PDA

View Full Version : Mark Forums Read

madampolo
September 16th, 2012, 08:46 PM
OK, I have searched and cannot find out where the "Mark Forums Read" button has been changed to. It just seems to be missing altogether. I always look at New Posts, and then mark all read when I read the ones that I want. That way I just need to review the new ones as they come on. As a side note, I read all of the alarm posts when the New Posts option was missing. That is the primary option I use, and I would have been alarmed, too. Take things away and you see how important they really are! I think before major changes are made, the forum should be polled to find out what it wants so new changes don't create this confusion.

CrazyMtnLady
September 17th, 2012, 10:19 AM
I have never used the feature of mark forums read. I just clicked on New Posts and saw the ones I already read marked with a green check.
New things are always confusing at first but I think the kinks will all get worked out and we will be happy with our new look.

madampolo
September 17th, 2012, 11:33 AM
Well, I used the "mark forums read" button several times a day. That way, the next time I clicked on new posts, I see only what's new since the last time I looked at it. Something is happening though. The first time I looked at new posts I had 236 posts to look at, the second time 25. Are they being cleared each time you select new posts? That's no good! I want to be the person to decide that I am through looking at the new posts. I am sure we "will get used to it" as we always do. It is not the "new look", but the functionality that is available that is important, and no functionality should be taken away, only added to. Too bad that isn't realized.