my debts, buy/build a house, buy a new car, and create well-funded accounts for my parents, each of my brothers, each of my three nieces, and Jim's parent's. Trust me, this plan is WELL thought out.
                          23. If you were reincarnated as an animal/drink/ice cream flavor, what would it be?
                            I'd hope for dolphin, probably end up as a sea urchin
                          24. If you could know the answer to any question, besides “What is the meaning of life?”, what would it be?
                            Why didn't my loving Heavenly Father trust me enough with children of my own?
                          25. If you could be any fictional character, who would you choose?
                            None. My real life has been much more entertaining
                          26. Which celebrity do you get or have you been mistaken for?
                            None
                          27. What do you want to be when you grow up?
                            A Marine Biologist
                          28. When you have 30 minutes of free-time, how do you pass the time?
                            Playing 50 questions with people I don't know
                          29. What would you name the autobiography of your life?
                            I swear, I didn't plan it like that!
                          30. What songs are included on the soundtrack to your life?
                            I don't know that there are songs. More like a cacophony of crashing cymbals and out of tune violins
                          31. Have you ever had something happen to you that you thought was bad but it turned out to be for the best?
                            Yes. Met the man of my dreams and he dumped me after 9 months. I knew I'd never meet anyone again that I loved as much. Three years later, I met Jim, who continues to give me so much love that my heart overflows every day.
                          32. What was one of the best parties you’ve ever been to?
                            no idea
                          33. What was the last movie, TV show or book that made you cry or tear up?
                            Hallmark commercials do me in!
                          34. What’s the hardest thing you’ve ever done?
                            Get divorced
                          35. What was the last experience that made you a stronger person?
                            Finally agreeing with the doctor that it was time to get a hysterectomy
                          36. What did you do growing up that got you into trouble?
                            My parents went out of town for a long weekend, left me (10) and my 16 year old cousin in charge. We had two lists: one was DO THIS and one was DON'T DO THIS! We flip-flopped them. Did I mention we lived in a small town? Yeah, they heard all the details 5 minutes after getting home and that was without us saying a word.
                          37. When was the last time you had an amazing meal?
                            Saturday night
                          38. What’s the best/worst gift you’ve ever given/received?
                            Dad and I like to exchange horrid gifts to see who can trump the other. So far, his Christmas Cockroach (it's a large, 12" long plastic cockroach with red bejeweled eyes) is in the lead
                          39. What do you miss most about being a kid?
                            Spending time with Daddy
                          40. What story does your family always tell about you?
                            My husband and sons will tell you I drove the truck into a ditch. That is NOT what happened, and any photographic evidence they have to support their claim is photoshopped!
                          If you can't see it from 50 yards away on a galloping horse, it doesn't matter.

Follow my quilting adventures at Quilting Foote

Come join all the fun in our Farmer's Granddaughter Quilt Along!

Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things. (I totally ripped this off from S)

Comment

• auntiemern
                            Missouri Star
                            • Mar 2012

