• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Blondie
    Missouri Star
    • May 2010

Monday!

Happy Monday

Still looking for my coffee cup. Following my nose into various rooms I have been in this morning. I am just now being able to locate things by smell. Like the dirty laundry that has piled up in the past few weeks. Sigh. I must be feeling better if I am thinking about doing laundry.

Guess you know what I will be doing today. And that should bring a smile to your face.

Have a good one.
    Sewing mends the soul.
    sigpic

Do the math; count your blessings
    Laughing is good exercise. It's like jogging on the inside.

http://pinterest.com/vintageprims/boards/ Unless we are creating we are not fully alive
    ~ Madeleine L'Engle

• quilter.martha
    Missouri Star
    • May 2011

Re: Monday!

Blondie, who wants to think about laundry this early in the morning! Glad you're feeling well enough to consider it though!

Today is tax school, grocery shopping and then maybe some time at my sewing machine. I'm working hard on the second baby quilt. It was a more involved pattern that I was thinking. But I am to the stage of squaring up all the blocks and then I can sew them together. That is my goal for today.

I posted a thread last night about our sewing group at church doing patriotic Christmas stockings for our military coming and going overseas. Hopefully you all will be able to find the post. We could use any help to get as many stockings made for them. I'm finding the new format of the forum extremely frustrating and know I'm missing posts all over the place. Any one else feel the same?

Well, I hope all have a great day!
    When life throws you scraps, make a quilt! :icon_bigsmile:

Comment

• Bubby
      Missouri Star
      • Jun 2011

Good Morning Everyone!

DH and I are both down with sinus infections. It must be the change of seasons.

We had a lovely slow weekend of sewing, watching movies and a race, playing with Miss Molly, who thinks we should spend every day like that!

I need to try to contact my LAQer again this morning. I believe she's been away on vacation for a couple of weeks. Now that it's cooler I have the bug to finish up some UFOs. I've spent lots of my time lately on the embroidery side of my new machine (Lola).

I need to get DH off to work and give Miss M her meds so she can go back to be for the morning. Wishing you all a great Monday...my day includes more than a little housework.....arghhhh!

Hugs, Barb
      sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

• MRoy
        Missouri Star
        • Jul 2011

Good morning! So much talk of housework and laundry this morning! I need to be right in there with ya, but I gotta go to work. My laundry and housework gets done before and after work. There was another death of a young person, a 32 yr old male, in our community yesterday. The preliminary investigation is that he fell in a creek...I hope for the young man's family that it wasn't foul play.

Wishing everyone a great start to the week!
        *~* Myrna *~*
        *~* Quilters lead pieceful lives *~*

Comment

• CrazyMtnLady
          Missouri Star
          • Dec 2011

Good Morning all. TarButt decided I didn't need anymore sleep and got me up to let her out. She went outside, barked at the driveway and wanted back in!
          Need to go to town today and run some errands but mainly we need FOOD! But I also need to get a couple things to finish up my gift for my SSS.
          The temperature sure has cooled down now that fall is almost here. DH's brother and sister-in-law always have a fall party on the Saturday closest to the Equinox. It is a lot of fun, but too far for us to drive.
          Hope everyone has a great day.
          Hugs and prayers.
          Donna
          MSQC: Where Strangers become Friends and Friends become Family!

"The soul would have no rainbows, if the eyes had no tears."native American wisdom

sigpic

Comment

• Monique
            Missouri Star
            • Jan 2011

Good morning friends. I AM HOME!! After a wonderful week of fabric shopping and quilt shows, it is great to be home. Now to find a home for all my stuff. I did not go crazy on the fabrics, but I did buy a lot of notions. YUP laundry today. I think there is frost on the pumpkins here this morning. Well, I better get some work done around here. I am glad to be back but it may take me a week to get caught up here. If there is anything important that I have missed, please let me know. I missed you while I was away.

I don't know when the format changed but I LIKE IT!!
            Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

• Jean Sewing Machine
              Missouri Star
              • Jan 2012

Originally posted by Monique View Post
              Good morning friends. I AM HOME!! After a wonderful week of fabric shopping and quilt shows, it is great to be home. Now to find a home for all my stuff. I did not go crazy on the fabrics, but I did buy a lot of notions. YUP laundry today. I think there is frost on the pumpkins here this morning. Well, I better get some work done around here. I am glad to be back but it may take me a week to get caught up here. If there is anything important that I have missed, please let me know. I missed you while I was away.

I don't know when the format changed but I LIKE IT!!
              Hope we get to see some of your wonderful finds! Sometimes you find notions you never knew you needed, but are very glad to find at those shows!

Comment

• GrammaBabs
                Missouri Star
                • Aug 2010

Morning all.. Blondie... just know that this "sinus" thing seems to be NationWide... here in MA,,, lots of problems... and from listening to the forum... it's everywhere... your post about... realizing your age... ahem... is something we ladies do get hit with,,, but heck,, i just say... i'm doing the best i can.. and remember fondly what i DID do in my 30's and 40's and even 50's.. that some never could keep up with... i'm learning it's fun to get up and say... "what will i do today",,, and growl when there is actually something or more than one thing on the list!!!!!
                Thanks to you girls,, i've got all the containers fitted under my quilt frame,, am now digging thru everything decided where to put them...i think this just might work..
                Off to the doc today.. this week is the "pre-op hip" stuff... i guess it's gonna happen,,, Yikes... Babs
                Hugs to all... make it a good one...
                "Each day well-lived and Happy;
                that's all there is to Life!"