What was your favorite food when you were a child? chicken and dumplins' still is
                            What’s your nickname or name close family and friends call you? Weezie, middle name is Louise
                            What is one of your favorite quotes? there but for the grace of God go I
                            What’s your favorite indoor/outdoor activity? quilting/sewing fishing
                            What chore do you absolutely hate doing? cleaning the fridge
                            What is your favorite form of exercise? do not believe in excercise, lol
                            What is your favorite time of day/day of the week/month of the year? After midnight, or anytime I am alone with myself for a while.
                            What’s your least favorite mode of transportation?any more, anything being driven by DH
                            What is your favorite body part? baby feet, can just eat them up
                            What sound do you love? my grandchildren,s laughter
                            If you could throw any kind of party, what would it be like and what would it be for? not much of a partier anymore
                            If you could paint a picture of any scenery you’ve seen before, what would you paint? The great rocky mountains
                            If you could choose to stay a certain age forever, what age would it be? in my 30's before I started having health issues
                            If you knew the world was ending in 2012, what would you do differently? Kill the SOB that beat my grandson
                            If you could choose anyone, who would you pick as your mentor? Blondie, she is always so up beat
                            If you could witness any event past, present or future, what would it be? The cure for cancer
                            If you could learn to do anything, what would it be? knit
                            If you had to work on only one project for the next year, what would it be? A quilt for my bed, hand quilted of course
                            If you were immortal for a day, what would you do? Jump into the grand canyon
                            If you had to change your first name, what would you change it to? Anything but Marilyn, maybe Lynda, with a y of course
                            If you could meet anyone, living or dead, who would you meet? John Kennedy
                            If you won the lottery, what is the first thing you would do? Pay off the all the kids mortgages, and ours
                            If you were reincarnated as an animal/drink/ice cream flavor, what would it be? my mom's dog/coffee/rocky road
                            If you could know the answer to any question, besides “What is the meaning of life?”, what would it be? Why can't they find a cure for cancer
                            If you could be any fictional character, who would you choose? Kay Scarpetta
                            Which celebrity do you get or have you been mistaken for? never have
                            What do you want to be when you grow up? An artist
                            When you have 30 minutes of free-time, how do you pass the time? reading and answering posts on here, lol
                            What would you name the autobiography of your life? Hard Knocks With a Side of Laughter
                            What songs are included on the soundtrack to your life? I will always love you, Hard Candy Christmas.
                            Have you ever had something happen to you that you thought was bad but it turned out to be for the best? nothing comes to mind
                            What was one of the best parties you’ve ever been to? Halloween party at the Bowling alley. Took 2nd in the costume contest
                            What was the last movie, TV show or book that made you cry or tear up? Gran Tarino
                            What’s the hardest thing you’ve ever done? Watch my grand son fight for his life.
                            What was the last experience that made you a stronger person? Every experience in my life has made me stronger
                            What did you do growing up that got you into trouble? fight with my older sister, and I do mean physical, lol
                            When was the last time you had an amazing meal? can't remember
                            What’s the best/worst gift you’ve ever given/received? replaced my DH purple heart that was lost in a fire years ago /LOL, key fob for my van
                            What do you miss most about being a kid? Nothing
                            What is your first memory of being really excited? Christmas morning as a kid
                            What was the first thing you bought with your own money? other than junk and candy, my first car. a 72 Camaro
                            When was the last time you were nervous? am always a little nervous
                            What is something you learned in the last week? That no matter how long I live, that 9/11 - 9/15 is always going to be there
                            What story does your family always tell about you? Too many to mention
                            At what age did you become an adult? 8 the day John Kennedy was shot. Mom was a mess and I had to take care of my younger sisters
                            Is a picture worth a thousand words? Elaborate. guess it depends on the picture
                            Where’s Waldo? don't care, lol
                            The best part of waking up is? Folgers in my cup
                            How now brown cow? Whas up buttercup?
                            Whasssssuuuupppppp? The price of gas
                            Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......
                            sigpic

Comment

• RachelMichelle
                              Batting Beauty
                              • Jun 2012

What was your favorite food when you were a child? Chocolate Mayo Cake, it sounds gross but it is soooo good!
                              What’s your nickname or name close family and friends call you? My mom always calls me Pooh, but most family and friends call me Rachel Ringo
                              What is one of your favorite quotes? Life's not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's learning to dance in the rain.
                              What’s your favorite indoor/outdoor activity? Indoor:Sewing, Outdoor:Watching my boyfriend golf from the cart.
                              What chore do you absolutely hate doing? Dishes
                              What is your favorite form of exercise? Walking
                              What is your favorite time of day/day of the week/month of the year? Favorite time of the day: anytime after 8pm, year:Fall/Winter
                              What’s your least favorite mode of transportation? Driving long distance
                              What is your favorite body part? Does a person's smile count?
                              What sound do you love? Rain on the roof, its just so relaxing.
                              If you could throw any kind of party, what would it be like and what would it be for? A big bonfire to celebrate Fall and the beginning of cool weather and football!
                              If you could paint a picture of any scenery you’ve seen before, what would you paint? My backyard(its a big pasture with some horses)
                              If you could choose to stay a certain age forever, what age would it be? Probably when I was 6 because that was before my Granny was diagnosed with Cancer, so the times were always good.
                              If you knew the world was ending in 2012, what would you do differently? Not worry so much about my weight and eat anything I wanted!
                              If you could choose anyone, who would you pick as your mentor? Well Jenny Doan of course, haha.
                              If you could witness any event past, present or future, what would it be? The World Fair that was in Chicago.
                              If you could learn to do anything, what would it be? Appliqué, lol
                              If you had to work on only one project for the next year, what would it be? I honestly have no clue, I would want to work on more.
                              If you were immortal for a day, what would you do? Stand on top of Willis Tower in Chicago
                              If you had to change your first name, what would you change it to? I always wanted my name to have Mary in it somewhere so I would have my Granny's name.
                              If you could meet anyone, living or dead, who would you meet? My Grandpa Oscar, I never met him but I bet I would have had him wrapped around my little finger.
                              If you won the lottery, what is the first thing you would do? Go on a fabric shopping spree obviously.
                              If you were reincarnated as an animal/drink/ice cream flavor, what would it be? I always wanted to be a horse because they are so beautiful when they gallop across the field.
                              If you could be any fictional character, who would you choose? Snow White
                              Which celebrity do you get or have you been mistaken for? None
                              What do you want to be when you grow up? A stay at home mommy, so I can spend time with my kids and sew sew sew.
                              When you have 30 minutes of free-time, how do you pass the time? M*QC Forums or Pinterest
                              What would you name the autobiography of your life? The True Story of a Fabric Hoarder, (even tho my stash is minuscule compared to many of yours, you all give me something to work towards!)
                              What songs are included on the soundtrack to your life? I Miss You by Miley Cyrus, makes my cry every time, Livin on a Prayer, my dad's and mine song, Then by Brad Paisley, mine and my boyfriends song, just to name a few.
                              Have you ever had something happen to you that you thought was bad but it turned out to be for the best? Who hasn't?
                              What was one of the best parties you’ve ever been to? Any bonfire while I was in High School.
                              What was the last movie, TV show or book that made you cry or tear up? The Proposal.
                              What’s the hardest thing you’ve ever done? Fess up to a mistake.
                              What was the last experience that made you a stronger person? Just growing up in general.
                              What did you do growing up that got you into trouble? Fight with my little brother.
                              When was the last time you had an amazing meal? Last night, mmm.
                              What’s the best/worst gift you’ve ever given/received? Best:money for my birthday that I got to spend on fabric. Worst: I honestly can't think of anything that was that bad.
                              What do you miss most about being a kid? Not having any worries.
                              What is your first memory of being really excited? Finding a doll "hidden" in my Granny's garage for me.
                              What was the first thing you bought with your own money? The first big thing I spent my own money on would be my computer, my favorite thing I bought with my money, my sewing machine!
                              When was the last time you were nervous? I am right now, I start observing a classroom at a school I have never been to tomorrow for one of my college classes.
                              What is something you learned in the last week? Even if you weren't part of it, you still have to pay for other peoples mistakes sometimes.
                              What story does your family always tell about you? You will never know, hahaha
                              At what age did you become an adult? I would say 16, I had a job, car and had to use my own money on most of the things I wanted.
                              Is a picture worth a thousand words? Elaborate. For sure, because even if the picture is a bad one, you will talk about the person who is in it and something you remember them by.
                              Where’s Waldo? In his book.
                              The best part of waking up is? Being able to sew again.
                              How now brown cow? What's up buttercup.
                              Whasssssuuuupppppp? The Sky of course!

Comment

Working...
                              X