Comment

• New York Sue
                  Missouri Star
                  • Mar 2012

Morning, all!
                  Babbs, my best to you! If you're anything like my DH, and his knee replacements, after everything is all said and done, you'll wonder why you didn't do it sooner.
                  I have to attend a class from 12-5 today. Complete day-drainer! I've got perennials that need to get planted, a kitchen floor that's calling my name, and all I really want to do is SEW.
                  I'll have to suck it up, and make the best of it. Perhaps a side trip to JoAnn's to check out the 'Richmond Collection', and stategically use my 15% off coupon (sale items included WOOHOO!)...
                  I really need to get off the exclamation point.
                  It may give people the idea that I'm bright and cheerful all the time....

Comment

• Sandy Navas
                    Missouri Star
                    • Dec 2010

Gee, I sure hope Blondie finds her coffee cup. Have you noticed she's short without it? She mentioned a DIRTY word (how dare she) and I realized I had Al take the laundry baskets to the laundry room yesterday . . . guess I'd best start sorting and washing. I would rather be somewhere else, too. But the floors need cleaned and what else can I use rinse water for (joking around here, ladies).

Fall is definitely in the air - leaves are starting to turn here and they are about three to four weeks early. Al cleared the last two years of leaves around my garden shed yesterday and told me it would make it much easier to keep up with them this year. Having a place with hundreds of trees loosing their leaves is wonderful - it it wasn't so hard to keep them picked up. I have convinced Al in the past (only a couple times though) to let the wind blow them over to the neighbors . . . so if you wind up with truckloads of leaves some may have come from us. We use a Cyclone Rake attached to the mower and it mulches leaves. One year Al took 93 full loads to the compost - and then I convinced him to leave the doors open on the back and let the mulch fall where it may - it does add back to the soil and wasn't near as much hard work.

I didn't manage to get any sewing done over the weekend so I'm hoping I can get caught up on a few projects between laundry loads today. If not, I'm ignoring everything the rest of the week.

Sure hope everyone has a wonderful day and that health issues all are resolved, eased, healed, treated successfully and aches and pains eased.

KEEP ON QUILTING.
                    Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
                    it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

• Granny Judy
                      Missouri Star
                      • Apr 2011

Getting back to normal around here. It's always hard for me to go to visitations and funerals. But part of this communities traditions to support the loved ones left behind.

Woke up to fog this AM. Fall is definiately here. Have a few household chores to do then get cleaned up for a Doctors visit. Just a wellness check for this 6 months. I did forget to get one test done.. bone density. Oh well, there still a few days left in this month.

Hugs to all and prayers going out to all.
                      Judy

Click HERE to find me and My imagination
                      :icon_wave:

Comment

• searchfamilies
                        Batting Beauty
                        • Jul 2012

Good Afternoon All
                        Today I been doing some laundry I have also taken a photo of a pair of socks for myself they called Waffle Socks & I used Felci Rainbow yarn they below
                        I also been watching a online class for FMQ i had hoped to do some work on the quilt i am doing but with the laundry & general housework this morning i knew i wouldn't get enough time to do a fair bit
                        Well i hope that you all are having a good day take care
                        Hugs Janice

Comment

• EnumclawGramma
                          Missouri Star
                          • Mar 2012

Good Monday Morning! It's shaping up to be another beautiful 70 degree day here in the Pacific Northwest. I'm really loving the extension to Summer. We had a busy productive weekend of garage cleaning. Generated a truckload for the dump and same for Goodwill! My sewing space is nearly complete and I'll post pics when it is. I think I'm gonna like it! Seahawks won yesterday so everyone went to bed happy last night! Today I have to get caught up on all I neglected around the house while doing the garage....pet hair, laundry, kitchen floor, and and and......

Time to get my DGD motivated in the direction of school! Hope everyone has a wonderful day! I'm still over the moon about Tami's soldier quilt! What a wonderful group we have here! SO thankful!

Hugs and Prayers.....
                          sigpic~~Libby~~

Quilters make great comforters.

Friendship is sewn with love and measured by kindness.

Comment

• EnumclawGramma
                            Missouri Star
                            • Mar 2012

Originally posted by searchfamilies View Post
                            Good Afternoon All
                            Today I been doing some laundry I have also taken a photo of a pair of socks for myself they called Waffle Socks & I used Felci Rainbow yarn they below
                            I also been watching a online class for FMQ i had hoped to do some work on the quilt i am doing but with the laundry & general housework this morning i knew i wouldn't get enough time to do a fair bit
                            Well i hope that you all are having a good day take care
                            Hugs Janice

[ATTACH=CONFIG]28190[/ATTACH]
                            LOVE these!!!!
                            sigpic~~Libby~~

Quilters make great comforters.

Friendship is sewn with love and measured by kindness.

Comment

• lilmouse
                              Missouri Star
                              • Feb 2011

Good Morning Everyone...working on my first cup of coffee, my GF never made it yesterday...life got in the way...she is coming this afternoon....did get some needed housework done...and don't have to cook today....leftovers today and probably tomorrow...yeah! Made a dish of 3 cheese tortellinis with peas and mushrooms in garlic butter sauce...yummy! On my layer cake blocks for lap quilts (using double slice pattern) cut all the blocks with first cut done and am now sewing them....300 blocks makes a huge pile! But I am started and am determined to finish...should have leftover blocks...am just doing them all up! Sassi is her usual self; woke me up this a.m. which I am grateful for...much better than the alarm clock....I have everything ready to go back to work on Thurs...will be glad to go back...have spent way too much time by myself and it is getting old! Blondie, glad you are on the mend...hope everyone feels better soon.....love the socks...those are so cute....Blondie, hope you found your coffee....life is good...have a good week, hugs and prayers and love for all!

Comment

Working...
                              X